TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have followed these cases you would know that sometimes perps go to all kinds of lengths to get rid of their cars......maybe they were trying to get it towed off? Look at ICA's car and that mess. Some of you that have just signed up don't realize we QUESTION everything that is done, said and even THOUGHT in these cases. Kinda like what LE does.

Heck look at the truck in Kyron's case, we thought it was being towed because it was broke at first only to find out it was being taken in to be examined. Cars can be important, very important.

LE has had changing statements they did not see Hailey as anything other than a runaway. Why not admit that? Instead they say they were looking at both. If so, critical evidence should have been collected way before they did. I believe Marc Klass spoke the truth about LE. They may be doing a great job now but I don't think they were the first week. JMO

Yes, the frustration has been the timeline and delay for implementing search procedures,thus hindering the investigation. Also, the inconsistencies in public statements. Remember, they did not search BD's home for 4 days then did not go back until 1/5 to collect evidence from her room. I am under the assumption that the pics from the room are from after they "tossed" it. Also, BD told LE to polygraph her before she was asked. She probably nows from her reading of crime cases that the earlier the family is ruled out the better. Mark Klass 's positionand frustration has been the timeline of the investigation and the misinformation. However, now after all the media attention, the investigation seems to be on track.

If you have followed these cases you would know that sometimes perps go to all kinds of lengths to get rid of their cars......maybe they were trying to get it towed off? Look at ICA's car and that mess. Some of you that have just signed up don't realize we QUESTION everything that is done, said and even THOUGHT in these cases. Kinda like what LE does.

I realize that and I've been here forever. But I don't see how the car breaking down would have anything to do with Hailey missing. Even if they were trying to cover up evidence in that car, the cops are already on the case. Not like they could easily make that car disappear to never be found again.

Billie's car was broken down the night of the poly, as per CZ.

LE had to drive her home from the poly she walked out on.

WHY was Billie's car broken down?

Was there damage to the car's undercarriage? Water damage? Same old thing that always broke down?

I was wondering about this too. I wondered if it "broke down" in the parking lot of the police department. If she had to leave her car there and they had to drive her home it would be pretty easy for them to keep an eye on it... jmo

Why does it matter why the car was broken down? Not trying to be snotty at all I'm just truly wondering what that has to do with anything?

The car being broken down could be related to Hailey missing.

Example: Damage to the undercarriage due to offroading, water damage etc. Something damaged on the vehicle due to it being in a location it otherwise wouldn't have been.

Tossing it out there.

Please...When the truth comes out if Shawn killed her little girl, she will hate herself for ever allowing him into their lives and she will HATE him for the rest of her life.

The point is......if she filed a restraining order, she violated it. She has said she has talked and sent text to him.

a restraining order can have all kinds of orders, PERHAPS texting was not prohibited.

Any updates? I have been gone for a day and this thread took off. TIA

OT-
Ok i've read on here for a while and I thought I'd heard everything, but this made my jaw drop... and i only googled t his guy causes someone said he looked like BD's boyfriend!!

"Kemper and Mullin were briefly held in adjoining cells, with the former angrily accusing the latter of stealing his body-dumping sites."

Really??? Just WOW! That is sooo sick.. there aren't words

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Kemper[/ame]

Was there damage to the car's undercarriage (offroading?)

Water damage?

Same old thing that always broke down?

I was thinking the same thing like oil pan damage, undercarriage from rocks etc.
Then maybe it is not broke.........they just hate to use it because it has
'memories' related to Hailey missing?????

Is it easier for two people to lie or one, if the truth is relatively easy to determine?

It's a somewhat rhetorical question, but here goes.

If you tell someone that their daughter is spending the night in the neighborhood with a close friend, and you know it is a lie, don't you run the risk of either a.) someone calling to check the truth or b.) the person with whom their daughter is supposedly spending the night suddenly calling and ruining the scenario?

If Hailey lied about spending the night, she runs the risk of being found out quickly and her "running away" plan ends.

If SA lies about Hailey spending the night, he runs the greater risk of that lie being discovered by BD either calling to confirm or the friend inadvertantly calling looking for Hailey, unless the friend is told to keep quiet (under Hailey lying scenario above).

If SA AND BD both lie, it seems to me that the lie has a more remote chance of being discovered. No one searches to confirm the sleeping over scenario. If friend does call, you can make up something and still be able to change story later to a different friend. Plus, if you leave the house and aren't around (like buying drugs that evening in nearby "big" city) then you dont' run the risk of that lie being discovered too soon.

Does all that make sense?

The car being broken down could be related to Hailey missing.

Example: Damage to the undercarriage due to offroading, water damage etc. Something damaged on the vehicle due to it being in a location it otherwise wouldn't have been.

Okay, I see your point now! Thanks! :)

I feel it was the time factor. If the took the phone immediately, they could have seen the texts and phone calls. They didn't go back for days to retrieve the phone again. Thus, leaving plenty of time to delete information.On TV, they said it would take 72 hours to retrieve records. That is 3 wasted days.

He deleted the info right there in front of the investigator. He had first handed it to them, they looked through it, and handed it back to him. Then they started asking him some questions about the calls on the phone, caught him in a lie, asked to see the phone again. But before he handed it back a second time, he sat there, right in front of them, and deleted the calls. Guess he may not be the brightest crayon in the box: a thing called phone records from Cellco were obtained by search warrant, albeit, after the fact.

Can LE retrieve photos from phones if they have been deleted? I imagine so, but not sure.

If the photos have been texted to another phone, yes, all data is stored on the phone vendors servers.

If the photos just remained on the phone, not sure. If they configured the phone to save to the SIM card, more than likley yes, if not, than I am not sure.

GRACE: Have you questioned him again, Billie, about her disappearance? Have you gone over what happened that night?

B. DUNN: Yes, because I don`t know where my daughter is.

GRACE: And what did he say?

B. DUNN: I haven`t been talking to him much. He lets me know he loves us and he misses us. I just haven`t talked to him a lot. Tells me I know him --

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/10/ng.01.html

Here is what I was talking about. NG can't keep it straight either LMAO.

GRACE: You made the boyfriend leave. You haven`t been talking to him. But many people believe that you appear nervous, and it`s been interpreted that you are concerned the boyfriend had something to do with Hailey`s disappearance. Is that true?

BILLIE DUNN: That bothers me a lot.

Was there damage to the car's undercarriage (offroading?)

Water damage?

Same old thing that always broke down?

Hmmm. I kind of figured they seized it when they presented the search warrant for it.

He deleted the info right there in front of the investigator. He had first handed it to them, they looked through it, and handed it back to him. Then they started asking him some questions about the calls on the phone, caught him in a lie, asked to see the phone again. But before he handed it back a second time, he sat there, right in front of them, and deleted the calls. Guess he may not be the brightest crayon in the box: a thing called phone records from Cellco were obtained by search warrant, albeit, after the fact.

Exactly so if something criminal did occur to HD, he had to have read about disposition on a website or something. Otherwise, how on earth could he keep it under wraps this long?

I realize that and I've been here forever. But I don't see how the car breaking down would have anything to do with Hailey missing. Even if they were trying to cover up evidence in that car, the cops are already on the case. Not like they could easily make that car disappear to never be found again.

Actually do we really know it was broke down? Come to think of it. lol, My turretts is about to get me in trouble.

However, they visually inspected the phone a few days before that and when they went to take possession of the phone he deleted information before handing if over. For future reference , I am going to to note that cell phones should be e confiscated immediately. Especially, with the the 72 hours needed to obtain phone records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave