TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The State was pow! pow ! Just on a roll...IMO Showing the photos of other officers hugging AG down by the police car.
Pointed out how could you feel so alone? all your friends rushed there! You weren’t alone.
And how AG ducked in the car as they carried Bo’s body by her . How she ducks in the police car and starts texting!

The State called her out on (her little sweet voice she had been using all morning ) on that AG uses a much louder bravado when in cop mode!

I just want to say I love this judge.
I can tell she is truly fair.
She has openly shown concern for BOTH sides.

MOO
Bah!! I actually felt a little sorry for her when she first started testifying this morning. Now? Not so much.

Bah!! I actually felt a little sorry for her when she first stated testifying this morning. Now? Not so much.
I do feel really sorry for her. I can't imagine how horrible this is. Nevertheless, she still should spend time behind bars, should never be able to be even a security guard, let alone a police officer, never EVER own a gun again, and should pay dearly whatever paycheck she earns a big chunk to Mr. Jean's family.

The State was pow! pow ! Just on a roll...IMO Showing the photos of other officers hugging AG down by the police car.
Pointed out how could you feel so alone? all your friends rushed there! You weren’t alone.
And how AG ducked in the car as they carried Bo’s body by her . How she ducks in the police car and starts texting!

Gosh, and I saw this as silly. Everyone sure does see things through different glasses. :)

So the defense is bringing up witnesses about the door not closing on its own. I can't see that helping in the least at this point.
Because obviously since the door was not shut, and she thought it was hers, it gives her the absolute right to pull out her weapon and start blasting away. I will be surprised if she's held accountable.

I feel like there should be a disclaimer for anybody following this trial.

"While some people are Above The Law, unless you are employed as a police officer, mistakenly going to the wrong apartment and shooting the resident, will result in you going to jail for many years, and having a large legal bill. Do not attempt this on your own."

Bah!! I actually felt a little sorry for her when she first started testifying this morning. Now? Not so much.

She cried the hardest when they asked her why does she think she was fired !!!!So weird, defense argued (pre trial & both sides agreed ) to NOT bring up that she was fired.

I think all defenses eggs were /are/in the Ranger Armstrong basket.
I know he still has to be qualified.
Defense did not score today.
Possibly she should of not testified.
The State got her to say a ton of - yes I did-

MOO
Justice for Bo!

I feel like there should be a disclaimer for anybody following this trial.

"While some people are Above The Law, unless you are employed as a police officer, mistakenly going to the wrong apartment and shooting the resident, will result in you going to jail for many years, and having a large legal bill. Do not attempt this on your own."
Going to the wrong apt wasn't the problem.

Going IN when she heard someone in there, gun blazing, was the problem.

I agree. This I don't understand. Unless I am remembering incorrectly, hasn't that already been established?

The guy is describing how one time he accidentally walked into the wrong apartment when he got mixed up. For some reason he was able to open the door. Prosecution says it's irrelevant.

I suppose defense is trying to make it seem ordinary that a resident can actually get on the wrong floor, go to wrong apartment and be able to enter the wrong apartment.

Remind me to never rent an apartment there if so many doors don't lock.

Witness: "she looked scared" when he went into her apt by mistake. Wow, prosecution can seize on this witness' experience: "She looked scared? Imagine how Mr. Jean felt". "You mean you didn't take out your weapon and shoot her?" "Were you in fear for your life when she stood up?"

The guy is describing how one time he accidentally walked into the wrong apartment when he got mixed up. For some reason he was able to open the door. Prosecution says it's irrelevant.

I suppose defense is trying to make it seem ordinary that a resident can actually get on the wrong floor, go to wrong apartment and be able to enter the wrong apartment.

Remind me to never rent an apartment there if so many doors don't lock.

I think most people can understand it could happen at some point to random people. (Not necessarily actually going in, but getting mixed up. I don't think walking is going to truly be all that common.) BUT if shooting someone when it happens was reasonable, than more people would be dead. The gun ownership is off the charts here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3