TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, but that doesnt exactly sound normal either without cause. I only comment regarding that because your implication is that thats what a caring, worried husband does.
He and I are best friends. If he sees something interesting, he calls. A cool new article or something at work? He calls. He is very attached to his phone. I am not as much but I carry it with me usually so when he couldn't reach me he panicked. That was the first time I wanted an uninterrupted workout and He found my phone on the kitchen table and was worried something happened to me. We DID recently have a break-in in our building (broke the glass back door on bottom floor and took everything valuable of our neighbor's) so he is extra worried about my safety. To me, since this is what I have, a very caring and worry wart husband, normal.

So, I just asked my husband how long it would take him to report me missing if he came home and I was gone, but my car was here and the kids were gone. He says he would probably have 3 or 4 beers before he ever even realized it. Then he said he would call my sister and my best friend to see if I was there. And, then he said he would assume maybe I was at TJ Maxx. Then he says if a day went by he would think maybe I was having an affair. I almost have to laugh at how ridiculous this man is. Maybe SC is just one of these kind of guys..

just asked my husband what if you came home and my car and purse were here how long before you’d worry - He said he’d walk to the neighbors houses that I normally go to and if he didn’t find me within an hour and a half he’d call 911.

Yeah, the original linked article that led to KXAN was posted at 6:32 am today but was updated at 6:50 pm after the press conference and no longer mentions anything about the school call.

So the first link - FBI investigating disappearance of mother and newborn baby in Texas - has the statement but the link inside of that story has been updated and changed.

Simple, huh? o_O

this is why it’s so frustrating as a local person reading stories and then seeing them disappear....

RBBM

His beanie may be like Linus' security blanket.

JMVHO.

BBM:

Unless SC is playing a shepherd in the Christmas play, I'm not seeing it.

upload_2019-12-17_21-42-47.jpeg

Most kids grow out of the need for transitional objects by the age of 4:
Transitional Objects

If SC is still in that place emotionally, I'm extremely concerned.

As if his mood lability isn't enough cause for concern.

JMO.

Last edited:
Chris Watts is the first thing I thought of too.
That smiling...

It's been mentioned by most of us and, naturally, we'll compare these different case videos. The laughing/smiling (extensively gone over as to why that might happen), the swaying (indicative of nothing but self but soothing when stressed). Beyond that, his interviews are NOTHING like Chris Watts. Chris showed no emotion other than boy, howdy, I'm a free man. He even said, regarding spending the night without Shannan and the babies, "There's no life in the house". And, when Chris was swaying, he was watching himself on video, loading his truck and he was sweating f-ing bullets and mostly looked away from the video because he was so busted. I've never seen anyone act so damn guilty.

And, btw, when Shane said he wanted to act naturally, the stupid camera man was playing director, telling him where and how to to stand, etc. IOW, stopping Shane from acting naturally. Camera man should have just up and just shot the tape.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but from my perspective, that presser really was par for the course in terms of LE missing person pcs.

It ran pretty true to form.

As a point of comparison, I just rewatched the initial press conference by Woodland PD after Kelsey Berreth went missing.
*Here's a link to the presser in that case for comparison purposes only, NOT a pc regarding this case:

Aside from the fact that KB's mom spoke briefly at the press conference in that case, the messaging from LE was remarkably similar to what we just heard from APD.
It was even approximately the same length, around 10 minutes or so.
In the Kelsey case, that pc was held on December 10th.
LE stated they had no suspects at that time.
They arrested the moron Frazee for murder on December 21st, a mere 11 days later.

LE rarely admits they have a POI or suspect.
Especially when they actually have a POI or suspect.

They have one in this case, too....or I'll eat my beanie, the fact that I don't actually own a beanie, notwithstanding.

JMO.
I don't think it's a do nothing presser at all. They are doing everything in their power to find Heidi,and baby Margot. They are not just sitting on their laurels going ho hum,with no concern for mother,and Baby. They just need to get as much evidence as they can to move forward. This is not murder she wrote where a crime is solved in one episode and the killer magically confesses every little detail just like that.
MOO

At this point, I'm openly speculating about why SC is wearing that beanie jammed down over his ears in every single interview.

I want him to take off the beanie.

And not just because it's proper etiquette, either.

JMO.

Wearing a beanie inside and outside no matter what the weather is like is just part of the millennial trend right now. All kinds of beanies and hats are big and most young people wear them. It usually has nothing to do with hiding anything. I am a parent of 3 millennials and they all wear beanies. So do all their friends. It's just their thing, and is in no way suspicious.
Urban Dictionary: beanie culture

Thank you. Shane looks like he's headed for an emotional breakdown.

I think so, too. Without us knowing if he's involved or not, it could be for one or the other- he's truly traumatized and distraught which is causing odd behavior- laughing and crying, or if he is guilty, he's remorseful and the guilt is just eating away at him, especially if he killed the baby. IF he did that. Hell if I can make heads or tails out of this.

This is why I can’t believe he is involved. I DO NOT believe he would leave his little boy sitting at that school for 4 hours. The little boy left his mind as he was genuinely searching for her. And when that call came in, he contacted LE. Please start sleuthing other possibilities. That is why we are here.

Oh, please. I am not parsing every word. Far from it. That's just flipping weird. I would never in a million years accidentally refer to my newborn as a man or a woman any more than I'd refer to my guinea pig or cats as a man or woman. It's just something people don't do. Accidentally call one of your kids the name of another one of your kids is normal. Asking for help finding your 2 week old woman is not.
Someone has already given you an example of how a woman can refer to her husband and her baby boy as “my guys”. It’s the same thing. He could have been trying to refer to both of them together and spaced out on what to call them that would apply to both together. So he blurted out something.

Wearing a beanie inside and outside no matter what the weather is like is just part of the millennial trend right now. All kinds of beanies and hats are big and most young people wear them. It usually has nothing to do with hiding anything. I am a parent of 3 millennials and they all wear beanies. So do all their friends. It's just their thing, and is in no way suspicious.
Urban Dictionary: beanie culture
Oh my god, there's a beanie culture ...

SO many guys wear head wear. Beanies are popular and in his case may be hiding a balding spot!
Beanies are the new baseball caps that my brother's generation wears/wore when trying to hide baldness. Cripes, why do we care about him wearing a stinking beanie, of all things? Plenty of other material for folks to be tearing apart, if they so desire, but wearing a beanie?

She called him at 8AM and told him she had gone to the book fair and bought 3 books for $25. That's a damn early book fair.

When my kids were in school, the book fair would usually open before classes started so parents dropping off their kids could come in with their kids and make their selections.

My question is...did SC know the car was at the apartments.
And if he did.. how was Heidi supposed to have picked him up if she wasn't at the apartments. How far from their apartment was the car parked?
I wonder if they have assigned spots there like we do. We have one numbered assigned spot under a car port, not enclosed and we have a garage which has a spot for another car in front of the garage as well. So we could have three cars, but we don't have three. Our garage is directly under our living room. I do not see Garages there. I am not sure if they have designated resident spots or just random parking spots. Anyone know? If they had garages, that would be a whole other area to consider.

At this point, I'm openly speculating about why SC is wearing that beanie jammed down over his ears in every single interview.

I want him to take off the beanie.

And not just because it's proper etiquette, either.

JMO.

I thought about it, as well, and decided that LE sure as hell had him remove it when they talked to him. They probably checked him over for scratches, cuts, bruises, or anything indicating a physical struggle. For us, Shane doesn't need to remove his hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523