TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not actually a volunteer fire department anymore, but the name has bee around since the 60's, I believe. They were a rag tag team back then. Jersey Village has a fire departnebt as well, so confusion there.View attachment 222941

I don't think that's correct. According to its website, Cy-Fair VFD/EMS is one of the largest VFD's in the country and is comprised of a combination department utilizing both volunteers and paid crews. I looked this up right away when trying to understand why CPS called them to do the welfare check at the residence.

It doesn't to me. One of the first things they did should've been to send baby to hospital for a check, not two and a half hours after entering, after waiting apparently HOURS to gain entry. imo.
At that point, when they first arrived, they were just investigating. They had no solid proof at the initial moments to seize a woman's child and rush it to the hospital. If the child looked in distress then I am sure they would have done so.

But if she was happily, calmly sitting in her baby seat and there were no apparent medical issues, I think they'd have to gather needed evidence to legally take the child away and to the hospital. They had to give MF time to show them the birth certificate and medical records, etc. Which she couldn't do...

It doesn't to me. One of the first things they did should've been to send baby to hospital for a check, not two and a half hours after entering, after waiting apparently HOURS to gain entry. imo.

I don't believe that any party delayed seeking medical attention for baby Margo. At the time LE entered the residence MF was claiming the infant was her own child.

Reportedly, LE had a lead for the Bo Jackson residence where they believed they might find MF. They arrived around 8:15 pm and based on the investigation and observations found probable cause to seek a search warrant for both the residence and the vehicles at the scene.

CPS contacted Cy-Fair VPD/EMS to the home around 10:56 pm where they located baby Margo and took her to the hospital.

A judge won't sign a warrant on a hunch -- probable cause is required to search a residence, vehicle, etc..

Infant found at Harris Co. home as authorities investigate missing Austin mom Heidi Broussard & baby

Last edited:
Gotcha. Yes, it does seem that it took some time for them to move on the baby but did they suspect that it was Margo at that time? Supposedly, MF had a newborn also, and was insisting that Margo was hers.

Maybe they gave her a chance to prove the baby was hers and when she couldn't, then they called? I dunno. This is probably going to be one of those things we have to wait to find out about.

Sorry I misunderstood your earlier post. :) MOO
I think you are correct. I actually think the timing all makes sense. LE likely called CPS to the scene shortly after they made entry into the home around 8:30 and it could have taken 1-2 hours to get a CPS case worker on scene at that time. CPS would have then had the baby removed from the home when LE determined a crime had been committed and MF was being taken into custody. Which appears to all be around the time they received the warrants and made entry into the vehicle. Up until that point I have no doubt LE on scene were taking good care of baby MC while MF was being detained. Then she was transported to a hospital where DNA testing could be done and she could safely be held until a foster family was secured. MOO

I also remember reading that LE stated a second baby was not found. That leads me to believe LE initially expected to find two babies in the home. And therefore one was still missing. They likely spent some time in search of a “missing baby”. Moo

Actually Caressa didn't immediately know who lived there. Couldn't think of anyone that they knew that lived in Houston. It wasn't until someone in chat found the baby registry with CG and MF's (under Humphrey) names that it 'clicked'.

If I’m not mistaken Caressa didn’t even have MF’s ph #, expressing she also didn’t know how MF got hers. I got the impression the three were not close friends (Caressa, HB, MF).
Idk of MF went straight home after picking HB/MC up. What was MF’s birth date? Imo, she needed to be gone a certain amount of time, even if using a birthing center. Anyone heard of she used 12/12 as dob for her delivery date?

I think you are correct. I actually think the timing all makes sense. LE likely called CPS to the scene shortly after they made entry into the home around 8:30 and it could have taken 1-2 hours to get a CPS case worker on scene at that time. CPS would have then had the baby removed from the home when LE determined a crime had been committed and MF was being taken into custody. Which appears to all be around the time they received the warrants and made entry into the vehicle. Up until that point I have no doubt LE on scene were taking good care of baby MC while MF was being detained. Then she was transported to a hospital where DNA testing could be done and she could safely be held until a foster family was secured. MOO

It would take some time to get a coroner/ME on the scene as well. In a city the size of Houston they have many calls, imo.
I once was tied up on the interstate for hours due to a multi car pile up. The ME office could not get to the scene as they were dealing with another equally bad accident in a dif’ part of the county. Moo

DEC 19, updated DEC 21, 2019
‘Close friend’ of missing Austin mom found dead booked in jail, was plotting to take her baby: Sources
[…]

The discovery and arrest comes after around a dozen officers from the Texas Rangers, Texas Department of Public Safety, FBI and Austin Police Department were at the scene of the house in northwest Harris County on Thursday as part of the investigation into the case.

During a press conference on Friday afternoon, officials said when they arrived at the residence on Bo Jack Drive near Jersey Village, they found a person and detained her.

A search warrant was then reportedly issued for the residence and carried out by Austin police and other authorities. That's when detectives found a baby and a dead woman inside a car.

KTRK reported that medical examiners pulled the body from the home shortly after 12 a.m. on Friday morning. KTRK said police initially went to the home because they were interested in a car in the backyard.

[...]

They really need to fix their headline on this article! I thought it meant Megan was found dead in Jail.

Image-from-iOS-10-5.jpg

This photo makes sense of LE seemingly somewhat randomly being interested in a car in the backyard of a house in Houston. The weather was nice the week HB was kidnapped. Very nice. Perhaps the neighbor who took this shot over the fence smelled something while they were enjoying our warm winter days, smoking a brisket etc., heard the baby and called in the CPS tip or even a 311 call about the smell.

I always wondered how they randomly became interested in what had to be an aerial view of a car at a house in Houston. At 70 degrees & sunny, it can be 113 degrees inside a car. That was not a good situation.

High temps:
Dec 12: 63
(kidnapped)
Dec 13: 75
Dec 14: 73
Dec 15: 82
Dec 16: 79
Dec 17: 55
Dec 18: 55
Dec 19: 57
(found)

I don't think that's correct. According to its website, Cy-Fair VFD/EMS is one of the largest VFD's in the country and is comprised of a combination department utilizing both volunteers and paid crews. I looked this up right away when trying to understand why CPS called them to do the welfare check at the residence.

They probably just called 911. When you do that here, you are asked "fire, police or EMS?" But in reality if you ask for EMS, you're getting the medics on ambulances from the closest fire hall. That's where they are all stationed if they're not rolling. The dispatcher will just notify, and the closest available medics will go to do the welfare check. They weren't calling that team directly, if that makes sense.

And I say seemingly randomly because to my knowledge, there's no public association between MF and that address.

I found absolutely none. I do think by a certain point they identified MF as a person HB “willingly” left with but could not locate MF. Just because Caressa, Tim & others spoke with her on the phone does not mean she was home or anyone knew her home address. I still find it curious LE expressed interest in black suv & wonder of MF picked HB up on the suv, later transferring her to the silver car.
I’m also totally confused as to where HB was found. I realize place of death is the trunk but I see msm reports stating “removed from the house”. House-property-car=Same? Moo

Last edited:
I think about time FBI utilized their CARD unit they were onto MF just couldn’t locate her. And we see these crimes, they are not unheard of, so upon learning about HB’s “pregnant, due at the same time, velcroed (my word) to HB during pregnancy friend”, could be CARD was dispatched to find MF. I don’t think MF was on anyone’s radar, by anyone I mean in Heidi’s social circle. Otherwise, I think they would have located MF sooner.

Last edited:
Honestly, MF is soooooo dif’ in appearance, I think I could stand next to her and not recognize her if using her first mugshot as a reference. Had she made the FBI most wanted list & her previous mugshot was hanging in my post office, I’d never get 4 from 2+2. That is how drastic her physical appearance is for me. Moo

Honestly, MF is soooooo dif’ in appearance, I think I could stand next to her and not recognize her if using her first mugshot as a reference. Had she made the FBI most wanted list & her previous mugshot was hanging in my post office, I’d never get 4 from 2+2. That is how drastic her physical appearance is for me. Moo

Or the social media post photos vs. mugshot.

I don’t think MF was on anyone’s radar, by anyone I mean in Heidi’s social circle. Otherwise, I think they would have located MF sooner.

Agree - since SC and the other friend never put it together until the arrest was happening, and then still seemed in disbelief - that's how six days went by with no one in Houston. In that sense, her fake pregnancy worked according to plan.

Or the social media post photos vs. mugshot.

For sure! Looks like she had the cheap clip in blonde extensions, imo.
Heck possibly she worked diligently at altering her appearance. We don’t know what she looked like when she picked HB up. She could have had extensions & looked somewhat dif’. Moo

Yeah, his car wasn't in any of the helicopter views in the afternoon.

To this day, we have seen the baby being removed from the house at night, yet nada anywhere from media as to when the body was removed from the trunk, body bag removed etc. which we usually see in high profile cases where media is on the street as they were in this case.

I'm trying to recollect at what time the coroner was said to have come, but I think was night/pm. If indeed they had the body found immediately, why were they sitting on the back porch as I would expect that she would have immediately been taken away if/when the body was discovered. IOW, the body was removed after that discussion on the porch and was at night when they got a search warrant MOO
‘Close friend’ of missing Austin mom found dead booked in jail, was plotting to take her baby: Sources
KTRK reports that medical examiners pulled the body from the home shortly after 12 a.m. Friday morning. KTRK said police initially went to the home because they were interested in a car in the backyard.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly