GUILTY TX - Deputy Darren Goforth, 47, fatally shot, Harris County, 28 Aug 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Shaking my head.

OT for two sentences:
Discussions I've followed on other sites end up in rumours, accusations, name calling, wild speculation, victim blaming, etc. I find those discussions stressful and unproductive. I prefer the TOS and clear cut expectations of posters here.
JMO.

Discussions I've followed on other sites end up in rumours, accusations, name calling, wild speculation, victim blaming, etc. I find those discussions stressful and unproductive. I prefer the TOS and clear cut expectations of posters here.

I highly doubt there will be much victim blaming on this case. But I hear what you are saying.

Video of District Attorney Devon Anderson's comments to media (7 min):

http://www.khou.com/videos/news/local/raw-video/2015/08/31/71459600/

Note-- a witness picked out SM from a lineup, in addition to the ballistics matching the weapon. And the partial box of ammo found in the home also matched.

They have the entire shooting on tape-- from the shooter sitting in wait in his truck, to Officer Goforth walking out of the gas station, and the shooter getting out of the truck and shooting first in the back of his head point blank, then unloading the rest of the bullets into him while he is face down.

I highly doubt there will be much victim blaming on this case. But I hear what you are saying.

I agree and it's nice to know no one will get far if they try, whereas in some place it's encouraged from the get go. But it's just one aspect of WS vs. other places overall.

Yes, there should be charges for mom if she is trying to give him a fake alibi.:scared:

Every law enforcement agency in every city needs to take heed when they see something like this and also the DOJ.

If they had done something about this online death threat two lives may have been saved.

No one should be allowed to say such things as this. No one.

This is not the first time the issues of racial tension and anti-police sentiment have emerged following a fatal shooting of an officer. Authorities said the man who ambushed and killed two NYPD cops in Brooklyn last year made online posts that were "very anti-police" and cited Ferguson. The suspect, Ismaaiyl Brinsley, wrote on an Instagram account: "I'm putting wings on pigs today. They take 1 of ours, let's take 2 of theirs." He used the hashtags Shootthepolice RIPErivGardner (sic) RIPMikeBrown.

Goforth had just finished filling up his cruiser on Friday night when he was shot in the back of the head. The gunman then stood over him and kept firing, said Devon Anderson, the Harris County district attorney.

Goforth, 47, was a 10-year veteran of the force with a wife and two kids. More than 1,000 people turned out on Sunday night for a walk in support of law enforcement, and donations of cash for the family have topped $150,000 at the gas station and online.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-say-texas-deputy-darren-goforth-was-n418856

I think we should be allowed to discuss the motive the Sheriff has put forth and he said it was because Deputy Goforth wore a police uniform. I don't find this case any different than the suspect who murdered the two NY officers in cold blood.

JMO

Doesn't she understand there is video at the gas station?

They have the entire shooting on tape, according to DA Anderson-- from the shooter sitting in wait in his truck, to Officer Goforth walking out of the gas station, and the shooter getting out of the truck and shooting first in the back of his head point blank, then unloading the rest of the bullets into him while he is face down.

All I can think of is Ron White talking about texas and the death penalty... he says texas has an express lane for the death penalty and if you come to texas and kill somebody we will kill you back.

[video=youtube;TgQRgT15f9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgQRgT15f9U[/video]

:) love tater salad

I wonder if federal hate crimes charges will be filed?

I wonder if the White House or President has called Mrs. Goforth to express condolences?

I wonder if the White House will send representatives to Officer Goforth's funeral?

My sense is that the answer to all three will be "no." If anything is said at all, they will say it's an issue for the State of Texas to handle.

All I can think of is Ron White talking about texas and the death penalty... he says texas has an express lane for the death penalty and if you come to texas and kill somebody we will kill you back.

[video=youtube;TgQRgT15f9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgQRgT15f9U[/video]

:) love tater salad

California should take a few lessons from Texas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat
Back