TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one of the parts that really strikes me as important.

Isnt it true that you would get voicemail even if a person is on the phone, so one cannot really tell the phone was turned off unless they tried calling a bunch of times over a period of time and finally have to assume that.

So how would he be so certain her phone was off at a certain time? It doesnt make sense to me.

Ok
I haven't seen any ridiculous post about it being a hoax, so I was a thrown aback at that.I did notice what Heidi's mom said,and suspected as much. I was really wondering why SC called his dad,and not her mom first. That really sticks out to me.
To be honest, if my parents were alive and my husband went missing- I would call them first, most likely after I called LE, if I really was worried something was wrong with hubby. I would definitely call his parents right after, but sometimes, it's a comfort thing, you know what I mean? I thought she said that SC did call her?

Well thank you.

I still would like to know if they used an HRD dog on the car. And the apartment for that matter. A positive alert would give LE probable cause to get a warrant to do more extensive searches in this case. JMO
Somewhere early on they mentioned having a dog at the complex for the search. Does anyone else remember where this was mentioned?

If this was the first day that HB was taking the 6 yr old to school in the morning after the birth of the baby, presumably SC was doing it for the first two weeks. That means SC would have been getting to work a lot later during those first two weeks, or maybe he took some days off. So was the Thursday that she disappeared SC's first day back to work at the usual time?

To be honest, if my parents were alive and my husband went missing- I would call them first, most likely after I called LE, if I really was worried something was wrong with hubby. I would definitely call his parents right after, but sometimes, it's a comfort thing, you know what I mean? I thought she said that SC did call her?
I would call my husbands parents first in case he went to their house or spoke to them about something he was going to do.

moo

Bringing this early article forward again because it mentions a few things people have asked for links of:

“Broussard’s mother told KXAN she’s driving from Louisiana to help search for her daughter and granddaughter.”
(So Heidi’s Mom was not staying with her at the time of her disappearance, she came after)

“In addition to the details provided by police, her friends say online that when Broussard’s husband arrived home, her vehicle, purse and baby bag were all there but the door was wide open and she and the baby were missing. Police have not confirmed that.”
(So door being wide open originated from Facebook and not confirmed)

Image attached shows the Facebook post mentioning door wide open and that the school called at 6. (Image and quotes above allfrom this msm article below).

Police still looking for mom, infant last seen in south Austin

Last edited by a moderator:
If he was supposed to pick up the boy, why did the school have to call him at 6?

Yes, the school did call at 6 to say no one had picked up the boy. I am pretty sure that she was the person who picked up and dropped off, as she was the stay at home mom at that time.

And in the original reports, it was said that 'she did not pick up her son.'

Does it makes sense that she would leave her diaper bag and purse at home, turn off her phone, and hang out at a neighbours, and never check in with anyone, including her husband? --- For 11 hours she wouldn't check in with him?

That doesn't make sense to me and it seems weird that he didn't have any concerns about it.

You don't have to be especially 'observant' to realise that your son needs to be picked up from school and your wife's car is in the parking lot and she and the baby are are nowhere to be found.

This school call seems to be something that is not confirmed as far as I can tell. Then there is a new article tonight saying that he said the school never called, which was not a direct quote but linked to an affiliate that I can't seem to find the original article lol

I don't want to listen to the interviews again, but I don't recall him ever saying that the school called so he went and picked up his son, he just says that he went and got him. I am not even sure at this point where the "he got a call from the school" came from?

There are so many unknowns here. We don't know what their routine is, did SC normally pick up the son at 6? did Heidi usually pick him up before having the baby? I'm not sure we can even say they had a routine at this point.

Somewhere early on they mentioned having a dog at the complex for the search. Does anyone else remember where this was mentioned?
Yes it was linked here from @Knox

·
Dec 13

NOW: An
@Austin_Police
chopper is circling in the area of missing 33yo Heidi Broussard’s apartment. Detectives are still at the apartment. APD also tells us
@TPWDnews
Game Wardens provided a K9 to help with the case.
@KVUE

Bringing this early article forward again because it mentions a few things people have asked for links of:

“Broussard’s mother told KXAN she’s driving from Louisiana to help search for her daughter and granddaughter.”
(So Heidi’s Mom was not staying with her at the time of her disappearance, she came after)

“In addition to the details provided by police, her friends say online that when Broussard’s husband arrived home, her vehicle, purse and baby bag were all there but the door was wide open and she and the baby were missing. Police have not confirmed that.”
(So door being wide open originated from Facebook and not confirmed)

Image attached shows the Facebook post mentioning door wide open and that the school called at 6. (Image and quotes above allfrom this msm article below).

Police still looking for mom, infant last seen in south Austin
WTH?

Just my opinion. I do not see him as endearing.
At all.
I personally see him as calculating.
At this point he is a victim.
I truly hope that he is a victim.

As always, excellent points. I can understand feeling empathy for this guy by many and considering him not to be murderer material because unless he deserves an Oscar, he is obviously in serious pain. We feel his pain. It tugs at our heartstrings.

But I find his story and the way he tells it problematic. That combined with statistics leads me in another direction. I just personally think it is remorse. Maybe even guilt. Very painful remorse possibly coupled with fear for what the future will bring.

I think there was a lot of potential deception and smoke/mirrors in his interviews, but I can see why people feel his pain and equate that with innocence. That and his obvious discomfort in front of the cameras and his otherwise pretty good manners (apologizing to the reporters for his missteps in taping) are endearing qualities.

Unfortunately, very otherwise likable people can do very bad things. And they may even be in terrible emotional pain as a result. As you said, not everyone who commits murder is a sociopath. Thanks for the examples.

If people are wanting more sleuthing then there is the possible "I want a baby now at any means necessary" scenario. She could have been lured by a female who had an accomplice or not into one of the apartments or close to a vehicle then taken. Once in an apartment mom would be subdued and ppl would have to either hide both infant and mom or move them quickly. If taken by vehicle then they are in the wind so to speak. For those who think being lured close to a car or taken in the day isn't possible. Think of how easy it would be to overpower or sneak up on a mom who has her hands full or is distracted by getting the baby then all the baby things out of the car. Half your body is in the car unbuckling straps on the carseat and your head is inside the car. You can easily be taken bc your back is to the world and you can't see anything or anyone approaching. The apartment scenario is obviously less likely due to a crying baby being heard by neighbors and the complexity of pulling it off. Again, only speculation at this point at what really happened.

This school call seems to be something that is not confirmed as far as I can tell. Then there is a new article tonight saying that he said the school never called, which was not a direct quote but linked to an affiliate that I can't seem to find the original article lol

I don't want to listen to the interviews again, but I don't recall him ever saying that the school called so he went and picked up his son, he just says that he went and got him. I am not even sure at this point where the "he got a call from the school" came from?

There are so many unknowns here. We don't know what their routine is, did SC normally pick up the son at 6? did Heidi usually pick him up before having the baby? I'm not sure we can even say they had a routine at this point.

I don't understand why people can't see the quote where it says the school never called. Here's yet another link

FBI investigating disappearance of mother and newborn baby in Texas

Husband of missing mom and newborn asks public to call police ‘if you see an awesome mom with a baby’

BBM. I'd say that, although the news doesn't say, if they found him at a T-Mobile store, they definitely found him there later than 7:30PM on the day of the abduction, because they wouldn't have gone looking for him if it had been earlier, because they wouldn't have known there was a missing mother and baby or that they should be trying to track down SC.

It was on the 13th. The next day. I linked to the article.

This is all 100% your opinion, not fact. It’s great you want to defend him, but everyone else is entitled to their opinions just as you are. IMO he is precisely like CW. And his act natural cr*p was the second time that sort of thing happened when questioned about his time after work. It wasn’t the cameraman’s fault. The guy had to give him direction because he was just a mess and people don’t want to watch something like what they managed to get from SC. It was the worst interview I’ve ever seen.

Hold on there. I am not defending him. He may be a killer and he may not. I don't know. If he is, I want him put away and I'm confident the investigators will figure it out. There's plenty that I'm very suspect about but that doesn't make him guilty, evidence does. When and if he's arrested I'll go there. What I said about Watts is fact. That's how he acted (happy) and that's what he said (told on himself). What I said about Shane being told what to do when he said he wanted to act naturally was also a fact. That doesn't imply innocence or guilt. It was an observation of what occurred. So, where we disagree is "he is exactly like Watts". There are similarities in some of the behavior but also big differences. And, yeah, everyone is entitled to whatever opinions or theories they have. I have no theory and I can't read him. The only thing I'm interested in is the truth. My wish is that Heidi and Margo are found alive and safe, but I'm not hopeful.

I know- I've brought that up several times myself. I understand why he looks suspicious to others, but some of his actions remind me of someone with a learning disability. I think this is why I am hesitating in believing he is guilty- my heart and head aren't matching up, because I do see signs of an LD as well as anxiety. However, he could also have those issues and still be guilty, too.

Damn I hate when I can't form a solid opinion. Usually I sense things right away along with everyone else (and sometimes before many others, haha).
I totally get where you are coming from. I am right there with you. I have a friend who rocks back and forth when he talks, and laughs after almost everything he says, it doesn’t matter what is going on, he was throwing up blood and laughing when he told people about it. His wife died after two bouts of leukemia and bone marrow transplants and at her memorial gathering he was rocking back and forth and laughing. He adored his wife and took excellent care of her. The sun rose and set in that woman.

As far as Shane is concerned, it pretty much looks like most here have made up their minds. I have not yet, for the same reasons you cited.

However, years ago I was a hold out on a case that was obvious to everyone else and they couldn’t see why I didn’t see it. It got ugly. No matter what they gave me as proof, I couldn’t get there. Long story short, they were right and I was wrong. I learned A valuable lesson. I don’t fight anyone’s opinion but I’m not so dug into mine I am not capable of seeing the other side. IMO

If we can find a MSM link that would be great.

I did look at TPW wardens using working dogs and found this.

The dogs will be used for various purposes including detection of illegally taken or smuggled game and fish, search and rescue, cadaver search and narcotics enforcement. Most of the dogs will have dual functions such as wildlife detection and search and rescue.

I hope they don't use dual trained "cadaver dogs" in criminal cases. It could cause problems in prosecutions as it's not a best practice.

Defense lawyer's can say that the positive alert for was for drugs or what ever the dogs were trained on and not decomposing human remains. JMO.

Game Wardens Expand Ways to Serve With New Teams|| TPW magazine|January/February 2014

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm forgetting something already:

If she's missing and one didn't cause that oneself, one would have to think perhaps she purposely left.

He says "if anyone sees an awesome woman walking around... call someone..."

But does he ask her directly to come home? Did he make an impassioned plea for that? Perhaps I just forgot.

Baby, so fragile at 3 weeks, was dropped during the incident/fight/assault perhaps. Again, unintentional.

Sad, but this feels possible. Somewhat less painful than considering the intentional murder of a newborn. Three. Weeks. Old.

I said earlier that I was hoping the baby might still be alive but hidden, because the FBI Child abduction team was called in. But a few articles I’ve read seem to be downplaying the CARD team’s presence.

Like this one.

“Franks said this case is also unique because it involves the disappearance of a child, which is why the FBI's Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) team is now playing a role in the investigation.

After reviewing APD's first press conference following Heidi and Margot's disappearance, Franks said he is not convinced abduction played a role.

"Since Thursday, there haven't been any demands, that I'm aware of," said Frank. "It's not like a typical kidnapping or anything, so it tends to indicate that there are other circumstances involved. I just don't know what they are."

Former FBI agent explains time significance, possible explanations in missing mother case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia