TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right...remember how in the affadavit it said that he suggested they look at "both of us"? He was already willing to throw her under the bus.

But she looooooooves him (that was in my COPS voice -- the same one that the women always use when the cops are hauling off the guy who just left them bruised and with a split open lip.

Her distancing from him has not been that convincing to me. Something she stated a few nights ago on Nancy Grace or in an interview comes to mind to make me believe that they are still in contact. Before I try to recreate it, I will find a link to it to keep myself out of trouble, though. :)

she admitted they were texting

Or going through life with a mask on your head....

I know this shouldn't be funny right now but it is... thanks for the laugh. :crazy:

she's not sure at this point? Let me tell ya, me and DH been together for 7 years and so help me god if my kid even rolls off the bed I promise it wont be pretty. I told my DH that yesterday. My son is 8 months and he's active. Yeah it might be an accident, but I dont give a d***. I make sure my DH is watching JR at all times and be responsible and take nothing for granted. My DH thinks I'm to protective, yeah whatever.

Where was BD when he was creepy lurking? surely she would have noticed??

BBM

Pure speculation...in her bedroom whispering to him from her cellphone. A sick twisted game.

One of the side effects of being molested is often to become sexually inappropriate. Age is not a factor. Unfortunately children in these situations are often around perpetrators not emotionally healthy adults who would recognize the behavior as inappropriate.

I do not think this is the case here. I do think BD's ability to recognize danger was damaged. Kind of like if you have antennaes on your head that detect danger, hers had been snapped off or broken down.

Very well stated! I agree... It's just tragic that her daughter has likely paid the price... :(

Right...remember how in the affadavit it said that he suggested they look at "both of us"? He was already willing to throw her under the bus.

But she looooooooves him (that was in my COPS voice -- the same one that the women always use when the cops are hauling off the guy who just left them bruised and with a split open lip.

Her distancing from him has not been that convincing to me. Something she stated a few nights ago on Nancy Grace or in an interview comes to mind to make me believe that they are still in contact. Before I try to recreate it, I will find a link to it to keep myself out of trouble, though. :)

When he said "both of us", are they sure he was referring to BD? I can't shake the feeling that he may be referring to himself. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing.

"She had told me on a couple of occasions that (...) he walked around at night and she said that she could see his shadow standing at her door," Connie Jones is quoted as saying. "She said, 'Nana, he scared me. I'm afraid he's going to come in there.'"

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331206

So she told her more than once, and still nothing. Wonderful.

I think Hailey tried to tell her mom and she brushed it off...just an opinion. But she clearly did not hold back with Grandma...

I do not believe that BD was not aware that SA made Hailey feel uncomfortable, to say the least, and I think she knew at least part of this, but shut her eyes to it.

I can't find an excuse for her...I am trying...

My own 13 year old is currently without his iphone ( and will be for the next month) because he forwarded a vile and inappropriate poll to another person via text. He was told when given the phone to NEVER text or take photos of things he wouldn't be comfortable sharing with his grandmother. He also knew that I would be randomly checking. So....tomorrow he will be reading that poll to his grandmother. :floorlaugh: I have a feeling he won't be repeating that behavior;)

:aktion: Yay, Linda...we like moms like you!

Would the blackberry ping if it was on a charger?

I just read it takes 20 min to an hour to charge one.

I think Hailey tried to tell her mom and she brushed it off...just an opinion. But she clearly did not hold back with Grandma...

I do not believe that BD was not aware that SA made Hailey feel uncomfortable, to say the least, and I think she knew at least part of this, but shut her eyes to it.

I can't find an excuse for her...I am trying...

I believe so, too. She did mention in her interview that she told HD that she didn't have to like SA but she had to be respectful. So I think BD could have (incorrectly) chalked some of HD's complaints up to her 'just not liking him and trying to get him in trouble'.

MOO

When he said "both of us", are they sure he was referring to BD? I can't shake the feeling that he may be referring to himself. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing.

Actually, I'm the last person to defend BD or SA. On this one question, I think it might be just be that he was asked who LE should be looking and answered "both of us" because it's common knowledge that parents and the last person to see a victim should be looked at first. If SA had demonstrated one iota of intelligence to date, I could say that statement wasn't too incriminating. But, since his stoooopid deleting of texts, apparent lack of knowledge of cell phone pings, assanine apparent attempt to establish an alibi... I tend to agree that it's incriminating coming from him...

This made every hair on my head stand on end! Lawd have mercy.

can someone post the link for the live stream for Nancy Grace on here for tonight :) My stupid satellite is not working thanks to the snow :(

I believe so, too. She did mention in her interview that she told HD that she didn't have to like SA but she had to be respectful. So I think BD could have (incorrectly) chalked some of HD's complaints up to her 'just not liking him and trying to get him in trouble'.

MOO

But wasn't she a true crime buff? Didn't she ever get a chance to read all that stuff she printed out?
IMO, she's in deep.

I'd almost rather he meant that, but I don't believe it.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26484608/detail.html

The district judge issued the two warrants, one to seize a computer and one for digital media. Officials explained that different warrants are necessary to search the different media devices. A warrant to search a house, for example, would not cover the searching of a computer, thus requiring separate warrants.

I know, that SA's mom lives in Howard County (as I discovered from the affidavits that she in fact lives in myy very neighborhood, only a couple of streets away from me). Also according to the affidavits, the computer was taken from her home here in Big Spring/Howard County. So if the warrant was issued in Nolan County and/or Mitchell County, would that warrant still be good in Howard County - all countries are, of course, in the State of Texas.

MOO

I totally agree.

I had a college roommate whose parents divorced when she was very young, and she didn't like her stepfather. Shortly after her mom married him and the blended families moved in together, her older stepbrother raped her. She was 13. She told her mother. Her mother slapped her across the face and told her not to make up stories just b/c she didn't like her stepfather. (Since her mom didn't believe her and she had a younger sister, she then became the self-appointed guardian of her little sister -- watching over her like a hawk...).

I think this type of stuff happens more than we'd like to think. MOO

"She had told me on a couple of occasions that (...) he walked around at night and she said that she could see his shadow standing at her door," Connie Jones is quoted as saying. "She said, 'Nana, he scared me. I'm afraid he's going to come in there.'"

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331206

So she told her more than once, and still nothing. Wonderful.
If Nana had told BD what had been said thats even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston