TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
why it took so long for LE to swoop in on MF, if they had evidence fairly early on in the investigation that HB was last seen 'willingly' entering a vehicle with her.
Do we know that she went straight back to Houston and was readily accessible to LE? Is it possible she stayed in a hotel? Moo. Especially since she “gave birth”. Is it like.y she wanted to be gone a day or two? Moo
The time bothers me too. The only thing I can think of is that they just couldn't find her.
Ditto. And her vehicle paperwork has her elsewhere.
Did anyone know where she lived? I don’t think so.
Not anyone still alive. Moo

DEC 19, updated DEC 21, 2019
‘Close friend’ of missing Austin mom found dead booked in jail, was plotting to take her baby: Sources
[…]

The discovery and arrest comes after around a dozen officers from the Texas Rangers, Texas Department of Public Safety, FBI and Austin Police Department were at the scene of the house in northwest Harris County on Thursday as part of the investigation into the case.

During a press conference on Friday afternoon, officials said when they arrived at the residence on Bo Jack Drive near Jersey Village, they found a person and detained her.

A search warrant was then reportedly issued for the residence and carried out by Austin police and other authorities. That's when detectives found a baby and a dead woman inside a car.

KTRK reported that medical examiners pulled the body from the home shortly after 12 a.m. on Friday morning. KTRK said police initially went to the home because they were interested in a car in the backyard.

[...]

At this point, it's all clear as mud to me :)

We've been told that LE questioned SC somewhat vigorously about MF days before HB and baby M were located. I'm guessing this was before the "lead" came in. We're assuming it was difficult for LE to locate her due to not changing her address with the DMV, yet when news broke while her friend Caressa was "dishing" on Jay is 4 Justice, she immediately knew that the house on Bo Jacks drive was where MF lived. Would make sense if they questioned SC about MF that they would also question some of HB's other close friends, especially those that knew MF.

So, if LE were onto MF and already on SC's case about her, could one of HB's many friends who knew SC was being questioned about MF and knew about MF's recent "birth" have put two and two together and sent in a "lead" (with info on MF's address or her link to CG) which necessitated a "welfare check" at that particular address? If Caressa knew where she lived, other friends may also have been aware?

Just a thought.
ed: punctuation

Last edited:
KTRK reported that medical examiners pulled the body from the home shortly after 12 a.m. on Friday morning. KTRK said police initially went to the home because they were interested in a car in the backyard.
^^sbm

I've long wondered if anybody actually complained and/or reported a death stench coming from the parked vehicle.

We've been told that LE questioned SC somewhat vigorously about MF days before HB and baby M were located. I'm guessing this was before the "lead" came in. We're assuming it was difficult for LE to locate her due to not changing her address with the DMV, yet when news broke while her friend Caressa was "dishing" on Jay is 4 Justice, she immediately knew that the house on Bo Jacks drive was where MF lived. Would make sense if they questioned SC about MF that they would also question some of HB's other close friends, especially those that knew MF.

So, if LE were onto MF and already on SC's case about her, could one of HB's many friends who knew SC was being questioned about MF and knew about MF's recent "birth" have put two and two together and sent in a "lead" (with info on MF's address or her link to CG) which necessitated a "welfare check at that particular address?" If Caressa knew where she lived, other friends may also have been aware?

Just a thought.

I suspect that Tim Miller knew that LE was questioning SC specifically about MF when he contacted MF himself.

Although Tim allegedly did not suspect MF of anything other than being HB's best friend, I think it's possible MF provided Tim her address.

Tim's been know to work closely with LE and I wouldn't be surprised if he shared his notes with the detectives on his conversation with MF including her address.

MOO

I am usually researching and reading all posts. I don't want to go against TOS. MF has many siblings, right? From what I read she is very manipulative. Would she engage a family member to help her with the supposed new baby and then somehow the plans go crazy and an innocent person is involved? Moo. And speculation of course

FWIW, I have not read any info about her family members- no quotations, no statements, no comments to the press, positive or negative.

Image-from-iOS-10-5.jpg

Thanks for the repost of that image. I was thinking in the helicopter shot that the baby might be at her feet, but this photo shows something else was in that position.

I know in the case of HFD the police always responds for fire department calls. Cy-fair Volunteer FD is much busier than most volunteer FDs they service a densely populated area. People here consider Jersey Village still essentially Houston but It’s not serviced by the city. HFD is spread pretty thin. I wouldn’t get stuck on the volunteer FD responding. It’s just like regular FD responding (Most FD’s in Texas provide the EMS services in the large metro areas here). If someone called 911 and asked for an ambulance this is who they would get for that address.

Could CPS have gotten involved because the ambulance was called for Magan’s psych issue and she refused to go. Then the FD called CPS social worker to check on the kid. Or the CPS call was initiated by police. CPS here I feel rarely responds the same day unless initiated by the hospital/ or LE. I’m a medical provider familiar with CPS. If someone calls CPS for instance and feels the kid is in immediate danger CPS will call LE to make contact ASAP. Also if she took the kid to the hospital or doctor and left against against medical advice. Usually hospitals have to call CPS who will send LE to the house to do a well check and encourage the parent to send the kid back, if the hospital is truly concerned EMS is called to pick the kid up or CPS worker will come take the kid to ER. (From my experience this brings me to the conclusion that possibly a well check was initiated after (Margo or Magen) made some sort of contact with some sort of healthcare provider, ... this is my working theory... I may be wrong however).

Last edited:

So, if LE were onto MF and already on SC's case about her, could one of HB's many friends who knew SC was being questioned about MF and knew about MF's recent "birth" have put two and two together and sent in a "lead" (with info on MF's address or her link to CG) which necessitated a "welfare check" at that particular address? If Caressa knew where she lived, other friends may also have been aware?

Just a thought.
ed: punctuation

Actually Caressa didn't immediately know who lived there. Couldn't think of anyone that they knew that lived in Houston. It wasn't until someone in chat found the baby registry with CG and MF's (under Humphrey) names that it 'clicked'.

I suspect that Tim Miller knew that LE was questioning SC specifically about MF when he contacted MF himself.

Although Tim allegedly did not suspect MF of anything other than being HB's best friend, I think it's possible MF provided Tim her address.

Tim's been know to work closely with LE and I wouldn't be surprised if he shared his notes with the detectives on his conversation with MF including her address.

MOO

IIRC Tim said he talked to MF on Sunday, she was the first friend he contacted. SC's friend said that when the FBI got involved, they were 'drilling' him about MF and he (SC) couldn't understand why. I think the FBI got involved on Monday/Tuesday.

Went back into the media thread and the first mention of the FBI was on the 16th (Monday night), I believe it was Tuesday we started to get photo's of thte FBI near the apt. complex and knocking on doors.

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE NO DISCUSSION

So I don't think Tim had any clue that they were asking SC about her when he talked to her because I don't think they were asking him about her at that time. JMO Plus, Tim has said he didn't suspect a thing. If he had known they were asking SC about her, I think he would have heard that conversation differently, or would have been more sceptical. Again, JMO.

IIRC Tim said he talked to MF on Sunday, she was the first friend he contacted. SC's friend said that when the FBI got involved, they were 'drilling' him about MF and he (SC) couldn't understand why. I think the FBI got involved on Monday/Tuesday.

Went back into the media thread and the first mention of the FBI was on the 16th (Monday night), I believe it was Tuesday we started to get photo's of thte FBI near the apt. complex and knocking on doors.

TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE NO DISCUSSION

So I don't think Tim had any clue that they were asking SC about her when he talked to her because I don't think they were asking him about her at that time. JMO Plus, Tim has said he didn't suspect a thing. If he had known they were asking SC about her, I think he would have heard that conversation differently, or would have been more sceptical. Again, JMO.

While Tim Miller is a friend to LE, he does not get involved with a case unless he's contacted by the victim's family. That said he spent significant time with SC and likely had his confidence. Tim does not attempt to investigate the crime but offers himself as a tool to LE to locate the missing person and let the chips fall where they lay. He's definitely one of the good guys. MOO

Looking for the article I saw earlier today which said there were two cars at the residence where the body and baby were found. Having trouble locating it, but found this one which refers to cars in plural. Will keep looking.

Austin police Detective Brad Herries said that after receiving numerous tips, a lead was generated this week that led to a "location of interest" in the Houston area. He said investigators zeroed in on a residence and detained a person outside the residence Thursday, and then obtained a search warrant to search the cars and residence.

Missing Austin Mom Found Dead Was Strangled, Baby Is Safe, 1 Arrested: Police

Forgive me if I have missed past posts about this, but I had thought it was the couple's apartment door that HB had left open? In this article, HB's fiance is quoted as saying she left her car door unlocked, and that her purse and carseat were still in the car.

“Everything was like she was home,” Carey told FOX 7. “I mean that’s why I thought she was at her friend’s house…..Her car seat is upstairs, her purse is upstairs, her ID, wallet; there are no signs of her taking the baby. She would never leave her car door unlocked. Her car door was unlocked. So that’s a weird sign.”

Update: Suspect arrested for kidnapping Heidi Broussard was a ‘close friend’ who pretended to be pregnant at same time, police say

Well , they were searching for a baby, they would have busted right in. I reckon they had doorbell cctv footage before they got there and probably quite a bit more knowledge of the perp and the circumstances too. They would have known she lied to them. Most likely they knew Heidi and baby traveled in her car to somewhere. It's quite possible they had been watching her house for some time before they made the raid.
I wonder what led them to the vehicle and whether it was the first or last thing they searched?
They stated earlier on that they believed mother and baby to be alive.
Is it possible they considered that H had possibly some post natal depression and decided to go to be with her alleged best friend to spend some time? Something as innocent as that?
That she may have gone more than willingly, trustingly..
It's possible that was the reason that Shane heard the grim news of her discovery on TV rather than in person from a member of LE?
Every question that arises involves a trawl of heavy mud, feels like.
They thought they knew HB wasn't there because they talked to MF after seeing she was the last person HB talked to. Then MF talked to friends and family, even Tim Miller.

When they saw MF's car on surveillance is when they started putting it together...IMO

They thought they knew HB wasn't there because they talked to MF after seeing she was the last person HB talked to. Then MF talked to friends and family, even Tim Miller.

When they saw MF's car on surveillance is when they started putting it together...IMO
That was fairly early in the investigation, IIRC? Sure seems to have taken them long enough to have put it together. And why would they show up at the house withOUT a search warrant?

Forgive me if I have missed past posts about this, but I had thought it was the couple's apartment door that HB had left open? In this article, HB's fiance is quoted as saying she left her car door unlocked, and that her purse and carseat were still in the car.

“Everything was like she was home,” Carey told FOX 7. “I mean that’s why I thought she was at her friend’s house…..Her car seat is upstairs, her purse is upstairs, her ID, wallet; there are no signs of her taking the baby. She would never leave her car door unlocked. Her car door was unlocked. So that’s a weird sign.”

Update: Suspect arrested for kidnapping Heidi Broussard was a ‘close friend’ who pretended to be pregnant at same time, police say

There was so much discrepancy in the reports that I watched only the videos of SC and my recollection is that he found the apartment door wide open, HB's vehicle unlocked, and all of HB and Margo's things inside the apartment including her purse, identification, baby bag, and car seat. The only things that appeared missing with HB and baby were HB's phone and her keys.

MOO

At the time when officials first received the 'welfare check' request, they may have had no idea that it involved HB or her baby, or a kidnapping, or a murder, or any risk at all.. otherwise, they would've sent police and not 'volunteer firefighters', imho. It seems like this whole thing must have unfolded right while this 'welfare check' was being done, and it just kept going from there?
It's not actually a volunteer fire department anymore, but the name has been around since the 60's, I believe. They were a rag tag team back then. Jersey Village has a fire departnebt as well, so confusion there
SmartSelect_20191230-112321_Chrome.jpg SmartSelect_20191230-112333_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
A little upthread we were wondering if perhaps CG was inside the home when CPS arrived, and that he had possibly let them in? I found this article saying that CG was not at the home when the body was discovered:

Green is thought to have no connection with Broussard and was not at the home when her body was discovered.

Friend who 'kidnapped' Heidi Broussard's baby told neighbors girl's name name was 'Luna Mae' | Daily Mail Online

Yeah, his car wasn't in any of the helicopter views in the afternoon.

To this day, we have seen the baby being removed from the house at night, yet nada anywhere from media as to when the body was removed from the trunk, body bag removed etc. which we usually see in high profile cases where media is on the street as they were in this case.

I'm trying to recollect at what time the coroner was said to have come, but I think was night/pm. If indeed they had the body found immediately, why were they sitting on the back porch as I would expect that she would have immediately been taken away if/when the body was discovered. IOW, the body was removed after that discussion on the porch and was at night when they got a search warrant MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly