TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CPS didn't call them to do a welfare check. All I was saying earlier was Cy-Fair VFD is not a traditional volunteer fire department like people think of - they now have 300 paid employees and 200 volunteers - and a $23 million budget.

This is from a media report:
"Baby Margot was found alive and well in a swing inside the home. An ambulance took the baby to the hospital. According to Cy-Fair Volunteer Fire Department, she didn't have any obvious injuries, but Child Protective Services called in requesting an evaluation."

That paragraph was thrown together but it says nothing about a welfare check. Police found Margo after entering w/search warrant, called CPS or they were likely already there waiting - CPS asked for an evaluation because it becomes part of their investigation. JMO based on police presser.

Maybe a medic unit from Cy Fair was called to take Margot to the hospital.
Some articles did in fact mention a "welfare check."

"A welfare check on a home in the Houston area resulted in Margo's recovery and the discovery of Broussard's body in the trunk of a vehicle."

Baby Margo reunited with father days after being found with mother's body

Sorry, but no way in the world would this happen. The body is the biggest and most important piece of evidence in any murder case. MOO
I wasn't suggesting they pulled her out of the trunk and threw her on the kitchen floor. If, as someone said, it was wrapped in a tarp, IMO, it (tarp) would need to be at least partially removed in order for the ME to examine.

Preserving the body and any evidence it might peripherally contain is, of course, most important, that's why there are body bags and body sheets. With such a high profile case, with helicopters and cameras everywhere, a body might be moved to a discreet area for further examination after all recording, photographs, etc., are taken.

My point was simply this could be the reason some said the body was removed from the house. I have no idea, that information hasn't been released.

All JMO based on various cases and research

edited to add this local station (00:51), saying the body was found inside the home, according to Heidi's mother. So, who knows why tge media is all over tbe place.

Last edited:
Checking addresses on internet people finder type sites, it appears that MF has always lived in the Houston metroplex area. The camp where they met many years ago is halfway between Houston and Austin. I believe it primarily serves a wide range of churches and religious organizations of the Gulf region. JMO

HB's other bestie, SN, who has been very vocal on both social media and MSM, stated on MSM that she also met HB and MG at the same camp in Columbus, Texas. A Google search revealed only one active camp near Columbus, but it has been operational for many, many years and is exactly the kind of large camp experience that mixes similar kids from different states. IMO
BTW, it looks like a fun place!
Discovery Camp – Discover The Difference.

At last-- verifiable information on the church camp where the suspect and victim met. It was not "Discovery Camp" as posted above.

Missing mom found dead near Houston, baby daughter safe, longtime friend arrested

Dec 20, 2019

The camp Fieramusca and Broussard once attended is known as the Texas Bible Institute.

The sprawling, rural property is located in Columbus, Texas.

KXAN crews stopped there on our way to Houston.

A spokesperson there did confirm the pair attended Texas Bible Institute in the mid-2000’s.

“We can confirm they were students,” she said, “Unfortunately there’s nothing else we can say about her, other than our thoughts and prayers are with the family.”

If anything, IMO HB might have been strangled in the house then transferred to the trunk *if the rumor about the tarp is true*. Do you know where the tarp was even mentioned?
@KCmetwo and @Trudie have posted here about the tarp and I think both were going to look for a link but I haven't seen it. The only other place I've seen it mentioned was in a comment (random person with no knowledge of the case, from what I can tell) on a tweet. Could also have come from FB but I wouldn't know - I don't follow there. MOO

A spokesperson there did confirm the pair attended Texas Bible Institute in the mid-2000’s.

“We can confirm they were students,” she said, “Unfortunately there’s nothing else we can say about her, other than our thoughts and prayers are with the family.”

Heidi was 33 years old and would have been 19 in 2005.

I thought that HB and MF met at the church camp when they where 11. That would be 1997.

This case sure has a lot of conflicting information coming out in the media. JMO.
Missing mom found dead near Houston, baby daughter safe, longtime friend arrested

I wasn't suggesting they pulled her out of the trunk and threw her on the kitchen floor. If, as someone said, it was wrapped in a tarp, IMO, it (tarp) would need to be at least partially removed in order for the ME to examine.

Preserving the body and any evidence it might peripherally contain is, of course, most important, that's why there are body bags and body sheets. With such a high profile case, with helicopters and cameras everywhere, a body might be moved to a discreet area for further examination after all recording, photographs, etc., are taken.

My point was simply this could be the reason some said the body was removed from the house. I have no idea, that information hasn't been released.

All JMO based on various cases and research

edited to add this local station (00:51), saying the body was found inside the home, according to Heidi's mother. So, who knows why tge media is all over tbe place.
Sorry if I was not clear - see BBM below to which I was responding.

I'll try to explain it in another way; it would be contrary to protocol for LE to move the body prior to the ME's arrival for a number of reasons, one being trace evidence.

Usually, they'll erect a tent to avoid helicopters when necessary. They would not move the body into the house and risk cross-contamination of evidence.

Again, SOP is to preserve the scene and not disturb anything. MOO
Perhaps she was moved from the trunk if she was wrapped in tarp (not at all sure about tarp), and placed inside the house so ME could dtermine time of death and detectives could process her and the trunk.

@KCmetwo and @Trudie have posted here about the tarp and I think both were going to look for a link but I haven't seen it. The only other place I've seen it mentioned was in a comment (random person with no knowledge of the case, from what I can tell) on a tweet. Could also have come from FB but I wouldn't know - I don't follow there. MOO

I don’t FB, I read it the night HB was found but have not found the tweet again, afaik it was not a random person, it was a reporter. Moo

I don’t FB, I read it the night HB was found but have not found the tweet again, afaik it was not a random person, it was a reporter. Moo
If it's the same one I'm talking about (see link below) the TWEET from the reporter did not mention the tarp. That came from a random person in the comments. MOO

Jessica Willey on Twitter

Some articles did in fact mention a "welfare check."

"A welfare check on a home in the Houston area resulted in Margo's recovery and the discovery of Broussard's body in the trunk of a vehicle."

Baby Margo reunited with father days after being found with mother's body

"Lt. Daniel Arizpe, earlier said that a 1-month-old was found safe at the home in Jersey Village just before 11 p.m., but the identity of that infant was not released. Officials could be seen carrying a car seat to a vehicle Thursday night."
<Snip>
"Arizpe said a call about a child, who was later taken to a hospital, came from Child Protective Services. He said the baby had no obvious injuries, but he did not provide any other details."

According to ABC, LE entered the house at 8:15 PM, which is the time Margo was found, not 11 PM. At that time CPS would probably already have been on the scene to be prepared to investigate and take possession of Margo.

At last-- verifiable information on the church camp where the suspect and victim met. It was not "Discovery Camp" as posted above.

Dec 20, 2019

The camp Fieramusca and Broussard once attended is known as the Texas Bible Institute.

They are the same physical property. located at 1423 County Road 101, Columbus, Texas 78934. It still looks like a fun place. JMO

Texas Bible Institute
Discovery Camp – Discover The Difference.

If it's the same one I'm talking about (see link below) the TWEET from the reporter did not mention the tarp. That came from a random person in the comments. MOO

Jessica Willey on Twitter

You are exactly right - I didn't open this when I was searching so it looks like Wiley made the statement. I will definitely remove the tarp rederence even though it wasn't stated as fact. .SmartSelect_20191231-163934_Chrome.jpg
edited to add bold after reviewing my prior post

Last edited:
Dbm answered

Last edited:
no, the one I found during the discovery was a male reporter.
Okay, try putting this in your search engine. "Heidi Broussard" "tarp"

If you follow those hits 1) somebody made a FB comment, 2) comment repeated on J. Willey's tweet, and 3) it was posted here on the thread.

No tweet from a reporter, male or otherwise, therefore we have no link for this information and it is considered rumor. MOO

Dec 20, 2019

Discovery Camp is part of Texas Bible Institute

Okay, try putting this in your search engine. "Heidi Broussard" "tarp"

If you follow those hits 1) somebody made a FB comment, 2) comment repeated on J. Willey's tweet, and 3) it was posted here on the thread.

No tweet from a reporter, male or otherwise, therefore we have no link for this information and it is considered rumor. MOO

I know, I never found it again so I assume it was incorrect and the reporter pulled it? Idk.

thinking back, I think I read it in a print article that was later pulled or edited. I’m not sure, but I have no link & consider it as misreporting. Moo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member