TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
totally understandable being blonde myself and more than overtired

i truly do need to know though from the locals if there are close oil and gas wells that emit toxic gasses that are monitored?

More than likely... that gas is monitored on all wells isn't it?

I can't imagine anyone trying to put anything into a oil well - it's not something anybody would just go out to & take the head off...there's dangerous gases too - part of the danger of working on a well.

Here's a pic of a oil well head from a field near Midland TX (not too far from C-City).

wellhead3web.jpg

and here's one of a gas well head where you can see the pumpjacks in the background (what pumps the oil from the well).

gaswellhead2web.jpg

Depending on the field, there may be one well, or lots of them....there's waste pits, too.

I've never really thought of them as dangerous, although the pits are yucky looking so never had any desire even as a kid to go anywhere near them.

there's more pics here

http://www.energyindustryphotos.com/Photos of Oil and Gas Well Heads.htm

Me..Me...I can help here! LOL!

TxMist you're exactly right! (Easily excited about stuff like this) :innocent:

I'm a safety engineer and work for "The world's largest energy company in the world"...please don't sleuth me - I'm kidding---anyway, just wanted to put the slogan out there instead of outright name it---they're (my company) is funny like that---they'd be calling me "the blogger who talks about our property in CCity"...LOL!

There is no possibility of anyone falling into a oil or gas well. The wells are sealed off w/ well heads like these pics that TxMist posted. The greatest threat posed by these types of wells are potential toxic gases.

However, there are monitors placed in throughout the field locations and these wells are checked by workers daily, who also wear gas detection monitors when in the field.

We have over 100 wells in Mitchell County (CCity) that look like these and are checked at least 2 x / day - thus the reason I was so adamant about getting the right flyers out to my peeps! LOL

Now - I can't post this w/out saying that there are a lot of dangers in the oilfield, however they are primarily when drilling new wells. The leading injuries for children when playing in the oilfield are associated with "pump jacks"...these are the things that look kinda like "horse"- kids often times unlock gates and/or crawl over fences to play on these - (I admit---I was a stupid Oklahoma kiddo who did this at one time) - which is very, very, very dangerous---I am not going to attach any pics of these types of accidents, because they're horrific, but I encourage everyone who is around any field w/ pump jacks to look at the recent pump jack incident involving a child in Oklahoma city - you can google it - and you will never, ever, ever forget how dangerous they can be.

But, if Hailey were to have met w/ any danger such as these, it would have been discovered by now, as there are mandatory federal and state requirements for checking this equipment at minimal intervals for all oil/gas companies - so there's absolutely no way that it would not have been discovered by now.

Oh and the "oil field glasses" - never in my years in oil and gas have I ever heard them called that but ...they are safety glasses / goggles that are required for anyone working or visiting oil field locations. I am surprised they only found 1 pair - I usually drive through and spot at least 3 pair. They aren't as ugly as they used to be --- in fact I just got made fun of today for showing off my 2 new pair of little leopard print and cutesy pink ones! So yes, they could easily be mistaken for regular sunglasses these days!

HTH---and didn't put you all to sleep! LOL

i think i mean more the wells shown in the earlier pictures are these wells that emit toxic gasses that are monitored?

They may be since west TX wells tend to have the smelly hydrogen sulfide.

I know I can smell the big concentration of wells outside Big Spring (driving from Sterling City) before I even see them. Whew - stinky!

quick ? are any of these wells that have sour gas emissions from them?

that emit toxic and potentially deadly gasses?

It depends on the fields - there are some fields in W. Texas w/ H2S or "sour gas"; but they are heavily monitored, as required by federal and state guidelines.

In the event that there was an inadvertent release, we would unfortunately probably see multiple deaths, from individuals close to the area and/or exposed to these emissions when driving through to check the wells, go home or elsewhere.

HTH

AJK - what is the name of the road from Forsan to Colorado City? I wonder if that road is being searched? Also, is there any water in the river in town?
uhh its southside 163 to 2183 and all the way to the end is a road to turn left or right right goes to im thinking coahoma never went that way but the other way you go to sandsprings by turning right on that road and if you keep straight you get on hwy80.

I'm thinking the search areas were probably chosen from cell phone pings. I think this even more so since one of the LE's said something to the effect of figuring out where Hailey is means figuring out where she is not... Maybe trying to rule out some places? The cell phone ping areas? The area around the neighborhood?

Me..Me...I can help here! LOL!

TxMist you're exactly right! (Easily excited about stuff like this) :innocent:

I'm a safety engineer and work for "The world's largest energy company in the world"...please don't sleuth me - I'm kidding---anyway, just wanted to put the slogan out there instead of outright name it---they're (my company) is funny like that---they'd be calling me "the blogger who talks about our property in CCity"...LOL!

There is no possibility of anyone falling into a oil or gas well. The wells are sealed off w/ well heads like these pics that TxMist posted. The greatest threat posed by these types of wells are potential toxic gases.

However, there are monitors placed in throughout the field locations and these wells are checked by workers daily, who also wear gas detection monitors when in the field.

We have over 100 wells in Mitchell County (CCity) that look like these and are checked at least 2 x / day - thus the reason I was so adamant about getting the right flyers out to my peeps! LOL

Now - I can't post this w/out saying that there are a lot of dangers in the oilfield, however they are primarily when drilling new wells. The leading injuries for children when playing in the oilfield are associated with "pump jacks"...these are the things that look kinda like "horse"- kids often times unlock gates and/or crawl over fences to play on these - (I admit---I was a stupid Oklahoma kiddo who did this at one time) - which is very, very, very dangerous---I am not going to attach any pics of these types of accidents, because they're horrific, but I encourage everyone who is around any field w/ pump jacks to look at the recent pump jack incident involving a child in Oklahoma city - you can google it - and you will never, ever, ever forget how dangerous they can be.

But, if Hailey were to have met w/ any danger such as these, it would have been discovered by now, as there are mandatory federal and state requirements for checking this equipment at minimal intervals for all oil/gas companies - so there's absolutely no way that it would not have been discovered by now.

Oh and the "oil field glasses" - never in my years in oil and gas have I ever heard them called that but ...they are safety glasses / goggles that are required for anyone working or visiting oil field locations. I am surprised they only found 1 pair - I usually drive through and spot at least 3 pair. They aren't as ugly as they used to be --- in fact I just got made fun of today for showing off my 2 new pair of little leopard print and cutesy pink ones! So yes, they could easily be mistaken for regular sunglasses these days!

HTH---and didn't put you all to sleep! LOL

so there are toxic ones but are checked at least once a day? if not twice? sorry i have a very specific reason for asking and am very familiar with oil/gas wells and the possibility of falling in/not falling in etc or being around tanks that store the oil/gas

and the fact that they are checked at least daily is terrific to hear but are there any around their specific home? my reason for asking is that i knew someone that got to close to one and well the outcome was not good

uhh its southside 163 to 2183 and all the way to the end is a road to turn left or right right goes to im thinking coahoma never went that way but the other way you go to sandsprings by turning right on that road and if you keep straight you get on hwy80.

??? Thanks... ha ha... could be a blonde thing!

MOO Le brought BD into the station to plead her to keep quiet. I believe the one reason why this case is now getting a lot of attention is because BD is talking. The media is so use to the family members not sharing information and only can rely on LE that most don't do anything but put out there what LE states.

BD has done a great job so far, she does need a spokes person because she could say something to tip off any potential perp. It is good she is giving information but she has to be careful what and how much details she is giving.

We all want to know as much as the mom, but we also know the more we know, so does any perp.

I am also confused as to which night the brother was NOT at home-Monday or Sunday? I think it was Monday.

The door-to-door searches gave me chills today, because it seemed so terribly late to be canvassing. That is what you do first, as soon as a crime or missing person is reported. Getting accurate info from people 12 days later, when some were on vacation, some just going back to work, all distracted, will not be easy. I'm not even sure that the person who claims to have seen H on the phone around noon on 12/27 can be trusted to be accurate, if H was often on the phone out in the yard.

And with a relatively (compared to say, Portland) low # of RSO's, they should have all been checked immediately, not still be checking on them, as was stated today.

Again, just airing frustration, not ripping into LE. All any of us want is whatever it takes to find H and I know that goes for LE as well.

Very interesting theory. I can see very well how that may have happened.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328246

I hope I pasted that correctly.

I find it very odd choice of words that someone that lives in a home with a child and knows the little girl would say tha:

"I would never do anything to that little girl," said Shawn Adkins, boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, "I love her with all my heart"

that is very odd that he would refer to her as "that little girl". He is living in the household and in contact with her everyday.. why not just call her by her name.. especially being in the same sentence that "I love her with all my heart"

I can not help but keep thinking about that quote and statement. It seems as if he subconsciously seperating himself the family bond but at the same time saying love's her with all his heart.. very confusing statement. The "that little girl" bothers me alot. I really think it is subconsciously leaving her actual name and replacing with "that little girl" is a way to in his mind make her not so real that he did somthing.

C&P

I heard that same sentence in another case:banghead: Does make you go hmmm

It depends on the fields - there are some fields in W. Texas w/ H2S or "sour gas"; but they are heavily monitored, as required by federal and state guidelines.

In the event that there was an inadvertent release, we would unfortunately probably see multiple deaths, from individuals close to the area and/or exposed to these emissions when driving through to check the wells, go home or elsewhere.

HTH

have these areas been checked? i would say within a certain range?

I'm thinking the search areas were probably chosen from cell phone pings. I think this even more so since one of the LE's said something to the effect of figuring out where Hailey is means figuring out where she is not... Maybe trying to rule out some places? The cell phone ping areas? The area around the neighborhood?

Don't pings come off of towers... There is probably only one in that whole town. Everyone goes outside in different areas to talk on their phones. Maybe, someone knows how to get the info on how many towers are in Colorado City.

AJK - what is the name of the road from Forsan to Colorado City? I wonder if that road is being searched? Also, is there any water in the river in town?

I am not AJK, however I can be of assistance to you since this area is virtually in my backyard. The road from Forsan heading east is FM 821. This road will take you to Interstate 20 between Westbrook and Coahoma. This stretch of road is surrounded by oil field locations and wide open range for cattle. FM 821 also intersects with FM 2183 this road will take you to Hwy 208 about 19 miles from Colorado City. FM 2183 has about 4 residences, Hyman cemetary and the old Hyman church (what is left of it) along with wide open range for cattle with very few oil field locations. Anyway hope that helps. And to the best of my knowledge this area has not been searched.

Sorry I meant Hwy 163. The highway from Sterling City to Colorado City. Hwy 208 is from Colorado City to San Angelo. Way too many backroads!!!!

I am also confused as to which night the brother was NOT at home-Monday or Sunday? I think it was Monday.

The door-to-door searches gave me chills today, because it seemed so terribly late to be canvassing. That is what you do first, as soon as a crime or missing person is reported. Getting accurate info from people 12 days later, when some were on vacation, some just going back to work, all distracted, will not be easy. I'm not even sure that the person who claims to have seen H on the phone around noon on 12/27 can be trusted to be accurate, if H was often on the phone out in the yard.

And with a relatively (compared to say, Portland) low # of RSO's, they should have all been checked immediately, not still be checking on them, as was stated today.

Again, just airing frustration, not ripping into LE. All any of us want is whatever it takes to find H and I know that goes for LE as well.

HE was at a friends on Sunday the 26 and arrived home at approx. 5:00 on the 27th . Hailey was last seen at 3:15 on Monday the 27th

Are the billboards on I20 on both the E and W sides?

Yes they are and the advertising company that owns most of them has put up pictures of Hailey. My daughter went to Odessa and saw several of them tonight coming from Big Spring. I believe I heard a news report saying they were as far east as Abilene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx