Identified! Tx - Galveston, Hispmale 'little Jacob' Up17178, 3-5, Jayden Alexander Lopez, Oct'17 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else wondering why there has been no description of whether he was naked or what clothing he may have had on him? Another poster asked about hair color. Where is all this info?

Oh god... This is taking me back to 2015 and lovely little Bella Bond :(

I'm going back to page 1 to catch up. Marking.

Anyone else wondering why there has been no description of whether he was naked or what clothing he may have had on him? Another poster asked about hair color. Where is all this info?

Kinda seems like the case is being treated as if a crime was committed, maybe that's why information hasn't been released? Or maybe they are just waiting on an autopsy before giving any info?

Authorities have already checked with the coastguard - nothing has been reported. Also no reports of a missing swimmer from the shore and no reports of a missing child in the area that matches the description.

Unfortunately in the past the island has been used as a dumping ground for babies that have had horrific things done to them. Riley Ann Sawyers in October 2007 and Elijah Mullis less than a year later in 2008. :(

Oh my, yes Riley :heartbeat: :( Bella first came to mind but I'll never forget the sweet face of little "baby grace".

The only thing I can think between Bella and Riley and this little boy was that he wasn't found in a bag or storage container like they were. Could that indicate an accident rather than someone trying to cover something up?

Has there been any description of him? Blonde hair, Caucasian, etc.?
The first person that popped into. my mind, and I don't know why, is little DeOrr Kunz Jr.
So far away from where he went missing, but who knows?

They said he was white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't help but wonder if he could be the child of illegals, and thus they are afraid to report him missing?

That crossed my mind also, or perhaps he had the misfortune to have parents involved in drug transport. Poor little soul...but not lost to the sea. He clearly wants his story told.

How very sad, i hope they can identify the boy and what has happened to him. I guess the next step now is with the medical examiner to see what the child died from, :(

Oh my, yes Riley :heartbeat: :( Bella first came to mind but I'll never forget the sweet face of little "baby grace".

The only thing I can think between Bella and Riley and this little boy was that he wasn't found in a bag or storage container like they were. Could that indicate an accident rather than someone trying to cover something up?

I agree it does look like an accident with the way he was discovered...but I can't wrap my head around someone not reporting a missing child.

I agree it does look like an accident with the way he was discovered...but I can't wrap my head around someone not reporting a missing child.

Agreed. I don't want this to be another Bella or Riley but it's not looking good. I hope we get a reconstruction of what this little boy looked like soon.

My mind automatically thinks neglectful caregivers who killed and dumped him. But who knows. I hope they give more info soon.

Authorities have already checked with the coastguard - nothing has been reported. Also no reports of a missing swimmer from the shore and no reports of a missing child in the area that matches the description.

Unfortunately in the past the island has been used as a dumping ground for babies that have had horrific things done to them. Riley Ann Sawyers in October 2007 and Elijah Mullis less than a year later in 2008. :(

Yes, Baby Grace, first thing that came to mind...

Still catching up,

Has a sketch been released yet (or computer rendition/ photo)?

Also, have they stated COD and how long this baby has been deceased? Tia.

He was found in the surf. Would this make it more likely that he washed ashore? My heart breaks just thinking about this little boy and what could have happened to him.

:please:

From the link:

<snip>

The body was found in the surf around 5:30 p.m. by someone walking along the beach at 7th and Seawall.
Police said the little boy seems to have been between 3 and 5 years old.
<snip>

Investigators said they don't want to rule any situation out, so they have also reached out to Child Protective Services to see if there's any way the agency can help identify the child.

Federal agencies, like US Customs and Border Protection are also searching their databases.

I agree, Lyssav. Given the circumstances, I believe police are required treat it as such until they determine otherwise.

Kinda seems like the case is being treated as if a crime was committed, maybe that's why information hasn't been released? Or maybe they are just waiting on an autopsy before giving any info?

I'm sitting here trying to think of how this could be an accident, but I can't come up with anything that makes sense. If it had been a boating accident, surely he would be wearing a life vest. If he had wandered off and drowned, someone would be looking for him. This is scary and sad. :(

People get complacent and sometimes do not place life vests on kids.

I wondered same....or even both parents.

But surely someone would miss an entire family?

Heart rending.

They might not be "overdue" yet. Especially if it was a boating family where they were going country to country. Its also possible this is a missing person from hurricanes. And if its a single mom or dad, they might not be reported missing yet. Or if they are illegals, but, it is also possible this is a foster/familial abuse situation.

Sorry if this was posted upthread and I missed it. Galveston Police's Oct. 20 statement.

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/galvestonp...496228520557/1081194925317348/?type=3&theater

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 1.31.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 1.31.21 PM.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 432
Still catching up,

Has a sketch been released yet (or computer rendition/ photo)?

Also, have they stated COD and how long this baby has been deceased? Tia.

Not sure an autopsy has been performed yet. It could be a while before they have those answers and give that information to the public.

Sorry if this was posted upthread and I missed it. Galveston Police's Oct. 20 statement.

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/galvestonp...496228520557/1081194925317348/?type=3&theater

Oh my goodness.:( It sounds like when found he had no clothing on his little body for if he did, surely they would have put a description out on the clothing to the public in case someone remembers him wearing that particular outfit.

It sounds like to me that someone dumped his little body after he was dead.

I hope and pray this little guy can be given his proper name and I hope he has those who love him who want to see him have a proper burial.

If someone has harmed this innocent child I hope LE finds them and fast where they can be punished severely.

I have read statistics for years and more boys around this little boys age are killed far more often than girls around the same age. :(

The sad story of a lost life and a little boy, rejected even by the sea; or a little boy returned to us by the sea, so that by solving his mystery we can restore his name and thus his dignity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18