TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wearing a beanie inside and outside no matter what the weather is like is just part of the millennial trend right now. All kinds of beanies and hats are big and most young people wear them. It usually has nothing to do with hiding anything. I am a parent of 3 millennials and they all wear beanies. So do all their friends. It's just their thing, and is in no way suspicious.
Urban Dictionary: beanie culture

Lose the beanie!!!

My final post tonight. It’s easy to accuse a significant other. In most cases they are the POI. It is NOT easy for us, as a society, to believe that real monsters live among us and prey on innocent people. Sadly, this is true. We all have to watch our backs. Ted Bundy and many others were calculated murderers. There are also people who want babies and they will pay huge amounts of money for them. They hire criminal minded people to help them and they pay them very well. I challenge everyone to think of the less obvious tonight please. Goodnight

Seriously?
Seriously which part?

I don’t think it’s a hoax as some have put forward as a possibility. Jmo.

And I couldn’t tell by HB’s moms interview if she meant she wanted to see her grandson or wanted everyone back together again (or both). If SC isn’t allowing them to speak with their grandson it could be telling.

If I’m remembering correctly Josh Powell denied his in laws access to the children.

moo

I don't think it's a do nothing presser at all. They are doing everything in their power to find Heidi,and baby Margot. They are not just sitting on their laurels going ho hum,with no concern for mother,and Baby. They just need to get as much evidence as they can to move forward. This is not murder she wrote where a crime is solved in one episode and the killer magically confesses every little detail just like that.
MOO
I wonder if LE had an HRD dog do a pass around Heidi's car to see if it would alert?

That would be on my list of doing everything in their power in this case.

JMO

My husband would be worried right away. We parent as a team. He is very involved, would know I was counting on his help when he got home from work and that I wouldn't be out socializing with a newborn for hours AND without a diaper bag etc.

In fact, if he really believed I was visiting a neighbor in the complex, and saw the diaper bag was at home, he would very likely come bring me the diaper bag. I would still need menstrual pads for myself at a few weeks post-partum along with Advil for a wicked post-partum headache I had that lasted weeks and I would have those in my purse or my diaper bag. I wouldn't be out without those for hours. I would also want some food if I was breast feeding, enough formula if I was bottle feeding, etc. The diaper bag and purse not being with HB is a huge red flag that things are not okay. A husband/boyfriend/SO who has had a child in the past would know that, in my opinion. He would text things like "Are you at So and So's house?" "do you need the diaper bag/purse?" "Is the baby fussy?" "I'm here if you need me." Husbands and wives function very much as a team especially in the very early days of parenting a new baby while everyone is recovering and getting adjusted in my experience. This not thinking anything was amiss for hours doesn't feel right to me as someone who has experienced recovering from birth while caring for a newborn aka "the fourth trimester."

It is not the same thing, we have over an hour of interviews with him and he has not used any personal pronouns that connect himself to Heidi or Margo. It is very strange.
What are you talking about? I’ve watched his videos. “I love you. Please come home. I miss you.” What personal pronouns are you looking for?

I just can’t figure out with SC what the motive would be and for that reason I keep going back to the drawing board on what the other avenues are right now. I think the baby is what keeps throwing me off. If they got in an argument or they were having issues I can see that as a motive for why Heidi is missing, but not the baby.

I'm not hung up on the $25 conversation. It could have been as simple as she called him because she was excited (he said) that she had found three books to cross off their list. "Hi Honey, I got three books today at the book fair that Child 1 and Child 2 will love for Christmas! Yikes, but they cost $25." To which he replies "Hey, it's okay". I don't see it as a problem. I know it can be for some people, but I don't think he'd bring it up if it was the catalyst for a heat-of-the-moment fight.

As for those unaccounted-for (to us, you have to know LE knows exactly where he was and what he was doing every minute of that day at after) afternoon hours, jeez he could have been napping like others have said or out screwing around or otherwise occupied. There truly are some men/dads (even women/mothers) who are so self-involved they just really don't pay attention unless it's directly impacting them. Yes, even when they have a newborn. "I'm hungry. Where's dinner? What...no one's here... looks at watch...omg it's later than I thought". That's if he was home. He could have come home at 2ish and gone back out.

Seven years engagement? Nope, going steady maybe, but seven years is not an engagement. Yes, I judge everyone who claims engagements and fiancees over a several year timespan. Fish or cut bait people.

I'm not watching those videos again, does anybody recall him telling that he loves her and needs her home? I'm not doubting he loves her, just can't remember if he said the words. I know people are different and not demonstrative that way, but he is clearly emotional about her being missing, I just don't recall hearing the words "I love you". I probably have selective hearing. DH and I are Schmoopies in that we are always telling each other how much we love each other. I'm sure some people roll their eyes at us, but hey, we've been together a long time and we've earned that right to hold hands in public and say I love you randomly during the day.

It's curious to see comments wondering is LE has done this or that or suggesting they should do XYZ...seriously, now. Do people really think they don't know what they're doing? No wonder they get annoyed with websleuthers, lol!

If he never tried to contact her again after that call at 1:40 or 2 where he said her phone was dead, then yes, I do think it's odd having a newborn, and maybe even selfish, but not suspicious necessarily.

My cousin overdosed in Austin, Texas. She was dead for days before a police officer contacted me and it was only because I was the last person to speak to her when she was alive. She was a recovering addict with a felony conviction and none of us asked how she got her money and managed her affairs. In retrospect I should have. All I do know is the investigating police detective assumed she was committing crimes and possibly prostituting. It was my understanding that heroin is a major issue there, much like it is everywhere now. Addicts will do anything and harm anyone for an opiate. What are your thoughts on this as a local? Are there crimes related to the use of drugs often in the area?

my goodness I’m so sorry.
We have had a lot of newsworthy incidents of tainted K2 etc here but not much making news with heroin that I’ve seen.

Okay so I just got caught up with this thread. I'm still in the mindset that I don't want to place judgement on SC yet, mainly because I have a couple questions that need answers, as there are some things that don't add up to me as far as him being involved goes. Maybe you awesome Websleuther's can make sense of it for me. When it came to the Aniah Blanchard case I know the members on here nailed it. So here are my questions that it would be cool to get your thoughts on:

-If he was going to stage a kidnapping where it looked like she was specifically the target why wouldn't he have left the baby behind? Doesn't make sense to me unless he didn't want to deal with a newborn.

-If LE had footage of her entering the apartments which would be confirmation she was in fact there then don't you think they'd have some kind of footage of her leaving or footage that pointed to SC being involved? I feel like there would be some sort of indication that he was involved for instance video footage of the both of them entering and leaving?

-If an argument ensued you'd think someone would have heard or seen something?

IDK some of this doesn't add up to me that would make sense if he had something to do with it.

- I think he wanted to make it look like she ran off with the baby.

- It’s quite possible they don’t have video and only assume she made it back there because the car was there and she was last driving it

- Maybe there was no argument? Doesn’t take much to hit someone and stun them, then strangle or whatever. :(

Last edited:
Random musing:

I 'feel' like if there's going to be 1 arrest there will also be a second arrest. JMO. *IF* the disappearance of HB & MC was caused by other than HB then it took at least two people to carry this out. MOO

That's all my brain can 'do' with what we have at this point.

I just can’t figure out with SC what the motive would be and for that reason I keep going back to the drawing board on what the other avenues are right now. I think the baby is what keeps throwing me off. If they got in an argument or they were having issues I can see that as a motive for why Heidi is missing, but not the baby.

On again/off again relationship. Child support. If you've never had a man in your life responsible for child support you might not understand just how angry they can get about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MHPortland