Still Missing TX - Erika Gaytan, 29, concert at El Paso County Coliseum, 13 July 2019 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Worked for me. As with many of the last visible posts of the missing, her July 11th is chilling.
It is. I hope she’s ok. The only thing I saw on her FB page that showed conflict was a car purchase gone wrong. It’s all in Spanish and the translation wasn’t that good, but she posted the guys picture who apparently sold her the car for everyone to see..,

Isn't it said that the last person to see someone who then goes missing, is the one that's involved in their disappearance? Taking an Uber/Lyft leaves a complete digital trail. Which would lead to interviewing the driver who actually picked her up. Obviously if there is no record of an Uber being called AND used, it becomes more apparent who is responsible.

Looks like all her Facebook posts after July 11 are not there anymore.

Last edited:
The area of Passmore is closed off between Jorge Road; and Flor Margarita as authorities continue the investigation.
Google Maps

Unidentified female body discovered in Socorro
The story is from June 9th, well before Erika's disappearance. Another body was found in the water in Socorro just yesterday, but it's a man:

Man's body found floating in water near park in Socorro

ETA: Apparently nine people drowned in El Paso area canals in this June alone:
June has been a deadly month for migrants crossing the border into Texas

Last edited:
Presumably if she had gotten into a lyft she would have made it home,or someplace traceable by now.
True. The fact that she's still missing eliminates a legitimate ride home. The focus of her date saying she took an Uber home is probably to direct suspicions onto a driver (and away from him). Always a possibility. We've have a case like that here recently where a fake Uber driver picked up and murdered a woman.

I hope the date is being thoroughly vetted too. JMO

We know that the police verified that Makenzie Lueck took a Lyft almost as soon as they told she was missing. After a week we would have heard from the police that Erika took an Uber and that the driver was verified. I don’t think that they have said anything about it so I doubt that is true. I think they haven’t said anything about the date or what he said about Uber to avoid spooking him.

Last night on an El Paso news website there were two stories of female bodies found but they both said developing story and I couldn’t tell if they were the same one. But one was the body in the canal. If that story was so old it is weird to me that it was front and center above the scroll line on their homepage last night.

Here was one dated yesterday:

El Paso Fire Department recovers a body in Socorro

But I think the canal one wasn’t on the front page, now that I go back and check. I think it was linked off the story I posted above.

How far is this from where she went missing?

ETA: more info on the body found. It was a male. Rest In Peace.

Man's body found floating in water near park in Socorro

There was an 18 year old girl found murdered in El Paso last week. No suspects. Hopefully they aren’t connected.

Isn't it said that the last person to see someone who then goes missing, is the one that's involved in their disappearance? Taking an Uber/Lyft leaves a complete digital trail. Which would lead to interviewing the driver who actually picked her up. Obviously if there is no record of an Uber being called AND used, it becomes more apparent who is responsible.

Looks like all her Facebook posts after July 11 are not there anymore.
Plus, it’s the typical excuse these guys give. Not that he’s guilty btw. They think they can just say they last saw her someplace and then think that’s a decent excuse. Do they not realize police will verify everything and that they have the resources to do so? I too wonder how well she knew him. A true gentleman would have seen that she arrived home safely. I feel women and especially women with children have to be extra careful when dating. Although a concert hardly seems like a weird date. It depends how well she knew him. Even that doesn’t matter sometimes. If he’s not cooperating that’s a huge red flag. Any decent, caring human being would be concerned and doing everything to help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayellekay
Back