TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple months ago I accidentally texted my husbands work number instead of cell after about 3 hours i got a message back saying something along the lines of "Undeliverable-check to see if this is a landline" we have verizon.

This is good to know!! I sent it using my Blackberry, and I'm on Verizon. If I get a similar message I will let you all know!

He is likely not DP qualified which, IMO, is what SA will utlimately need when this is all said and done. Remember, this is Texas!!!

I doubt he is DP qualified. I've seen some Tarrant County cival cases he is involved in. Not many criminal do civil.

Although, my ex hubs used a well know Tarrant County DP attorney for our divorce since he was a very good friend of the family. The case was always postphoned because of his criminal cases. Took me two years to become divorced...

But, if he refused a swab they would have to get a search warrant and show probable cause to get it (4th amendment thing). We haven't heard anything about him giving one up-he could have refused.
:twocents:

Of course....any DNA they took from him, IMO, they would take it with a search warrant so that come trial there would be no dispute about it.

I really wonder why or how the LE got these POI and I quote from the paper "close and former associates of Adkins" . They have to have something don't they ? To add them to the POI list.

Imo, that describes the cousin succinctly.

Dear Barbie,
I talked to David yesterday and he said it would be fine to run the missing poster for Haily Dunn. We would have done it immediately if there had been an Amber Alert issued which there never was in this case. I have come to understand that this is a criminal investigation which makes me very sad. I will start running the poster today. If there is anything we can do to help we would be glad to. This is very sad and my heart goes out to that poor father. It will be up today.
Thanks
C.C.M.
Not sure if I could post her full name, so just initials here....but I wanted to say that I think it is so sad that there was not an Amber Alert for Hailey....although, I do realize the state has certain criteria they have to meet........

I do not know the link because it was in the Dallas Morning News Paper but at the end of the story it said Betsy Blaney, The Associated Press.

Imo, that describes the cousin succinctly.

except it was said he is in another state (New Mexico) and didn't visit for the holidays.

or maybe that alibi fell apart?

Is there a picture some where I can look at?

Just google images for buccal swabs, I did and there are a variety of pics, some with what I guess could be referred to as "containers". They are small, but I guess you could see one in a hand.

I think he "hid" her for good on Tuesday when we have no idea what he was doing......I think that time frame is probably the one that really makes him look guilty, which is why no one wants to discuss it. Could he have "hid" her behind grandma's? If she's an older lady (going out to see what he is doing), she probably wouldn't have payed much attention to what he was doing, especially if she's used to him coming and going. Hid her there on Monday and moved her Tuesday.

I think he moved her. I hope this wasn't another case of hiding someone in a trunk until finding a better place, aka Caylee. :(

Interesting... snip..

This is really interesting considering that none of her friends are claiming to have heard from Hailey at all that day.

Is that true? I have been really curious about that.

I have a lot of experience with 13 yr old girls. Believe me, if they have a day of from school, and a cell, they will be communicating with some friends. I have a hard time believing in the sightings of her walking around if she had not been texting or calling any local friends. If my kids, at 13 years old, were going to walk to the corner market they were going to call and see who was wanting to meet them. 13 yr old girls are highly social.

Is that true? I have been really curious about that.

I have a lot of experience with 13 yr old girls. Believe me, if they have a day of from school, and a cell, they will be communicating with some friends. I have a hard time believing in the sightings of her walking around if she had not been texting or calling any local friends. If my kids, at 13 years old, were going to walk to the corner market they were going to call and see who was wanting to meet them. 13 yr old girls are highly social.

You're right - the only one I recall seeing for sure is about MB, and she's denying that she heard from Hailey at all that day.

ETA: Although I do think that if someone else had heard from here via text, LE would have said that before now. Interesting that they're saying a text was sent but no reports of anyone coming forward saying a text was received.

One of the most incriminating factors pointing to SA's guilt is walking off the job on 12/27 and pinging in CC when he says he was at mom's in Big Springs. What will his defense lawyer say about that:

1. He forgot/needed something at BD's and had to go pick it up before he left for mom's. He picked it up, ate a bowl of cheerios, and hit the road. He didn't see Hailey because he assumed she was sleeping and she was fine when he returned at around 3 p.m.

2. He was buying drugs from someone off the street; he doesn't know the guy; he was with a prostitute and doesn't know her name.... just because he was in CC doesn't mean he was a Hailey's house... Unless they can put a name to it, won't work, but defense attorneys always try the mystery alibi witness when all else fails...

As to why he left without an explanation in the first place, that's gonna be good. Endless creative excuses a defense attorney can come up with, can't wait to hear them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne