TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. My son let his ex stay on his plan for a year because he felt bad and knew she had money issues. She was a student and her phone was much cheaper being on his plan. And he didnt want to upset her, make things worse so he let it go for a year. Maybe it was a similar situation with BD. He might have thought he was being kind by letting her stay on the plan for now. I don't think that was necessarily misleading her, unless he was texting her flirty stuff etc.

I agree. I'm not sure why he is being criticized for being, what sounds like, an empathetic person? Certainly he couldn't have anticipated what BD was capable of or would have been calling the cops and not texting her good luck or letting her stay on his plan. If he thought they could be friends I don't think that makes him bad; or even if he had mixed feelings about the break up I don't think that makes him bad, and certainly not culpable for BD's actions. I don't get the inequality thing. These are young people. People date the wrong people and hopefully eventually find someone right. But, heck, even that doesn't work out sometimes. Most people aren't perfect in how they handle relationships and breakups. Most don't kill others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is something that concerns me. We have all known since the earliest days of this incident that BD was somehow involved. The CC/vehicle/former boyfriend connection and more. Is there no way that DPD could have obtain a warrant? Or at least keep decent tabs on BD until they could get enough evidence to arrest her? This is not a knock on DPD, I am perplexed as to why nothing could have been done to stop the main culprit from becoming a fugitive who we may or may not ever find.

I've seen no evidence that RP was interested in continuing any sort of relationship with BD. In fact it appears he was going to move to Ca, and KH was going to go with him.
He was dating BD for several years, and apparently texted her to wish her good luck on her exam. Most people are able to communicate with their exes every now and then without ex ordering a hit on the new love interest.

I think it's important to ask questions but not to accuse. How did he know to text BD good luck about her test? Was he still paying her phone bill?
That being said & to emphasize my previous post, certainly he didn't want this to end this way but we need more info because there are questions.

We are getting little information.....

The BF has nothing to do with Kendra's murder, Imo, and is not responsible for how his ex reacted to his new relationship, no matter how well he treated her, what bills he paid, etc...any more than he would be responsible if he had broken up with the ex in a horrible way and never thought of her again. In no universe could he have anticipated Kendra would be in mortal danger, even if she was "unstable" unless she had made threats that he was aware of and ignored. I don't understand why it matters whether or not he removed her from his phone plan. Even if he WAS stringing her along, which he does not seemed to have been doing, Imo, he still is not to blame for anything involving Kendra's murder. She (the ex) apparently dreamed up her plan and found helpmates all on her own. Jmo

Thank you...time will tell. Lisa I was one of Kendras friends. ..it still seems unreal justhat keep checking back here to see if anything new showed up but nothing...but maybe it's just going to take time
I practiced yoga at the same studio Kendra did and I just talked to her not long ago.
Did you know RP ?
I wondered if BD had been harassing Kendra.

All of this talk about RP still paying her phone bill and texting her, I have to say that if my new bf was still paying his CRAZY ex's bill and she was still on his plan, I wouldn't go for that.
RP's mother told him she needed psychological help, yet, he still didn't cut ties with her completely.
If you are moving on from a relationship with someone who isn't mentally stable, you have to cut ALL ties, otherwise, they will never go away and will always hold out hope that there is a chance of reconciliation.

As for the relationship being unequal, yes, doctors typically want someone who is just as, if not more, educated than they are.
A doctor who graduated from Stanford is't going to settle down with a girl from Pleasant Grove....just doesn't happen.

ADMIN NOTE:

VERIFIED PROFESSIONALS and CASE INSIDERS

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some hold specialized knowledge that applies to the various circumstances of the cases we discuss, and can contribute valuable insight and information. We welcome their participation.

To ensure that anyone posting as a "professional" in a specific field truly is what/who they claim to be, WS employs a verification process.

The verification process also applies to "case insiders". Relatives, friends, and others personally acquainted with a victim or suspect; or a professional working on behalf of a victim or the family, i.e., a private investigator, can submit a request to be verified as a "case insider".

If you would like to become verified, please contact the site owner at wsverify@gmail.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, a telephone number, and the times when you can be reached.

If you are a "professional" or "case insider", but would prefer not to be verified, please understand that you will be required to follow the general rules for posting, and back up your statements with links to appropriate sources.

As for the relationship being unequal, yes, doctors typically want someone who is just as, if not more, educated than they are.
A doctor who graduated from Stanford is't going to settle down with a girl from Pleasant Grove....just doesn't happen.

So you are saying that in the history of the universe, no doctor ever married someone with less education than they are? LOL.

There is something that concerns me. We have all known since the earliest days of this incident that BD was somehow involved. The CC/vehicle/former boyfriend connection and more. Is there no way that DPD could have obtain a warrant? Or at least keep decent tabs on BD until they could get enough evidence to arrest her? This is not a knock on DPD, I am perplexed as to why nothing could have been done to stop the main culprit from becoming a fugitive who we may or may not ever find.
In my opinion they could have arrested her on what they knew from the start. Or at least kept track of her before they had enough evidence to arrest her. Unfortunately it appears they are not in good shape in term of having enough resources to do things that need to be done.

All of this talk about RP still paying her phone bill and texting her, I have to say that if my new bf was still paying his CRAZY ex's bill and she was still on his plan, I wouldn't go for that.
RP's mother told him she needed psychological help, yet, he still didn't cut ties with her completely.
If you are moving on from a relationship with someone who isn't mentally stable, you have to cut ALL ties, otherwise, they will never go away and will always hold out hope that there is a chance of reconciliation.

I respectfully disagree lisamac12073. I have been in the medical field almost 30 years, and I have seen doctors with all kinds of spouses. Among the spouses that come to mind: a landscaper, a massage therapist, an ex-nanny, an ex-stripper (allegedly), a caterer. I could go on and on. I even know of one male doctor with teenage kids who left his wife for another man.

On a personal note, I have studied toward my doctorate degree, and my husband of 26 years has a high school diploma. He has worked for years, and is now a dept. head at his job. He started out as a counselor. My Aunt was a school system administrator, and my uncle retired from General Motors as a production worker. My friend is a Major in the Air Force, and I still haven't figured out what her husband does after all these years (Mr. Mom?). I have another friend who is the manager of our city's credit union, and her husband plays in a band. My brother teaches at the university level, and my sister-in-law has a home day care. My husband's sisters are an attorney, a teacher, and a CFO. I would consider all of their husbands regular working guys.

Doctor's are just people too. That's why it irks me to read things like this in this thread and the Dr. Sievers thread. Sometimes the person who is for you, and who fills your needs, is not someone with an equal educational level. Education is just one of many factors that might attract people to each other.

I guess DPD didn't believe CC and bought BD's story. Now that DOD had two people telling the same story they have enough to pick up BD. Kind of strange to me.

In the Dallas area...most male doctors want the typical Dallas wife (Barbie) who will impress their friends and colleagues....that's just the way it is here.
If a male doctor has a choice between a gorgeous, sophisticated dentist or a so-so dental student from Pleasant Grove, who do you think he is going to pick.....

I guess DPD didn't believe CC and bought BD's story. Now that DOD had two people telling the same story they have enough to pick up BD. Kind of strange to me.

I've seen nothing to suggest DPD ever bought BD's story. Seems like they believed from the start BD was the "mastermind," if you look at the search warrants. Even the early search warrant says they confirmed CC's story, so they must have believed CC was telling the truth (or at least something close to the truth) from the start.

In the Dallas area...most male doctors want the typical Dallas wife (Barbie) who will impress their friends and colleagues....that's just the way it is here.
If a male doctor has a choice between a gorgeous, sophisticated dentist or a so-so dental student from Pleasant Grove, who do you think he is going to pick.....

Do they want Barbie or someone with the same (or higher level) of education as they are? As far as I know, when someone says Barbie, high level of education isn't what comes to mind.

You've never been to the Highland Park area in Dallas.
Yes, the women who are married to doctors, attorneys, CEOs look like Barbies and come from good backgrounds.....that's just the way it is in Big D.

I respectfully disagree lisamac12073. I have been in the medical field almost 30 years, and I have seen doctors with all kinds of spouses. Among the spouses that come to mind: a landscaper, a massage therapist, an ex-nanny, an ex-stripper (allegedly), a caterer. I could go on and on. I even know of one male doctor with teenage kids who left his wife for another man.

On a personal note, I have studied toward my doctorate degree, and my husband of 26 years has a high school diploma. He has worked for years, and is now a dept. head at his job. He started out as a counselor. My Aunt was a school system administrator, and my uncle retired from General Motors as a production worker. My friend is a Major in the Air Force, and I still haven't figured out what her husband does after all these years (Mr. Mom?). I have another friend who is the manager of our city's credit union, and her husband plays in a band. My brother teaches at the university level, and my sister-in-law has a home day care. My husband's sisters are an attorney, a teacher, and a CFO. I would consider all of their husbands regular working guys.

Doctor's are just people too. That's why it irks me to read things like this in this thread and the Dr. Sievers thread. Sometimes the person who is for you, and who fills your needs, is not someone with an equal educational level. Education is just one of many factors that might attract people to each other.

ITA. People don't just marry those with the same exact level of education as they are. My guess is the reason why RP and BD broke up didn't have anything to do with her level of education.

You've never been to the Highland Park area in Dallas.
Yes, the women who are married to doctors, attorneys, CEOs look like Barbies and come from good backgrounds.....that's just the way it is in Big D.

So they look like Barbies, come from good backgrounds, and they are all MDs? Is there enough of those to go around for all those doctors to marry?

Do they want Barbie or someone with the same (or higher level) of education as they are? As far as I know, when someone says Barbie, high level of education isn't what comes to mind.

It depends on whether she owns her penthouse. You have to check the papers in her pink purse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I will probably get backlash for my comments but Dallas is all about looks and where you come.
RP went from a girl who is mentally unstable and couldn't even afford to pay her own cell phone bill to a successful dentist who could afford to travel, lived in an upscale apartment and was very independent.....

RP wasn't going to stay in Dallas. He was moving to CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8