Identified! Tx - Galveston, Hispmale 'little Jacob' Up17178, 3-5, Jayden Alexander Lopez, Oct'17 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but wonder if he could be the child of illegals, and thus they are afraid to report him missing?

I can't think of a case where that occurred.
We always hope it's something like that but it always ends up being worse...
Riley Ann. 10 years... hard to believe it's been 10 years. Well almost, on October 29th.

Poor wee boy. I wonder if they will create an image like they did for sweet Bella? I hope he has more people looking out for him than she did :(

Riley Ann. 10 years... hard to believe it's been 10 years. Well almost, on October 29th.
It has occured before. Baby Hope. 20 yrs to identify her. Uncle arrested.

It has occured before. Baby Hope. 20 yrs to identify her. Uncle arrested.

I wasn't thinking family abductions, more thinking "wandered off" or "stranger abducted" and not reported missing.
I don't recall any where a stranger abduction or lost child occurred and an innocent parent didn't report for fear of deportation.
We've seen several cases where kids were reported missing despite other legal concerns, including deportation.

Baby Hope was believed to be with her father or other family. I can understand the rationalizing that it wasn't worth the risk to report her missing. Especially since they were believed to be in Mexico.
I expect that if she had been abducted from the front yard or out of her bed by a stranger, she would have been reported missing.

Poor little one....my heart just breaks for him. They all really get to me, but my daughter and I were on that beach Friday morning not far from where it looks like he was found. I can't help wondering if the poor little guy was already there.

Possibly a child who was abducted as an infant. Will take time to check that, if he was reported missing 3 to 5 years ago.

Not another child please! I’m so saddened by what’s been happening more and more frequently with the little ones! Gosh I hope they can put a name with this baby!

I am afraid this boy & any family are homeless. I expect the homeless population swells in Galveston in the fall?

Hurricane refuge is also a possibility.

RIP, little guy!

Sadly, my first thought is that they will find his mother next.

From your link:

"This is a very unusual case. It's very difficult as a police officer, as a police agency, and as a community, to have the death of a small child, lying in the sand, and to not have any answers to give anyone." said Capt. Joshua Schirard with Galveston PD.Schirard said the area where the child's body was found is not a heavily populated area.
Police said they have checked with the surrounding counties, including Harris County, and so far no missing person's report matches the description of the little boy.

Sadly, I believe as someone else posited, that this little one may be the child of people who are undocumented. I do wonder if his parent/parents are also deceased, though, as I cannot fathom being so afraid of deportation that I would not report as missing my toddler.

On the other hand, Bella or Reilly. :(

It might be just that sort of thing. Although from the little we know, it does not appear the little mite was weighted down or encased in a bag or bin.

Hoping we will have some answers soon. Sweet little soul. :(

I hope he wasn't the child of a single Mom, who may be missing or injured as well?

I wondered same....or even both parents.

But surely someone would miss an entire family?

Heart rending.

I can't think of a case that occurred that way either. Unfortunately I think this is going to be a very sad case like Riley Ann, her story was the first thing that popped into my head when I heard they found this little one on the beach.

Every drowning that occurred this year we expected a body to wash up on one of our beaches within the next couple of days because the swimmer was reported missing - some adults, some children..all reported missing from the beach and searched for until called off.

I believe wholeheartedly that even if this child's parents were here illegally that they would've reported him missing.

Most of the time when a child this young isn't reported missing it's because they suffered at the hands of someone who was supposed to love them.

How awful.

I can't help but have the worst thoughts, because this is a small child who should have been reported missing. Assuming he hasn't been, it must mean that his caregivers are responsible for whatever happened to this sweet boy. Or at the very least, they are covering up for the person responsible.

Has there been any description of him? Blonde hair, Caucasian, etc.?
The first person that popped into. my mind, and I don't know why, is little DeOrr Kunz Jr.
So far away from where he went missing, but who knows?

Has there been any description of him? Blonde hair, Caucasian, etc.?
The first person that popped into. my mind, and I don't know why, is little DeOrr Kunz Jr.
So far away from where he went missing, but who knows?

I have read a few articles that described the boy as 'white' and being between the ages of 3-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine