Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXACTLY!
That's why I posted this earlier:
And I want to add some notes from the video of SC that was removed.

*He slipped!
*He is telling what happened that day in this interview. He says "she was making lunch."
*He realizes what he just said. Watch his eyes. He starts laughing at himself.
*He recovers from this mistake. He finally figures out a way to fix it. He changes his story & says she was making School lunches & he kisses them goodbye.
*He could not have seen her make School lunches that morning. He woke them at 6:40am, kissed them goodbye & left."
"
BINGO

That complex would be buzzing like a bee hive come 4:30/5:00 with people coming home from work, I would think!
That’s true. It would definitely be risky, but if this was an unplanned moment of rage what other choices would he have?

he also didn’t call until 730.

Maybe he stopped somewhere on the way to picking up his son? Or even after.

moo

Hahaha!! Last I read, per WS discussions, we STILL aren’t sure! But I know one thing for certain, it’s only spelled one way on her birth certificate!

OK, I'll just leave as it is.
I think I've seen family spell it Margo,
even though they are from Louisiana,
and "French" spelling might be Margot,
but, in that case it would be Margaux....

I have a question for anyone that has had children recently within the past 5 or 10 years.

Do you always end up leaving the hospital with formal documentation (DNA test results, blood type analysis, etc.) that formally proves your child is related to you and your OH?

Or is that sometimes only given upon request of certain tests done at your request?

And if it was requested, is it possible that the results of testing like that could come in regular mail a week or more after you leave the hospital?

If it is like here it is VERY busy. I think someone mentioned the walls there are not as soundproof as ours are so I bet people would have heard a fight/argument, etc. The Middle Schools let out before 4:30 so kids would be walking home too, lots of activity.
School kids letting out between 2:00 and 4:00, being picked up and brought home by parents crossed my mind as well!! If you live in a busy area and reside at a sizable complex like we obviously do Thes, we know we can set our watches by these times with droves of people buzzing!

Hmm maybe it (the purse) was in the car and he took it upstairs??? i'm trying to understand this whole situation.
IMO
This is my thought as well. He was so upset that the car door was unlocked I can't imagine him not taking the purse out of the car and locking the car door and then taking the purse up to the apartment.

I click on the link 'nbc affiliate KXAN Monday' and it takes me to another story that doesn't mention it at all and is dated for today. Weird. Has anyone been able to find any other article or interview that mentions this?
Same here. And when I looked around on the site I ended up at this link:
Police still looking for mom, infant last seen in south Austin
This is the one that has HB's friend's FB post saying the door was wide open, the "husband's" call at noon and the school calling at 6. At this time I'm inclined to take the friend's words as rumor and possibly not accurate. For one thing, if the door was "wide open" wouldn't SC have said something about it in those interviews as it would be huge! SC would surely have called 911 right then and there. Something's wrong with the friend's report.

So it looks like that first article is either gone or buried but lives on in repeats on other sites.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but from my perspective, that presser really was par for the course in terms of LE missing person pcs.

It ran pretty true to script.

As a point of comparison, I just rewatched the initial press conference by Woodland PD after Kelsey Berreth went missing.
*Here's a link to the presser in that case for comparison purposes only, NOT a pc regarding this case:

Aside from the fact that KB's mom spoke briefly at the press conference in that case, the messaging from LE was remarkably similar to what we just heard from APD.
It was even approximately the same length, around 10 minutes or so.
In the Kelsey case, that pc was held on December 10th.
LE stated they had no POIs at that time.
They arrested the moron Frazee for murder on December 21st, a mere 11 days later.

LE rarely admits they have a POI or suspect.
Especially when they actually have a POI or suspect.

They have one in this case, too....or I'll eat my beanie, the fact that I don't actually own a beanie, notwithstanding.

JMO.

This is a great comparison. Just because we’re reading along from home and think things look a certain way doesn’t mean LE are standing around twiddling their thumbs. If we see it, LE sees it, but they have the extra responsibility to cross their T’s and dot their I’s before they say or do too much. I don’t believe they know nothing. I believe they know a lot more than we think they do. And I believe they’re just making sure they have all systems go.

I sincerely hope this is a voluntary disappearance but I just CANNOT make myself believe it. Not one bit do I believe she left her six year old behind. And if I and others are right on our gut feeling, justice will come.

MOO.

"I'm sure Heidi had a regular route she took to and from school each morning. Has that route been released?"
This is the kind of thing I expected to be discussed at the press conference in the attempt to tie down a timeline for Heidi's movements. e.g. if you were in the complex and you saw her that morning, please call us - etc, etc. However there was nothing like that in the press conference. Leads me to believe LE does not really need that type of info at this time.
I suspect they have HB's cell data and ping info that tells them she made it home safely and exactly when her phone went silent and where she was when that happened. They'll also know where his phone was. If he shut it down and that is not normal for him, that doesn't look good either. Most of us, of course not all, rarely shut our phones off, we put them on buzz and put them somewhere we won't hear them if we need rest or sleep and check them when we're up again. Any irregular (out of the norm) activity will be a red flag for LE.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but from my perspective, that presser really was par for the course in terms of LE missing person pcs.

It ran pretty true to script.

As a point of comparison, I just rewatched the initial press conference by Woodland PD after Kelsey Berreth went missing.
*Here's a link to the presser in that case for comparison purposes only, NOT a pc regarding this case:

Aside from the fact that KB's mom spoke briefly at the press conference in that case, the messaging from LE was remarkably similar to what we just heard from APD.
In the Kelsey case, that pc was held on December 10th.
LE stated they had no POIs at that time.
They arrested the moron Frazee for murder on December 21st, a mere 11 days later.

LE rarely admits they have a POI or suspect.
Especially when they have a POI or suspect.

They have one in this case, too.

JMO.

Thanks for posting this. Chilling to hear it again.
At 7:00, someone asks something like "Is it possible Patrick murdered her?" - Not sure if that was the question because it's difficult to hear (anyone know)?

His answer is that they are looking into it. He doesn't avoid the question.

Okay so I just got caught up with this thread. I'm still in the mindset that I don't want to place judgement on SC yet, mainly because I have a couple questions that need answers, as there are some things that don't add up to me as far as him being involved goes. Maybe you awesome Websleuther's can make sense of it for me. When it came to the Aniah Blanchard case I know the members on here nailed it. So here are my questions that it would be cool to get your thoughts on:

-If he was going to stage a kidnapping where it looked like she was specifically the target why wouldn't he have left the baby behind? Doesn't make sense to me unless he didn't want to deal with a newborn.

-If LE had footage of her entering the apartments which would be confirmation she was in fact there then don't you think they'd have some kind of footage of her leaving or footage that pointed to SC being involved? I feel like there would be some sort of indication that he was involved for instance video footage of the both of them entering and leaving?

-If an argument ensued you'd think someone would have heard or seen something?

IDK some of this doesn't add up to me that would make sense if he had something to do with it.

Heartbreaking case for sure and I don't foresee a happy outcome. Hope I'm wrong.

When I first heard about Heidi and Margo my mind wondered to Lacey and Connor. :(

Through the decades I've come to the realization this can be a most dangerous time of year for some. I will sit on my hands until we know more but I feel confident LE has a POI since the Detective was from violent crimes unit.

I have a question for anyone that has had children recently within the past 5 or 10 years.

Do you always end up leaving the hospital with formal documentation (DNA test results, blood type analysis, etc.) that formally proves your child is related to you and your OH?

Or is that sometimes only given upon request of certain tests done at your request?

And if it was requested, is it possible that the results of testing like that could come in regular mail a week or more after you leave the hospital?
One of my daughters had two babies (now 5 and 7) in that time period and never was asked to take a DNA test. It was NOT required even though she and her shady ex were not together when the youngest was born. He had moved on to a new girlfriend. No DNA test required. Not sure why she would need one unless another guy stepped up and said he was the father. My daughter and grandbaby left the hospital after 2 days and thankfully her ex has been supporting his kids. I asked if anyone suggested DNA testing and she looked at me like I was crazy! (They were in a common law arrangement because he wanted to "make sure she was worth investing in" before marrying her. Yes, those were his exact words to me when I asked why they were just engaged and having babies together.)

If it is like here it is VERY busy. I think someone mentioned the walls there are not as soundproof as ours are so I bet people would have heard a fight/argument, etc. The Middle Schools let out before 4:30 so kids would be walking home too, lots of activity.

The fact it's a busy area, with homeless as well as general folks around, not in the best area - makes me think there is NO way she'd leave her door unlocked, or ever leave her purse in the car (which BTW was a shoulder bag, so no reason to leave it in a car anyway).

Last edited:
LE seems to think Heidi and baby were at the house after the drop off; at the same time as SC. According to the latest presser.
So the P. conference wasn't totally in vain.
According to their words, (paraphrased) "...We believe they were (both) there for some time...".

It took me so long and so many rewinds of the press conference to get to the point you were referring to, then relisten many times in order to try to quote both parties correctly, that this has probably been discussed and answered 10x already at least but I've invested too much time listening + typing this up not to post my response :p

In the beginning of the press conference LE said

"It is believed that Heidi and Margo's last known location was at their apartment complex In the area of William Canon & South first and we believe them to be there sometime the morning of that Thursday, December 12th."

Later in PC, reporter asks question:

"Detective, you mentioned the fact that you moved up the time now from 7:50 in the morning at the school to sometime later in the morning that mother and child were seen at their apartment complex, was that due to surveillance video that was.... (Not sure what he says at the end of the question, sounds sort of like "on scene?")

LE responds:

So that is part of our ongoing investigation, um, we have reason to believe that both of them were back at the apartment complex after leaving the school.....

I believe he is referring to Heidi & Margo as "both of them" as dad reportedly wasn't at the school, so he couldn't be part of the both "leaving the school."

JMO :)

Last edited:

DNA tests are only done if requested.

As far as i know, results can cone through the mail or e-mail. It takes less than a week for most labs so i guess 2 weeks would be right for mailed results, e-mail would come sooner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523