TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Belimom, can I copy your post of being hosed either way and save it for a rainy day?

Yep, he showed his ignorance by ripping LE for giving SA his phone back only to see him begin to delete numbers, etc. SA can delete all he wants from the phone, LE has the ability to retrieve the records from the phone company. Come on Mark, you have to be smarter than that!

I feel it was the time factor. If the took the phone immediately, they could have seen the texts and phone calls. They didn't go back for days to retrieve the phone again. Thus, leaving plenty of time to delete information.On TV, they said it would take 72 hours to retrieve records. That is 3 wasted days.

She can't come on TV freaking out, insinuating that her daughter is dead somewhere. She just can't.

She's holding out whatever hope that her daughter ran away, and is going to be found alive somewhere.

Until something happens to the contrary, it just seems to me that she's doing whatever she can to hold on to that fading hope of finding her alive.

No, but here is what she could do..

Beg for people to keep their eyes open for her. Beg people to search.

Beg and plead for her to come home. Look in the camera and talk to your child as if they weren't dead!

Stop trying to worry about if everyone thinks your a bad person, you have bigger fish to fry.

This is what I mean about fire. I didn't say a thing about freaking out, I said FIRE. If she doesn't know what that is take a look at the things CD is doing and saying. He seems more like a mother to me than her. JMO.

Obviously the other parent involved, CD does not give a darn what people may or may not think. His only objective at this point is to find his daughter.

But I think they handle it differently... Think of Beth Holloway vs Dave Holloway. He was nowhere in the spotlight as much as she was, kwim?

lol, so Kemper (sp?) said it. And "sources". When it comes to a POI I think I will wait until we have a direct quote from LE......"facts" are to loose there to suit me.

I went back and looked at cz's posts from the last few days and didn't see anything about a restraining order. Maybe somebody else can find it but I looked pretty good and didn't see anything. I definitely don't remember her saying it in the past and surely if she did many of us would be aware of it.

But I think they handle it differently... Think of Beth Holloway vs Dave Holloway. He was nowhere in the spotlight as much as she was, kwim?

He was probably afraid to be ripped apart in public due to his record and recent arrest. He sees what they are doing to BD and SA. He defended her today.

I agree - no matter what she does she can't win if someone has already decided that she's guilty. I feel very bad for her...

If Billie:

- gets a lawyer: 'she's guilty'
- doesn't get a lawyer: 'is guilty but wants to appear innocent'

- doesn't search: 'doesn't care'
- searches: 'just trying to look good/get her face in the public - why is't she sitting home crying' (goes against what LE is telling her and risks actually stumbling across her daughter)

- goes on NG: 'seeking attention and enjoys the limelight'
- doesn't go on NG: 'guilty b/c she won't talk openly and has gone into hiding'

- doesn't cry: 'guilty and doesn't care about her daughter'
- cries: 'putting on like Susan Smith'; 'didn't cry the right way'

- falters on answers: 'guilty b/c stumbling over answers and said she left at 6:20 and then at 6:30'
- answers down pat: 'her answers come to easy - she's rehearsed this'

- doesn't know SA's every move on Mon/Tues: 'she's lying'
- knows everything he did: 'she was in on it with him'

JMHO.

Very True

I need an IPAD to walk around with because I am getting nothing done. I am so totally focused on this case from morning to late. My "honie pie" is so gracious not to say anything, I better go make a cake.

GRACE: Have you questioned him again, Billie, about her disappearance? Have you gone over what happened that night?

B. DUNN: Yes, because I don`t know where my daughter is.

GRACE: And what did he say?

B. DUNN: I haven`t been talking to him much. He lets me know he loves us and he misses us. I just haven`t talked to him a lot. Tells me I know him --

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/10/ng.01.html

Right that is from the 10th. I'll find last nights.

Giving SA's cell phone back after they had already seen it's contents could cause some delays if they didn't already have the phone records (as carmenU stated). But, it could have been a strategy too. I think it's very telling that once he had it back, he started deleting contents. That's incriminating behavior, imo... I agree with Sheik that MK may have jumped the gun in criticizing LE for that action...

Billie's car was broken down the night of the poly, as per CZ.

LE had to drive her home from the poly she walked out on.

WHY was Billie's car broken down?

Was there damage to the car's undercarriage (offroading?)

Water damage?

Same old thing that always broke down?

Not enough time???
What I would love to see is Nancy do a one- or two-hour show without the sound bites and vid clips, and without all the comments from the talking heads/reporters, and just ask the parents questions. Period. That might get us more facts and clear up a lot of inconsistencies.

I have to say something, and keep in mind that I have a lot of respect for Mark Klass, but I wish he would keep his opinions about LE's job to himself. It's not helping. He's not down there helping search, so he really shouldn't say the case was bungled from the start. He also isn't taking into consideration that there are multiple agencies handling the investigation, and it depends on which LEO is making the comments, and sometimes how the reporters spin it.

LE has the right to change their minds, and they SHOULD look at every possibility, they should not develop tunnel vision. Even if there are only a few detectives working on one case, each one can pursue a different theory, they do not all have to be on the same page. MK's declaration that LE said one thing one day and another thing the next, is just tacky, IMO. Maybe one day one theory looks promising, and the next day it doesn't. However... what they SAY to the public is no reflection on what they DO in the way of investigating. He of all people should realize that. I respect what he does, but I believe NG defers to his opinions way too much sometimes.
JMO.

LE has had changing statements they did not see Hailey as anything other than a runaway. Why not admit that? Instead they say they were looking at both. If so, critical evidence should have been collected way before they did. I believe Marc Klass spoke the truth about LE. They may be doing a great job now but I don't think they were the first week. JMO

Maybe because it broke.

My car does that sometimes.

Why does it matter why the car was broken down? Not trying to be snotty at all I'm just truly wondering what that has to do with anything?

When my daughter was missing the police told me to go home. They didn't want me searching. My son continued to search but we (parents)went home. That didn't make us not concerned we just did what the police told us to do.

Wow! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! How horrible!! I hope it turned out okay???

Can LE retrieve photos from phones if they have been deleted? I imagine so, but not sure.

No, but here is what she could do..

Beg for people to keep their eyes open for her. Beg people to search.

Beg and plead for her to come home. Look in the camera and talk to your child as if they weren't dead!

Stop trying to worry about if everyone thinks your a bad person, you have bigger fish to fry.

This is what I mean about fire. I didn't say a thing about freaking out, I said FIRE. If she doesn't know what that is take a look at the things CD is doing and saying. He seems more like a mother to me than her. JMO.

and Thank all who are searching and say prayers to find Hailey alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member