TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean but I stopped being amazed by this in 2012 when I stood in the exact same spot where little Jessica Ridgeway was abducted. (I know I’ve talked about this many times in other cases, so sorry for repeat to those who have already heard this story a million times.)

It was broad daylight, busy morning time. Kids going to school, people going to work, the houses are super close together. Yet nobody saw a thing while monster ARS shoved Jessica in the backseat of his car, zip ties her and took off. It happens all the time, people don’t see or notice anything. In fact, we are lucky imo when there is an actual credible witness. Many people are on their phones, etc, not always aware of their surroundings. If he had a container, and being the mover he is, he could be very efficient in such a transport, again IF he is the perp.

However, for all we know maybe someone did see something potentially suspicious. This is not something that LE would necessary reveal to the public, moo.

No need to apologize for one of your stories, Magz ❤︎
...especially poor little Jessica.
btw, long time no see (been recovering) I hope you're well. xo

I can understand the FBI being brought in could be standard because of resources.

But a specialized team that only has 60 members nationally? A team that specializes in Child abduction? I don't want this to come off rude or insensitive, but are there no other cases where they are 100% sure that a child has been abducted that these 60 trained professionals could be?

the 60 agents nationally comes from this tweet from earlier...

Tony Plohetski
@tplohetski

Agents from the FBI’s Child Abduction Response Deployment team also on ground in #Austin made up of 60 agents nationally.

he also tweeted this...

That team has special expertise although officials say it is still unclear if this case is an abduction. #heidibroussard

I'm really not sure what to believe in this case at this point!

Are you sure there are 60 agents all working on this case? Just because there are 60 total members doesn't mean they are all working this single case. It could be only one or two.

I know what you mean but I stopped being amazed by this in 2012 when I stood in the exact same spot where little Jessica Ridgeway was abducted. (I know I’ve talked about this many times in other cases, so sorry for repeat to those who have already heard this story a million times.)

It was broad daylight, busy morning time. Kids going to school, people going to work, the houses are super close together. Yet nobody saw a thing while monster ARS shoved Jessica in the backseat of his car, zip ties her and took off. It happens all the time, people don’t see or notice anything. In fact, we are lucky imo when there is an actual credible witness. Many people are on their phones, etc, not always aware of their surroundings.
I’ve thought a lot about this - I think the greatest act of kindness we can do for each other is to be observant. See each other. Enough podcasts and your heart just aches for that one person who could have looked at the right thing at the right time.

I can understand the FBI being brought in could be standard because of resources.

But a specialized team that only has 60 members nationally? A team that specializes in Child abduction? I don't want this to come off rude or insensitive, but are there no other cases where they are 100% sure that a child has been abducted that these 60 trained professionals could be?

the 60 agents nationally comes from this tweet from earlier...

Tony Plohetski
@tplohetski

Agents from the FBI’s Child Abduction Response Deployment team also on ground in #Austin made up of 60 agents nationally.

he also tweeted this...

That team has special expertise although officials say it is still unclear if this case is an abduction. #heidibroussard

I'm really not sure what to believe in this case at this point!

I’ve posted a lot about FBI CARD team in the past. Let me pull some links for you to help explain more clearly. :)

Which is often standard in these cases. This doesn’t necessarily indicate an abduction. They have the resources to assist.
Pretty common in missing children cases today. The first time I remember seeing a CARD team called in was the Lindsey Baum case, ten years ago. I think the group was established in 2006.

One thing I’ve asked multiple times is if anyone knows of a case where an innocent parent was on camera laughing in the days after their child went missing and remained so. And no one has been able to say yes.
Snipped for focus...

Ok, I can't find the video, it's been years, but Sierra LaMar's mother made a horrible impression with her initial statements and interviews. She was unemotional, didn't come across as upset or concerned, overly defended her live-in, used past tense in her very first statement, the statement analysis guy and the eyes for lies woman thought she was lying, everyone was waiting for her and/or her boyfriend to be arrested. Like I said, I can't find the video, it's been too long (all I was able to find were her disastrous Nancy Grace interviews), but iirc part of what people thought was inappropriate was smiling. I followed Sierra's case, and between her RSO father and her mom's hinkiness no one expected it to be an abduction.

With this case, I thought the initial raw video in the Verizon store was very telling, particularly when he stopped repeatedly at the same point in his story. But... I don't know. As emotional as he's been I expected him to have confessed by now, if he had anything to confess to.

I'm just hoping LE is up to this. IMO no one seemed alarmed enough initially. Yes, I know they get a lot of cases where people just skedaddle with no foul play, but why then did WE all just about melt down when we first heard of the case and SC's interview (s)???

I just wish they had swarmed all over this immediately.
Going out on a limb here but I think LE already knows a lot of what they need to know and will wrap this up quickly. We'll see.

I see where you’re coming from, but this whole thing just seems incredibly rushed if it is what it appears to be.

I think this would look very different if there was more time to stage the scene.

It looks like the clock was the enemy, and the clock was the enemy because this wasn’t a planned event.
All very true. And thank goodness for it. Making things easy for LE means answers sooner for HB’s poor loved ones.

Wow I am so behind! Y'all are just rocking this case ! Prayers for Mom and sweet baby to be found soon and safe, and for the family and friends. Back to catch up with you guys
Right? I’ve missed an entire thread plus some. I’ve been trying really hard to stay positive that they are both alive. Holding on to hope the Mom is hiding due to fear and doesn’t feel safe enough to check in with LE yet.

What interview?
This is the complete 16 minute interview of SC. It's an FBI profiler's dream IMHO. It was removed then only the last few minutes in which his behavior could be deemed as appropriate was put back up for public viewing. You now have to dig into heavy.com bc it is buried but still there as of 5 minutes ago. I don't know how much longer it will be there.

RSBBM

Wonder if it's a close friend from when they all lived in LA? A lifelong friend who either still lives in LA or has perhaps moved to another state herself?

Heck, she may even live in CO for all we know.

That distance would explain the friend knowing about the pregnancy (Yay! Happy news!) but not about them getting back together (Maybe not such welcome or widespread news!).

It would also account for any irregular contact. HB might have been embarrassed to share details.

Who knows, right?
Who's to say it's not a HE?

Are you sure there are 60 agents all working on this case? Just because there are 60 total members doesn't mean they are all working this single case. It could be only one or two.

No, not all 60 members lol But there are 60 members nationally and they are going to use any of those agents, enough to make a "team", on a case where they don't believe there is an abduction? I find this hard to believe. JMO I think something has led them to believe that Margo has indeed been abducted. Heidi as well, but unfortunately, I doubt that Heidi is still alive :( I do hope that there is a chance that Margo is though. Again, JMO.

Surely they verified S’s work history for that day & know she drove her car home. He doesn’t seem sophisticated enough to get away with too much, imo.

I agree. I don't think he could pull this off.

He seems to be very socially awkward.

Jmo

RSBBM

Wonder if it's a close friend from when they all lived in LA? A lifelong friend who either still lives in LA or has perhaps moved to another state herself?

Heck, she may even live in CO for all we know.

That distance would explain the friend knowing about the pregnancy (Yay! Happy news!) but not about them getting back together (Maybe not such welcome or widespread news!).

It would also account for any irregular contact. HB might have been embarrassed to share details.

Who knows, right?

BBM:

Also, not saying it's the case here, but irregular contact or falling out of touch with friends can result from being in an abusive relationship.

Abusers like to control their victims.

One of the ways they do that is by isolating and cutting their victims off from other meaningful relationships:

Isolation and Domestic Violence – Break the Silence Against Domestic Violence

JMO.

Last edited:
Going out on a limb here but I think LE already knows a lot of what they need to know and will wrap this up quickly. We'll see.
I don’t think you’re out on a limb at all. Although law enforcement is using words that indicate that they aren’t sure what they are dealing with, their posture isn’t jibing with that.

I think it’s only a matter of time until we know for a fact which way the wind is blowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper