TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped
A friend, Caressa Rachelle Nolte, wrote on Facebook, “She went to (the) book fair today at 8 a.m. with her little boy then at 12 her (fiance) tried to call her and it went to voicemail like it was dead then at 6 p.m. the school called her (fiance) and said that Heidi had never showed up to get (their) little boy.”
Heidi Broussard Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
==========================
IF true, why was he calling her at noon?

I don't think we have enough information to say whether that was a normal everyday occurrence or not, MOO.

This is part of the posts I'm talking about - there's lots more info that was widely reported from those posts, which are now unavailable. This is all that remains.

I agree, but - who told the friends these things? We have to ask ourselves that question, because we really don't know how formal the situation was, did they misunderstand the speaker (was it SC?), did they go over there in person?

the books may have made it home - doesn't mean she did IMO. Books could have been transferred

I absolutely had that thought too, but I had to depart from it because I thought discussing it would veer too close to victim blaming.

Maybe he’s one of those wannabe people. They wannabe a cop or detective or whatever. In other words, they need to be a hero due to low self esteem. I’ve not formed an opinion yet on him however, the wording (“no evidence”), the lists of “clues” of where things were found, asking about screams, dumpster diving, hitting up the cell phone store looking for pings, interrogating possible witnesses via “sitting outside”. Sounds odd yes. But if there is a self esteem issue or he’s full of macho guilt (not guilt from the crime) then I can see him playing detective, for lack of better wording. Yes I know I’m grasping. I just don’t want to fall off my cloud just yet.
I also caught that he said there is no evidence. Hmmmm ok. How would he know what is evidence,and what isn't?

Taken on her way to get the mail? Not unreasonable to think she'd have the baby with her for a short walk.
Would she be checking her mail so early ? assuming she got home from the book fair around 8:15 (this is my guess based on the phone call he said he had with her on the $25 spent) and the school was only 3 miles (posted upthread)? I guess she could be getting the prior day's mail or maybe they have a really early mail delivery?

Okay in regard to the open door, I found it mentioned in this source: Search underway for missing mom, infant

“in addition to the details provided by police, Broussard's friends say online that when her husband arrived home, her vehicle, purse and baby bag were all there but the door was wide open and she and the baby were missing. Police have not confirmed that.”

So take that with a grain of salt. “Not confirmed”

edit to add: other reports discuss the car door being unlocked but do not mention the apartment front door at all.

I speak to my mother every single day. Every day. If I don't call her, she calls me to find out why I haven't called. Why is him calling his dad unusual? He may have just been calling him to talk and casually mentioned her being gone and not knowing where she is. I can say without a doubt that I have done the same. I've said to my mom that my husband isn't home yet or something before. She didn't automatically assume he was in a ditch somewhere. There is nothing unusual about anything this man has done... yet. He is obviously distraught. He seems anxious and awkward. He, very responsibly, sent the son to someone else. I would have too. Imagine trying to take care of a child while this is happening. I probably wouldn't even leave my bed. People on here critique everything he is doing and every movement he makes - none of it is that unusual. He is losing sleep, is exhausted, probably sick with worry and seems like he really loved her and his little family. I've seen people on here mentioning him giving the son a sandwich. Good grief, the simple fact he even gave the boy a sandwich during such a stressful event amazes me. I don't know- I have a hard time believing he is guilty of something here. Nothing he has done really seems that strange. Almost always someone will slip up if they are guilty. I'm positive the police have eyes on him just in case- but this is so heart wrenching to watch this man in pain like this and even more so to read comments accusing him of certain guilt because he gave the son a sandwich, or spoke to the victim about 25$ or because he called his father....

Casually mentioning that your fiancée and newborn daughter have been missing for five hours without a car, diaper bag, carseat or purse (with money) and phone has gone to voicemail since 1:40 pm?

Doesn’t make sense to me.

The issue with calling dad first is the context of the call. The way he described it is he came home before 2, and they were gone, with key things left behind. He’s then strangely silent on what he did for the next five hours but he got a call at 6:00 pm from school/daycare to state his son had not been picked up.

So at this point he should be aware that something is very wrong. Because she is the one who picks up their son. Or if he was supposed to then why the hell didn’t he?

In any event, it’s been five whole hours of no contact. Phone goes to voicemail. Diaper bag left behind. Purse with money left behind. Car seat and car left behind.

And now he learns his son has also been left behind. No fiancée rushing through the door with baby, “Oh my gosh I lost track of time!! I can’t believe she slept this long. Can you feed and change her? I’ve got to rush to pick up S!!!”

Nothing. It’s silent. She’s not there. Baby is not there. And son has been left at school and not picked up.

