TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a cell phone/blackberry/Iphone will not ping if in Airplane mode...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081222102135AAuoGh9

eta: a quote-- "it does not send impulse signal back, so if the sats might be able to send to it but its not going to respond (cellphones normally ping the nearest cellphone tower in some interval of time). This stops the pings and does not allow for electrical interference. You basically cannot receive a phone call or send a phone call, but maybe a text may come through if you are still near the cell tower that it last pinged. If you leave that towers range then its just good for games and stuff.

* 2 years ago

The only Phone i've had with airplane mode is my android.

Agreed, has anything else been said to corroborate this? What happened over Christmas? We know with the Casey Anthony case, Cindy and Casey got into a huge fight prior to Caylee's disapperance.

Well, the 911 calls illustrate the level a "fight" with Shawn can go-- threats to kill. mo

Thanks nurse! Either of those could be very possible but I would tend to lead then towards the provider did not service the area he was in. It seems he has no other interruptions in service that day and I honestly don't think he's smart enough to remember to take the battery out so it didn't ping.

Just an idea,
I wonder if BD can think of places he would normally go to hunt and if she could remember when he went. Possibly they could check his cell phone pings around those times and see if there is the same interruption in service? Might give them an idea of where he was from 6:56-9:38 that morning.

BBM

This has been my opinion as well. In my business I have lots of people with cell phones all over the country, and a lot of times one person has service and another one doesn't. Once, my husband and I were in FL. vacationing with the same service provider, same phone plan, and identical phones bought 2 months apart. I had service, and his phone kept going in and out.

I'm not a ping expert, but I assume if a phone is not letting you make or receive calls, it would effect the pinging of the phone.

When did CD move across the street?Was it after the threats? Unusual unless he did not trust BD"s judgment.

According to Reporter News, Hailey's biological father, Clint Dunn, said he and Hailey's mother had plans for Hailey to move in with him in the future yet had no comment as to why. “I had to work hard to get to be a half a block away so I could see her from my back door,” he said. “I tried to stay as close to her as I could.”

One might question why Hailey's father wanted to live where he could see her from his back door. Did Hailey possibly confide in him about her homelife with her mother and step-father? Or was he simply a protective father who wanted to be near his daughter?
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...om-step-dad-of-hailey-dunn-missing-texas-teen

I know this is quoted in a MSM story (examiner not MSM), but this link popped up first ...

So, a cell phone/blackberry/Iphone will not ping if in Airplane mode...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081222102135AAuoGh9

eta: a quote-- "it does not send impulse signal back, so if the sats might be able to send to it but its not going to respond (cellphones normally ping the nearest cellphone tower in some interval of time). This stops the pings and does not allow for electrical interference. You basically cannot receive a phone call or send a phone call, but maybe a text may come through if you are still near the cell tower that it last pinged. If you leave that towers range then its just good for games and stuff.

* 2 years ago

It won't ping if it's turned off either.

I can't believe Billie said the word "corpse"...that would be the last thing to come out of my mouth...

The parents of missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn have not given hope. Far from it.
Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, said Wednesday there's one primary message she wants out: "We're looking for a living, breathing little girl. We're not looking for a corpse."
She made this statement through a spokesperson, a family friend who answered the door at her house in Colorado City. Billie Dunn has not spoken directly with KTXS since KTXS first released the law enforcement affidavits last week.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26542518/detail.html

and another snip:

Clint Dunn thanked the volunteers in a brief emotional moment of prayer and encouragement. The search volunteers call themselves "Hailey's Angels."
Clint Dunn later said he is meeting with a private investigator Wednesday, and also with a psychic, to pursue any possible new leads.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26542518/detail.html

Groan...I hope Clint is getting the "psychic's" help for free.

I wondered when the psychics were going to show up-- :heartluv:

Billie could benefit from a crash course in "Desiree " about now...i.e. how to address the issue of your missing child and the possible suspect...

I wondered when the psychics were going to show up-- :heartluv:

IMO They're like vultures, they always show up during national cases...and not a SINGLE one has EVER found a lost child.

I'm wondering if the "Boyfriend" she didn't know about had something to do with the blow up at Christmas time?

B. DUNN: She had a boyfriend that I didn`t know about, about three weeks ago, for a short time.

GRACE: How old was he?

B. DUNN: He was 13 also.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

Well that was definitely a short relationship. She had a "boyfriend" for what...a week? All elementary school kids do this. Why would BD think this information is relevant but calling the police on her own boyfriend regarding death threats to herself and members of her family is not. :waitasec:

Well, the 911 calls illustrate the level a "fight" with Shawn can go-- threats to kill. mo
I keep going back to BD saying to HD on NG ! Hailey if you just come home we can fix whatever is wrong etc..... Don't have the link to that, but IMO that indicates that somebody had words about something, be it BD and HD, or all 3 BD,HD and SA !
One more thing, I cannot shake this ! Susan Smith being so enamored with a boyfriend that she made the choice to get rid of her two children , so she and this guy would have a chance:

Yep, she has said "fix what's wrong" a couple of times........she knew there was a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoftyGoalGirl