TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s so strange to me that the investigators would tell EB’s parents that they will be devastated when they find out who is going to arrested or however it was said. I would want to know IMMEDIATELY who they are referring to. I really don’t like that they said that to them.

If they did they must KNOW who did it and just waiting for more evidence.

Maybe $250,000 would be huge to most along with other equities and assets.
According to Sergio his dad might have seen this small insurance policy as a means to fix his financials problems; naming his Father and the motive on (Paula Zahn).

“Dr. X build your creature…” I should link this quote reference but it’s not approved.

Well, people have killed for far less, so yes, it's possible. Who NEEDS that money?
Who has asked SB for that money?

Not that I am aware of. I am not sure what her job responsibilities were. Imo, I bet LB was very good at doing her work and got along well with others.

However, even though others reported she had no enemies - someone did not want LB to live another day.

If there is a mastermind, if someone directed another person to kill LB, they (killer) best turn themselves in, and end this now, turn in the mastermind.

moo

Enemies, especially today, is a really tricky subject.

Just think, the sweetest and kindest person you know is the villian in someone else's story.

Heck, I am positive I am the villain in someone's story (probably several someone's).

There is one particular person I have been able to connect some dots with, that may have had a disdain for Liz.

I have wondered before if something happened, and Liz appeared to be the cause of it (but maybe was not) and this person could not be convinced otherwise that Liz was not responsible. I don't have specific reason to believe this, but its a logical possibility IMO.

I do have decent reason to suspect that the person I think did this was perceived to be threatened by Liz for a status or position in the 501st Legion. I picture a scenario where there is a disagreement among certain factions, and many sympathize with Liz's thoughts or perspective. Liz may not even be campaigning for this attention or responsibility, but may have gathered a large backing for her personality and other admirable traits. This may have sent the person who shot her into a frenzy, losing their position and influence over something that is basically their entire life and personality.

Was there anything sensitive about her data reporting work? Anything that someone would benefit from her not revealing?
Not by any means my top thoughts on the motivation. Just wondering if any previous discussions about the workplace got anywhere or were immediately satisfied, as in with a big no if her work/workplace was usually pretty mundane.
Highly unlikely any sensitive data that only Liz would be privy to. Usually in this industry an analyst is in putting Data and running a proprietary program for the analysis which is then passed on to an engineer etc. for review.
Not that I am aware of. I am not sure what her job responsibilities were. Imo, I bet LB was very good at doing her work and got along well with others.
According to Sergio in this interview linked (go to #20 under new stories). Links to Press and Media

Liz had a simple little job.

Im sure it wasn’t that simple though.

Her mother said Liz was very contentious and called in the day off and Liz wanted to do well at her job.
Mike morford pod source…

Last edited:
I’ve posted about this previously and will repost:

There was two prior attempts to kill Liz:

1. The third floor apartment she and S lived at prior to purchasing home was broken into. Curious if LB alone at the time of break-in?
  2. A gunshot being fired into LB’s workplace not long before she was murdered. Curious if this incident showed her as the target at that time?
  3. And finally, Liz is alone on her driveway setting up for a garage sale, and is shot dead in cold-blood.

Who wanted Liz dead?

Moo
Was Liz married to Sergio at the times of these three incidents do you know?

UPDATE: I posted earlier about a new interview live tonight on local news.

There are actually two. BOTH AT 10. If you can watch local. I am sure both will be uploaded here after they are on the station's web pages.

KTRK Channel 13 ABC airing a new interview with Sergio about the case. Corley Peel interviewing.

KPRC Channel 2 NBC, Jessica Wiley will be interviewing on Channel 2.

UPDATE: I posted earlier about a new interview live tonight on local news.

There are actually two. BOTH AT 10. If you can watch local. I am sure both will be uploaded here after they are on the station's web pages.

KTRK Channel 13 ABC airing a new interview with Sergio about the case. Corley Peel interviewing.

KPRC Channel 2 NBC, Jessica Wiley will be interviewing on Channel 2.
Interesting that there will be two interviews at the same time.

ETA: I think it's a good sign SB is continuing to interview. I find it disheartening in the Missy Bevers case that her husband wants to hang up the towel thought I can imagine it takes a toll.

I am very impressed! But that's a lot of work don't you think to go through when flat soled boot would suffice?
Anything at this point is possible though especially if the shooter was into costumes, and cosplay.

The person resembles a woman and we all suspect it was a woman. But what if it is a lithe man who impersonates women well? Then go-go boots would be such a plus! And also they add height, don't they?

Height might be a determinant, especially if it is a man or a teenager.

Interesting that there will be two interviews at the same time.

ETA: I think it's a good sign SB is continuing to interview. I find it disheartening in the Missy Bevers case that her husband wants to hang up the towel thought I can imagine it takes a toll.
I think the biggest difference is that Sergio and Liz did not have children (not knocking Liz for this or anything), and Brandon and Missy had teenage daughters.

I don't think Brandon was involved in Missy's death, and it must have been a total shellshock to hear his wife was murdered while he was on a fishing trip, and BAM now he's a single dad of two teen girls. I think he also does not want them to relive painful memories and confusion of their sudden loss.

I don't think Sergio was involved in Liz's death, but I think he knows who was responsible. I also think Brandon has a really good idea of who was responsible for Missy's death, but is conflicted on taking action with his suspicions.

I strongly believe Liz's killer was an well known acquaintance of Liz and Sergio (and I believe I know who that person is likely to be) <modsnip: Off topic. This is not the Missy Bevers thread>

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve posted about this previously and will repost:

There was two prior attempts to kill Liz:

1. The third floor apartment she and S lived at prior to purchasing home was broken into. Curious if LB alone at the time of break-in?
  2. A gunshot being fired into LB’s workplace not long before she was murdered. Curious if this incident showed her as the target at that time?
  3. And finally, Liz is alone on her driveway setting up for a garage sale, and is shot dead in cold-blood.

Who wanted Liz dead?

Moo

Whoever it was, the person was persistent! Probably a very poor planner to start with, but learned with time.

The person resembles a woman and we all suspect it was a woman. But what if it is a lithe man who impersonates women well? Then go-go boots would be such a plus! And also they add height, don't they?

Height might be a determinant, especially if it is a man or a teenager.

I've always thought it was a man dressed like a woman.
Really hope there's a breakthrough in this case soon.

Excellent coverage tonight by both networks. Best news reported by KPRC Channel 2 News.

DETECTIVES BELIEVE THEY ARE CLOSE TO SOLVING THIS MURDER, new evidence gathered

3 Agencies assisting: FBI, TEXAS RANGERS & TEXAS ANTI GANG UNIT

Interesting....

At the moment, I stick to my strongest suspicion of who I think did this. A specific mother in the 501st Legion who knew Liz very well, has long dark hair, and is known to wear wigs.

However, I must admit that I thought the shooter's attire (specifically how tall the boots are and how at some angles the coat looks like it could be mink) reminds me a bit of a stripper, which then reminded me a bit of some of the outfits the female characters would wear in The Purge.

3 Agencies assisting: FBI, TEXAS RANGERS & TEXAS ANTI GANG UNIT
Bolded by me.
I wonder how does the anti gang unit relate here. I see several options.
I am not familiar with them: what do they usually do and what kind of cases are they involved in (or are they for example involved in pretty much all higher profile cases that need more resources)?

Bolded by me.
I wonder how does the anti gang unit relate here. I see several options.
I am not familiar with them: what do they usually do and what kind of cases are they involved in (or are they for example involved in pretty much all higher profile cases that need more resources)?
I wondered the same thing.

Is this standard for all cases or specific to this?

You know though, now I wonder.

I am no gang-related murder expert by any means, but I find it unlikely a specific person would be targeted for gang initiation, especially someone in Liz's demographic and living area etc.

I also find it highly unlikely a gang related killing would have the truck spotted as early as 2am.

BUT, this thought just occurred to me too.

If it was gang related, wouldn't there be a higher chance of Liz being shot at FROM the vehicle? Drive-by style?

If it was not gang related, why didn't the shooter do that either? Was there a reason they did not want to shoot towards the house when they were shooting Liz, and made sure to shoot her facing parallel to the house?

It was a shooting that shocked most Houstonians. Not only was it bizarre, but it seemed to be random.

1702041477581.png
11:45 PM · Dec 7, 2023

TOMBALL, Texas – It was a shooting that shocked most Houstonians. Not only was it bizarre, but it seemed to be random.

It was Jan. 25, 2019, when a woman was gunned down while setting up for a garage sale at her home in northwest Harris County.

The incident left deputies, neighbors, and investigators puzzled. And the most shocking part -- the entire shooting was captured on surveillance video.

But, almost five years later, there are still no arrests, motives, or potential leads.

So what happened on the morning of Jan. 25? Let’s walk through the events from that day up until now:

Complete timeline at link...

Nearly 5 years later and no suspect: A timeline of the Tomball woman killed while setting up for garage sale
Updated: December 7, 2023 at 10:20 PM

Leaving here a few links about TX anti gang unit.

TOMBALL, Texas (KTRK) -- New video shows the emotional moments after Elizabeth "Liz" Barraza was gunned down in her Tomball-area driveway as she was setting up for a garage sale nearly five years ago.

Her case is one of Harris County's most puzzling unsolved murders.

"Oh my god, dude. This is crazy," Sergio Barraza, Liz's husband, said on the video.

It was his heartbreaking reaction within minutes of learning Liz had been shot.

"So they just (expletive) shot her and left?" he asked the officer.

The new video was recently posted on a YouTube channel created in mid-November and is not affiliated with law enforcement. It comes from the in-car cameras of a Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office patrol unit. ABC13 has verified its authenticity.

Full article and 3 + minute video at link...

Thursday, December 7, 2023 11:29PM

@abc13houston

New video shows raw moments shortly after Tomball woman killed in her driveway nearly 5 years ago

1702042948260.png
8:40 AM · Dec 8, 2023

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads