TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF one of us could ever get through to NG by phone....what questions would you most want asked of BD?

Mine would be:

1. The illegal drugs=are you suggesting LE is lying in the affidavits? If not and you are now going to admit---what kind of drugs were you buying? (I don't think this is just for curiosity--certain drugs can cause a host of abnormal behavior. For example...Meth causes some serious paranoia, which could lead to harming someone whom you thought was going to turn you in or who you thought might be feeding info to LE about your use, regardless how unrealistic. I worked with a client (a recovering meth addict) whose bf at the time became convinced one night she was an informant for police. He made her strip down to her underwear to prove she was not wearing a wire and then became convinced that the "thong" part of her underwear was a police wire (scary, but kinda funny when she told me about this story later). She called a family member to pick her up, because she was scared he was going to hurt her that night because of this supposed wire in her underwear.) They don't think rationally on this drug and it wouldn't be out of the question to suggest that something like this could have happened depending on the drugs. The types of drugs used that night might play a role and I believe ARE important.

2. Why did HD switch schools and live with friends/family members at times? Knowing this could give us more insight into what was happening in that home (if we were able to get an honest answer)....was it SA? Her fear of him? Sexual advance? Who knows? I'd like to.

3. Did BD participate in the mask wearing? Did SA or BD ever wear the masks in front of the kids? Where did he kept them? Could the kids easily see them? I think this could certain be a reason for HD to be fearful. Also, if he was wearing them around the kids, was he the type to try to scare the kids with them for kicks? This could go to the motive that he was acting something out and had that mask on when *something* happened.

What would your questions be?

Okay this one is easy...

Where did SA tell BD he was on Tuesday the 28th?!?! Did he get up and pretend to go to work and why didn't he give her a ride home that day since he was supposed to be working in Snyder. What did he tell her about that day?!? I can't believe we can't get this question answered because I think it's key to where HD might be.

I sure hope he had his phone on that day and LE knows where he was.

I just noticed something in the timeline about DD texting MB to tell Hailey to come home and the text is not responded to but he calls and the phone is answered. :waitasec: Or did he have to look up the home phone number to call?

Is there an issue with MB's phone regarding texting? MB claims she had no contact with HD but yet LE has confirmed that at least one text was sent.

So confusing. :waitasec:

That could very well be! I just added a line to my cell phone for my Mom and set up just talk time and blocked texting, camera, and internet. At 85 y/o she just needs basic and would be lost with anything else.

I can see where a parent with a limited budget would do the same with a teen. HD would have known MB couldn't receive texts also. Probably SA would not.

Also a few threads back I commented that I think LE knows who sent the text due to the pings and someone said texts could be sent to a cell phone from a computer. That could very well be why LE also issued a search warrant for his mom's computer.

No one has actually said or implied that the text on BD's phone was actually TO MB, have they? No one knows for sure who the text was sent to, correct?

WOW! things are moving fast!

Does anyone know if NG wis featuring HD again tonight?

Does anyone have a transcript of have something I can read for the 911 calls?? I cant listen on the website. Maybe another link?

Maybe I'm crazy or just weird, but I dont get certain levels of loyalty. If my own sainted mother was accused of a crime I would look at her sideways. I've had a friend for 17 years and if her kid came up missing I would listen objectively. She asked me about this case and what would I do if one of her kids came up missing. I looked her in the eye with all seriousness and told her, "yeah, I would suspect you or your husband first". She was kinda miffed, but oh well. Thats how I roll. I dont put anything past anyone. If things don't add up yeah, I'm looking at my friend. Its not hard for me to do so. Once the dust has cleared and her story seems credible or if her kid's killer is found then we can be cool again. Other than that I told her she can hate me forever, but I don't want to be associated with a murderer. Plain and simple.

I'm not saying BD has anything to do with HD being missing or she doesnt. Its JMO that she does have a problem with the truth and if BD was such a great friend/mother/gf/witness she would tell EVERYONE the truth so LE can get a better understanding of where to focus this case.

I bumped into this article while looking for the altercation mention-- there's some great quotes from neighbors etc. Kind of piqued my interest because of what cz was saying last night...

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

I remember reading that and this stood out to me as well (Maxwell is the teacher) (BBM):

But one thing that they do know is that the Hailey, the one who tells Maxwell with an intense sincerity each day that she loves her, would be unlikely simply run away from problems — or probably, anyone at all.

“They’d have to be pretty stout,” Maxwell said. “She’s a sweet little girl, but she was always very tough. If she needed, to she could probably take half the boys in this school. I’d want her on my side.”

That's one reason I don't think she was snatched off the street. Not to say that tough people can't be taken, but I just think someone would have seen or heard something. I think she was drugged and taken out of the home, or lured somewhere. MOO

Yes I am quoting myself :crazy:
BUT
Now that I think about it maybe SOME people DID KNOW (other than HD) that MB didn't have text and thus knew she wouldn't answer via that method.

Can I ask how we know MB doesn't have text? I've seen photos she's posted from a phone that looks like a blackberry.

IF one of us could ever get through to NG by phone....what questions would you most want asked of BD?

Mine would be:

1. The illegal drugs=are you suggesting LE is lying in the affidavits? If not and you are now going to admit---what kind of drugs were you buying? (I don't think this is just for curiosity--certain drugs can cause a host of abnormal behavior. For example...Meth causes some serious paranoia, which could lead to harming someone whom you thought was going to turn you in or who you thought might be feeding info to LE about your use, regardless how unrealistic. I worked with a client (a recovering meth addict) whose bf at the time became convinced one night she was an informant for police. He made her strip down to her underwear to prove she was not wearing a wire and then became convinced that the "thong" part of her underwear was a police wire (scary, but kinda funny when she told me about this story later). She called a family member to pick her up, because she was scared he was going to hurt her that night because of this supposed wire in her underwear.) They don't think rationally on this drug and it wouldn't be out of the question to suggest that something like this could have happened depending on the drugs. The types of drugs used that night might play a role and I believe ARE important.

2. Why did HD switch schools and live with friends/family members at times? Knowing this could give us more insight into what was happening in that home (if we were able to get an honest answer)....was it SA? Her fear of him? Sexual advance? Who knows? I'd like to.

3. Did BD participate in the mask wearing? Did SA or BD ever wear the masks in front of the kids? Where did he kept them? Could the kids easily see them? I think this could certain be a reason for HD to be fearful. Also, if he was wearing them around the kids, was he the type to try to scare the kids with them for kicks? This could go to the motive that he was acting something out and had that mask on when *something* happened.

4. To BD. Exactly what was said when SA threatened to kill you and your daughter ! And what were you fighting about when this statement came up? Also did Your daughter hear this statement being made.

5. Has it dawned on you that from the 911 #2 call on 2/14/10 and you said "he says he is going to kill me and my exhusband, and it will be something to be remembered for a long time.... have you wondered if SA used HD to get at you in the most hurtful way he could?

Mine would be:

Good questions, and everything is relevant. Drug use questions are going to come up, as well as abuse for behavioral analysis. I think Nancy will focus on the 911 calls and the search today. I just hope LE has got enough ducks in a row to arrest SA.

Cd has offered to be polygraphed, but LE has declined it. At least, that is what CD said on Nancy Grace. Not sure what day and I can't look through the transcripts.

Thanks, for some reason I think it would be SOP to poly both mother and father. Just for the sake of putting to rest any speculation that might occur.

JMO

I wonder why LE would not take Clint up on his offer and just get him polygraphed. That makes no sense, parents should always be asked to take a LD.

I know whenever my husband calls in sick to work, he immeidately shuts off his phone for the night...he doesn't want any of his work friends calling to see if he is really sick, etc...

So, a cell phone/blackberry/Iphone will not ping if in Airplane mode...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081222102135AAuoGh9

eta: a quote-- "it does not send impulse signal back, so if the sats might be able to send to it but its not going to respond (cellphones normally ping the nearest cellphone tower in some interval of time). This stops the pings and does not allow for electrical interference. You basically cannot receive a phone call or send a phone call, but maybe a text may come through if you are still near the cell tower that it last pinged. If you leave that towers range then its just good for games and stuff.

* 2 years ago

Can I ask how we know MB doesn't have text? I've seen photos she's posted from a phone that looks like a blackberry.

We don't know for sure but it was said that when DD texted MB to tell HD to come home that it wasn't answered. Just trying to figure out what happened with the 2pm text. Could be wrong of course :)

Thanks.
"Garcia said she never let her daughter spend the night at the home again.

Later, she said that her daughter told her that Dunn had expressed a desire to move in with her birth father, which Garcia said her daughter indicated led to a family altercation around Christmastime."

As in a few days before Hailey went missing?
I am assuming MB's mother meant Christmas 2010.

I have said from the beginning there was something that happened prior to the 27th and I believe this altercation was the catalyst. Unfortunately it may have been the reason why Hailey may have been thought of as a runaway.

Also:
“The last few weeks, perhaps month, she was living with her Dad because she doesn’t like the boyfriend,” Byerley said, referring to Adkins.

as well as this other tidbit:
Billie Jean Dunn said she met on the social network site MySpace.

“I know he yelled at her,” she (BD) said of Hailey’s relationship with Adkins, though she said she knew of no accusations of physical or other abuse."
but then we read the affidavits and hear the 911 calls.

Agreed, has anything else been said to corroborate this? What happened over Christmas? We know with the Casey Anthony case, Cindy and Casey got into a huge fight prior to Caylee's disapperance.

Whew...just tried to catch up from last night. What a roller coaster! Just my thoughts and then I will start anew for the day:

- I don't like NG putting so much focus on the acid last night. Gets too easily interpreted into fact or even something of imporatance (when in fact it may not even come in to play in the whole thing!!)
- I don't believe for a second that IF SA was involved with this that he used sulphuric acid to dispose of a body. IF he did something at the home, it could be possible the shed was used in some capacity.
- I still haven't jumped on the BD 'was part of it' group. (Wildmala running for cover now) I just can't see it. I know she doesn't say the right things and her thinking is off to a lot of us...but that doesn't mean she did anything. I don't see her having knowledge of what happened to her either. I think IF she has any info, it's perhaps more about treatment of her and HD in the past by SA.
- I am so curious as to where BD's cell phone pinged from when the 2pm text was sent. I mean, if it is released that it was from the area of SA's mom's house...WOW. BUT also, if it was from CC...that could definitely make the 'SA dunnit' timeline a little more tighter and maybe impractical?? Just my thoughts!!
- I think if she was seen with a younger boy than GREAT. I would think IF this was really the case, LE would know by now. I can't imagine a 7 yr old in CC not mentioning to others (not just their parent). So LE would have heard of it by now (I hope).

I wanted to add something about the supposed text message WRUD.

I have sent people text messages and they have not gotten them for some reason. Or they have gotten them a lot later than when I have sent them.
I have had occasions where my battery was dead and when I charged the phone messages came through.

The parents of missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn have not given hope. Far from it.
Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, said Wednesday there's one primary message she wants out: "We're looking for a living, breathing little girl. We're not looking for a corpse."
She made this statement through a spokesperson, a family friend who answered the door
at her house in Colorado City. Billie Dunn has not spoken directly with KTXS since KTXS first released the law enforcement affidavits last week.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26542518/detail.html

and another snip:

Clint Dunn thanked the volunteers in a brief emotional moment of prayer and encouragement. The search volunteers call themselves "Hailey's Angels."
Clint Dunn later said he is meeting with a private investigator Wednesday, and also with a psychic, to pursue any possible new leads.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26542518/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member