TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so, too. Without us knowing if he's involved or not, it could be for one or the other- he's truly traumatized and distraught which is causing odd behavior- laughing and crying, or if he is guilty, he's remorseful and the guilt is just eating away at him, especially if he killed the baby. IF he did that. Hell if I can make heads or tails out of this.

Not to mention that with a new baby in the house, everybody was probably sleep deprived to begin with, and he looks like he hasn't slept since then.

Same here. And when I looked around on the site I ended up at this link:
Police still looking for mom, infant last seen in south Austin
This is the one that has HB's friend's FB post saying the door was wide open, the "husband's" call at noon and the school calling at 6. At this time I'm inclined to take the friend's words as rumor and possibly not accurate. For one thing, if the door was "wide open" wouldn't SC have said something about it in those interviews as it would be huge! SC would surely have called 911 right then and there. Something's wrong with the friend's report.

So it looks like that first article is either gone or buried but lives on in repeats on other sites.

Thank you! I'm not going crazy then haha I am having a hard time taking things in these articles as truth when they are not actual quotes and when it's attributed to an earlier article that isn't even linked properly, it makes me wonder if it's true. I also have a hard time believing that no one here on WS's would have read this article on Monday and posted it here! (we are just better than that ;-) )

This is why I can’t believe he is involved. I DO NOT believe he would leave his little boy sitting at that school for 4 hours. The little boy left his mind as he was genuinely searching for her. And when that call came in, he contacted LE. Please start sleuthing other possibilities. That is why we are here.

I wonder if she has any former boyfriends that need to be looked into.

Former co workers, customers, current co workers etc.

Not unusual. Previous book fairs at that school opened at 7:45. The times for special programs at our elementary schools in Austin start before the bell rings. I went to my nephews veteran’s day program that started at 7:30.

It's been mentioned by most of us and, naturally, we'll compare these different case videos. The laughing/smiling (extensively gone over as to why that might happen), the swaying (indicative of nothing but self but soothing when stressed). Beyond that, his interviews are NOTHING like Chris Watts. Chris showed no emotion other than boy, howdy, I'm a free man. He even said, regarding spending the night without Shannan and the babies, "There's no life in the house". And, when Chris was swaying, he was watching himself on video, loading his truck and he was sweating f-ing bullets and mostly looked away from the video because he was so busted. I've never seen anyone act so damn guilty.

And, btw, when Shane said he wanted to act naturally, the stupid camera man was playing director, telling him where and how to to stand, etc. IOW, stopping Shane from acting naturally. Camera man should have just up and just shot the tape.

Most of your comment is a misrepresentation of it in my opinion. In the interview when CW is standing on the porch he is swaying, smiling, joking and it is not the police body recording while watching the recording of himself.

Cw showed plenty of emotion it just wasnt typical of the type of emotion expressed when people you love are missing. When he said there was no life in the house he was giving himself away subconsciously but I dont think it was excitement of being a free man, I think it was more indicative of what he did, and his guilt.

I am no expert but I agree swaying in and of it itself ony indicates self soothing, and nervousness but taken into consideration with many other things that is when it becomes more. In this case, you have to consider what was the current discussion when he starts doing that, what was his demeanor at the time? Did it all match? Not in my opinion!

So, I just asked my husband how long it would take him to report me missing if he came home and I was gone, but my car was here and the kids were gone. He says he would probably have 3 or 4 beers before he ever even realized it. Then he said he would call my sister and my best friend to see if I was there. And, then he said he would assume maybe I was at TJ Maxx. Then he says if a day went by he would think maybe I was having an affair. I almost have to laugh at how ridiculous this man is. Maybe SC is just one of these kind of guys..
Too funny, I can SO relate to this!

Yeah my husband is just like this.... Over 20 years of marriage and I have never left food out, a dirty kitchen, or dirty dishes in the kitchen and left the house or went to bed. Yet I think if he came home and there was food on the counter or a mess he would assume I left it out for him. My husband is the least observant person I have ever met, and I think it has caused me to be overly observant to make up for it.

My husband might try to call me to see if there's dinner already made and he just couldn't find it in the refrigerator, but if I didn't answer, he wouldn't worry one whiffle. Just be annoyed he had to make or order out his own dinner, haha. My husband would be totally clueless.

Also, if anyone interviewed him, important facts about me would leave his brain and not return until I did, lol. I am totally serious, too. He would jumble everything up and add or subtract things every time he was interviewed. He's just that kind of guy, but he's a loving, caring, hard working guy, no drugs, doesn't drink or smoke, excellent and outstanding father, right from the day our children were born. So, I'll take his lack of observational skills and awful memory, lol.

I've watched it. I find it very emotional. I understand this is a serious thing to happen, but even if he were to laugh at something- or smile does it automatically make him guilty? That seems crazy to me to jump to this sort of conclusion. From everything we know right now- he is completely innocent and a victim himself.

I think that's only crazy to someone who hasn't followed cases like this for long. He didn't just laugh at something or smile once. It was repeatedly. And it's not seen in these cases where someone is innocent. So it's disturbing for many of us to see here.

Could it just be a strange affect or unique person or just how they handle things? Yes. Anything is possible.

But when coupled with many other things, the various anomalies of this case start to add up.

People made the exact same arguments with Chris Watts. Precise. And he didn't laugh or smile as much as this guy. (Although to be fair, this guy does cry and CW never did).

This is really like deja vu. We had the same debates on that thread. We've had them on so many.

Could this be the first case I've seen of an innocent man breaking out into wide, gleeful smiles? Mirthful smirks? Chuckles, laughter and guffaws when he has no idea where his precious newborn baby and wife to be are?

It's possible.

"Duping delight" is the name Meyer gives to the phenomenon of someone smiling inappropriately due to the gravity of the question being asked of them.
A fraud expert reveals 4 body language 'hotspots' that show if someone is lying

Facial Expressions: Twitchy Eyes and Lip Movements
A disingenuous smile is another indicator of a lie, according to Brown. "Duper's Delight," for example, happens when someone smiles at an inappropriate moment, like when they have just been caught in a lie.
Hand Gestures: Too Much Touching
In uncomfortable situations, adults try to comfort themselves (somebody has to, right?). To do so, they'll touch their mouth, eyes, ears, and nose to alleviate their sense of stress or worry.
You might even notice that a suspected liar begins to scratch himself. "Stress negatively affects nerve endings, which causes people to feel itchy," says Wood. The eyes, nose, ears, and mouth have the most nerve endings, so they are often the first areas for which someone may reach.
Fidgety Feet: Twisting, Tapping, and More
Last but not least, fidgety feet are a major indicator of guilt. "We have the least control over our feet," Brown says. "When people are answering tough questions and are on the spot, they'll look like they're rocking."
Body Language Experts Share the Sneaky Signs That Your Partner Is Lying - How to Tell If Someone Is Lying

Last edited:
This is why I can’t believe he is involved. I DO NOT believe he would leave his little boy sitting at that school for 4 hours. The little boy left his mind as he was genuinely searching for her. And when that call came in, he contacted LE.

That's one interpretation. The other interpretation is that in the downtime before his father arrived (after 6, I believe), he was playing video games, partaking in mind-altering substances, basically in fact anything.

Please start sleuthing other possibilities. That is why we are here.

What are your ideas? Just wondering, because we haven't heard anyone close to the case worrying about either partner being involved in affairs; nobody has mentioned whether or not anyone had a grudge against or reason to harm either SC or HB; and LE hasn't given the remaining people of Austin one shred of cause for alarm that they might need to make sure to lock their own doors and pay special attention to their own cars, purses, diaper bags, and/or babies in arms. Just who and what exactly should we be sleuthing?

Someone has already given you an example of how a woman can refer to her husband and her baby boy as “my guys”. It’s the same thing. He could have been trying to refer to both of them together and spaced out on what to call them that would apply to both together. So he blurted out something.

It is not the same thing, we have over an hour of interviews with him and he has not used any personal pronouns that connect himself to Heidi or Margo. It is very strange.

This is why I can’t believe he is involved. I DO NOT believe he would leave his little boy sitting at that school for 4 hours. The little boy left his mind as he was genuinely searching for her. And when that call came in, he contacted LE. Please start sleuthing other possibilities. That is why we are here.
If he was really busy he would. MOO

hmmm it still doesn't link to the original KXAN article that says this. That is what I'm looking for. The article in pulling info from an affiliate (being KXAN), I can not find an article that actually says this from KXAN though.

[DBM]

It does seem odd but I have to say I’ve seen hipster-style guys in Seattle do the same.

OMG, yes. The hats are as prevalent as blue jeans were for hippies. Lots of people don't like to remove their hats and caps (baseball caps, too). You know the police, who are not stupid, have checked him out and that's what matters.

just asked my husband what if you came home and my car and purse were here how long before you’d worry - He said he’d walk to the neighbors houses that I normally go to and if he didn’t find me within an hour and a half he’d call 911.

this is why it’s so frustrating as a local person reading stories and then seeing them disappear....
My cousin overdosed in Austin, Texas. She was dead for days before a police officer contacted me and it was only because I was the last person to speak to her when she was alive. She was a recovering addict with a felony conviction and none of us asked how she got her money and managed her affairs. In retrospect I should have. All I do know is the investigating police detective assumed she was committing crimes and possibly prostituting. It was my understanding that heroin is a major issue there, much like it is everywhere now. Addicts will do anything and harm anyone for an opiate. What are your thoughts on this as a local? Are there crimes related to the use of drugs often in the area?

BBM:

"..as he was genuinely searching for her?"

When is it you think he was genuinely searching for her?
Because he wasn't out searching for her before the school called him that day.

According to him, he thought she was at her friend's apartment or something.
With a newborn baby.

So, that ain't why SC didn't go pick up his son.
I think he was busy doing other things, and completely forgot all about him.

On that point, we're agreed.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads