TX - Gunman in Hijacked Mail Truck, multiple victims, Midland/Odessa, 31 August 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Live updates: West Texas shooting rampage - CNN

Mail carrier. I don’t know if this has been posted.
Just heartbreaking.
:( So, so, sad.

21 min ago
A USPS mail carrier is one of the 7 victims

0289abc5-f6c3-4124-85cd-eda954080854.jpg

Mary Granados, 29, was working as a mail carrier for USPS and at the end of her shift when she was shot and killed, according to her twin sister, Rosie.

Rosie said she was on the phone with her sister when she heard her scream.

"It was very painful. I just wanted to help her and I couldn't I thought she had got bite by a dog or something. I tried calling her name and she wouldn't answer," she said.

[...]

"We are all broken, we are all suffering about this. She was a very beautiful person. She was very friendly and was always smiling," she said.

[...]

2 hr 52 min ago
Live updates: West Texas shooting rampage - CNN

This funeral home is offering free services for the shooting victims

A funeral home in Midland County is offering free services for shooting victims.

American Heritage Cemetery & Funeral Home is located in the middle of Odessa and Midland and services both cities.

Amanda Brewer, assistant funeral director, spoke to CNN about the company’s decision to offer this.

"We just want to bring the family some comfort and peace knowing they don't have to worry about expense," she Brewer said.

[...]

Beautiful words, Ocean. I enjoy reading your posts so much.

I got goosebumps when I read the statement by little AD's mother. She didn't just ask for people to pray for AD, everyone else affected, but also for the shooters...

What a gracious woman. I hope everyone will meet her request. MOO

ETA: Your post was worth reading twice. You should have left the duplicate, lol!
I co-sign every single word Ms. Blue Eyes. You help bring the human back into humanity.

21 min ago

Mary Granados, 29, was working as a mail carrier for USPS and at the end of her shift when she was shot and killed, according to her twin sister, Rosie.

"It was very painful. I just wanted to help her and I couldn't I thought she had got bite by a dog or something. I tried calling her name and she wouldn't answer," she said.

[...]

"We are all broken, we are all suffering about this. She was a very beautiful person. She was very friendly and was always smiling," she said.

[...]

The porch camera of her delivering mail that day...
I can’t even.

Interesting about the mail carrier, probably a contract worker. The post office has "A scale and B scale" workers now. Those who work for the post office, or those who work at the post office for a contract carrier.

If it is actually a government worker who was killed, I believe that federal charges will be added to the state charges. Not sure if it matters if this was a contract worker. But it will make a significant difference in the amount of money that the family will receive.

I'm guessing she was a direct hire. That doesnt sound like a rural area, she has uniform clothes, and was driving an actual USPS vehicle.

21 min ago

[...]

[...]
We lost young ones yesterday. :(

With the heartbreak there's also very heartwarming actions taking place. Funds quickly raised, numerous donations of services, food, and assistance in so many ways. Love for our neighbor exists in this country... We need to fix "whatever it is" that's rapidly continuing to break in society.

Bryce Newberry on Twitter
Update: 7 dead + gunman, 22 injured in Midland/Odessa. Officials are not naming the suspect on camera as to not give him notoriety. Victims age 15-57. Investigation is still active. @KVUE @newswest9
12:32 PM - 1 Sep 2019

Polo Sandoval on Twitter
Odessa Police Chief: the 7 dead in Midland Odessa shooting range in ages from 15 to 57 years old. Confident shooter acted alone though no motive has been established.
12:33 PM - 1 Sep 2019

David Gonzalez on Twitter
Midland/Odessa Shooting: @GovAbbott: “there is no such thing as a routine stop”. #khou11 @KHOU @newswest9
12:35 PM - 1 Sep 2019 from Odessa, TX

Midland/Odessa Shooting: Governor says I have been to too many of these events including Dallas police shooting, Sutherland Springs, Santa Fe High School l, and El Paso a month ago. He says he tired of people dying. #MidlandShooting #OdessaShooting #khou11 @KHOU @newswest9
12:38 PM - 1 Sep 2019 from Odessa, TX

Wes Rapaport on Twitter
Odessa Police: now confident just one suspect involved. 22 people injured- 3 of them are law enforcement. 7 victims, ages range from 15-57 years old.
12:32 PM - 1 Sep 2019

Wes Rapaport on Twitter
Gov Abbott: “words must be met with action” in aftermath of this deadly incident. #OdessaShooting
EDZV5-TXkAMjawT.jpg

12:34 PM - 1 Sep 2019

Wes Rapaport on Twitter
”There is no such thing as a routine stop,” Abbott says as he describes dangerous work for @TxDPS troopers. Abbott also thanks local law enforcement and emergency responders for their work. Expresses sorrow for families who lost loved ones or had loved ones hurt. #OdessaShooting
EDZWSXtXoAIFd9q.jpg

12:36 PM - 1 Sep 2019

Wes Rapaport on Twitter
Abbott reads text from mom of 17 month old who was shot. Baby is recovering in Lubbock hospital. Text references prayer, prognosis for the child, and optimism moving forward. #OdessaShooting
12:39 PM - 1 Sep 2019

Midland/Odessa Shooting: DPS says trooper went into surgery yesterday and doctors are optimistic he will recover. They call having to respond to two mass shootings in less than a month is unheard of. #MidlandShooting #OdessaShooting #khou11 @KHOU @newswest9
EDZX02cWsAEYJsr.jpg

12:43 PM - 1 Sep 2019

I have faith but this is ridiculous beyond belief!

Why does America accept this! No other First World Nation lives like this. Absurd. Revolting!
We are also a people of action. We value work, innovation, and making progress. Yet, what are we doing to fix what ails us? Point fingers. Fight. Blame. We're doing just about everything except fix the problems. Why are we stuck and not changing?!?

Rhetorical questions, I suppose. A rant. Anger set in.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997
Back