GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FOX 4 News
1 min ·
UPDATE: Ethan Couch's case has been transferred to the adult court. He'll stay in custody & the changes will take effect on his 19th birthday. http://bit.ly/1mM3kho

I think this will be the best thing that could have happened, if he's allowed regular access to prison facilities and educational/therapy/coping classes.

Remaining clean and sober until he's 19 will likely allow him time to mature a little and focus on his future.

FOX 4 News
1 min ·
UPDATE: Ethan Couch's case has been transferred to the adult court. He'll stay in custody & the changes will take effect on his 19th birthday. http://bit.ly/1mM3kho
:great::great::great::great::great::great::great:Thank goodness he is at least having to serve some jail time, not necessarily as much as he should but some is certainly better than nothing!!

:great::great::great::great::great::great::great:Thank goodness he is at least having to serve some jail time, not necessarily as much as he should but some is certainly better than nothing!!

Perhaps this good look at what it's like to have your freedom taken away from you and living in less than luxurious circumstances will give him the motivation to stay out of trouble.

If he cleans up his life and behavior, it probably won't be because he recognizes this is the right thing to do. More likely, it will be to avoid unpleasant consequences. But as far as the public safety is concerned, it doesn't really matter why he shapes up, just that he does.

Perhaps this good look at what it's like to have your freedom taken away from you and living in less than luxurious circumstances will give him the motivation to stay out of trouble.

If he cleans up his life and behavior, it probably won't be because he recognizes this is the right thing to do. More likely, it will be to avoid unpleasant consequences. But as far as the public safety is concerned, it doesn't really matter why he shapes up, just that he does.

I think probably a significant percentage of the human population functions this way. Only the threat of negative consequences motives them to behave civilly.

So apparently his birthday is April 11, less than 2 months away. I guess the court is in motion to decide how to proceed with probation terms.

Isolated or in a small group, EC, will be good, no distractions. When released to the world, there is to much influence, choices, noise, distractions, and mommy along with other temptations, EC will have the most difficult or impossible task in following his new court rules. Just locking him up for a few months is not enough. He needs a long term isolated lock up, by that I mean a good facility with only so many patients to a group, that learn how to process life, take responsibility and turn out to be good responsible citizens, with counselors and medical people...not some luxury place daddy can pay for, infact, it dhould be a place where patients have to work.

Oh he may realize he screwed up now in jail, but when released with no guidance and help, we will be hearing about EC again.

The other sad part, there are others out there that need the same help, but will not be offered it because their case did not hit the media. I bet some of those people would love the chance EC will get and they will not throw it away.

I would say that also being outside of the influence of his zany mom is making it real , too.

It is likely the first time that reality has ever touched his life. By the time most of us are teenagers we've hit a few speed bumps along the way & I don't mean jail. We have encountered difficulties like the deaths of close relatives, friends, classmates, beloved teachers & good friends moving to another location. For the last number of years we have children experiencing the deployment of their parents. We know that our life is not always just a bowl of cherries; there are a few lemons mixed in there too. Apparently Ethan never had to experience anything remotely unpleasant. Reality must certainly be a shock to his system.

It is likely the first time that reality has ever touched his life. By the time most of us are teenagers we've hit a few speed bumps along the way & I don't mean jail. We have encountered difficulties like the deaths of close relatives, friends, classmates, beloved teachers & good friends moving to another location. For the last number of years we have children experiencing the deployment of their parents. We know that our life is not always just a bowl of cherries; there are a few lemons mixed in there too. Apparently Ethan never had to experience anything remotely unpleasant. Reality must certainly be a shock to his system.

Well, except that he was basically abandoned by his parents and his mom moved out of his house -and left him there alone - to move back in with his father across town when he was 15. All this during a contentious passionate divorce and rekindle fiasco. I would count that as one big tire-bustin' speed bump.

I think the problem with making positive life changes under duress or because one has no other choice is that the individual has not come to this conclusion because they have an intrinsic motivation to better themselves.

Extrinsic motivation works often in the short term and occasionally can lead to long term change, but the most meaningful changes come about because the person WANTS to be better, sober, faithful, what have you.

IMO.

I will hope the best for this kid, because he is still so young and I hate to see anyone throw away opportunities. But I cannot help but think the die has been cast with this one.

Sent from my fingertips using what remains of my brain.

Well, except that he was basically abandoned by his parents and his mom moved out of his house -and left him there alone - to move back in with his father across town when he was 15. All this during a contentious passionate divorce and rekindle fiasco. I would count that as one big tire-bustin' speed bump.

I must have missed out on some pertinent information. I've never heard that he was abandoned by his parents. I thought he was living alone because that was what he wanted and heaven forbid that Ethan ever had to do something he didn't want.

I think probably a significant percentage of the human population functions this way. Only the threat of negative consequences motives them to behave civilly.

Yep.

It starts with, "If you don't clean up your room...
...I will put you in time out." -- or --
...I will not let you watch your favorite show today." -- or --
etc.

And it usually works! It worked on me!

I would like to encourage everyone to go to http://www.dallasnews.com & read the opinion blog on the first page on this case. I dare anyone to feel sorry for Ethan after seeing this video. Yes, I know some will blame the victim but this video is pretty powerful stuff. It will not link directly & rightfully so since we are not supposed to post opinion blogs.

I'm sure the same video will soon be available on nbcdfw.com. Their 5pm news has shown the same video of paralyzed victim, Sergio Moliena. Links generally become available after broadcast news.

Do you mean the 16 second video of him walking into the courtroom and a reporter asking him in serious dallas twang if he had anythang to saaayyyy?

I would like to encourage everyone to go to http://www.dallasnews.com & read the opinion blog on the first page on this case. I dare anyone to feel sorry for Ethan after seeing this video. Yes, I know some will blame the victim but this video is pretty powerful stuff. It will not link directly & rightfully so since we are not supposed to post opinion blogs.

Faw.....thank you for the link....after watching the video I could not handle reading the article/blog before typing this. Sergio deserves so much help - he is trapped inside his body due to the horrendous actions of this Couch family. I can hardly hold back the tears after watching the video. Alex is a caring and compassionate brother and I was so impressed with how he addressed the audience and the love he shows toward Sergio and his mom.........I need to find some tissue.

Good God I hope there is a account set up for Sergio & his loving family. They want him back so badly and they are all suffering from the actions of this little piece of trash EC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member