TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens to even experience SAR personnel. It's a terrible feeling.

I agree, except I think I am thankful that he didn't find him, I can't imagine how traumatic that would have been.

Oh my ... please lock it up. What if somebody taps into your wireless connections and starts downloading *advertiser censored* through your isp - you are the one that is going to be investigated. Please for your own safety lock it down - if anybody needs wifi they can go to the nearest internet cafe or somewhere else. Please for your own safety.
Not to mention: Most service providers require that customers agree NOT to share their connections, and you might get in trouble with them.

Do we know for an absolute fact that Hailey left that house at 3:15 on Dec. 27
or are we taking the word of SA on that? Who saw her???? NO ONE!! Right?

She never got to her Dad's house across the street!

How do we know Hailey told SA she was going to sleep over at MB's?
That's only his word!

The only other person to see Hailey alive that day was the neighbor at noon
in the back yard on the phone.

She hasn't been seen or heard from since noon on Dec. 27th. Isn't that right ?

Oh my ... please lock it up. What if somebody taps into your wireless connections and starts downloading *advertiser censored* through your isp - you are the one that is going to be investigated. Please for your own safety lock it down - if anybody needs wifi they can go to the nearest internet cafe or somewhere else. Please for your own safety.

and hacking.........like your bank, passwords

tribal_red_9pz9_2tg9.jpg

there are a few other types as well http://www.oilfieldgift.com/Oilfield_Gifts_Safety.html

Here in NEW JERSEY we call them sunglasses :)

Hmmm....anyone close to this case an oilfield worker?

I think there are a lot of oil field workers in Texas. Plus, those sunglasses looked to me like the ones DH wears - and he's about as far away from an oil field as you can get. Of course, they could be brand-specific to a company that just makes oil-field glasses.

Mitchell County is in the Permian basin....so it's a good chance that anybody who knows anybody has connections to the oilfield industry in some way.

ETA: if y'all are ever out anywhere close to Midland & interested in oilfield history, equipment etc, check out the Permian Basin Museum...it's very interesting.

(well, it was to me because almost everyone in my family has worked in an oilfield-related industry, including me. :) )

Do we know for an absolute fact that Hailey left that house at 3:15 on Dec. 27
or are we taking the word of SA on that? Who saw her???? NO ONE!! Right?

She never got to her Dad's house across the street!

How do we know Hailey told SA she was going to sleep over at MB's?
That's only his word!

The only other person to see Hailey alive that day was the neighbor at noon
in the back yard on the phone.

She hasn't been seen or heard from since noon on Dec. 27th. Isn't that right ?
Honestly I'm not even sure if we have gotten confirmation that the neighbor's information was reliable. When was he asked? Was it the day after or 6 days later? It makes a difference.

and hacking.........like your bank, passwords
Yep! Mine was unsecured when I first got my wireless router, and someone got into a couple of accounts, changed my log-in info, etc. Fortunately I figured out what was up before they made it to bank accounts, etc.

We watched BD on Nancy Grace last night. Then we just heard law enforcement say she wasn't given any results. Talked it over with my husband (a retired police chief) and he also said BD was telling the truth. He said LE is not allowed to tell anyone results, but will sometimes to try to break the person into a confession. IMO
I found her to be very believable, but maybe LE doesn't know who told her.

sheath and glases were on Find Hailey's FB hours ago but thought it was another rumor.

All kinds of people wear safety glasses. Oakley sunglasses which are sold world wide are safety glasses.
First would be to see if this knife was stolen from some place. Men are very possessive about their knives and sunglasses. They wouldn't just accidently leave it somewhere. Well, most wouldn't. MOO

oh no, watching cottonbowl.......is Hailey on NG tonight?
Running to other TV!

Honestly I'm not even sure if we have gotten confirmation that the neighbor's information was reliable. When was he asked? Was it the day after or 6 days later? It makes a difference.

If we could get confirmation that she was on mom's cell phone at the time the neighbor claims to have seen her, it would be dandy!

When I used to work for a gardening company, the crew wore glasses like that as well.

ITA, ITA...

With a password "cracker" someone can hack into your personal computer and access everything... especially if you don't have an adequate firewall.

Also, as elepher mentioned, any illegal activity accessed is from your network and you could be investigated. (For example, a pedophile who wants to chat with a child and not have it be traceable to them, could cruise around to find unsecured connections. The owner of the wi-fi appears to be the one communicating)
According to my DH you could get caught in a situation where it is very, very difficult to prove that you are not the culprit.

Sorry for the O/T, but I feel that many of us are vulnerable technology-wise~!

It is not stealing... it must be UNsecured at owner's own settings. I know we leave ours open in case anyone needs it.

That is a very sweet gesture, but as the others have said you really should lock it down. It leaves you vulnerable on multiple fronts. Even the hotspots that allow you to connect for free generally require you to identify yourself to some degree and click the agree to legal use box (for their own protection when people download child *advertiser censored* on their connection.

Ok, I am not going to go crazy yet that SA got a lawyer; who knows what LE has told him, he is clearly the last person admitting to have seen her before she vanished, he has been told he failed a LD...so he might be feeling very insecure and took the advice of a friend or family to get help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic