TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it leaves a paper trail.
Did CC enter the garage prior to the victim and waited? Or was she trailing? If it is the former, why not go in on foot, then run back out to your borrowed or rented car? Put a hood on. Someone wasn't using their evil thinking cap.

From reviewing some of the news articles posted, it appears that CC and apparent accomplices entered the garage by following another car in and then waited for Kendra's car to arrive.

Man owns Jeep. Male 1 lends Jeep to Female 1. Female 1 loans Jeep to CC. CC claims she was paid $500 to drive Jeep to rob KH by unknown Male 2, who shot KH.

*With the exception of Male 2, who remains a ghost* this sounds exactly like what goes on with my neighbors when the son is back on drugs. We go a couple of months and it's all quiet, then he starts using or dealing or out of jail or off probation and guess what? We have randoms coming and going at ALL hours, cars being dropped off and picked up (many of them with heavy damage and/or missing plates), ultimately ending up with the Deputies being called by the rest of the neighbors to complain, and twice this year, a full-on raid (yeah, that's fun for the rest of us >.<).

And the excuses. Oh, the excuses. It's never anyone's fault, the cops have got it all wrong, the cars are just to help somebody out, we didn't do anything, that OD last night? He didn't take anything, it must have been when he got home...

BTW I live in an area one would never think this sort of thing goes on. Sadly, from what I can make out, years back kids got hooked on their parents prescription pills. Now those pills are more tightly regulated and heroin and meth are cheap. So some of them turned to street drugs. With horrible consequences.

Long story short, I'm betting my 50c drugs are involved. Maybe it was an attempted robbery by CC. Maybe poor KH was targeted for some whacked-out reasoning in CC's mind. Whatever else comes out, drugs are in the mix, IMO.

(Drugs on CC's side, not Dr Hatcher, I'm in no way implying that!)

I am shocked! Why would she do this with her child in the car!?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

My wild guess is going to be that the other person was a boyfriend or at least someone she was in a relationship with. It doesn't seem that unusual, sadly, for some women to put keeping a man a higher priority than the health and welfare of their children.

Man owns Jeep. Male 1 lends Jeep to Female 1. Female 1 loans Jeep to CC. CC claims she was paid $500 to drive Jeep to rob KH by unknown Male 2, who shot KH.

*With the exception of Male 2, who remains a ghost* this sounds exactly like what goes on with my neighbors when the son is back on drugs. We go a couple of months and it's all quiet, then he starts using or dealing or out of jail or off probation and guess what? We have randoms coming and going at ALL hours, cars being dropped off and picked up (many of them with heavy damage and/or missing plates), ultimately ending up with the Deputies being called by the rest of the neighbors to complain, and twice this year, a full-on raid (yeah, that's fun for the rest of us >.<).

And the excuses. Oh, the excuses. It's never anyone's fault, the cops have got it all wrong, the cars are just to help somebody out, we didn't do anything, that OD last night? He didn't take anything, it must have been when he got home...

BTW I live in an area one would never think this sort of thing goes on. Sadly, from what I can make out, years back kids got hooked on their parents prescription pills. Now those pills are more tightly regulated and heroin and meth are cheap. So some of them turned to street drugs. With horrible consequences.

Long story short, I'm betting my 50c drugs are involved. Maybe it was an attempted robbery by CC. Maybe poor KH was targeted for some whacked-out reasoning in CC's mind. Whatever else comes out, drugs are in the mix, IMO.

While I believe you are spot on about CC's motivating source being money for drugs, I feel the mastermind's motives for having KH is something totally different. I believe he wanted vindication, retaliation, & revenge for being dumped by KH.

Moo

CBS DFW
1 hr · Edited ·
UPDATE: The reason the Dallas County Jail website shows two charges is due to a clerical error, according to Dallas Police. Cortes is being charged with one count of capital murder and is currently being held on $500,000 bond. The clerical error file will not be corrected until Tuesday, after the holiday https://www.facebook.com/CBSDFW?fref=nf

Well, this clerical error would explain the 2 charges. However, when I go into the Dallas County criminal records search and pull up the paperwork that was filed, it states the offense as: CAP_MUR_PEACE OFF/FIREMAN. Talk about another error to confuse the situation.

While I believe you are spot on about CC's motivating source being money for drugs, I feel the mastermind's motives for having KH is something totally different. I believe he wanted vindication, retaliation, & revenge for being dumped by KH.

Moo

Sorry, I should have been more specific :)

It's the story of the Jeep being loaned around to all and sundry which makes me think CC is hanging/involved with a drug crowd.

I'm on the fence about Male 2. If he exists, I think there's a drug/money link between him and CC. One which Dr H had no idea about. If it is a vindictive ex, I think the link between him, CC, and his *puke* revenge will be drug-related. JMO.

BBM

According to the arrest warrant the person who paid Crystal the $500 is an "unnamed individual". The person who shot Kendra is an "unknown male suspect". The assumption is that the payor and the shooter are two different people. http://www.scribd.com/doc/278621646/Signed-PCA-1700-Cedar-Springs

The other thing I don't get about Crystal is if she thought this was just a robbery, but she then witnessed Kendra's murder, the shooter got back in the Jeep and they went ~somewhere~.....why didn't Crystal call the police as soon as she could?

She just seems dumber every time I put pieces of info together.

She seems to be filled with anger and also seems not to have good judgement. I go back to the facebook page, pretty dumb to leave it public with all those really awful posts on it. <modsnip>

Sorry if this has already been discussed but KH worked for Deca Dental. Is that correct? If so, which one? On Google maps the one that came up closest to her apartment was one on Midway Road.

Either Kendra was targeted and someone knew her comings and goings and where and when she parked her car or it was random. By random, let's pull into this lot and the first person who pulls into that space gets robbed? And then, maybe it was a case of someone wanting to see how it would feel to kill someone. SMH. I think she was targeted.

Sorry if this has already been discussed but KH worked for Deca Dental. Is that correct? If so, which one? On Google maps the one that came up closest to her apartment was one on Midway Road.

In one of the articles about her death, DECA reported KH worked for them for 4 months in early 2014; the expressed their sympathy for the loss. I have read that KH's current employer was Smile. DECA is a chain and if Smile is the same as in Louisiana, it is a chain also. In Louisiana, they see a large number of Medicaid clients.

BBM

According to the arrest warrant the person who paid Crystal the $500 is an "unnamed individual". The person who shot Kendra is an "unknown male suspect". The assumption is that the payor and the shooter are two different people. http://www.scribd.com/doc/278621646/Signed-PCA-1700-Cedar-Springs

The other thing I don't get about Crystal is if she thought this was just a robbery, but she then witnessed Kendra's murder, the shooter got back in the Jeep and they went ~somewhere~.....why didn't Crystal call the police as soon as she could? She just seems dumber every time I put pieces of info together.

CC might not go to the police if there was a threat against her family. Maybe this is the reason why a family member was taken by CPS.

BBM

The other thing I don't get about Crystal is if she thought this was just a robbery, but she then witnessed Kendra's murder, the shooter got back in the Jeep and they went ~somewhere~.....why didn't Crystal call the police as soon as she could?

While I don't believe that "somebody paid her $500 to drive someone to commit a robbery scenario," robbery is a felony. If somebody is killed during commission of a felony, that's murder. By agreeing to participate in a robbery, and victim getting killed, she would be guilty of murder. Therefore, what would be the benefit of her calling the police?

While I don't believe that "somebody paid her $500 to drive someone to commit a robbery scenario," robbery is a felony. If somebody is killed during commission of a felony, that's murder. By agreeing to participate in a robbery, and victim getting killed, she would be guilty of murder. Therefore, what would be the benefit of her calling the police?

True, but she doesn't appear to have the necessary brain cells to rub together to come up with your thought process.

More likely shooter threatened her to keep quiet. He did let her live, after all.

ETA also, just curious, do you believe the arrest warrant is stating a falsehood WRT to the $500 being paid to Crystal?

True, but she doesn't appear to have the necessary brain cells to rub together to come up with your thought process.

More likely shooter threatened her to keep quiet. He did let her live, after all.

ETA also, just curious, do you believe the arrest warrant is stating a falsehood WRT to the $500 being paid to Crystal?

If she is paid $500 to participate in a robbery, victim is killed, she is up to her ears in the crime. Why would anyone expect her to call the police, whether she has the necessary brain cells or not?

That is not stated in the article.

We don't know if that's the case. It's true the family said, that LE said, the child "was involved in this". LE has confirmed nothing of the sort, and "involved" could mean something different.

Last night the cops came, took my little nephew out of my mom&#8217;s custody claiming that he was involved in this,&#8221; Aguilar said.

Dallas Police would not comment on whether they interviewed Cortes&#8217; son, but a spokesperson for the Department of Family and Protective Services confirms the boy is in protective custody.

&#8220;He is a very intelligent kid, so he would tell them exactly if he was in the car, he would tell them exactly what happened,&#8221; Aguilar said.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/09/05/family-says-crystal-cortes-is-small-part-of-larger-conspiracy/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom