TX - Dad rapes stepson to avenge 8 yo daughter's rape, Fort Worth, 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you SCM & SD, I'm not sure if I'm going to word this right. You would think that if he were going to hurt his step-son it would have been immediately upon catching him assaulting his daughter. Unless he figured step-son wouldn't coming home, does this make sense?
Sounds to me he didnt hurt him at first to try and do the right thing and turn him in. Then when he wanted to come back home is when he did what he did. I may not agree with what he did but I do NOT blame him in anyway. Heck I may have killed the guy had it been my kid.

I agree with what you have said. For the bolded part what is the difference?

A pedophile is strictly attracted to prepubescent children. A situtation molester may be a sociopath...think serial rapist...no conscience, does what he/she wants to do when they want to do it, if they think they will not get caught.

paddy,

Makes sense to me. Stepfather probably did not plan to bail him out and didn't think his wife would either.

A pedophile is strictly attracted to prepubescent children. A situtation molester may be a sociopath...think serial rapist...no conscience, does what he/she wants to do when they want to do it, if they think they will not get caught.
Thanks so much!:blowkiss:

Okay In my eyes if you hurt a kid like this you are a pedo, guess not. GRRRR I hate these cases against kids, man when will it stop

SouthCityMom,

I don't care whether this 18 year old man is a situational molester or a pedophile. I'm sure the little girl doesn't see the distinction. In some ways, being a situational molester makes him more dangerous than a pedophile...he doesn't care who or what he rapes when the urge and the right situation arises.

I'm sorry y'all, but I don't think a program will help an 18 year old. Again, while I think the father went too far, the 18 year old should never have been given bail. JMO

I said in an earlier post that I didn't care either because the end result is the same. I was simply trying to explain my mindset when I used a word that offended some posters.

That's what I want to know. Too many children suffer in this world.

Not attacking you SCM. This whole thing just makes me so angry!

Ditto that SCM I really wished I thought like you. I have posted with you a lot and you have such an even temper. I can not say the same for myself, but really :clap: :clap: :clap: you for being able too!:blowkiss:

Thank you SCM & SD, I'm not sure if I'm going to word this right. You would think that if he were going to hurt his step-son it would have been immediately upon catching him assaulting his daughter. Unless he figured step-son wouldn't coming home, does this make sense?

It's interesting, I agree, paddy. Immediately upon seeing it, he was somehow able to get his bearings and do the right thing. That's laudable. But it sounds like the thought that this stepson was released to come back into the home with the child he had assaulted made him make up his mind to take matters into his own hands.

I think his actions were a little more calculated than had he done it immediately upon witnessing the assault - that would definitely be a crime of passion. This was more methodical and thought out - IMHO, the mind of someone who felt no one was getting things right. I'll bet he was furious the stepson got out on bail and I'll bet this fury was coupled with anger at his wife, the stepson's Mom and that his assault of the stepson was, in part, an attempt to get back at the wife.

Anyway - just more calculated than passionate from where I sit.

:blowkiss: I know, Sewing Deb, that we are on the same side. I will surely chose my words more carefully next time...frankly I was just a little hotheaded that anyone could perceive this father as a hero and my fingers got ahead of my brain!

The key in this case is what happens to the 18 year old now that he has been assaulted. Do they let him plead it down? Do they give him probation and sex offender registry? Any rape is incredibly violent, but Anal??? I just have a deep fear that the step dad just propelled this 18 year old into sexual sadist or something similar...

Ditto that SCM I really wished I thought like you. I have posted with you a lot and you have such an even temper. I can not say the same for myself, but really :clap: :clap: :clap: you for being able too!:blowkiss:

Thanks, Indy. :blowkiss: It's a terrible tragedy and I worry so for the girl. All these people sound very sick - she's so young - I can't help but hold out hope for her!

In an off way this reminds me of the attorney father in CT who stabbed that man to death after his wife said he (the neighbor) had molested their daughter. In both cases, I just immediately feel like - why fail your daughter again by doing something like this.

:blowkiss: I know, Sewing Deb, that we are on the same side. I will surely chose my words more carefully next time...frankly I was just a little hotheaded that anyone could perceive this father as a hero and my fingers got ahead of my brain!

The father is not a hero, but I can definately understand the rage that he was feeling.
I can only hope that I am never faced with anything even remotely close to this, but if somebody harmed my child, I truly do not know how I would react.
I have read many of your posts, and your ability to see thinks rationally, has always impressed me.:blowkiss:

SCM,

:blowkiss:

You have a good point about the attack on the stepson being more calculated than if he had attacked him when he caught him in the act.

The father is not a hero, but I can definately understand the rage that he was feeling.
I can only hope that I am never faced with anything even remotely close to this, but if somebody harmed my child, I truly do not know how I would react.
I have read many of your posts, and your ability to see thinks rationally, has always impressed me.:blowkiss:

You are very kind, csds. I too hope I am never faced with such a thing. None of us can really know how we would react. Like most parents here, I know I could kill or die to protect my child from imminent death. I would hope if ever faced with a situation like this, I would have the presence of mind to realize that I could only truly serve my child by staying out of jail for murder or assault.

You are very kind, csds. I too hope I am never faced with such a thing. None of us can really know how we would react. Like most parents here, I know I could kill or die to protect my child from imminent death. I would hope if ever faced with a situation like this, I would have the presence of mind to realize that I could only truly serve my child by staying out of jail for murder or assault.

There you go being rational again.:)

There you go being rational again.:)

If you keep saying that, I'll start to believe it! LOL! I promise I can be as irrational as I like about some things. :blowkiss:

Not to get totally off-topic, but SewingDeb got me to thinking....the reason I think it's important to think about the distinction between a pedophile who molests and a situational child molester is probably rooted in the fact that so many of my close women (and a few men) friends were molested by family members who are not what I (or they) consider to be bonafide pedophiles (ie - people who are only sexually aroused by prepubescent children).

IMHO, our children are in less danger from the pedo strangers that might snatch them off the streets (although those cases make the news big time) than from the drunken brother-in-law who might be in town for a visit. Just my thoughts.

I just read this whole thread and for some reason can not form an opinion. I keep going back and forth on what i think....but i feel so incredibly bad for the little girl. :(

If you keep saying that, I'll start to believe it! LOL! I promise I can be as irrational as I like about some things. :blowkiss:

Not to get totally off-topic, but SewingDeb got me to thinking....the reason I think it's important to think about the distinction between a pedophile who molests and a situational child molester is probably rooted in the fact that so many of my close women (and a few men) friends were molested by family members who are not what I (or they) consider to be bonafide pedophiles (ie - people who are only sexually aroused by prepubescent children).

IMHO, our children are in less danger from the pedo strangers that might snatch them off the streets (although those cases make the news big time) than from the drunken brother-in-law who might be in town for a visit. Just my thoughts.

The situational molestor would probably enrage me more. These are suppose to be the people we can trust our children with. We let our guard down when we know them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephNTexas
Back