TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others, I'm just thinking about Shawn, a 26 year old man, walking off the job after 10 minutes on Monday, December 27th, and apparently not returning. I just summarized some info:

• Shawn first tells investigators he was fired from work on Monday, December 27th. Then he tells them he quit after an altercation with his supervisor.
  • Employer says Shawn was a good employee and had not been fired. Employer says Shawn did not have any altercation with supervisors on Monday. Records show he arrived at 6:00AM and left at 6:10AM, so he was there for 10 minutes.
  • On Monday, December 27th in the evening, Shawn and Billie withdrew $140 from the ATM and purchased illegal narcotics for themselves. At this point, Shawn had walked off his job that morning and was no longer working. And Billie later said they were broke. How was he expecting to support himself and his family after this?
  • We don’t know what Shawn did on Tuesday, December 28th in the morning or during the day. I don’t think he went back to work since Billie said on January 4th “he’s not working,” which seems to imply he did not return to work after Monday. Did he get up and pretend to go to work? Did he say he was going to call in sick? Did he return to his mom's house?
  • According to Redcat on WS, Billie told her that Shawn did not tell her about walking off his job until Wednesday, Dec 29th.
  • On Monday, January 3rd, Billie says that on Monday, December 27th, Shawn came home from work about 3:00 – or he got to her house about 3:00.
  • On Tuesday, January 4th, Billie says that on Monday morning, December 27th, Shawn went into work and there was an argument. He was fired or there was just a “big blow-up there." He walked out. She says she doesn’t know what the blow-up was about; she just knows he didn’t get along with one or two of the co-workers.
http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html
http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html
http://www.newswest9.com/Global/link.asp?L=471989

I think that SA wanted to enjoy his crime. By this I mean he wouldnt have just killed and disposed of her fast. I think he took time and went back to either kill or hide her. So kidnap her and spend time the night before, check into work that am and check on her after leaving work. He bought time by not telling Bilie he had "quit" To me the oddest thing in the timeline is showing up briefly at work...

I would like to know what happened on the 28th. Did SA leave for work that morning? What was BD's account for that morning....what did she say SA did? Supposedly she didn't know SA had quit at this time.

I do believe that any inconsistencies in the stories of that morning would be a sure tell sign of whether the both are involved.

I wonder what LE has in terms of cell phone pings that day etc.

Was shipped to his mom's house right? I would imagine that's where he kept them.

I find it strange he lived with Billie but had it shipped elsewhere:waitasec:

I have wondered where he kept all these creepy things and had them sent to.

Okay, I had lunch with my daughter and we talked about the case- I asked her if she had heard about missing SD's from the cam and she said she had read that from a man on the Find Hailey Dunn FB page and that he supposidly talked to the hunters but they didn't call it in but he did and there were boot prints around the cameras. As far as them being related, who knows-but who in the world would take the cards, if this is true. Anyways, the poster that revealed this SD information has apparently been searching non-stop and he also mentioned that SA's family has alot of land around Dunn and they frequently lease parts of it out to hunters..but we went online to scurry tax collection website-different than the county webpage and tried a search of various names that have been linked to SA and there's been nothing of use come up. The only thing we can think of is it could be in other last names we do not know of.

Maybe the land is listed under the name of a business since they make money leasing it out. Strange that the names wouldn't be there for tax purposes. Even if the original owner had died and willed it to an heir, taxes still need to be paid. Maybe someone into geneology could help us out with the names.

What is it called when the state owns the land but a homesteader has a 100 year lease? It is as if they own it but the state has the right to reclaim it later. Is that a real thing or am I totally mixed up? Anyone else heard of it?

BBM

This is where my head is at right now, too, and this is where I have a big problem.

I would like to give BD the benefit of the doubt, since her daughter is missing and this is a situation that is hell on a parent who has nothing to do with it.

However, I don't care right now if she is hurting, I don't care what her personality may or not be, and I don't care if she just WUVS Shawn so, so much. She needs to put HER aside and think about Hailey, and that means look at the facts. If Shawn somehow is not involved, there will be lots of time after Hailey is found to work it out with him.

But because of the things she has now done, guilty or not, she has, IMO, messed up her credibility. She may very well have seen Shawn that morning, they could have had breakfast together before he left for work, she could have stood at the door and watched him drive away, but how is LE to believe that and go from there? They have no choice but to look at everything she says with suspicion until they can back it up, which is a waste of time for them.

I know from reading an affidavit Shawn claimed to be 'the last' to see Hailey at 3:15, and I also know from reading an affidavit Shawn lied about where he went when he left work, and odds are huge he was at best alone with Hailey between 6:35 to 6:56 (?), and IMO, since I have this info, the odds are huge LE actually told this straight to Billie's face, and explained it to her in depth. She should be sitting with LE going over every minute of every day for the last 3 years with LE, not matter how irrelevant it may seem, to help them find her daughter, and I really hope that's what she is doing. If somehow it turns out Shawn is really innocent, he should understand how he has made himself look so guilty, and if he doesn't, why would she want to be with him anyway, as he pulls this crap during what should be the worst moments of her life.

Very well said. A simple thanks wasn't enough.

Hi all. I havent been here in a really long time, but this case has me interested. Even more so since reading of the hunting cameras. My hubby has been a hunter his entire life (oh whoa is me! lol) and has a camera like the one mentioned. I need to go back and read more about this but one thing I do know about these cameras...the flash cannot be mistaken. Someone tromping around out in the woods at night, IF they tripped it, would be startled and then the camera would be easy to find. Otherwise they are well hidden. <modsnip>

Jaime, can these camersa be accessed remotely? Is it possible that the person who removed the card was recorded as they removed it, which could be viewed by accessing the recordings from the website? I'm guessing that everything that happened up to the moment the card was removed would have been viewable. Obviously, I am not up on the latest electronic gadgets!

Very well said. A simple thanks wasn't enough.

BBM

This is where my head is at right now, too, and this is where I have a big problem.

I would like to give BD the benefit of the doubt, since her daughter is missing and this is a situation that is hell on a parent who has nothing to do with it.

However, I don't care right now if she is hurting, I don't care what her personality may or not be, and I don't care if she just WUVS Shawn so, so much. She needs to put HER aside and think about Hailey, and that means look at the facts. If Shawn somehow is not involved, there will be lots of time after Hailey is found to work it out with him.

But because of the things she has now done, guilty or not, she has, IMO, messed up her credibility. She may very well have seen Shawn that morning, they could have had breakfast together before he left for work, she could have stood at the door and watched him drive away, but how is LE to believe that and go from there? They have no choice but to look at everything she says with suspicion until they can back it up, which is a waste of time for them.

I know from reading an affidavit Shawn claimed to be 'the last' to see Hailey at 3:15, and I also know from reading an affidavit Shawn lied about where he went when he left work, and odds are huge he was at best alone with Hailey between 6:35 to 6:56 (?), and IMO, since I have this info, the odds are huge LE actually told this straight to Billie's face, and explained it to her in depth. She should be sitting with LE going over every minute of every day for the last 3 years with LE, not matter how irrelevant it may seem, to help them find her daughter, and I really hope that's what she is doing. If somehow it turns out Shawn is really innocent, he should understand how he has made himself look so guilty, and if he doesn't, why would she want to be with him anyway, as he pulls this crap during what should be the worst moments of her life.

I am not disagreeing with you, but I think about thr BTK killer who had a wife and family and know one knew until he was caught. There are other serial killers who masqueraded themselves and fooled everyone. Scary, that one can find themselves in this position. Me and my girlfriends now do background checks and www.google.com the men they date. We laugh but underneath I think we know that it is necessary because you can present yourself as anything and anyone and then one day you may windup on Websleuths.

I would like to know what happened on the 28th. Did SA leave for work that morning? What was BD's account for that morning....what did she say SA did? Supposedly she didn't know SA had quit at this time.

I do believe that any inconsistencies in the stories of that morning would be a sure tell sign of whether the both are involved.

I wonder what LE has in terms of cell phone pings that day etc.

Yep, I would love to see the phone pings from this day! Do we have any facts for/from the timeline on the 28th?

Had to go check my eyes....I'm good. :great::great::great:

Also, wanted to add that at werk (co. detention facility) quite a few of the "guests" have the Sanpaku in their eyes.

I am not disagreeing with you, but I think about thr BTK killer who had a wife and family and know one knew until he was caught. There are other serial killers who masqueraded themselves and fooled everyone. Scary, that one can find themselves in this position. Me and my girlfriends now do background checks and www.google.com the men they date. We laugh but underneath I think we know that it is necessary because you can present yourself as anything and anyone and then one day you may windup on Websleuths.

BBM

We run criminal backgrounds, while at werk, on the men we date. ..........shhhh ..... don't tell anyone. LOL Rather be safe than the "Bombshell Tonight" on NG.

I just don't understand why they haven't executed a warrant to search SA's mother's house/land. I just can't get past the missing memory cards from those wildlife cameras. Surely they have sufficient evidence that he has come and go rights at her place... :confused:

I'm right there with you on this....we have those cameras at our lease and they do take good night time pics too...I will try to get a pic of a night time shot on here....not sure if I know how?.....

Attachments

• Gary's Deer Feeder 066.jpg
    Gary's Deer Feeder 066.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 60
I'm right there with you on this....we have those cameras at our lease and they do take good night time pics too...I will try to get a pic of a night time shot on here....not sure if I know how?.....
WOW !!!!

Thank you so much! They are clearly dated and time-stamped as well.

Lord I wish we knew more about this.

True but was the BTK killers wife still seemingly standing behind him twenty odd days later?

Thanks for sharing this! So interesting. I had not heard of of this before. I also ran in to check mine and then called my son in to check his, lol. Now, I will be scoping everybody I know out looking for Sanpaku eyes! :)

Does SA or BD have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member