TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dog being on the balcony is something that actually doesn't raise a flag to me. I dont think its unusual at all for people who live in apartments to keep their dog on a balcony while they are not there. And add in a new baby, its probably better to keep the dog away from such a small child.
I think the dog on the balcony is not that unusual with a new baby but usually not allowed officially in many complexes. I also wonder if the dog saw anything. If my cat hears anything out of sorts outside, he goes near the door, growls and puffs up. He is very protective of me. I do know that dogs can be distracted. My old Cu (a big wolf/dog hybrid but sweet and definitely NOT an alpha, but protective of me) was in our old fenced back yard and I kept my brand new birthday bicycle there. A week after my birthday, someone threw a slab of meat, bone in, over the fence and took the bike. The dog was gnawing on the bone when I got home from the store. Someone distracted him with meat and took my new bike. Never was found. Some guard dog he was.

I really have no idea how to attach links here, but I just saw an article earlier that quoted that SC arrived home at 1:40. and that not long after that he was contacted by the school. I believe it said around 2. I have yet to see anything other than a Facebook post by a friend who quoted 6pm. I never hear him say 6 either. I think there may be some issue with this whole timeline and the missing 5 hours.

I would just like to clarify the timing we DO know so far, so no one gets confused by the misinformation in the above post.

Heidi was last seen around 8am at the school.

SC said he left work at 1pm (early), attempted to call Heidi at 1:40, and arrived home around 2pm.

He was not contacted by the school until about 6pm (in one version, by him) or - not at all by the school (hearsay in a news article, not confirmed). He apparently went to pick up his son some time after that (so, after 6pm).

The police were not informed of her missing status until 7:30 PM (and we do not actually have confirmation that he's the one who called, even then).

So there are 11.5 hours there - between 8am and 7:30 pm - that are not completely accounted for.

Feel free to correct me so I can correct this - anyone.

Last edited:
I was thinking along the same lines.

If a family member didn't do everything they could and simply sat at home because they were afraid the media would embarrass them somehow, I'd feel they didn't care, didn't love me, just cared about themselves, or all of those.

As for S, he is probably not working. He was out walking his dog. He said he sits in front of his apartment talking to strangers.

He also said something about the boy being with relatives so I do not think he's taking care of him - that was my impression from one of his outside videos.

That's what the G F M his Dad set up is for.

That's one thing that isn't often discussed. The financial nightmare that happens if a missing persons case goes on for any length of time. People often miss extended periods of time from their jobs.

Thinking outloud about information LE likely has (or will have soon) that we don't know about yet:
  • Phone records
    • Did HB use her phone after the 8am call re the books?
    • What time did her phone stop communicating?
  • Video footage
    • Neighbors?
    • Businesses?
    • Is her return trip and parking on video?
  • DNA in apartment?
    • Anyone other than family?
  • DNA in car?
  • All arrest records, police visits
  • History of HB dropping off son
  • Financial records, credit card purchases
  • Physicians appointment schedule for Baby Margot
  • Does HB residence have a landline?
  • Interviews with family, friends, coworkers, neighbors
  • Details of whether similar incidents have occurred nearby
  • Social media footprint of closest circle
  • Online history of HB, buying/selling baby items, searches, email and text data
  • Tax records
  • Credit card statements
  • Medical details of family and match prescriptions to any medications on the home.
  • Traffic violations
Feeling very hopeful for a break soon. MOO

Last edited:
...What do you think has happened in this case? Right now I'm leaning towards the abduction for the baby scenario, but I am open to all possibilities, including the BF, I just don't have the same feeling as many do about him.

I really want to see them come back and show us they are OK and have the kids all reunited, but my gut feels very, very discouraged right now. I wish someone would come out to the press and say "Yeah, I saw her in X place and she was with the baby", etc. but the longer this goes, the bleaker it gets in my heart. So many possibilities and whos and whys and what ifs...:(

I’ve read similar on websleuths many times actually. People wondering why they are not out searching day and night.

My point is, no matter what this guy does he’s going to be scrutinized. Not saying he shouldn’t be. I think all people associated with a missing person should be carefully scrutinized and questioned.
Agree and they should have no issues with being scrutinised. Unless they have something to worry about

I don’t think so because I’ve never had it so never used it but both can be true :)
Blue - there isn't actually a report "button" though we all call it that; it's a link, and it's tiny!

Do you have something like this - where the arrow is pointing - in blue letters?

Attachments

• WS report link.png
    WS report link.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Thinking outloud about information LE likely has (or will have soon) that we don't know about yet:
  • Phone records
  • Video footage
    • Neighbors?
    • Businesses?
  • DNA in apartment?
  • DNA in car?
  • Online history of HB, buying/selling baby items, searches, email and text data
  • Tax records
  • Credit card statements
  • Medical details of family and match prescriptions to any medications on the home.
  • Traffic violations
Feeling very hopeful for a break soon.
Id like to know if SC has a separate home or access to other homes.

Something that's niggling at me, and bothers me... Is after I read the interview (thank you to ever did that!!) I am concerned that he starts out telling us what a normal day usually looks like. That's not what they asked him. They asked him what happened that day. Again he tells us what usually happens in the morning.

But even that has something off about it, if HB's Mom had been there for some time, then it still isn't a normal day...

What I got out of that-- that he actually did... was wake her at 6:40 kiss her and say goodbye.

What I am not understanding is if he woke her and kissed her goodbye at 6:40 then how could he see her making the school lunches? Or did he leave later than 6:40 ?

That's my biggest hope as to why he's been silent--talking to LE, cards on table.
Just seeing in recent report that LEO searched other apartments there,and houses behind them ,asked about other vehicles,and that he did call her parents,Makes me wonder Maybe things aren't what they seem. I do believe she didn't leave on her own accord,And maybe someone else disappeared her,and baby Margo.
MOO

That, and any car seen arriving, leaving or around the complex during a specific time period.

Has it been confirmed that Heidi’s car is still parked at the complex? I keep thinking of the Jennifer Kesse case, where the surveillance footage showed an unidentified "person of interest" dropping Kesse's vehicle off the day she went missing. How can they be sure Heidi was alone in her car, other than camera video?

I have been watching this thread and not participating much because I've been sitting on my hands and actually, still am, to a degree.

I originally was thinking pretty much what everyone else has been thinking and then I had an "aha" moment when I truly believed that she had just up and left for safety reasons. However, I backtracked on that due to comments about her son and the type of relationship she has with her son. I get a woman feeling unsafe and leaving with a baby, but, I can't reconcile, leaving with one child, while leaving the other behind. I do not believe she would do that.

I can't help but think that foul play is at work here. Quite frankly, I can't imagine what else could be happening.

Would someone bring me up to date on one thing please. Do we know if LE has forensically gone through Heidi's apartment with a fine tooth comb? My feeling is that whatever happened, occurred in that apartment.

There has to be security video somewhere that shows her leaving the building - one way - or the other. I think LE is waiting on phone info. I know it takes a while to get that information from the phone companies but, as in so many other cases, phone pings tell the tale.

My final comment is that I don't believe this is a random crime, it was either planned or something escalated and things went very wrong very fast.

MOO
Tealgrove, I like how you think. I feel strongly there is foul play here.

Not only do I feel she wouldn't leave her son, but after looking at what I could on her Facebook, she would not put her parents through this he!!

If I may, I want to share a little bit about domestic violence. My sister was in a relationship, and it was a controlling abusive relationship. In the end her and I had to work out this deal, that one sister paid for the moving van while the other sister, me, waited around the corner for the boyfriend to go to work, I zoomed in with the truck and we loaded as fast as we could. It was all in cahoots.

Although I love my sister deeply, let's fast forward to 2 years later. Again she's in another abusive relationship. Again ssisters get in cahoots to get her out of it. We arrange for me to pick a fight with her so it looks like we're at odds, can't stand each other, she made it look like she wouldn't search out me for help. Then the next morning my husband and my son-in-law travel 3 1/2 hours to her town wait around the corner, again waiting for the boyfriend to go to work, and as soon as he did they backed in our truck and they loaded up. He never contacted me, he never had anything to do with me, because he knew that my sister and I were at odds.

Point of my story is, if she, Heidi was to run off on her own, I would actually think that her and her mother could easily go into cahoots, she go into hiding. Somehow the grandmother gets a hold of the grandson, and they all meet up somewhere later.

The personality of this woman does not seem like one that would put her parents on the risk of either of them having a heart attack over this.

I feel it's foul play, but not at Heidi's doing.

• Phone records
  • Video footage
    • Neighbors?
    • Businesses?
  • DNA in apartment?
  • DNA in car?
  • Tax records
  • Credit card statements
  • Traffic violations
Feeling very hopeful for a break soon.
Great list! :) MOO

Behavioral analysis (FBI)
Vehicle GPS reports
Computer/other device data (if any)

Just seeing in recent report that LEO searched other apartments there,and houses behind them ,asked about other vehicles,and that he did call her parents,Makes me wonder Maybe things aren't what they seem. I do believe she didn't leave on her own accord,And maybe someone else disappeared her,and baby Margo.
MOO

I agree. And the one article with a statement from a neighbour said they had been back 3 times??? That to me isn't just a check, they have reason to believe someone in that complex may be responsible. JMO

Dog on the balcony came from FB, as did door found wide open.

Thanks to FB and sloppy media that uses social media to compile it's stories, it's the usual mass of confusion. Just be glad you don't follow BIG conspiracies where the disinfo is put out there deliberately. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to know anything until it comes from LE.

Tealgrove, I like how you think. I feel strongly there is foul play here.

Not only do I feel she wouldn't leave her son, but after looking at what I could on her Facebook, she would not put her parents through this he!!

If I may, I want to share a little bit about domestic violence. My sister was in a relationship, and it was a controlling abusive relationship. In the end her and I had to work out this deal, that one sister paid for the moving van while the other sister, me, waited around the corner for the boyfriend to go to work, I zoomed in with the truck and we loaded as fast as we could. It was all in cahoots.

Although I love my sister deeply, let's fast forward to 2 years later. Again she's in another abusive relationship. Again ssisters get in cahoots to get her out of it. We arrange for me to pick a fight with her so it looks like we're at odds, can't stand each other, she made it look like she wouldn't search out me for help. Then the next morning my husband and my son-in-law travel 3 1/2 hours to her town wait around the corner, again waiting for the boyfriend to go to work, and as soon as he did they backed in our truck and they loaded up. He never contacted me, he never had anything to do with me, because he knew that my sister and I were at odds.

Point of my story is, if she, Heidi was to run off on her own, I would actually think that her and her mother could easily go into cahoots, she go into hiding. Somehow the grandmother gets a hold of the grandson, and they all meet up somewhere later.

The personality of this woman does not seem like one that would put her parents on the risk of either of them having a heart attack over this.

I feel it's foul play, but not at Heidi's doing.
Thank you for sharing. I cannot like your post enough. I feel it is extremely appropriate here.

That timeline isn't reliable IMO, though. I looked through the slides, and they revert to statements about the front door of the residence being open: "[Shane's] front door open"; and also "Cowan Elementary calls Shane", which he (I know, I know) has said is untrue ("the school never called").

What you say is partly true; however, my sister is too much of a control freak to tell her friends anything lest they think her less than perfect. BUT, that doesn't mean she doesn't tell anyone anything negative. Rather, what it does mean is, she takes it out on my parents, and spends hours quizzing them about her separation, her workplace snafus, etc., etc., de facto making them work as "best friends". Well, we've got Heidi's parents instead of/in addition to her friends, and none of the family members have said anything that contradicts anything that the friends have said. They haven't provided the same amount of information, that's true; but they're not contradicting the friends' stories either.

Fair enough, but on another level I think we have to count this as net zero for a clue; because we've now heard that Heidi in fact has left Shane already in the past. If they stoutly averred she could "never" leave him in the light of such information, they'd look like idiots.

I also wouldn't care what the general public thinks about what I do in my interviews either, especially when a 3-week-old baby is at stake; so I'm also thinking these things cancel each other out.

Well, for starters, either SC is graying or he's dyed his hair blonde, because those pictures from the DM are clearly dark-haired; especially the one of him in the purple shirt. Those interview videos weren't those of a dark-haired gentleman.

I'm not sure why you think I think the friends story needs contradicting? I don’t. Confused.

MOO
Totally possible. No matter what the circumstances, I hope SC opens up completely. IMO, he could have crucial info regardless of who ends up being the perp.

That timeline isn't reliable IMO, though. I looked through the slides, and they revert to statements about the front door of the residence being open: "[Shane's] front door open"; and also "Cowan Elementary calls Shane", which he (I know, I know) has said is untrue ("the school never called").

What you say is partly true; however, my sister is too much of a control freak to tell her friends anything lest they think her less than perfect. BUT, that doesn't mean she doesn't tell anyone anything negative. Rather, what it does mean is, she takes it out on my parents, and spends hours quizzing them about her separation, her workplace snafus, etc., etc., de facto making them work as "best friends". Well, we've got Heidi's parents instead of/in addition to her friends, and none of the family members have said anything that contradicts anything that the friends have said. They haven't provided the same amount of information, that's true; but they're not contradicting the friends' stories either.

Fair enough, but on another level I think we have to count this as net zero for a clue; because we've now heard that Heidi in fact has left Shane already in the past. If they stoutly averred she could "never" leave him in the light of such information, they'd look like idiots.

I also wouldn't care what the general public thinks about what I do in my interviews either, especially when a 3-week-old baby is at stake; so I'm also thinking these things cancel each other out.

Well, for starters, either SC is graying or he's dyed his hair blonde, because those pictures from the DM are clearly dark-haired; especially the one of him in the purple shirt. Those interview videos weren't those of a dark-haired gentleman.

I'm not sure why you think I think the friends story needs contradicting? I don’t. I’m confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayellekay