TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes of course the slayer rule would be in effect, that is why it is so confusing when Sergio says he has not touched it. He acts like he can. It is because he cannot. As we know LE finally said he is not cleared contrary to all the early podcasts etc that stated he was.it confuses me why he assumes it is available at all.
Good thing insurance companies record all calls.

interesting. So no children. And she had a life insurance policy the plot thickens.
I wonder how much? and was he aware of how much?

interesting. So no children. And she had a life insurance policy the plot thickens.
I wonder how much? and was he aware of how much?
$250,000 which doubled to $500,000 since her death was an accidental (no fault of her own)…
Her employer is known for their good benefits.

Im sure with Liz being described as a “planner” by her mother she also opted into the companies 401k program and would likely have quite a bit in that account. That would go to whomever she designated and would likely have been paid out to them.

Back to insurance..on Paula Zahn detective Ritchie said Sergio knew about it but was misleading about the amount. Sergio said a small policy.

$250,000 which doubled to $500,000 since her death was an accidental (no fault of her own)…
Her employer is known for their good benefits.

Im sure with Liz being described as a “planner” by her mother she also opted into the companies 401k program and would likely have quite a bit in that account. That would go to whomever she designated and would likely have been paid out to them.

Back to insurance..on Paula Zahn detective Ritchie said Sergio knew about it but was misleading about the amount. Sergio said a small policy.

Maybe 500k to S is small? Maybe he had hoped for several million. Maybe he thought it was for much more.

Maybe 500k to S is small? Maybe he had hoped for several million. Maybe he thought it was for much more.
Maybe $250,000 would be huge to most along with other equities and assets.
According to Sergio his dad might have seen this small insurance policy as a means to fix his financials problems; naming his Father and the motive on (Paula Zahn).

<modsnip: If you can't link it, don't mention it.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if posted

A new interview will air LIVE tonight 10PM on local KPRC 2

An interview with the Detectives, Bob, Rosemary, and Sergio.

Local news. KPRC 2+ is an app you can download on your television by searching “KPRC” on your ROKU, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, or Google TV. I think you can also see it on their website, www.click2houston.com

This is mainly FYI to locals, the station may not have it on their web until tomorrow.

Not sure if posted

A new interview will air LIVE tonight 10PM on local KPRC 2

An interview with the Detectives, Bob, Rosemary, and Sergio.

Local news. KPRC 2+ is an app you can download on your television by searching “KPRC” on your ROKU, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, or Google TV. I think you can also see it on their website, www.click2houston.com

This is mainly FYI to locals, the station may not have it on their web until tomorrow.
Thank you, @Duper's Delight for the heads up. I wasn't aware of the new interview and will need to figure a way to view. :) Not that it matters, but do you know if the interview is w/Grace White? TIA

I’ve posted about this previously and will repost:

There was two prior attempts to kill Liz:

1. The third floor apartment she and S lived at prior to purchasing home was broken into. Curious if LB alone at the time of break-in?
  2. A gunshot being fired into LB’s workplace not long before she was murdered. Curious if this incident showed her as the target at that time?
  3. And finally, Liz is alone on her driveway setting up for a garage sale, and is shot dead in cold-blood.

Who wanted Liz dead?

Moo

It’s so strange to me that the investigators would tell EB’s parents that they will be devastated when they find out who is going to arrested or however it was said. I would want to know IMMEDIATELY who they are referring to. I really don’t like that they said that to them.

1. The third floor apartment she and S lived at prior to purchasing home was broken into. Curious if LB alone at the time of break-in?
  2. A gunshot being fired into LB’s workplace not long before she was murdered. Curious if this incident showed her as the target at that time?
  3. And finally, Liz is alone on her driveway setting up for a garage sale, and is shot dead in cold-blood.

Who wanted Liz dead?

Moo
Third floor apartment….that’s interesting. Not the first choice for a random robbery. Wonder what the security cameras (if any) caught. Wonder what was taken? Was the shot fired at The Rosen Group?

It’s so strange to me that the investigators would tell EB’s parents that they will be devastated when they find out who is going to arrested or however it was said.
I think there is a game of telephone going on with this remark. It is really hard to imagine that a real life professional police would say something quite so melodramatic.

I suspect it was either a more general statement (that when they do find out, it is going to be a very complicated storm of emotions and more questions, not just "closure") or meant something else completely or if such "hints" were really thrown at them then I tend to think it was something said by some TV show crew or youtuber or someone like that.

I do not think this person is wearing a wig, and I believe it is a woman. I believe this woman is a mother, and is in the 501st Legion. She has long, black hair.

I also do not think a man would go through the trouble of finding women's boots their size to take out the attack.

I would like to note that in nearly every unsolved case where the perpetrator is seen on video, with any type of concealment, always has speculation to the persons gender.

Missy Bevers with the full SWAT gear perp, the Florence Salon Murders with the Jeepers Creepers type outfit, Aliza Sherman's killer was fully concealed in a black getup, the person seen on footage in the Jennifer Keese case with the painting suit on but just happens to have their face concealed in the frame.

Notably, these unknown killers are speculated to be a man or a woman depending on the perception of who is watching the footage.

Also, most noteworthy to me, the victims where always women. I have yet to see a case with a murders concealed identity where a man was the victim and the perps gender was debated for male or female.
Do you think, the woman has dyed black hair (as in certain scenes/clubs often seen) or real black hair?

Did they know there weren't any great surveillance cameras at the school?
Would you assume the cameras weren't that great? Either BRAZEN and BOLD and/or incredibly STUPID
It’s a possibility. From my memory way back I believe the Goddard School had recently switched management.

This caught my attention early on. My source was mainly the Goddard School fb page (if I’m reading ws rules right, I am able to direct u there… but not link). I know they were open at time…

I was also hopeful the noted: cams not working at Goddard school by the pct 4 Constables report was looked into again by a pct 4 Detective following up. There’s a difference with the constables noting that rather than the agency which took over the investiga
I think there is a game of telephone going on with this remark. It is really hard to imagine that a real life professional police would say something quite so melodramatic.

I suspect it was either a more general statement (that when they do find out, it is going to be a very complicated storm of emotions and more questions, not just "closure") or meant something else completely or if such "hints" were really thrown at them then I tend to think it was something said by some TV show crew or youtuber or someone like that.
Take a listen. It is directly from her parents on the Mike Morford podcast.

I took it as they did; meaning it would be someone very close to them.

Under pods #2

Who wanted Liz dead?

Moo
Was there anything sensitive about her data reporting work? Anything that someone would benefit from her not revealing?
Not by any means my top thoughts on the motivation. Just wondering if any previous discussions about the workplace got anywhere or were immediately satisfied, as in with a big no if her work/workplace was usually pretty mundane.

Who wanted Liz dead?

Moo
Thank you for bringing these up. They are not talked about enough in my opinion and too weird to be a coincidence. If one of these happened without the other I’d chalk it up to coincidence. But both happening, them mentioning how cautious and careful she was…idk I am suspicious. I wish we had more information about these incidents but I’m sure the police are keeping that close to the chest as they also agree it’s related. Idk. Just thinking out loud.

3. And finally, Liz is alone on her driveway setting up for a garage sale, and is
I’m curious too. 1 and 2 are not definite facts at murder attempts unless I’ve missed something which is highly possible. I’ve heard a little about both and it does make you wonder; did more come out?

Edited: to tag @morf13 regarding anymore details about gunshot at workplace

Last edited:

Who wanted Liz dead?

Moo
Responding to my own post. I probably should've been more general and clarify that it appeared to me (moo) that these incidents may have been prior attempts to kill Liz. moo

Last edited:
Third floor apartment….that’s interesting. Not the first choice for a random robbery. Wonder what the security cameras (if any) caught. Wonder what was taken? Was the shot fired at The Rosen Group?

Third floor location, is interesting... why the 3rd floor when the 1st floor is easier access - why the 3rd fl unless you're interested in something else? Not much is said about the break-in by Liz's parents, though there's a video where they talk about it.

The gunshot being fired into Liz's workplace is mentioned at WS linked below, but there's no mention of whether it was at Rosen Group.

moo

Last edited:
Was there anything sensitive about her data reporting work? Anything that someone would benefit from her not revealing?
Not by any means my top thoughts on the motivation. Just wondering if any previous discussions about the workplace got anywhere or were immediately satisfied, as in with a big no if her work/workplace was usually pretty mundane.
Not that I am aware of. I am not sure what her job responsibilities were. Imo, I bet LB was very good at doing her work and got along well with others.

However, even though others reported she had no enemies - someone did not want LB to live another day.

If there is a mastermind, if someone directed another person to kill LB, they (killer) best turn themselves in, and end this now, turn in the mastermind.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members