TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days back there was reference to the LE checking things in AZ and New Mexico I think that was at the time they were persuing both a runaway and criminal case.. so my question is what is the connection to New Mexico/AZ? Why those two states? any thoughts?

I will repost this again for those coming in.
As verified SAR (please, go check up under the verified link).....

The family and close friends of the family and the missing person should NEVER be out searching. EVER.
<snip>

Thanks for a non-emotional objective post from a professional SAR. It sort of rights the ship, so to speak. mopo (my own personal opinion).

Is there still the time frame between 7 & 9:30 am? I think they should also search between the Big Spring area and Odessa. Lots of shutdown oil properties over there and job losses due to the economy and plenty of time for SA to have driven that way from CC, and then get back to his mom's in Big Spring.

I don't think it would do a bit of good. Chances are lies may have been flowing both ways during the course of the relationship.

IMO, if he answered the questions with more lies or refused to answer, that in and of itself, would speak volumes.

I would have to hear the responses or lack thereof. But, that's just me.

The police need to be doing that, not her.

People are having an issue with them just having a couple of text messages between them.

She can't go speak to him about the case.
BBM
A couple? I didn't think it had been said anywhere by anyone how many back and forth she's had with him. Eh...it really doesn't matter how many times she did that to me. Her wanting any contact in any way with SA after HD comes up missing is beyond my comprehension.

Sooooooo....why didn't BD call MB's herself ??? OR...if she's worried, walk down to MB's house and bring Hailey back herself...it's not like the friends house is across the world !!

I am assuming that she did not call because she did not know the mom well enough to know her phone number, and did not take it from the cell phone when she went to work since she did not expect to need it... figured Hailey would just be home in the morning.

And when she contacted DD to have him text MB, she was at work. If my daughter (at 13) was sleeping over at a friend's house, and I had no reason to think anything was amiss, I don't think I would leave work for an hour (round trip) to go to the friend's house to tell her to go home, when a sibling who was at home could take care of it via cell phone/text message.

JMO

Has anyone had any luck searching Scurry County records for minor arrests or charges that SA might have had?

BBM
A couple? I didn't think it had been said anywhere by anyone how many back and forth she's had with him. Eh...it really doesn't matter how many times she did that to me. Her wanting any contact in any way with SA after HD comes up missing is beyond my comprehension.

Because she doesn't want to believe that her SA killed her daughter?

Because she doesn't want to believe that something horrible happened to her daughter?

She's holding onto the hope that she just ran away. That is all she has left at this point.

And no, she never said that she returned any messages. She said that he had texted her a couple of times.

If she comes to the belief that SA actually is involved, then that means that her daughter most likely isn't coming home.

I just don't see how any mother would even want to think of something like that.

**Warning**Thinking through options out loud to see how it floats!

Several people have been talking about asking SA some "hard" questions. IF SA was the person that did something to HD, the evidence that has been uncovered on him would lead one to believe that he has some serious narcissistic tendencies. Again, this is only an IF. IF he indeed, did do her harm, then the slasher stuff and MM forum information would suggest that he may have some sexual sadism urges.

A narcissistic sexual sadist (in general, not implying that SA is one) would thoroughly enjoy being grilled by LE because he or she would get to experience "trying to outsmart the cops" and if a relative was to ask the questions then the individual would be able to rekindle the sadism by causing said family member more pain. It would seem that the way to catch such an individual is to:
1 Find a way to make them feel accepted and like LE is totally believing them, but being forced by whoever to hold him. Make him comfortable and chit chat. Maybe bring up some shared interests, get him off guard and then wait for the information to slip out. (This will not work with the smartest of the narcissistic sexual sadists)
2 Do what LE is doing with their POIs now. Keep them under close observation and then search in areas that they are going frequently. Persons with such urges are seemingly drawn back to the place where they "store" their trophies. They will not stop and check them out all the time, but they would, say, drive past the area several times, etc.

It would be super nice to be able to get Roy Hazelwood or Robert Resler (retired FBI Profilers) to look at the current case notes and see what they can get out of it!

Sorry for the long post.

A few days back there was reference to the LE checking things in AZ and New Mexico I think that was at the time they were persuing both a runaway and criminal case.. so my question is what is the connection to New Mexico/AZ? Why those two states? any thoughts?

There's been some talk that SA had friends in NM. Lovington, to be exact.

Thanks for a non-emotional objective post from a professional SAR. It sort of rights the ship, so to speak. mopo (my own personal opinion).

I agree and sar has posted that many many times....

But I can't help thinking if Kristi Cornwell's brother didn't find her she might never been found. He did have help from LE.

Sometime there not enought LE to go around :(

I think Clint feel helpless has all of us do. He got to do what he got to do.

I don't understand why LE is not letting Tim Miller come down and search??

I just guessing they have their reasons and I wish they tell us why?

Is there a timeline posted anywhere? I am getting confused as to the order things happened in. I don't want to ask or post something stupid because I don't know the facts. I would appreciate anyone telling me where I can find a timeline. tia

So here's my theory. Just my thinking out loud.

DEC 27, 2010
5:30am SA leaves for work
6:00am'ish SA snaps and leaves work
6:20 BD leaves for work
6:35 SA arrives back in Colorado City. Assumes that HD is still asleep. Goes to the home. Proceeds to abuse (however sick it was) HD. Can't assume how long.
9:30am SA leaves Colorado City to go to Big Spring to mom's house.
Sometime between 10:00-11:00am HD leaves the home to go do dad's house. Then for some reason comes straight back home. (based on a tip not followed up by LE)
2:30pm SA leaves Big Spring.
3:15pm SA goes to the home. HD is mad. Gonna tell. SA is mad. Doesn't want her to. SA subdues HD. Manages to hide her in the car.
4:00pm CD comes home to a locked house (probably not normal). Makes his way into the window where he sees SA ("deer in the headlights") probably cleaning up the mess from the scuffle. In order to not draw attention to himself from SA, CD acts like nothing ever happened.
AFTER 4:00pm SA leaves the home with HD bound in the vehicle. Now has 2 hours to hide or dispose of HD.
6:00pm SA picks BD up from work. SA most likely needs a "fix". They withdraw the money from the ATM to buy whatever is needed.
Return home as if nothing is wrong.

DEC 28, 2010
HD discovered to have not stayed at friends house and is nowhere to be found.

Any argument, deductions of conclusions are welcome. Again, just thinking out loud.

Is there a timeline posted anywhere? I am getting confused as to the order things happened in. I don't want to ask or post something stupid because I don't know the facts. I would appreciate anyone telling me where I can find a timeline. tia

I ws just looking and I did not find one. I was searching how to contact moderator about creating one.

ITA! GOOD post!
The very first interview she said she wanted Hailey back, that Hailey belonged to her & CD...........then nothing like that again. IIRC
BBM

That quote has always bothered me! IMHO...Children are not posessions that belong to you like a cat or a dog. Children are a gift to you from God. Your job as a parent is to love and care for them until the reach adulthood. Parenting is much like this Quote:

PROMISE TO MY KID: I will stalk you, freak out on you, lecture you, drive you crazy, be your worst nightmare, embarrass you in front of your friends, hunt you down like a bloodhound....because I LOVE YOU! When you understand that, I will know you are a responsible adult. You will NEVER find someone who loves you, cares about you, and worries about you more then your MOM! Copy & paste if you agree :)

This also applies to Dad's as well...C/P it from my own facebook page!

So here's my theory. Just my thinking out loud.

DEC 27, 2010
5:30am SA leaves for work
6:00am'ish SA snaps and leaves work
6:20 BD leaves for work
6:35 SA arrives back in Colorado City. Assumes that HD is still asleep. Goes to the home. Proceeds to abuse (however sick it was) HD. Can't assume how long.
9:30am SA leaves Colorado City to go to Big Spring to mom's house.
Sometime between 10:00-11:00am HD leaves the home to go do dad's house. Then for some reason comes straight back home. (based on a tip not followed up by LE)
2:30pm SA leaves Big Spring.
3:15pm SA goes to the home. HD is mad. Gonna tell. SA is mad. Doesn't want her to. SA subdues HD. Manages to hide her in the car.
4:00pm CD comes home to a locked house (probably not normal). Makes his way into the window where he sees SA ("deer in the headlights") probably cleaning up the mess from the scuffle. In order to not draw attention to himself from SA, CD acts like nothing ever happened.
AFTER 4:00pm SA leaves the home with HD bound in the vehicle. Now has 2 hours to hide or dispose of HD.
6:00pm SA picks BD up from work. SA most likely needs a "fix". They withdraw the money from the ATM to buy whatever is needed.
Return home as if nothing is wrong.

DEC 28, 2010
HD discovered to have not stayed at friends house and is nowhere to be found.

Any argument, deductions of conclusions are welcome. Again, just thinking out loud.

Did anyone see Hailey that morning of the 27th? What night was she supposedly going for the sleep over? so confusing to me. sorry. tia

As far as narrowing down where to search...didn't SA say HD could be found in Scurry County and the poly found that he was indeed telling the truth? I think I am remembering that correctly. If so, shouldn't Scurry County be the focus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member