TX - Five Yates children drowned, Houston, 20 June 2001 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Susan is evil where Andrea is sick. Susan's kids were in her way of her new love. In the letter he wrote to her to break up he said something to the effect that he didn't want them.

NewMom2003 said:
For 9 long days Susan Smith insisted that a black man had taken her car and kidnapped her children. IMO, she was as sane the day she let Michael and Alex drown as the day she went on national tv telling the world how much it hurt her that people were starting to doubt her story. She's not mentally ill. She just a cold murdering b*tch that I have absolutely no pity for.
Kinda funny Andrea Yates is thought by some to know right from wrong because she did call the police and didn't try to hide what she did; but doing the opposite to me clearly indicates a knowledge of right and wrong.

I think Andrea knew what she did was illegal, but thought it was the right thing to do (that nonsense she was indoctrinated with about kids going to hell if she wasn't a perfect mother).

Susan Smith was completely different - she may have been depressed, but her motivation was sane - trying to keep her boyfriend she did something she knew was wrong. It was obvious in the way she tried to lie and get away with it. Insanity - they don't have that self preservation, selfishness. The other case I don't know anything about.

michelle said:
I am not either, yes there was a picture with that....I just cant understand how these moms do these things and can still live a life to where they want to meet people, i mean that is plain crazy....I am telling you i would DIE if i ever hurt my child that way or killed a child, they couldnt protect me from killing myself...I think in our normal minds we just cant fathom what these woman are going through that kill their kids...My cousin suffers from sever depression and i am worried because she is about to have twins and she has already had shock treatments done before this pregnancy she was in like a pyschosis, it reminded me of andrea yates, its really freaky....and she already has 2 little girls that she would let play outsied with nobody watching and they were like 5 and 2.....

So she'll have four young children? That would put a serious strain on someone already "unstable." Hopefully, her husband has some idea of what he's in for. I'll be praying for everything to work out for them.

I think that anyone who kills their babies are insane. IMO....

Jeana (DP) said:
So she'll have four young children? That would put a serious strain on someone already "unstable." Hopefully, her husband has some idea of what he's in for. I'll be praying for everything to work out for them.
yes it will be 4 and we are concerned but of course everyone is hush hush about it....you know these things are usually a "family matter"....blah blah, thats unfortunatly how many of these things happens when people see it and dont intervene...

michelle said:
yes it will be 4 and we are concerned but of course everyone is hush hush about it....you know these things are usually a "family matter"....blah blah, thats unfortunatly how many of these things happens when people see it and dont intervene...

Do you think she'll get her tubes tied now or will her husband wake up and put the brakes on the baby making?

Jeana (DP) said:
Do you think she'll get her tubes tied now or will her husband wake up and put the brakes on the baby making?
who knows i hope she gets them tied i worry that she will have a relapse or something....

Jeana (DP) said:
What if they deny it?
I dont know really, i just think murdering your child, something isnt right....Now diane downs i dont know about her shes a tough cookie to figure out. I think she was just evil and sinister......And as far as darlie routier goes, i cant figure out if shes guilty or not....Be easy on me thats just my opinion....:D

Jeana (DP) said:
From what I remember, she was of the mind that she was destroying them spiratually or something to that effect because she was a bad mother. She thought she had to kill them before their souls were evil. She didn't want to be stopped because that meant the kids going to hell. Now she is merely a danger to herself.
You are right Jeana.. I remember that as well.. however, she knew it was wrong one way or another... how can killing your children be right? I also believe her kids are in heaven with the Lord so she did accomplish what she set out to do... sad, however...

michelle said:
I dont know really, i just think murdering your child, something isnt right....Now diane downs i dont know about her shes a tough cookie to figure out. I think she was just evil and sinister......And as far as darlie routier goes, i cant figure out if shes guilty or not....Be easy on me thats just my opinion....:D

You KNEW exactly where I was headed. :angel:

michelle said:
Where is insanity - just believing there are harmless invisible blue pixies above everyone's head, killing another person (any other person), raping, pedophile, murdering others children, murdering your children....

Depends on how you define insanity I think.

But criminally insane - I think that's where you don't know right from wrong - you can think it is right to kill your children. I think that test Andrea passes and Suzanne Smith fails. A person who kills another person because they believe they are an evil space alien who will destroy the world is insane; a person who kills another person because they are annoying to them, and they think that's enough reason is not insane (criminally insane, anyway).

To me, insanity is where the world is not real, you can't see the real world. A narcissist sees the real world, just thinks that it all exists for them, so they kill because they don't think the other person is that important. A lunatic kills because they think these people are evil or attacking them or monsters or god tells them to or whatever.

PaperDoll said:
You are right Jeana.. I remember that as well.. however, she knew it was wrong one way or another... how can killing your children be right? I also believe her kids are in heaven with the Lord so she did accomplish what she set out to do... sad, however...

That's where the evil preacher comes into the picture. She was brainwashed to believe that she couldn't do what needed to be done for them on this earth, so she had to give them up to God. I guess if you honestly think that you're saving them from eternal damnation, killing them in order for them to go to Heaven would be the right thing to do. She really was getting it from all sides, IMO. You're right though. Its just so very sad.

PaperDoll said:
I don't think she thought it was wrong in any way. She knew people would try to stop her, but that doesn't make it wrong (in her mind). She thought if the kids were killed they'd go to heaven, if they weren't killed, they'd go to hell. It's nuts, but it's what she was being taught, what she believed. From that religious perspective, she made a 'rational' decision, even a self sacrificing one (condemning herself to hell to save the kids from that fate). She was insane and in that insane world she was doing the right thing.

Susan Smith was completely different - she may have been depressed, but her motivation was sane - trying to keep her boyfriend she did something she knew was wrong. It was obvious in the way she tried to lie and get away with it. Insanity - they don't have that self preservation, selfishness. The other case I don't know anything about.

I completely agree. She KNEW exactly what she was doing. And besides, I think depression is totally different than what Andrea has. She has some phycosis (sp?) IMO. Susan was depressed that a MAN didn't want her. She's selfish and a horrible person, IMO. If she didn't want her children she should have just given them to their daddy. I'm sure he would have been more then happy to have them. But again, she's too selfish to let anyone else raise her children. GRRRRR that woman just makes my blood boil, sorry.

michelle said:

It's an insane and atrocious act for sure, but I don't think all these woman that kill their children are truly "insane". They do it for all kinds of reasons. Money, men, selfishness ... you name it. They are not all insane as I believe AY to be. I have my doubts about that Tyler woman that was found not guilty by reason of insanity this week in the stoning deaths of her sons. I don't really know what to think of her.

Some people who murder their kids are just down right mean - bottomline!

I love websleuths its nice to be able to disagree and not fight.......I on the other habd think susan smith was mentally ill, she has a long history of sexual abuse against her her daddy killed himself he was mental and so on....but any way i dont know too much about andrea yates, but was she ill as a child??

NewMom2003 said:
It's an insane and atrocious act for sure, but I don't think all these woman that kill their children are truly "insane". They do it for all kinds of reasons. Money, men, selfishness ... you name it. They are not all insane as I believe AY to be. I have my doubts about that Tyler woman that was found not guilty by reason of insanity this week in the stoning deaths of her sons. I don't really know what to think of her.

I really dont know much about that either, but dang why did she have to stone them....man, what a horrific way to go those poor children, i mean i know drowning or any other way isnt horrific but that is crazy!!

Andrea Yates had the postpartum depression, made worse by her husband's refusal to follow doctors orders, and some medicine failings (she was taken abruptly off of meds she should have been gradually weaned off). It's quite a case - I'm sure there's a good link around here somewhere on it. It's pretty close to something where I'd just say that Russell Yates killed those kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee