TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect they have HB's cell data and ping info that tells them she made it home safely and exactly when her phone went silent and where she was when that happened. They'll also know where his phone was. If he shut it down and that is not normal for him, that doesn't look good either. Most of us, of course not all, rarely shut our phones off, we put them on buzz and put them somewhere we won't hear them if we need rest or sleep and check them when we're up again. Any irregular (out of the norm) activity will be a red flag for LE.

And - we all already know from watching the videos of Shane that he does not shut his phone off even when one would think he should! (Like when being interviewed, and he doesn't check to see who called/texted, anyway, so it's not as if he was concerned that way.)

The fact it's a busy area, with homeless people and general folks around not in the best area - makes me think there is NO way she'd leave her door unlocked, or ever leave her purse in the car (which BTW was a shoulder bag, so no reason to leave it in a car anyway).
I just observed on Google maps street view that the back gate is very iffy and the apartments are not in the best shape (peeling paint, wood not so good on the door next to the gate and gate is the kind that can be lifted off the track). I would triple lock my doors there and be super hyper vigilant. I do not feel good about that place.

Thanks for posting this. Chilling to hear it again.
At 7:00, someone asks something like "Is it possible Patrick murdered her?" - Not sure if that was the question because it's difficult to hear (anyone know)?

His answer is that they are looking into it. He doesn't avoid the question.

"All options are on the table" was another statement Chief DeYoung made in that KB case pc.

I believe that phrase was used in today's presser also, or words to that effect.

JMO.

I have a question for anyone that has had children recently within the past 5 or 10 years.

Do you always end up leaving the hospital with formal documentation (DNA test results, blood type analysis, etc.) that formally proves your child is related to you and your OH?

Or is that sometimes only given upon request of certain tests done at your request?

And if it was requested, is it possible that the results of testing like that could come in regular mail a week or more after you leave the hospital?

Also, for those in TX: do some hospitals require paternity testing a few weeks after the birth, if the parents are not married?

I think LE is on top of this whole thing. I think they pretty much know what happened, they just want their target to get a false sense that they are getting away with it.

IF Heidi and Margot are no longer with us, where would they be hidden? And whoever may have hurt them would have to be smart enough to have gotten away with it this long. Maybe not much longer, but this long.

I just hope they are found alive, but I’m starting to think with the needs they both have right now, that they couldn’t survive without help. Heidi just gave birth. She needs certain materials right now. She needs rest. The baby need diapers up the wahzoo, sterile water, clothing, blankets, and other medicinal needs. Heidi would need to eat, sleep, change clothes,bathe. Yikes!

Theorizing here.
He leaks what he last saw, which was Heidi making herself lunch. Where do we go from there? Some sort of argument happened and then what? How does he get her and Margo out of the apartment? I just can't make that work.
Still allowing he's not involved, he does have a nervous tell at that lunch remark.

He's a furniture mover for a living, so he probably could figure something out.

I can't bear to think he hurt that precious baby. A fight might have turned ugly, but why the baby too?

My own, not conclusive, thoughts.

One of my daughters had two babies (now 5 and 7) in that time period and never was asked to take a DNA test. It was NOT required even though she and her shady ex were not together when the youngest was born. He had moved on to a new girlfriend. No DNA test required. Not sure why she would need one unless another guy stepped up and said he was the father. My daughter and grandbaby left the hospital after 2 days and thankfully her ex has been supporting his kids. I asked if anyone suggested DNA testing and she looked at me like I was crazy! (They were in a common law arrangement because he wanted to "make sure she was worth investing in" before marrying her. Yes, those were his exact words to me when I asked why they were just engaged and having babies together.)

Thank you for replying.

That is kind of what I figured that it probably is not something that is always done unless specifically requested by the parents.

Was just trying to see if something precipated her going missing like maybe one of them getting some news in the mail that they were not expecting or something along those lines.

We really do need more solid information from LE before we can go much further I am afraid. I already am flip flopping on 2 or 3 different possibilities.

You are correct. Not the worst area in Austin but a place I’d be very vigilant. Her mom’s comment that she was a very careful person and aware of what was happening around her sticks in my mind. The back gate is broken and not secure. Saw that myself. Front gate hasn’t been closed for a while. Dumpsters on Sunday were overflowing, so to me that means not searched, and they were emptied yesterday.

I just observed on Google maps street view that the back gate is very iffy and the apartments are not in the best shape (peeling paint, wood not so good on the door next to the gate and gate is the kind that can be lifted off the track). I would triple lock my doors there and be super hyper vigilant. I do not feel good about that place.

There are constant reports in my city about valuables being stolen from cars but people still leave their wallets in their unlocked cars.

I am not saying thay heidi for sure left it. Just that people do stuff like that every day. HB was also tired and probably distracted by her first solo outing with Margo

Oh yeah, if my phone goes to voicemail, my husband loses his composure, gets all panicky and one time when I left for the pool/amenities building to work out without my phone, he thought something had happened to me when I didn't answer and called 311. I am never without it anymore. He is extremely protective of me. I just wanted to work out without having the phone ring. I have many friends who call "just to chat" and I didn't feel like chatting. I wanted to work out. I just happen to have married a worrier.

No offense, but that doesnt exactly sound normal either without cause. I only comment regarding that because your implication is that thats what a caring, worried husband does.

Still allowing he's not involved, he does have a nervous tell at that lunch remark.

He's a furniture mover for a living, so he probably could figure something out.

I can't bear to think he hurt that precious baby. A fight might have turned ugly, but why the baby too?

My own, not conclusive, thoughts.

Something sensitive about "making lunches" and buying books. Not sure why. might have started a fight with her about spending $25 while she was back at home making her lunch or their lunches when a fight broke out.

So, I just asked my husband how long it would take him to report me missing if he came home and I was gone, but my car was here and the kids were gone. He says he would probably have 3 or 4 beers before he ever even realized it. Then he said he would call my sister and my best friend to see if I was there. And, then he said he would assume maybe I was at TJ Maxx. Then he says if a day went by he would think maybe I was having an affair. I almost have to laugh at how ridiculous this man is. Maybe SC is just one of these kind of guys..

So heartbreaking to see her mom so broken up.

Thank you for posting this.

So interesting and chilling to see her car there in the parking lot.

It says a few things:
  • Police know enough that they haven't taken the car to have it completely inspected for fingerprints, blood, hair, anything. (If they don't now enough, why haven't they?)
  • It looks to be a late model car, with an antenna that probably indicates internal tracking. Have they had access to that?
Also - we don't know if Shane used any drugs at all. There is no proof of that.

We do know, however, from previous photos that he was a rather slender, more slight man. He is seriously bulked up from previous photos. He is a mover, but some movers are slight/wiry, not bulked up. It appears to me as if he's not just gained a couple of muscles here, but a lot overall in bulk. Much more.
Thoughts?

One of my daughters had two babies (now 5 and 7) in that time period and never was asked to take a DNA test. It was NOT required even though she and her shady ex were not together when the youngest was born. He had moved on to a new girlfriend. No DNA test required. Not sure why she would need one unless another guy stepped up and said he was the father. My daughter and grandbaby left the hospital after 2 days and thankfully her ex has been supporting his kids. I asked if anyone suggested DNA testing and she looked at me like I was crazy! (They were in a common law arrangement because he wanted to "make sure she was worth investing in" before marrying her. Yes, those were his exact words to me when I asked why they were just engaged and having babies together.)

My son is 7. I live in West Texas and was a single mother since I found out I was pregnant. When I had my son they didn’t even ask for fathers name for birth certificate. I did however ask for a paternity test because I was going to ask if my ex wanted to be involved and since he had already accused me of messing around on him to distance himself from us I decided to ask while they were poking and prodding him already(too much info but it’s for context). The hospital said I’d have to go to a dna testing facility that they didn’t provide that for the general public. So no. Also my son was 6 months when I did take the paternity test and he was almost 9 months when we got the 99.9 % positive paternity back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member