TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morf13, I didn't live in the Houston area, but I'm very familiar with Texas and I agree 100% that, while Texas is "truck country" (on steroids)..... "the fact that a Black Nissan truck matching the killer's was in the immediate area at the time of the murder is interesting". To say the least.

Morf13, I didn't live in the Houston area, but I'm very familiar with Texas and I agree 100% that, while Texas is "truck country" (on steroids)..... "the fact that a Black Nissan truck matching the killer's was in the immediate area at the time of the murder is interesting". To say the least.
Agreed!

This is not the first time I've talked about the truck (Nissan used to commit the crime) or about a truck that was pulled over shortly after the crime occurred. Yes, I am a broken record. My belief is that the truck (Nissan) is key to solving this case.

A be on the lookout (BOLO) was issued, a truck was pulled over, but then nothing more, the driver is let go? Why? Were there two different LE agencies handling this case? Miscommunication between LE? Nothing about the vehicle or in the vehicle or about the driver gave any red flags? Were items dropped off? Was an accomplice dropped off too prior to being pulled over?

How is a BOLO placed within minutes of a homicide, a truck apparently matching the description of the vehicle involved in the murder of Liz and that's it, nothing? Probably no probable cause to search?-- moo

-- Transcript below, no grammar corrections were made. Correct street spelling is Kuykendahl.
-- Linked Arrin Stoner video

timestamp 55:55
liz's killers should have been headed southbound on kaikendal at around 7am
no later than 701 am depending on which exit they took so even with this bolo being placed so
quickly at 705 am liz's killers still had a four to five minute head start on law enforcement
within that four to five minutes there are several roads liz's killers could have taken off kaikendal road south a
few of these roads are extremely rural making it easy for liz's killers to pull off the road and conceal the truck or
take side roads to their destination all while avoiding cameras

now this is the portion of the dispatch log where there is some confusion there is an entry at 7 1008 am
that states black nissan southbound kaikendal if i'm reading this right then this
means that an officer located a black nissan heading southbound on kaikandal road
however it does not state what model this black nissan is unfortunately when these documents were
released law enforcement blacked out portions of this document adding to the confusion

the next entry at 7 10 42 am states kaikendal slash fm 2920 westbound
fm 2920 stands for farm to market road which is a road that runs east to west
and intersects with kaikendal road on this google map i have circled where
kaikendal and fm 2920 intersect and the star marks the location of the
bahraz's home [Music] this entry continues the narrative that
a responding officer had located a black nissan heading southbound on kaikandal
road and that they were in pursuit of this vehicle as it turned westbound onto farm to market road
[Music]

the next entry at 7-1105 states hasn’t
initiated traffic stop yet this entry makes it seem as though this responding officer was indeed behind a
black nissan and had not yet pulled them over the next entry states 6225
fm 2920 on the south side of 2920 in this entry the officer is giving the
address where they pulled the black nissan over which is this location on screen now
(timestamp 58:39)

after this entry there is no more mention of the black nissan in this log in a separate document that was released
the vin for this black nissan that was pulled over has been blacked out making it impossible to determine the model of
the vehicle it's probable that the officer saw a black nissan and pulled it over

Totally agree. From early on in this case, I have wondered about the truck that was stopped. My gut says it's the key & I do wonder if a murderer walked that day because of it. I wish LE would revisit any info they have about the stop. Imo.

The transcript is directly from the creator (Arrin Stoner) via the YT video.
I was referring to it's legitimacy in terms of being the actual police transcript and not a transcript made by someone listening to a scanner. When this document originally appeared there was a question what the actual source was. I apologize if its already been linked somewhere I just don't remember if it was.

I would like to see it's provenance because as many have said- what a freaky coincidence if that is actually true.

If the officer ran their plate, then the record of that stop exists.

The truck driver was let go because he/she "had a reason to be there". Okey-dokey, then.
Delphi. Initial tip, lost.

JaymeC, LE met the abductor's car as they sped to the crime scene. He pulled over to let them pass. It was their best tip. Or would have been. But they missed it. Filed away mentally as kidnappers aren't going to be courteous or some such.

It's hard to overcome subconscious bias.

I think that traffic stop may absolutely be key to this case. "Had a reason to be there". Someone on their way to work. Mom, with a baby or toddler in the car. Delivery person. Checked out, deemed credible, milquetoast.

Obviously I don't know who that was so I make no accusation personally. I'm just saying that situation is exactly the kind that needs serious revisiting.

Maybe the get-up was a disguise. Beneath it, who would you believe? A nurse, a school teacher, soccer mom -- instant clout.

Had a reason to be there.

Maybe that person had TWO reasons to be there.

JMO

Delphi. Initial tip, lost.

JaymeC, LE met the abductor's car as they sped to the crime scene. He pulled over to let them pass. It was their best tip. Or would have been. But they missed it. Filed away mentally as kidnappers aren't going to be courteous or some such.

It's hard to overcome subconscious bias.

I think that traffic stop may absolutely be key to this case. "Had a reason to be there". Someone on their way to work. Mom, with a baby or toddler in the car. Delivery person. Checked out, deemed credible, milquetoast.

Obviously I don't know who that was so I make no accusation personally. I'm just saying that situation is exactly the kind that needs serious revisiting.

Maybe the get-up was a disguise. Beneath it, who would you believe? A nurse, a school teacher, soccer mom -- instant clout.

Had a reason to be there.

Maybe that person had TWO reasons to be there.

JMO
Really, what are the odds two black Nissan Frontier's are in the same place at the same time? Because that has got to be statistically small.

Anecdotal, so feel free to skip: I never. Like never see Nissan Frontiers. We are a car/motorsports family so I notice vehicles. I own an F150, I see so many each time I drive it's almost comical. You know how Jeep people and VW people have their little "waves" to each other? I'd be waving to every 3rd or 4th car I drive by. lmao The rest of the truck people are in Chevy/GMC's or Dodge Rams. I see a few Tacoma's and Tundra's every now and then, but I NEVER see Frontiers. I can't express that enough. "Truck" people just don't buy them. Again, to see two black Nissan Frontiers at almost the same time would be some sort of statistical outlier, right?

Also to add to Megnut's list of people to believe, what about a cop?

Really, what are the odds two black Nissan Frontier's are in the same place at the same time? Because that has got to be statistically small.

Anecdotal, so feel free to skip: I never. Like never see Nissan Frontiers. We are a car/motorsports family so I notice vehicles. I own an F150, I see so many each time I drive it's almost comical. You know how Jeep people and VW people have their little "waves" to each other? I'd be waving to every 3rd or 4th car I drive by. lmao The rest of the truck people are in Chevy/GMC's or Dodge Rams. I see a few Tacoma's and Tundra's every now and then, but I NEVER see Frontiers. I can't express that enough. "Truck" people just don't buy them. Again, to see two black Nissan Frontiers at almost the same time would be some sort of statistical outlier, right?

Yes, two in the immediate vicinity...

Agree with your post, other than about LE.

However, thank you for sharing a well stated post on why there is no coincidence (my belief) in regards to the truck pulled over by LE. moo

Again, totally agree. I have always wondered if the Nissan driver is someone who might get a "professional courtesy" of not really being looked at/stopped long such as it being another cop, a firefighter, or an EMT. (My speculation only. MOO.)

I really, really wish an outside investigative group would go back to square one with this case and reexamine everything.

Charlotte, earlier in one of these threads we've actually seen a redacted version of the LE write-up of the stop, if I recall correctly. There are just so many posts on this case, though, I think it might be difficult to find. However, I did want to let you know that they is definitely a record of the stop, and the LE officer who made it.

Here's another! Magnetic job sign! Slap on, slap off. Legit or otherwise. "Carol's Hairstyling", "Lloyd's Plumbing & Heating", instant makeover.

Another, neighbor. Just a neighbor going to work.

I don't think the stop was verified in any real way, maybe the explanation passed muster, unchecked.

Neighbor who says s/he's just running late for work.

OT but I think Maddie McCann's abductor was flagged through the checkpoint. Because Maddie was concealed and her abductor (who I believe is CB) had his too-young girlfriend with him (who he used as cover IMO and who did not know the toddler was concealed in his hidden compartment). Got a pass because they were searching for a lone figure.... not a friendly father-daughter combo.

That's maybe how the black truck passed thru LE's fingers...

A child in the car would have skewed the optics! Who is going to commit murder with a kid in the car? Except what perfect cover....

Charlotte, earlier in one of these threads we've actually seen a redacted version of the LE write-up of the stop, if I recall correctly. There are just so many posts on this case, though, I think it might be difficult to find. However, I did want to let you know that they is definitely a record of the stop, and the LE officer who made it.
Bringing this forward from thread 3.

I love the KISS technique in all murders.

Keep It Simple Stupid.

Who wanted Liz dead
Who gained the most

No accident there was a clean motive clear persons IMO who feel safe until LE knocks on the door soon
And HOW did they know to approach the house just a couple of minutes after SB pulled out for work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member