GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are the odds they can stay on the lam? Frank Ahearn, a skip-tracer and the best-selling author of How to Disappear, gives them a week. "The reality of it is, first [the authorities] are going to find out they used their passports to get into the country where they went," Ahearn says. "They don't have the ability to stay off the grid. These are white, upper-middle class people. They don't know what it's like to be on the run. They're not going to stay in cheap hotels."

Couch and his mother face additional difficulty, Ahearn says, because of the volume of publicity the case has received. If they were to go to a tourist-friendly area they would quickly be recognized by someone who reads the news. In Mexico, they would stick out because they're white in non-tourist friendly areas. To have any chance at not getting caught, Ahearn suggests Couch would need to head to an Eastern European country, one where he could blend in, and his face would not be at the top of the news.

Even if Couch was smart enough to do that, he'd face another problem, Ahearn says. "[Couch] is not the average-looking guy, either. He is kinda distinct looking in his facial features," he adds.

A two-week head start won't be enough for someone like Couch, even with the family's large bank account. "At some point, they're going to need to get more cash, and that's probably coming from somebody familiar. When people go on the run, they typically break the law to get money or they get money from family or friends and that's what's going to happen with them if they run out of money. You can't use your credit cards."

People like Couch aren't comfortable enough in criminal or gray-market circles to quietly get their hands on the money one needs to remain a fugitive, Ahearn says.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/...han-affluenza-couch-wont-make-it-long-7865087

The Marshals Service could obtain a federal warrant accusing Couch of unlawful flight to avoid prosecution, said Danny Defenbaugh, a former FBI supervisor and founder of Defenbaugh and Associates, a Dallas-based security and consulting firm.

The warrant would allow federal authorities to notify agencies such as Interpol and countries with extradition treaties with the United States, Defenbaugh said.

Also, the State Department could put a hold on his passport, Defenbaugh said. That would be a red flag to officials in foreign countries that Couch is wanted in the U.S., Defenbaugh said.

To get such a warrant issued, there would have to be indications that the wanted person had crossed state lines and that the jurisdiction looking for the fugitive is willing to pay extradition costs, Defenbaugh said.

A Marshals Service spokesman said Friday night that there was no indication that such a warrant had been issued.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article50619610.html#storylink=cpy

Yet. This could be the next step depending on what turns up from examination of bank records, phone records, tips, etc.

G5CZiDu.jpg

[URL="http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2015/12/u-s-marshals-release-wanted-poster-for-affluenza-teen-ethan-couch-offer-5000-reward.html/“]Image Source[/URL]

When you're on probation, they don't confiscate your passport. They tell you you can't travel without permission, but they don't take away your forms of ID.

That seems so strange to me. Letting someone on probation have a passport is kind of like encouraging them to leave the country.

Why are we looking for them? Praise Jesus they are gone.

I see the poster yet when I go to the website I don't see where he is listed as wanted. I wonder if there is a difference in being wanted by us marshals then the us marshals saying he is wanted.

I have friends in South America (MANY) posting this flier on their facebook pages since it seems the most logical. I am going to get my European friends to post it to theirs too.

ETA... I am also going to get in contact with our corporate office. Just to get the word out worldwide.

So, we should be content with him (and his incubator) hurting others as long as it is not here? That is not how it works. Those families who lost their loved ones do not want to see others hurt by their actions. They belong in prison. I will PROUDLY pay my taxes for it.

"He is kinda distinct looking in his facial features," he adds"

Hmmm.m

In my opinion, he doesn't look distinctive at ALL, once you shave off that silly looking whispy beard and give him a normal haircut. Both haircuts look ridiculous - like rats have chewed his hair off. Take him to a supercuts, he could fit in anywhere where white people are common, IMHO.

Because this killed 4 people and injured 9 (seriously injuring 2). and now he broke violation with his probation. He deserves to be in prison, not free out on the streets where he can kill/injure more innocent people.

jmo

I feel somewhat encouraged this morning. I've been drinking coffee & surfing around on the TV. Nearly every national channel is showing this story on the news. Free publicity can't be beat. While a $5,000.00 reward may not seems like much it could be a huge incentive for someone like Mexican citizens, elderly people on fixed income, or college kids working to try & make enough money for tuition & books. We can only hope.

In my opinion, he doesn't look distinctive at ALL, once you shave off that silly looking whispy beard and give him a normal haircut. Both haircuts look ridiculous - like rats have chewed his hair off. Take him to a supercuts, he could fit in anywhere where white people are common, IMHO.

I agree.

He, unfortunately, does not have a distinct look. He could even dye his hair and fit in any where.

I think what will become problematic for him is $$$$$. Even if they did stash some money in an account (untraceable)... I don't see them living off of that for long. They will slip up somewhere. I give it less than three months to this date. I just hope no one else hurt in the meantime.

I see the poster yet when I go to the website I don't see where he is listed as wanted. I wonder if there is a difference in being wanted by us marshals then the us marshals saying he is wanted.

Likely the Authorities in Tarrant County, Fort Worth that issued the Warrant(when he violated his parole by not meeting with PO)asked the local US Marshals Office and FBI for assistance when that happens(in addition to it going National thru NCIC to all USA LE Agencies), it is now available to be included Globally as their resources reach more than just US proper.

Likely the Authorities in Tarrant County, Fort Worth that issued the Warrant(when he violated his parole by not meeting with PO)asked the local US Marshals Office and FBI for assistance when that happens(in addition to it going National thru NCIC to all USA LE Agencies), it is now available to be included Globally as their resources reach more than just US proper.
I think I read that it was the Tarrant Co. DA's office who requested the assistance of the U. S. Marshal's Service. To use an old southern saying, this case has been 'stuck in the craw' of the DA's office ever since that misguided judge sentenced Crouch to probation. They were just waiting for the kid to screw up again & sure enough, he didn't disappoint. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this guy would re-offend.

I think I read that it was the Tarrant Co. DA's office who requested the assistance of the U. S. Marshal's Service. To use an old southern saying, this case has been 'stuck in the craw' of the DA's office ever since that misguided judge sentenced Crouch to probation. They were just waiting for the kid to screw up again & sure enough, he didn't disappoint. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this guy would re-offend.

I've been there before too.

Judge let him walk and I had the perp back in front of the same Judge within 24 hrs. on the same charges. "Stuck in the Craw," that sums it up well. lol

Sadly, I spent more time in the Judge's chambers over that than the perp did in Court both times but he went to the big house the 2nd time.

I hope they find Ethan quickly so he can begin prison quickly.

I'm just wondering, after knowing that he killed four people while drunk, where did he find people to play beer pong with him.

I've been there before too.

Judge let him walk and I had the perp back in front of the same Judge within 24 hrs. on the same charges. "Stuck in the Craw," that sums it up well. lol

Sadly, I spent more time in the Judge's chambers over that than the perp did in Court both times but he went to the big house the 2nd time.

I hope they find Ethan quickly so he can begin prison quickly.
Amen and before he maims or kills anyone else.

I have a feeling they are having one last "hurrah" & then will return & act like they were just on vacation for the holidays & didn't know anyone was looking for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm