TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone know, that Liz wanted to celebrate their 5th anniversary (therefore the garage sale) and this someone didn't like, if Liz would still be able to have her day? Maybe, it was promised to the person, the next anniversary wouldn't took place?
Why didn't Liz advertise the garage sale on SM, if she had accounts? I can't believe it, privacy back or forth. Why all the work of carrying the stuff out and building it up, if only some friends/acquaintances would have shown up (as I heard here on WS)? Liz had a job, afaik, so she even had to take one day off for this garage sale. All for nearly nothing to gain? o_O a lot.
Excellent thoughts @FromGermany1, much like so many posts here. I've wondered the same... asked myself why was it so important to have an unadvertised garage sale prior to the trip, and then to find out that the money wasn't really needed for the trip. Liz was a planner and the trip was already paid for and all the other expenses taken care of that go along with trip expenses. Did someone talk her into having the garage sale?

I've also asked who didn't want Liz to go on the trip? Who didn't want her to celebrate a 5-year anniversary?

Or did any of this even matter? Maybe the garage sale was an opportunity to have access of Liz - who knew she would be out there on the driveway all by herself?

Speculation and moo

I really feel for Liz’s parents as there seems no known progress on Liz’s case from day 1 and it is frustrating. Although not an important detail, I must say that I find it a bit strange that Liz's family waited for Sergio to arrive at the scene to go to the hospital, and after Sergio arrived, this time they waited for his family to arrive so that he would not be alone there. Maybe it’s just me but it seems to me that they may have waited to observe what was going on and what would happen when they arrived .Jmo.

I really feel for Liz’s parents as there seems no known progress on Liz’s case from day 1 and it is frustrating. Although not an important detail, I must say that I find it a bit strange that Liz's family waited for Sergio to arrive at the scene to go to the hospital, and after Sergio arrived, this time they waited for his family to arrive so that he would not be alone there. Maybe it’s just me but it seems to me that they may have waited to observe what was going on and what would happen when they arrived .Jmo.
Which brings me right back to the fact that the parents got there so quick after the alarm went off but Sergio didn’t despite the nest camera alert and the alarm notification.

So many frustrating things about this case.

Part of me does wonder if Liz’s assailant picked that day because they somehow knew that either Sergio would leave earlier than usual and before and thus they had a window of opportunity to shoot her without Sergio running out the house and interrupting them or they somehow knew she would be alone that day because she, and she alone, was hosting the yard sale?

Like maybe it had less to do with her leaving the next day but more so because of Sergio’s schedule and the yard sale the killer would have ample opportunity to unfortunately get Liz alone, unguarded and vulnerable. Perhaps they worried or knew such opportunity wouldn’t be available again because Liz and Sergio would be leaving together the next day for their anniversary and then go right back to their normal schedules when they returned home.

I don’t mean this shift blame to Sergio or accuse him or anyone of planning her murder but I was wondering since we are aware that she didn’t post the sale on social media, didn’t tell many people and only put two signs out, if LE could identify exactly who or maybe could estimate of how many people were aware via word-of-mouth at least by the night before that Liz was going to have a yard sale and who exactly who or how many people were aware that Sergio also had an earlier shift to report to that morning? Maybe the person who murdered Liz access to both sets of information and they did not have to see a sign or talk directly to the couple or be part of their inner circle to get it.

I was just thinking along the lines that maybe Liz’s murderer or the person who planned to wasn’t told directly by either Liz or Sergio but maybe overheard the phone conversations they had with their parents or was told via word-of-mouth as that information was passed down from one person to the other like a game of telephone. In hindsight this could prevent her killer/s from ever leaving a paper trail on their phones either via call logs or text messages. Overall, if the killer did not act alone than it would only suit them and their co-conspirator to plan everything via conversation or orally to better evade police detection later on.

Some people see a flowy robe like a female Star Wars character may wear (think Daisy Riddles character) and some people think they see a wig.

I see a woman around Liz’s age (late 20s- early 30s) who just rolled out of bed dressed to do something like walk the dog, smoke a cigarette, etc.

The robe and ugg style soft boots just scream that to me.
If you are right, it suggests a neighbor is the shooter. Perhaps not happy about noise in the morning, or people that will be coming and going all day, causing a dog to bark, or people blocking the driveway, or some other annoyance.

FYI:
Hard copy of above 2009 Stephen F. Austin University
'yearbook', (perhaps containing possible pictures of Liz
Nuelle involved in student activities or perhaps of her
with persons who may have been her co-students or
friends), is currently purchaseable on ebay from a
seller 'vedadore'.
----

P.S. Perhaps, skoogmagoo , the murder arose from
something Elizabeth Barraza did (or something the
killer thought she did
) when she was at High School
or University, or (as I understand) working at that
H.O.A. - the killer seemed to feel the need to give a
short explanation for the shooting, so I assume the killer
said something that took about as long to say as like
' do you remember back when you did 'X' that caused
'Y' to happen to 'Z'? '. (The thing she did, or that the
killer incorrectly believed she did, could have been
something way back in the past like stole someone's
boyfriend or getting a fellow-student expelled, or
doing or failing to do something at the H.O.A., that
caused someone or someone's child or family a lot
of grief). Also, possibly the killer thought that the
occurence that gave rise to their grudge may have
occurred so many years back that the killer thought
the police would not be likely to figure/find out about
the specific motive, so no need to be worried about
any follow-on investigation so long as the killer can
get away uncaught from the scene of the crime.
-----

Incidently, doing a 2022 'google street walk' along Loring
Lane in nearby Cypresswood area, there seems to be a
dark blue Pro4X parked in a shady driveway of a house in
that street. (Obviously, I won't post the specific address.)

Last edited:
If you are right, it suggests a neighbor is the shooter. Perhaps not happy about noise in the morning, or people that will be coming and going all day, causing a dog to bark, or people blocking the driveway, or some other annoyance.

I think this person knew she was setting up at 6am and made an excuse to borrow the vehicle at the place they were staying at.

I strongly think it’s a woman. It could have been her bf/husbands truck at her house, his house, etc.

My gut tells me the vehicle was from out of town, the shooter made and excuse to use it (baby needs milk/diapers, we are out of coffee/cigarettes) or just used it without their knowledge (they were sleeping or were slapping at someone else’s house).

I really feel for Liz’s parents as there seems no known progress on Liz’s case from day 1 and it is frustrating. Although not an important detail, I must say that I find it a bit strange that Liz's family waited for Sergio to arrive at the scene to go to the hospital, and after Sergio arrived, this time they waited for his family to arrive so that he would not be alone there. Maybe it’s just me but it seems to me that they may have waited to observe what was going on and what would happen when they arrived .Jmo

I get the vibe that Sergio is emotionally immature and they kinda baby him

Not that I am aware of, but for clarification, I didn't say they were concealed. I was referring to the truck moving from the Goddard school to a secondary concealed location before going directly to the Barrazas.
One thing I noticed too is that for the 3-4 videos the killer is spotted on they also have their car’s brights on, even while parked. Maybe they thought ahead and figured too that if the sun wasn’t up yet the bright lights would do a better job of concealing their license plate’s numbers. However, this is just a guest.

Last edited:
I agree, such a pattern could well suggest an angry neighbor, but I also think the totality has a few detractors from the murder being a neighbor:

- The perpetrator(s) seemed to need to confirm where the victim lived via driving by the night before. A neighbor would probably not need to do that.

- Apparently, nobody has recognized the perpetrator(s) in even general terms. For example: I "know" (never seen) a night shift neighbor whose truck has a lot of "empties" in the bed and sometimes around it. If that truck "disappeared" following a fatal hit and run in the area featuring a blurry truck image, I would call it in.

- "No build" up regarding a possible noise or garage sale motive: "Angry Annie" is known to tear down garage sale signs, call in complaints regularly, "advise" residents that they are not worth it, "reminded" victim of city ordinances etc.

- Though anybody can get enraged about anything, the victim was not say going for "over load" and running a second hand store from her home via holding large "garage sales" weekly.

- The perpetrator would have apparently talked a second person into participating in what would be an impulsive rage murder. As the olde pirate / outlaw / biker saying goes.... "Three can keep a secret- if two are dead".

Excellent thoughts @FromGermany1, much like so many posts here. I've wondered the same... asked myself why was it so important to have an unadvertised garage sale prior to the trip, and then to find out that the money wasn't really needed for the trip. Liz was a planner and the trip was already paid for and all the other expenses taken care of that go along with trip expenses. Did someone talk her into having the garage sale?

I've also asked who didn't want Liz to go on the trip? Who didn't want her to celebrate a 5-year anniversary?

Or did any of this even matter? Maybe the garage sale was an opportunity to have access of Liz - who knew she would be out there on the driveway all by herself?

Part of me does wonder if Liz’s assailant picked that day because they somehow knew that either Sergio would leave earlier than usual and before and thus they had a window of opportunity to shoot her without Sergio running out the house and interrupting them or they somehow knew she would be alone that day because she, and she alone, was hosting the yard sale?

P.S. Perhaps, @skoogmagoo , the murder arose from
something Elizabeth Barraza did (or something the
killer thought she did
) when she was at High School
or University, or (as I understand) working at that
H.O.A. - the killer seemed to feel the need to give a
short explanation for the shooting, so I assume the killer
said something that took about as long to say as like
' do you remember back when you did 'X' that caused
'Y' to happen to 'Z'? '.
The motive remains elusive. But I feel, that the motive was personal and emotional - though I cannot put my finger on the reason I feel this. No real reason at all. But it feels like it could be an old grudge that has to do with "taking someones love" or hurting someones pride or something among these lines. A lot of hate building up.

Was the anniversary a coincidence or part of the reason for the timing?
Was the garage sale a coincidence or part of the reason for the timing?
Was the earlier odd burglary a coincidence or part of something?
Why the increased google searches?

So many questions. There will be answers one day.

I just published a podcast episode about Liz's case. I spoke to true crime rock star Paul Holes about the case because I wanted to get his take on it, and he told me that he actually has worked on an episode of an upcoming tv show about the case and one nugget he gave me was that he had looked into a gunshot being fired into Liz's place of employment not long before she was killed. I had not heard that, has anyone else, or have more info?

I just published a podcast episode about Liz's case. I spoke to true crime rock star Paul Holes about the case because I wanted to get his take on it, and he told me that he actually has worked on an episode of an upcoming tv show about the case and one nugget he gave me was that he had looked into a gunshot being fired into Liz's place of employment not long before she was killed. I had not heard that, has anyone else, or have more info?
Woah Morf, never heard that. Very interesting. Wish he would've divulged more info on the employment gunshot

What about the Nissan truck being stopped. “The person had a reason to be in the area.“ That dismissed them….why?
Left field.... someone in work attire headed to work, boxes checked. Could there be a delivery person who became obsessed.... a regular on the route... in heavy disguise but made him/herself known to E before firing...

Left, stripped out of costume, with uniform below, sped past the house and exited, literally en route to work... at work all day, punched in, punched out, no one any the wiser... that hour of the day because it was Before Work...

Ever since that beautiful little girl was killed by a delivery driver, sadly I don't see them the same. But they are the landscape of consumer America, the big names. They blend in. They're on every block, come right up to every door. They have a reason to be...there, in every neighborhood... affording a kind of blind invisibility.... (They also get a birdseye glimpse into people's habits, what they buy sometimes, how often they buy it, and seem like safe people to chat a minute with -- a million decent delivery people out there but it is an avenue -- someone she scarcely knew who might've had an unhealthy secret attachment....

And just because it could have been personal for the shooter doesn't mean E was even aware.

Jmo

asked myself why was it so important to have an unadvertised garage sale prior to the trip, and then to find out that the money wasn't really needed for the trip. Liz was a planner and the trip was already paid for and all the other expenses taken care of that go along with trip expenses. Did someone talk her into having the garage sale?

Revisiting the "OB" pet theory, as it addresses the reason for the garage sale as well as any I've heard. All MOO, and we've chatted about this before, but for any who haven't spun through this angle: suppose Liz is angry at OB for bounced paychecks leading right up to trip, and has an altercation with OB about the same.. (as is alleged to have occurred).

From there, she has this garage sale for two reasons : 1. She and Sergio don't have as much spending cash as they planned because of the bounced checks, and 2. This garage sale is Liz's way to give "OB" the middle finger for impacting their anniversary trip due to his indiscretions. (Look what we need to do because you're so irresponsible!). I don't think she really expected to make that much money at this yard sale, so her motives for me lean more toward point 2 than point 1.

Point 2 explains why advertising wasn't important, because really only one person needed to know about it to fulfill that grudge. (And we understand OB is one of the handful of people that did know about it).

All MOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members