TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously which part?

I don’t think it’s a hoax as some have put forward as a possibility. Jmo.

And I couldn’t tell by HB’s moms interview if she meant she wanted to see her grandson or wanted everyone back together again (or both). If SC isn’t allowing them to speak with their grandson it could be telling.

If I’m remembering correctly Josh Powell denied his in laws access to the children.

moo
Ok
I haven't seen any ridiculous post about it being a hoax, so I was a thrown aback at that.I did notice what Heidi's mom said,and suspected as much. I was really wondering why SC called his dad,and not her mom first. That really sticks out to me.

It is not the same thing, we have over an hour of interviews with him and he has not used any personal pronouns that connect himself to Heidi or Margo. It is very strange.

He consistently refers to HB as "a great mom."

Which I'm sure she is...however, she's not HIS mom.

She's HIS girlfriend.

So why not say she's a great fiancé, or girlfriend, or partner, in addition to saying she's a great mom?

Where's the "I love her, I miss her, and I just want her back?"

It's all this collective "We" language instead.

There's no ownership or acknowledgment of a relationship existing b/t the two of them.

That's completely missing.

JMO.

Last edited:

That's interesting. He said he was getting off early "too". So did he expect her there to spend time together. That should have added to his sense of alarm.

just asked my husband what if you came home and my car and purse were here how long before you’d worry - He said he’d walk to the neighbors houses that I normally go to and if he didn’t find me within an hour and a half he’d call 911.

this is why it’s so frustrating as a local person reading stories and then seeing them disappear....

Unless you add in the newborn, the car left behind, the purse and money left behind, the diaper bag left behind, the hours not having talked to one another, etc., the answer isn't going to indicate much when it comes to what could be normal in this case though, right?

Wearing a beanie inside and outside no matter what the weather is like is just part of the millennial trend right now. All kinds of beanies and hats are big and most young people wear them. It usually has nothing to do with hiding anything. I am a parent of 3 millennials and they all wear beanies. So do all their friends. It's just their thing, and is in no way suspicious.
Urban Dictionary: beanie culture

My husband is in his 50's and wears a beanie inside and outside. In fact, he's next to me on our couch right now wearing one. It's not just a Millennial thing.:D

Seriously which part?

I don’t think it’s a hoax as some have put forward as a possibility. Jmo.

And I couldn’t tell by HB’s moms interview if she meant she wanted to see her grandson or wanted everyone back together again (or both). If SC isn’t allowing them to speak with their grandson it could be telling.

If I’m remembering correctly Josh Powell denied his in laws access to the children.

moo

BBM:

Patrick Frazee also denied Kelsey's parents access to their child, too.

Before he was arrested, anyway.

JMO.

My final post tonight. It’s easy to accuse a significant other. In most cases they are the POI. It is NOT easy for us, as a society, to believe that real monsters live among us and prey on innocent people. Sadly, this is true. We all have to watch our backs. Ted Bundy and many others were calculated murderers. There are also people who want babies and they will pay huge amounts of money for them. They hire criminal minded people to help them and they pay them very well. I challenge everyone to think of the less obvious tonight please. Goodnight
And during the holidays, desperate people do desperate things. Maybe someone was about to have to produce a new baby to show at a family holiday function, that they’ve been lying about. Some of you may think that isn’t an option, since the mom is missing as well but if someone was trying to take my new baby, they would have to kill me to do it. Especially if the baby was with me when they took him/her. I pray this isn’t the case but they seriously need to consider all angles. Nothing people do surprises me now days. We are living in a strange Evil world.

I think that's only crazy to someone who hasn't followed cases like this for long. He didn't just laugh at something or smile once. It was repeatedly. And it's not seen in these cases where someone is innocent. So it's disturbing for many of us to see here.

Could it just be a strange affect or unique person or just how they handle things? Yes. Anything is possible.

But when coupled with many other things, the various anomalies of this case start to add up.

People made the exact same arguments with Chris Watts. Precise. And he didn't laugh or smile as much as this guy. (Although to be fair, this guy does cry and CW never did).

This is really like deja vu. We had the same debates on that thread. We've had them on so many.

Could this be the first case I've seen of an innocent man breaking out into wide, gleeful smiles? Mirthful smirks? Chuckles, laughter and guffaws when he has no idea where his precious newborn baby and wife to be are?

It's possible.

"Duping delight" is the name Meyer gives to the phenomenon of someone smiling inappropriately due to the gravity of the question being asked of them.
A fraud expert reveals 4 body language 'hotspots' that show if someone is lying

Facial Expressions: Twitchy Eyes and Lip Movements
A disingenuous smile is another indicator of a lie, according to Brown. "Duper's Delight," for example, happens when someone smiles at an inappropriate moment, like when they have just been caught in a lie.
Hand Gestures: Too Much Touching
In uncomfortable situations, adults try to comfort themselves (somebody has to, right?). To do so, they'll touch their mouth, eyes, ears, and nose to alleviate their sense of stress or worry.
You might even notice that a suspected liar begins to scratch himself. "Stress negatively affects nerve endings, which causes people to feel itchy," says Wood. The eyes, nose, ears, and mouth have the most nerve endings, so they are often the first areas for which someone may reach.
Fidgety Feet: Twisting, Tapping, and More
Last but not least, fidgety feet are a major indicator of guilt. "We have the least control over our feet," Brown says. "When people are answering tough questions and are on the spot, they'll look like they're rocking."
Body Language Experts Share the Sneaky Signs That Your Partner Is Lying - How to Tell If Someone Is Lying
Seems like you put a lot of weight in the reliability of body language.

Do you feel that body language should be used as probable cause for search warrants?

How about as evidence in court during trial?

I didn’t follow the Watts case, so I went back to watch his interviews. I do not see the correlation... CW had amazing eye contact for a guilty man, SC does not. I don’t think much is to be read there.

Liars often do have amazing eye contact because they're checking to see if the other person is believing them.

But it can be hard for people with any real sense of guilt to lie while looking someone in the eyes.

However yeah, I don;t see anything in common except the smiling and laughing and swaying.

I just can’t figure out with SC what the motive would be and for that reason I keep going back to the drawing board on what the other avenues are right now. I think the baby is what keeps throwing me off. If they got in an argument or they were having issues I can see that as a motive for why Heidi is missing, but not the baby.

I really am not leaning in one particular direction until we know a little more but just wanted to offer a suggestion of why an unexpected unanticipated fight between adults may have caused the baby harm too. "the stairs"

I sure hope nobody was pushed or accidentally fell while running down a set of stairs and especially if someone had a baby in their arms.

We do know, however, from previous photos that he was a rather slender, more slight man. He is seriously bulked up from previous photos. He is a mover, but some movers are slight/wiry, not bulked up. It appears to me as if he's not just gained a couple of muscles here, but a lot overall in bulk. Much more.
Thoughts?
RSABBM
Working out with steroids? Just a thought.

BBM:

"..as he was genuinely searching for her?"

When do you think he was genuinely searching for her?
Because he wasn't searching for her before the school called him that day.

According to him, he thought she was at her friend's apartment or something.
With a newborn baby.

So, that ain't why SC didn't go pick up his son.
I think he was busy doing other things, and forgot all about him.

On that point, we're agreed.

JMO.

BBM

Like what? Because we don't know jack about what was going on that afternoon. No reporter has bothered to ask. The police haven't said anything about it though you know they've been checking it out. I really wish a reporter wold ASK HIM.

I'm not so sure. It would have been witnessed by a lot of people if it was done but we haven't heard a word about it.

Same with searching the dumpsters in the apartment complex. JMO
What are you saying? They're doing a crappy job?

My husband would be worried right away. We parent as a team. He is very involved, would know I was counting on his help when he got home from work and that I wouldn't be out socializing with a newborn for hours AND without a diaper bag etc.

In fact, if he really believed I was visiting a neighbor in the complex, and saw the diaper bag was at home, he would very likely come bring me the diaper bag. I would still need menstrual pads for myself at a few weeks post-partum along with Advil for a wicked post-partum headache I had that lasted weeks and I would have those in my purse or my diaper bag. I wouldn't be out without those for hours. I would also want some food if I was breast feeding, enough formula if I was bottle feeding, etc. The diaper bag and purse not being with HB is a huge red flag that things are not okay. A husband/boyfriend/SO who has had a child in the past would know that, in my opinion. He would text things like "Are you at So and So's house?" "do you need the diaper bag/purse?" "Is the baby fussy?" "I'm here if you need me." Husbands and wives function very much as a team especially in the very early days of parenting a new baby while everyone is recovering and getting adjusted in my experience. This not thinking anything was amiss for hours doesn't feel right to me as someone who has experienced recovering from birth while caring for a newborn aka "the fourth trimester."
Consider yourself Lucky!.... a lot of men aren’t that great at being partners. I chose wrong in that department, and I can almost guarantee SC is closer to my SO than your wonderful husband. That being said, I’m very concerned about the domestic life of these two. Incredibly sad:( MOooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MHPortland