TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LEO's sworn statement in search warrant affidavit:

The first withdrawal was for $60.00 and the second withdrawal was for $80.00. It was determined through the voluntary interview and voluntary admission of Billie Dunn that the money was used to purchase illegal narcotics from a person in Scurry County, Texas. Dunn admitted that the illegal narcotics were for Adkins and herself.

Billie's statements on NG last night:

GRACE: What about this? I know that you used your ATM twice in a row that Monday night when Hailey goes missing, one right after the next. Now, according to these police affidavits, illegal drugs were purchased. What`s the story, Billie?

BILLIE DUNN: I know. And I don`t want to get into it any more. I just want to clear things up. We did go to the ATM, and the reason there was two withdrawals is because I didn`t know how much money I had in there. I know we were broke. We pulled money out for gas, food, whatever. We did go to the north side of town for maybe 15 minutes just to stop by my mom`s house. And she lives on the north side of Snyder. And we came straight home.

and

GRACE: OK, Billie Dunn, I`ve got the police affidavit right here in my hand verbatim. I`ve got hundreds of pages of documents that we have combed through. And they say you used (ph) -- at 6:19, 6:20 PM, you withdraw $60, then $80 cash. It was then determined through a volunteer -- voluntary admission of you, Billie Dunn, the money was used to purchase illegal narcotics from a person in Scurry County.

BILLIE DUNN: Right. And I read that, too. The only narcotics I had were prescribed to me, and I even showed those to Priscilla to get them on tape.

GRACE: OK, so are you telling me that you got, basically, a refill of prescription drugs not from the drugstore? Is that what the illegal narcotic was?

BILLIE DUNN: No. I`m not even sure what day I got the prescriptions. I think it was before then.

==================================================

This is not LE lying during in order to elicit information, which they have a full right through the Supreme Court to do, and which is an accepted investigative tool.

This is a LEO making a sworn statement in a SW affidavit. They have no permission legally to lie in a sworn affidavit, and it is an extremely rare thing that a LEO would do so.

I haven't seen any indication of pressure on LE to solve this case, that might influence a LEO to take the rare action of lying in a sworn affidavit.

I see no indications that the LEO made any kind of mistake typing up this section of the SW affidavit. That would have to be like mixing up this case with another case he's working on. Something like that. I see no indication of that happening.

I believe LE 100% in what he put in his affidavit.

What I do see is Billie, in her statements last night, is not only flat out lying about this event, but lying in a very slick and manipulative way. That is, deliberately, and slickly, avoiding answering directly about her drug run, and instead giving non-relevant answers.

Billie has a young, cute, innocent kinda thing going on, that I think she may have learned when young to use and exploit in order to attempt to manipulate others.

It's not working on me. It is clear to me that she knows exactly what she is saying, that she knows full well that she is lying through her teeth, and that she is doing so in a self-absorption to protect herself. She is putting herself before her critically endangered, and probably murdered child.

This is very damning, to me.

The other piece of 'evidence' I find that's damning, is her attempt to make herself appear like a sweet little mother, concerned about her child, looking in on her to make sure she was in her bed on that Monday.

Yet we know that this sweet little caring mother did not make any attempt for more than 24 hours to determine if her little girl was safe and sound, and made it to either place she supposedly said she was going. And this is a child who supposedly said she was going to walk the streets to not just one, but two different places.

This tells me that Billie knew full well that Hailey was not at her father's, and was not at her friend's, but that Billie knew exactly where Hailey was, and what had happened to her.

In other words, Billie didn't check on Hailey, because she knew Hailey *could not* be at either of those places. That only happens when someone knows exactly where someone is.

I'm not convinced that Billie harmed, or participated in harming Hailey, but I am most definitely convinced that she knows what happened to her, and where she is, whether alive or deceased.

I think Billie is covering primarily for Shawn, and also for herself for her role in Hailey's demise.

I am in great fear that Hailey has suffered a horrific death. At best, I think she was sold for drugs or sexual or sadistic sport. I hope she is alive, I hope she can be rescued, and I hope she can heal enough to be functional, if not happy. It breaks my heart that these are my highest hopes for this lovely child.

This is all just my opinion, based on the information from credible sources currently available in this case.

Maybe what she was trying to say was that while she worked 12 hour shifts, if HD needed say ten bucks, HD would ask BD to ask SA for it. Then HD got 'comfortable' enough to skip asking BD and going to SA directly. Maybe she used to call BD to have her contact SA for it? I don't know, that's just a guess.

To me it seems as if she was shoving it in her face that if she wanted something "he was the boss",go to him instead of her mother.He's the head,he's in control,treat him as your father.I got that line from watching him say it last night to BD to the camera."I'm the boss",so why did Hailey have to go to him instead of her mother for money when the mother worked?

And another thing when the grandmother was asked last night why didn't Hailey go to Bd if she was afraid of him.It was kind of obvious why,she'd get that same blank "Are you kidding me?" look that BD displayed last night when she heard he was standing at Hailey's door at night.In most cases a mother would look mortified that she had brought in a man that would stand at an 11 year old daughter's door at night and the daughter has been missing for weeks. But instead,she got defensive and her tone was more like,prove it.

apples and oranges and all that stuff...

but ya know... her friend said, and it was also reported... that she worked twelve hour shifts.

not to mention...

she is an lvn with a revoked license.. who cannot currently lay a hand on patients...

she is not a trained medical secretary..

doing what a ward clerk does..... entering orders, etc... this makes more sense to me and fits with everything else that has been reported

MOO

My solution would be to request and review BD’s file from the human resource department.

BD knows that her daughter feels comfortable enough to ask SA for $10.
BD doesn't know that HD feels uncomfortable about SA standing in her doorway at night?

BD sounds like a 13 year old when she talks. I wonder if her teens ever wished she would grow up?

A number of people have commented as you have, Canadian, about Hailey being scared about Shawn stalking her in her bedroom.

I just wanted to comment that it doesn't matter if Hailey was scared or uncomfortable with it, or if she was perfectly happy or delighted with it.

There is something gravely wrong when a 25 year old man is repeatedly stalking a little 13 year old girl in her bedroom in the middle of the night. It's sick. It's warped. It's a threatening, bizarre, huge red flag behavior.

I just wanted to bring the focus for a minute away from Hailey's feelings about it, and just focus on whether Shawn's behavior in and of itself is okay - because just standing on its own, it's not okay - it's a threatening, bizarre, extremely dangerous behavior. A behavior that if it happens even just once, you get the guy out of the house, you call LE and ask them to keep an eye on him, you get a restraining order, and you watch your little girl like a hawk (or you move out of the state).

My opinion.

Ugh, well I've just wasted about 20 mins of my life that I'll never get back watching the videos of SA that were posted on the find Hailey FB page. What the he$& BD ever saw in this guy is beyond me, and to let him spend any time near her kids, never mind ALONE with them, speaks volumes about her judgement IMO. Honestly, and it's not just because he's easy on the eyes lol, but CD comes across as Mr. once-in-a-lifetime catch compared to SA.

Believe me, I am not an uptight Puritan type. I'm pro-pot legalization (I know lots of responsible, mature people who grow/smoke it in the evening just like some enjoy a drink to wind down), I loved punk and grunge music, but at 25 years old (SAs age) I was married with 2 kids and had a mortgage. These guys act like they're still 14 years old and trying to be shocking so they can get a rise out of all the grown ups. I'm SO not impressed, boys.

Another disturbing thing was the completely casual use of anti-homosexual and anti-Muslim slurs in one or more of the videos. I don't want to get into politics, as everyone has their own views, and I myself am probably in the minority in that I pretty much fall somewhere in the peacenik-pinko end of the spectrum ( :) ) but I think that no matter what anyone's political/philosophical views are, we'd all agree that it just is WRONG to be so proudly hateful towards anyone like this!

I don't mean to get off topic, but watching SA and his friends act like this on these videos, it just makes me wonder what the heck is happening to some of our men in this country? Age 25? You've been a man for a long time, IMO, time to start acting like it. And women need to stop enabling and giggling over behavior like this.

Sorry for the rant, lol... I'm just floored thinking about poor HD and DD having to put up with this guys carpy behavior. No wonder HD was scared. kids were probably absolutely mortified as well. ugh!

Guys, just a question as to what would be considered a pill popper?

See, I have an anxiety/panic disorder and take xanax regularly... half of a 0,25 mg dose a day. It's a very small amount. I also take an anti-depressant for my anxiety. Would I be considered a pill popper because I take prescription medication??

Absolutely not. This is a very real illness that you need to keep in control just like anything else that needs medication to treat. I admire you for taking what you need for it. Have a big problem with depression sometimes myself and I have to take antidepressants sometimes. Pill poppers go doctor shopping and have RXs from all different docs and then graduate to getting it illegally AND they take waaaaaay more than this!

Ugh, well I've just wasted about 20 mins of my life that I'll never get back watching the videos of SA that were posted on the find Hailey FB page. What the he$& BD ever saw in this guy is beyond me, and to let him spend any time near her kids, never mind ALONE with them, speaks volumes about her judgement IMO. Honestly, and it's not just because he's easy on the eyes lol, but CD comes across as Mr. once-in-a-lifetime catch compared to SA.

Believe me, I am not an uptight Puritan type. I'm pro-pot legalization (I know lots of responsible, mature people who grow/smoke it in the evening just like some enjoy a drink to wind down), I loved punk and grunge music, but at 25 years old (SAs age) I was married with 2 kids and had a mortgage. These guys act like they're still 14 years old and trying to be shocking so they can get a rise out of all the grown ups. I'm SO not impressed, boys.

Another disturbing thing was the completely casual use of anti-homosexual and anti-Muslim slurs in one or more of the videos. I don't want to get into politics, as everyone has their own views, and I myself am probably in the minority in that I pretty much fall somewhere in the peacenik-pinko end of the spectrum ( :) ) but I think that no matter what anyone's political/philosophical views are, we'd all agree that it just is WRONG to be so proudly hateful towards anyone like this!

I don't mean to get off topic, but watching SA and his friends act like this on these videos, it just makes me wonder what the heck is happening to some of our men in this country? Age 25? You've been a man for a long time, IMO, time to start acting like it. And women need to stop enabling and giggling over behavior like this.

Sorry for the rant, lol... I'm just floored thinking about poor HD and DD having to put up with this guys carpy behavior. No wonder HD was scared. kids were probably absolutely mortified as well. ugh!

i am appauled how this mother has let her children be around this ""!!!!!

The first withdrawal was for $60.00 and the second withdrawal was for $80.00. It was determined through the voluntary interview and voluntary admission of Billie Dunn that the money was used to purchase illegal narcotics from a person in Scurry County, Texas. Dunn admitted that the illegal narcotics were for Adkins and herself.

GRACE: What about this? I know that you used your ATM twice in a row that Monday night when Hailey goes missing, one right after the next. Now, according to these police affidavits, illegal drugs were purchased. What`s the story, Billie?

BILLIE DUNN: I know. And I don`t want to get into it any more. I just want to clear things up. We did go to the ATM, and the reason there was two withdrawals is because I didn`t know how much money I had in there. I know we were broke. We pulled money out for gas, food, whatever. We did go to the north side of town for maybe 15 minutes just to stop by my mom`s house. And she lives on the north side of Snyder. And we came straight home.

and

GRACE: OK, Billie Dunn, I`ve got the police affidavit right here in my hand verbatim. I`ve got hundreds of pages of documents that we have combed through. And they say you used (ph) -- at 6:19, 6:20 PM, you withdraw $60, then $80 cash. It was then determined through a volunteer -- voluntary admission of you, Billie Dunn, the money was used to purchase illegal narcotics from a person in Scurry County.

BILLIE DUNN: Right. And I read that, too. The only narcotics I had were prescribed to me, and I even showed those to Priscilla to get them on tape.

GRACE: OK, so are you telling me that you got, basically, a refill of prescription drugs not from the drugstore? Is that what the illegal narcotic was?

BILLIE DUNN: No. I`m not even sure what day I got the prescriptions. I think it was before then.

This is not LE lying during in order to elicit information, which they have a full right through the Supreme Court to do, and which is an accepted investigative tool.

This is a LEO making a sworn statement in a SW affidavit. They have no permission legally to lie in a sworn affidavit, and it is an extremely rare thing that a LEO would do so.

I haven't seen any indication of pressure on LE to solve this case, that might influence a LEO to take the rare action of lying in a sworn affidavit.

I see no indications that the LEO made any kind of mistake typing up this section of the SW affidavit. That would have to be like mixing up this case with another case he's working on. Something like that. I see no indication of that happening.

What I do see is Billie, in her statements last night, is not only flat out lying about this event, but lying in a very slick and manipulative way. That is, deliberately, and slickly, avoiding answering directly about her drug run, and instead giving non-relevant answers.

Billie has a young, cute, innocent kinda thing going on, that I think she may have learned when young to use and exploit in order to attempt to manipulate others.

It's not working on me. It is clear to me that she knows exactly what she is saying, that she knows full well that she is lying through her teeth, and that she is doing so in a self-absorption to protect herself. She is putting herself before her critically endangered, and probably murdered child.

The other piece of 'evidence' I find that's damning, is her attempt to make herself appear like a sweet little mother, concerned about her child, looking in on her to make sure she was in her bed on that Monday.

Yet we know that this sweet little caring mother did not make any attempt for more than 24 hours to determine if her little girl was safe and sound, and made it to either place she supposedly said she was going. And this is a child who supposedly said she was going to walk the streets to not just one, but two different places.

This tells me that Billie knew full well that Hailey was not at her father's, and was not at her friend's, but that Billie knew exactly where Hailey was, and what had happened to her.

In other words, Billie didn't check on Hailey, because she knew Hailey *could not* be at either of those places. That only happens when someone knows exactly where someone is.

I'm not convinced that Billie harmed, or participated in harming Hailey, but I am most definitely convinced that she knows what happened to her, and where she is, whether alive or deceased.

I think Billie is covering primarily for Shawn, and also for herself for her role in Hailey's demise.

I am in great fear that Hailey has suffered a horrific death. At best, I think she was sold for drugs or sexual or sadistic sport. I hope she is alive, I hope she can be rescued, and I hope she can heal enough to be functional, if not happy. It breaks my heart that these are my highest hopes for this lovely child.

This is all just my opinion, based on the information from credible sources currently available in this case.

After reading this, I am beginning to believe the BD knows something about her daughter's disappearance and is covering for SA. I, too, was uncomfortable about her answer to NG regarding the drugs. If it were me, and LE lied in the affidavit, I would be adamant in saying "that's not true, I never told LE that, etc. etc." Instead, BD just deflects the answer.

IMHO, her response is damning.

And her flat affect (the way she reacts to questions and comments, especially negative ones about herself) is very troubling to me. I watch her react to and answer questions and I can't figure her out. I can only SPECULATE that either she is high or doped up with prescription drugs, or she's "a few cards short of a full deck", or she's got some kind of mental, emotional or personality disorder. To me, her reactions are off. I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but plead with her to come clean and stop trying to protect herself and SA. He's not worth it.

and

ITA! She's not only covering for SA, she's covering for herself and is equally guilty of whatever happened to Hailey. This is no abused or battered woman, in my very strong opinion. This is one twisted manipulative woman with skewed priorities and no moral compass. Being a straight up drug addict only enhances these problematic personal characteristics.

The continued NG appearances by BD (that never seem to focus on Hailey), the brazen and incriminating post-disappearance postings by SA on the MM site, the creepy you-tube videos posted in cyber world for all to see... I think these two crossed the line from fantasy to reality and now are playing out their roles and ensuring their place as notorious couple murderers on the true crime sites, along side their heroes. JMO and I respect all other points of view.

I hope Hailey is hidden somewhere and is found alive soon (slim chance, but clinging to it).

After reading this, I am beginning to believe the BD knows something about her daughter's disappearance and is covering for SA. I, too, was uncomfortable about her answer to NG regarding the drugs. If it were me, and LE lied in the affidavit, I would be adamant in saying "that's not true, I never told LE that, etc. etc." Instead, BD just deflects the answer.

IMHO, her response is damning.

And her flat affect (the way she reacts to questions and comments, especially negative ones about herself) is very troubling to me. I watch her react to and answer questions and I can't figure her out. I can only SPECULATE that either she is high or doped up with prescription drugs, or she's "a few cards short of a full deck", or she's got some kind of mental, emotional or personality disorder. To me, her reactions are off. I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but plead with her to come clean and stop trying to protect herself and SA. He's not worth it.

My daughter and I were watching NG last night. My daughter is 11. She said, "Momma, why isn't Hailey's mom crying? She doesn't seem sad at all. I don't understand. Her daughter is missing. You would think she would be more upset."

Even she noticed her flat affect.

I can get past the lack of crying/flat affect, and chalk it up to perhaps the effect of the anxiety meds she is on, but what really bothers me is the evasion of questions, the strange language, and the sense of complete denial I get from BD. As I said in an earlier thread, if she isn't involved somehow, she has perhaps the most extreme case of naïveté that I've ever seen.

I think (hope) we are talking about taking pills not prescribed to you...i.e. buying them illegally or obtaining them under false pretenses. I have to take script pain pills every day...it angers me what I have to go through and how I can't get what I need because of people doing just that.

Makes me angry too. Some people do not believe in post-partum depression (my neice's in-laws) and she has had it really bad with all three of her babies. She was embarrassed to go to a doc for help. Now that makes me angry. (the inlaws I mean)

I totally agree, and why isn't she begging for information to find her or someone to return her... making any pleas at all. Speaking to Hailey, telling her she loves her and they are looking for her, ANYTHING!!!! She doesn't even seem mad that her ex bf could be involved.

My daughter and I were watching NG last night. My daughter is 11. She said, "Momma, why isn't Hailey's mom crying? She doesn't seem sad at all. I don't understand. Her daughter is missing. You would think she would be more upset."

Even she noticed her flat affect.

Please stop discussing the FB and the YouTubes. We are working on creating a thread in the private forum and need to move the posts. If you guys keep posting about it, the mods will be up all night and will be very grumpy. :nono:

Thanks everyone! :grouphug:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125252"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Bumpity bump... :)

I don't know any "smart, intelligent" people who smoke pot. This is a comment I have heard alot by people who smoke pot in order to justify its use.

My little naive world came to a crashing halt when my son was busted 7 years ago for cocaine use. All the signs were there and I missed them. I ignored most of it, explaining it away in the recesses of my mind because I couldn't accept it. My son was brilliant....very high IQ, musically gifted. He has lost most all of that now and it started with the use of pot. He admitted as much to me one day early on in his addiction, saying, "Mom, I know pot is killing my brain. I just can't think like I used to anymore."

I say this because pot is a gateway drug. Most people who use pot go on to use harder drugs....drugs like pills (prescriptions that are being used illegally), cocaine, crack, crank, heroin, etc. Not all pot users will do other drugs, but most will.

So I am not surprised that this couple was buying narcotics. Its par for the course. Sadly, these people were not only druggies but also had some bizarre obsessions. A bad mix, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx