TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this, and have gone back and forth with what I feel may have happened.
I realize I may be in the minority, but I am leaning towards this being a situation of abduction, and less than a crime of passion by her BF.
We know for sure she dropped of their son at school, and as far as what the public knows, school is the last to see of her.
I think it would be difficult to dispose of body, from a multi-family dwelling, in daylight.
We are only talking about maybe 4 + hours, and if it was a spontaneous crime, there should be signs of struggle in the apartment.
I see more of a scenario that someone approached her at her apartment door, was able to lure her outside, with the baby, and took her from there.
SC's behavior on many levels is odd to me, but I think he's a "odd duck", and is thrust into a situation which is clearly out of his comfort zone. We don't know a ton about him yet, and with my own experience with family members who are on the spectrum, I can say I get the same feeling from his speaking, the self centered upon his activities, as I do people I know. Also the way he interacted with his father nearby, it's almost like watching a teenager, not a 30 year old.
Again, I may be way wrong, but personally don't seem him as clever as some of thew other killers of late, who killed their wives, girlfriends, etc.
I don't see him savvy enough of to commit this type of crime, clean up, and not be seen and not be more of a mess.

Getting word out is much different than doing interviews.
I would attend a press conference. Maybe answer questions that have very little to do with me personally. I'd go to searches and vigils. I'd cooperate with police.
I'd never do an interview on television so every single thing I do can be scrutinized. Don't you think the entire experience would be painful enough? Why put anyone out there like that?It is almost like the media does it on purpose. They put these people in the most uncomfortable settings and make things as awkward as humanly possible. I just feel bad for the guy. Until he is a suspect or there is evidence against him- I just feel like he is simply a human being living an absolute nightmare and he deserves some compassion. He does. His family does. Her family does. Her son does.
Because the victims matter more than the self interests of that loved one putting themselves out there.

It’s a selfless act.

If I was missing and my closest loved ones were too selfish and and self absorbed to withstand the scrutiny of media attention, and get the word out about me, they’d wish I was never found when/if I ultimately was. :D

I can’t fathom not doing that in this particular situation, especially knowing how important that media attention is.

Marginalized people bemoan this fact when a case like this hits home for them. They fight and claw for every second of attention.

And for good reason. It matters.

I'm replying to myself. Crazy. But the above is Scenario #1. My other Scenario #2, is that Heidi got home, got distracted and didn't get back down to the car, then after 1 :40 something occurred very bad after doggie who might protect Heidi was put on balcony. Read between the lines. I hope saying that doesn't violate TOS.

Edit typos
Good point about the dog. My dog would protect me with his life. His being on the balcony - when no one was there - does not seem to me to be a good sign.

(ETA: If it is true the dog was really on the balcony at all. We don't know this to be a fact yet.)

Of course, it depends on the dog. A larger dog shouldn't be on the balcony for safety reasons - not just for the dog. A smaller dog shouldn't be because they can be stolen, or too nervous... actually, I can't think of a good reason to leave a dog on a balcony. :p

Last edited:
I feel like if she were hiding from danger she would have reached out by now. She certainly would have a lot of help to safety by this point. She would be missing her son and know her parents are worried.

No wallet - how would she be eating, diapering baby, she needs postpartum supplies.
Moo
Earlier I said, that I never ruled out a kidnapping, however, I still say if it was a kidnapping I can't help but wonder (after watching these interviews) if the boyfriend is behind it.
MOO

Good point about the dog. My dog would protect me with his life. His being on the balcony is NOT a good sign.
The dog being on the balcony is something that actually doesn't raise a flag to me. I dont think its unusual at all for people who live in apartments to keep their dog on a balcony while they are not there. And add in a new baby, its probably better to keep the dog away from such a small child.

If he gave an interview a day I’m afraid some would say, why is he on tv so much??? Why doesn’t he stop giving interviews and start searching for his missing fiancée and baby!!??

Plus he could be stuck in an interrogation room for all we know (which I actually hope is happening).
BBM-We would never say that here. Family members should not be directly involved in searches for their loved ones, for obvious reasons. Especially one who has not been cleared by LE.

Last edited:
Because the victims matter more than the self interests of that loved one putting themselves out there.

It’s a selfless act.

If I was missing and my closest loved ones were too selfish and and self absorbed to withstand the scrutiny of media attention, and get the word out about me, they’d wish I was never found when/if I ultimately was. :D

I can’t fathom not doing that in this particular situation, especially knowing how important that media attention is.

Marginalized people bemoan this fact when a case like this hits home for them. They fight and claw for every second of attention.

Don’t worry. If you went missing, we would immediately create a thread on here for you!

It’s a selfless act.

I was thinking along the same lines.

If a family member didn't do everything they could and simply sat at home because they were afraid the media would embarrass them somehow, I'd feel they didn't care, didn't love me, just cared about themselves, or all of those. That is, if I survived after their inaction.

As for S, he is probably not working. He was out walking his dog. He said he sits in front of his apartment talking to strangers.

He also said something about the boy being with relatives so I do not think he's taking care of him - that was my impression from one of his outside videos.

Not really sure what he's doing but I haven't seen video clips of him posting flyers, as we see in so many missing cases.

Last edited:
Question —- where do the tenants retrieve their mail at the complex? Is it one location with a wall of boxes and tenant needs the key to it?

Has ANYONE heard/read or know if Heidi had a stroller AND was it the type that the car seat would lock into?

In the security footage photo from the school, I think it appears as if there is a stroller behind her.

I always try to remind myself that I really have no clue what I would or wouldn’t do when put in that sort of situation. We can imagine how we’d behave all we want, but we really just can not know. Never say never.

Ahhh.... I had a pretty long struggle with severe depression after my daughter was diagnosed with her health condition. A few years ago they told me she wouldn't make it much past the age of 20. Again, very deep and dark depression set in and lasted a year or so. I have a pretty clear idea of what would happen to me in this sort of situation... I do not believe I would be functioning even half as well as this man is.

I baffled by this comment as in tracking missing cases for quite awhile its been my experience that family members, friends and loved ones that WANT to find their missing person WILL DO ANYTHING and RISK looking the fool and having their every move and statement scrutinised if it means getting the word out!

It doesn't appear APD wants volunteer boots on the ground for public searches but what about missing posters, flyers on cars in the complex, area parks, local gas stations and being handed out at surrounding businesses etc. You never know what might jog someones memory to help this case.

There are any number of positive moves that a friend of family member could have been doing over the past 5 days and NOW that might just assist with the process of finding HB and baby.
Every recent case that I can think of where no flyers were posted for “missing” persons, were cases where LE had a pretty good idea of circumstances surrounding “disappearance.” Ex. Kelsey Berreth, Monica Moynan

ETA- I’m not suggesting flyers can’t be helpful. But I do think the lack of flyers can be an indicator there’s a lot going on behind the scenes that we aren’t privy to. Reverse example: there were many flyers/postings with Abby and Libby and BG photos...and almost 3 years later, there has been no arrest in that case to date.

Last edited:
Earlier I said, that I never ruled out a kidnapping, however, I still say if it was a kidnapping I can't help but wonder (after watching these interviews) if the boyfriend is behind it.
MOO
That is at the top of my "likely scenarios" list. Of course, we don't know, and we are not accusing anyone of anything.

Not there. Besides how could the friend know that?

This will be another "fact" that will pop up in the future. JMO.

I was hoping that it would get cleared up before it grew legs lol I know we don't always agree on these cases @RANCH, but nice to see you :)

What do you think has happened in this case? Right now I'm leaning towards the abduction for the baby scenario, but I am open to all possibilities, including the BF, I just don't have the same feeling as many do about him.

He is quoted is msm as saying the school did not call him, but that may not be accurate.

LE confirmed they were called at 730 pm. That is a long time.

I think it was reported that Silas was at karate class and it was probably the class personnel or after school daycare that alerted SC that his child had not been collected by 6 pm.

It's likely that a reporter asked his if Cowan Elementary called him and he probably said "No" -- it was Karate, etc.

There's been several mix-ups in this case by media including SC said that Heidi was making lunch when he actually said she was making the children's lunch early in the morning to take to school.

MOO

but...but...on a typical day, hits snooze button usually twice, drinks water, wakes them up, kisses each one...
Something that's niggling at me, and bothers me... Is after I read the interview (thank you to ever did that!!) I am concerned that he starts out telling us what a normal day usually looks like. That's not what they asked him. They asked him what happened that day. Again he tells us what usually happens in the morning.

But even that has something off about it, if HB's Mom had been there for some time, then it still isn't a normal day...

What I got out of that-- that he actually did... was wake her at 6:40 kiss her and say goodbye.

BBM-We would never say that here. Family members should not be involved in searches for their loved ones, for obvious reasons. Especially one who has not been cleared by LE.
I’ve read similar on websleuths many times actually. People wondering why they are not out searching day and night.

My point is, no matter what this guy does he’s going to be scrutinized. Not saying he shouldn’t be. I think all people associated with a missing person should be carefully scrutinized and questioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayellekay