TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes without saying IMO. I guess if you don't think she feared for her life, you think she did this on purpose just to murder someone?
No, I don't think she feared for her life. I think she was in an angry mood, in part related to the convo she had just had with her 'partner'. She knows the law and the Castile Doctrine, so she knew she could shoot him if he was in 'her' apt., so she did. No duty to retreat, so she didn't. She didn't fear for her life---she shot him out of anger because she perceived him as someone who had the nerve to break into 'her' apt---- she was a cop with a gun and she didn't have to tolerate that.

Oops---wrong apt.

Crime Analyst Says Increasing Amber Guyger's Manslaughter Charge To Murder Was Due To Public Outrage
the analyst says "it was normal" to shoot someone sitting on a couch eating ice cream! I think not and I am a gun owner! putting a bullet into another being is the last line of defense. She should've gone back out the door and called for help.

Side note- earlier in the thread it was discussed about wearing the uniform home. My coworker's husband is LEO and I asked her if he dresses for work at home or at the station. She says in the 18 years they've been together, he has always gotten dressed at work. He puts everything into his work backpack to go to and from work.

As much as we can not fathom it, at that exact moment she thought she was going into her apartment and there was a burglar. She did not set out to kill him or murder him. That was her perception at the time of the shooting.
any time you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger, you are setting out to kill them. That's what a gun is for.

Last edited:
the analyst says "it was normal" to shoot someone sitting on a couch eating ice cream! I think not and I am a gun owner! putting a bullet into another being is the last line of defense. She should've gone back out the door and called for help.

Side note- earlier in the thread it was discussed about wearing the uniform home. My coworker's husband is LEO and I asked her if he dresses for work at home or at the station. She says in the 18 years they've been together, he has always gotten dressed at work. He puts everything into his work backpack to go to and from work.
My son did the same, but he did it so no one would know he was a cop. Plus he didn't live 4 blocks from the station. He is a retired Dallas cop. It's a choice...

No, I no longer believe she went there to kill. But, I do believe she was angry not fearful. moo

edit for spelling
I don't think she was angry, I just don't think she used common sense nor her professional training in her response to the situation at hand. She chose the most lethal response without imo pausing to take in the situational facts.

oooo I couldnt watch yesterday! good to know!

Yes, the door opened because it wasn't fully latched, not because her key unlocked it. They showed that two screws in the latch were over-tightened, causing the strike plate to bow outward, making it difficult for the latch to click in place.

I know it's Daily Mail, but they had some of the video and photos of the door lock

Botham Jean's parents cower as body cam is played at Amber Guyger's trial | Daily Mail Online

I think this link has video of someone putting a key in the lock and the lights flashing

Botham Jean's parents cower as body cam is played at Amber Guyger's trial | Daily Mail Online

We know she went into his apartment and killed him. Those are undisputed facts. The question is why? Her explanation is unreasonable and defies all logic and common sense. So absent any mental defect or influence of mind altering substances, there's only one thing left. INTENT! She intended to do it. The circumstances prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

There's no way to go inside a person's head and see what their intent is. So we have to rely on the circumstances.

We know she went into his apartment and killed him. Those are undisputed facts. The question is why? Her explanation is unreasonable and defies all logic and common sense. So absent any mental defect or influence of mind altering substances, there's only one thing left. INTENT! She intended to do it. The circumstances prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

There's no way to go inside a person's head and see what their intent is. So we have to rely on the circumstances.
That's the bottom line right there ^

Yes, the door opened because it wasn't fully latched, not because her key unlocked it. They showed that two screws in the latch were over-tightened, causing the strike plate to bow outward, making it difficult for the latch to click in place.

I know it's Daily Mail, but they had some of the video and photos of the door lock

I think this link has video of someone putting a key in the lock and the lights flashing

Thank you for the link!! Red mat, Red blinking light...COME ON! she would make a terrible cop!

She already told the 911 operator why she shot him---because: ''I thought it was my apt'.........' x19.
I seriously wish you would listen to the 911 call again. She also says more than once she thought he was in her apartment. Actually that's also her last sentence. I don't know how anyone could her it and think this was intentional or the act of someone unremorseful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member