Still Missing TX - Erika Gaytan, 29, concert at El Paso County Coliseum, 13 July 2019 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apparently the concert was a fundraiser for a local church:
Los Rieleros - La Maquinaria Norteña -Y- Polo Urias Concert - Destination El Paso | El Paso, Texas

Questions:

1. Someone mentioned that her facebook posts from after July 11 are all gone. Did she have any posts from after July 11? I know it was mentioned that she posted pictures of the concert to social media, but perhaps to instagram or snapchat or something? She has an old twitter account, but she doesn't tweet (erika andrea gaytan (@erikagaytan12) | Twitter)

2. *modsnip*

Last edited by a moderator:
Any word on where her phone last pinged? If she was taken somewhere by her date or an Uber/Lyft driver without being kidnapped from the start, wouldn't her phone indicate another location? The police would know where and when her phone was shut off. They also know if she called anyone after the concert.

1. Someone mentioned that her facebook posts from after July 11 are all gone. Did she have any posts from after July 11? I know it was mentioned that she posted pictures of the concert to social media, but perhaps to instagram or snapchat or something? She has an old twitter account, but she doesn't tweet (erika andrea gaytan (@erikagaytan12) | Twitter)

From Police searching for missing El Paso woman last seen at concert:

Friends of Gaytan said her last posts on Facebook were her going live showing the stage at the concert and posting a selfie in the bathroom.

Any word on where her phone last pinged? If she was taken somewhere by her date or an Uber/Lyft driver without being kidnapped from the start, wouldn't her phone indicate another location? The police would know where and when her phone was shut off. They also know if she called anyone after the concert.
And that's the usual way to call for Uber too, with an App from a phone.,

I found it a little strange that the father of her child only refers to the boy as "my son". He's her son, too.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/21/texas-mom-who-disappeared-after-concert-date-could-be-in-danger-cops/

To be fair, he also said that she asked him to “send me a picture of my son.” Some people just do that. I have a friend who refers to her kids as my son, my daughter, and my kids, even when she is talking to her husband who is their father. I admit it’s weird but I think it’s just a habit some people have.

This sure isn't getting the press like other cases. Remember how quickly they followed the cell phone of the "sugar baby" recently and solved the case so fast.I just don't get it.

I saw her story on one of the big 3 national evening news programs but can't recall which one. (And it may have been Saturday night's show since I watched on DVR.)

Fingers crossed that the other two will piggyback on the first one to carry the story (as they often do) and Erika will get more attention.

Erika Andrea Gaytan made several Facebook posts from the July 13 "El Reencuentro Norteno" concert at the El Paso County Coliseum, where she was last seen leaving late that night or early the next morning, investigators said.

Texas mom, 29, missing since concert is 'endangered,' police say
If you go to her Facebook page today those posts at the concert mentioned by MSM are not there. The last post is July 11, two days before she went missing. https://www.facebook.com/HermosaBebe

This sure isn't getting the press like other cases. Remember how quickly they followed the cell phone of the "sugar baby" recently and solved the case so fast.I just don't get it.

I think LE in that case was quiet in the beginning as is LE in this case so far. However, her friends were speaking up and contacting media and then held a PC and the case was being followed here and elsewhere with the SB thing coming up, so the news had a little bit to report on. LE then started holding PCs, etc., warrants were being served, her body found. It seems to depend largely on how open LE is, if there are searches to report on, friends speaking out, warrants being served, etc.

I often feel the same--why does one case not get the same attention as the next but then one also has to consider, I guess, that the news has to have something new to report and sadly, I don't think we see much independent investigative reporting any more either.

I hope this young mother is found safe but I tend to believe as probably most, that the chances do not look good.

HLN just had a short blip on the case but basically saying she is missing and from where--nothing new.

Jmo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayellekay
Back