GUILTY TX - Elizabeth Ennen, 15, Lubbock, 5 January 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi Sarx, glad you are back! What is your experience with a perpetrator having 2 sites? LE is looking on Elm street and also where the unidentified body is found. It's obvious by the arrest warrant that Salinas did not have time to dump the body near Shallowater that night. Do you think she was kept alive on Elm street for a time being and then killed?

Is there somewhere that I can read a little more information about the sites? It's not uncommon to kill someone in one spot and then move them to another. Sadly, it's not all that uncommon for this to take days to happen. With soil samples they should be able to determine how long a body was in the location. It has not been confirmed that it is her yet has it?

Is there somewhere that I can read a little more information about the sites? It's not uncommon to kill someone in one spot and then move them to another. Sadly, it's not all that uncommon for this to take days to happen. With soil samples they should be able to determine how long a body was in the location. It has not been confirmed that it is her yet has it?

I think LE has said there was no one else matching that description and there was a rumor that the man they arrested for the kidnapping led them there. Also, on NG last night, the aunt said that LE is pretty certain it is her and that they are giving it some time to let is sink with the mom, who has fallen apart, understandably. The links are all in the thread, in the previous pages - including about the two sites. One is closer to the hotel, the other would have been too far for him to drive that evening, considering they have him on video coming/going.

HTH.

No, not officially, but her mom's FB page pretty much says RIP to her daughter. I have to get off here for about 20 minutes or so. I will aggregate some links for you, so you can have a look in a few. Be back shortly..

Both sites can be viewed on google maps or earth.

The Elm street site is flat, with grassy/weedy fields. At the corner of E. 56 and Elm is an old warehouse for a local furniture store. It looks abandoned; however, there is a truck in front of the store when google did their drive-by. It's not a place, at the intersection that would hide a body. Lubbock doesn't naturally have trees, so they are fairly sparse in areas without housing around them.

The site where the body was found is a cotton farmer's land. There are some trees along the road down in a slight ditch. I imagine she was found there.

In most areas around Lubbock, the difference in elevation from the road to the field is less than two feet.

Police suspect body is missing Lubbock teen

SNIP...............

Stevens says there are no missing persons who "meet the description of the body we found" and the clothing on the body is "more than quite similar" to what the teen was wearing.

Police are obtaining a murder warrant for Humberto Maldonado Salinas Jr.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/7397076.html

Sad that the person(s) responsible for the facebook page "Find Elizabeth Ennen" have banned actual family members of the Ennen's.

I happen to see that a lot throughout the pages they are responsible for.

Her name is Karla Larsson. She bans anyone that disagrees with her. I was banned for posting an examiner article link. She doesn't like Isabella who is a crime reporter out of UT, so she won't allow examiner links, I guess.

Her name is Karla Larsson. She bans anyone that disagrees with her. I was banned for posting an examiner article link. She doesn't like Isabella who is a crime reporter out of UT, so she won't allow examiner links, I guess.

Sorry to hear that. From the outside looking in, major control issues going on there. Would scare me off from even being a member (if I was on fb).

lol, that was you you naughty girl!
yeah she's a funny one that one, she erased my news article and put it up herself hehe

Sorry to hear that. From the outside looking in, major control issues going on there. Would scare me off from even being a member (if I was on fb).

She does have major control issues. It's sad that someone advocating for children would ban family members from a site that was created for THEIR child. It's disgusting. It's suppose to be about finding the child, not power and control.

:(

Am I correct, that this woman saw the young girl and older man on the 17th? Yet Elizabeth has been missing since the 5th?? Or did she just not report it right away? And still not clear of what date the security videos from the hotel were taped... were they from the night/early a.m. when she went missing? And they did not look at the tapes until recently? Or it took them 2 weeks to ID Elizabeth and the suspect? (I did hear someone on NG say the tapes were grainy.)
I recall some lady calling in to NG last night, asking why this woman did not report this sighting earlier. So not clear on how long between the sighting and her reporting it. Sorry!

Dollar Store Sighting

Yes, Elizabeth went missing late night on the 4th/early morning on the 5th.

Yes, she says she saw them on the 17th.

This woman claims she saw Elizabeth was missing on the 18th, after seeing them on the 17th.

She says that she would "bet my life on it" that it was them she saw at the Dollar Store.

We do not know when, or even IF she called LE to report this sighting.

We have heard nothing about other witnesses or video at the store.

Motel Video

The video was from the night of the 4th/morning of the 5th when Elizabeth was taken.

They did not look at the tapes until the 22nd.

I don't believe there was any question who was in the video, because he was arrested very quickly.

Elizabeth was 15, not 13.
I'm guessing that police did not think anything happened at the hotel. She went there willingly to babysit, just did not return home. The father told E's mom that she might have run away with his son, so police declared her a runaway. There was no probable cause to get a warrant to view the tapes at that time and they can only go with what is told to them by the family.
Does this hotel have a security guard who regularly views the security tapes? Or do they only look at them if there has been an attempt of robbery or some other crime?

It doesn't matter what police thought, their job is to investigate. Not say "I think this girl ran away so I'm just not going to look into it."

Yes, the person who likely killed her told them she ran away. Precisely why when someone says a kid is a runaway and there is VIDEO to prove or disprove that, you look at that video.

I doubt the motel has guards.

I highly doubt it would have been a problem to look at the video on day 1. They had no more evidence on day 18, except that she was still missing. It sounds to me like the Carriage House was very cooperative.

There is no mention of getting a warrant to view the tapes. There is no mention of getting a warrant to seize the tapes. Even if they got one just to be safe before SEIZING the tapes, they still could have viewed them without one on the first day.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kcbd/News_Content/Humberto_Arrest_Warrant.pdf

The Carriage House Motel has security cameras in the hallways. Det J went to the Carriage to speak with the staff.

Det J recovered a video from the Carriage House surveillance camera.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T
Back