But instead of walking over quickly to the friend/neighbor to see if she’s there, he goes to pick up son. Instead of immediately calling 911, he goes to pick up his son.

Ok. Partially not too incomprehensible because he likely wanted to get there quick and avoid late charges and not have a sad kid sitting there for longer than he had to.

But now he has his kid. He had a chance to question the daycare people. He returns home. What does he do? Because he comes home and she is. still. not. there.

No baby. No partner. No calls. No texts.

Does he dash over to the neighbor’s at the point? No. He doesn’t say that. Does he call around to her friend’s at that point? No. Nothing. Does he call the police? No.

He makes a sandwich.

And then what? Then he finally starts calling friends. And not finding her, not seeing her, knowing her car, purse and money, car seat and diaper bag have been left behind, son not picked up, phone has been going to voicemail since 1:40 p.m. with NO calls or texts, he still doesn’t call police. He calls his dad.

That’s the context.

You know if he had made that call to dad around 3? After searching for her and calling friends? I’d get it. “Dad it seems really weird here. All her stuff but her phone is here but she and the baby are gone. I called her friend’s. Went to the neighbor’s. No one has seen her. Phone is off. I’m getting worried. Am I being crazy? Should I call the police?”

I’d get that. But my God. Five hours later under those circumstances? Asking daddy what to do five whole hours later? Shouldn’t he know what to do as a parent and an adult under those circumstances? Shouldn’t he be panicked?

You know I’d even understand, “Dad! Get over here! I’m freaking out. Something is wrong! She never came home and didn’t pick up our son! I fell asleep thinking she would come home but she didn’t. It’s been five hours! I’m calling the cops. Please come over. I don’t think I can handle this.”

But that’s not what happened. According to SC his dad told him to wait a bit longer to see if she would show up...and he did.

He didn’t call the cops until six hours after they went missing.

That brings me to another paradox one no one has been able to adequately explain to me. He knew his wife didn’t have her car. He said this was the first day she had Margot on her own outside the home. Did he expect her to pick up their son? If not, why didn’t he? Why did the school have to call before he collected his child.

If he did expect her to pick up their son, how did he expect that to occur when she didn’t have a car or car seat? Walk? After being gone for five hours? With no purse or diaper bag?

And again, no panic when his son’s school calls to say mommy never came?

A lot is not making sense to me.

Let's say:

You have a child in school.
You get out early from work.
You notice your spouse's/gf's car is parked at home, with their purse in it*, but you don't see any sign of your spouse/gf. The door to your apartment is open. No sign of gf/wife or baby.

(If that - particularly the purse left in the car - doesn't bother you already, well.... okay, let's keep going.)

Do you wonder how your child will get home from school without any sign of that spouse, or do you just wait until 6pm - long after pickup time for the school - for the school to call you?

ETA: *Even if the purse was in the apartment - it should be just as alarming if you know you have a child in school and that child is picked up by your spouse/gf.

Let's say:

You have a child in school.
You get out early from work.
You notice your spouse's/gf's car is parked at home, with their purse in it, but you don't see any sign of your spouse/gf. The door to your apartment is open. No sign of gf/wife or baby.

(If that - particularly the purse left in the car - doesn't bother you already, well.... okay, let's keep going.)

Do you wonder how your child will get home from school without any sign of that spouse, or do you just wait until 6pm - long after pickup time for the school - for the school to call you?

It’s baffling to me. That is a major issue for me in this case. Something that I can’t figure out.

That, the four hour gap in time and the general lack of concern for six hours between the time he came home and saw what he saw and determined her phone was off and the time he finally called the police.

Maybe he’s one of those wannabe people. They wannabe a cop or detective or whatever. In other words, they need to be a hero due to low self esteem. I’ve not formed an opinion yet on him however, the wording (“no evidence”), the lists of “clues” of where things were found, asking about screams, dumpster diving, hitting up the cell phone store looking for pings, interrogating possible witnesses via “sitting outside”. Sounds odd yes. But if there is a self esteem issue or he’s full of macho guilt (not guilt from the crime) then I can see him playing detective, for lack of better wording. Yes I know I’m grasping. I just don’t want to fall off my cloud just yet.
You have a good point.^^^

There's also the option of telling LE everything and even adding anything left out in the first interview, if anything ?
Trying to be one's own private eye may not be SC's best option at the moment.
But maybe it's helping him hold it together ?

Every bit helps-- even something SC may have forgotten to tell LE.
I'm assuming he's being as cooperative as possible.

If this was myself (thankfully I've no experience in losing someone in such a frightening manner) I might be so nervous for my loved ones that I'd explain the whole day and timeline ; and then think of something later and rush to tell LE what it was.

Every molecule of that day needs to be looked at for clues to the kidnapper --if someone took her.

Or she might have fled due to PPD or reasons of her own and is hiding ?

Casually mentioning that your fiancée and newborn daughter have been missing for five hours without a car, diaper bag, carseat or purse (with money) and phone has gone to voicemail since 1:40 pm?

Doesn’t make sense to me.

The issue with calling dad first is the context of the call. The way he described it is he came home before 2, and they were gone, with key things left behind. He’s then strangely silent on what he did for the next five hours but he got a call at 6:00 pm from school/daycare to state his son had not been picked up.

So at this point he should be aware that something is very wrong. Because she is the one who picks up their son. Or if he was supposed to then why the hell didn’t he?

In any event, it’s been five whole hours of no contact. Phone goes to voicemail. Diaper bag left behind. Purse with money left behind. Car seat and car left behind.

And now he learns his son has also been left behind. No fiancée rushing through the door with baby, “Oh my gosh I lost track of time!! I can’t believe she slept this long. Can you feed and change her? I’ve got to rush to pick up S!!!”

Nothing. It’s silent. She’s not there. Baby is not there. And son has been left at school and not picked up.

But instead of walking over quickly to the friend/neighbor to see if she’s there, he goes to pick up son. Instead of immediately calling 911, he goes to pick up his son.

Ok. Partially not too incomprehensible because he likely wanted to get there quick and avoid late charges and not have a sad kid sitting there for longer than he had to.

But now he has his kid. He had a chance to question the daycare people. He returns home. What does he do? Because he comes home and she is. still. not. there.

No baby. No partner. No calls. No texts.

Does he dash over to the neighbor’s at the point? No. He doesn’t say that. Does he call around to her friend’s at that point? No. Nothing. Does he call the police? No.

He makes a sandwich.

And then what? Then he finally starts calling friends. And not finding her, not seeing her, knowing her car, purse and money, car seat and diaper bag have been left behind, son not picked up, phone has been going to voicemail since 1:40 p.m. with NO calls or texts, he still doesn’t call police. He calls his dad.

That’s the context.

You know if he had made that call to dad around 3? After searching for her and calling friends? I’d get it. “Dad it seems really weird here. All her stuff but her phone is here but she and the baby are gone. I called her friend’s. Went to the neighbor’s. No one has seen her. Phone is off. I’m getting worried. Am I being crazy? Should I call the police?”

I’d get that. But my God. Five hours later under those circumstances? Asking daddy what to do five whole hours later? Shouldn’t he know what to do as a parent and an adult under those circumstances? Shouldn’t he be panicked?

You know I’d even understand, “Dad! Get over here! I’m freaking out. Something is wrong! She never came home and didn’t pick up our son! I fell asleep thinking she would come home but she didn’t. It’s been five hours! I’m calling the cops. Please come over. I don’t think I can handle this.”

But that’s not what happened. According to SC his dad told him to wait a bit longer to see if she would show up...and he did.

He didn’t call the cops until six hours after they went missing.

That brings me to another paradox one no one has been able to adequately explain to me. He knew his wife didn’t have her car. He said this was the first day she had Margot on her own outside the home. Did he expect her to pick up their son? If not, why didn’t he? Why did the school have to call before he collected his child.

If he did expect her to pick up their son, how did he expect that to occur when she didn’t have a car or car seat? Walk? After being gone for five hours? With no purse or diaper bag?

And again, no panic when his son’s school calls to say mommy never came?

A lot is not making sense to me.

My thoughts exactly

If school was released at 3, unless the kid was in an after school program, there is no way they waited 3 hours before calling someone else to pick the son up from school. Waiting 1 hour even would be unusual unless the school is just super busy after hours and no one noticed that he was still waiting. They would have tried to call her first and when the phone went to voicemail they would have called the next person on the contact list and so on until they got an answer. If the kid was in pre-k and was supposed to be released at 2:15, it makes more sense if he got home at 2, maybe grabbed a snack, watched tv for a minute then around 2:30 was getting called by the school that the son hadn't been picked up yet.

His son was at after school care

What happened to found left in the car?
That's interesting.

In one interview (I know, as I watched it several times) he says clearly first that the purse and wallet were left in the house. This is in reply to the question "how was the house left?"

Then he clearly says - in that same uncut interview - that they were left "in the car" and he makes a big deal of that.

That's not a small "I was nervous so I got mixed up" issue - they were both stated as being notable, unusual situations.

That's major.

Last edited:
You have a good point.^^^

There's also the option of telling LE everything and even adding anything left out in the first interview, if anything ?
Trying to be one's own private eye may not be SC's best option at the moment.
But maybe it's helping him hold it together ?

Every bit helps-- even something SC may have forgotten to tell LE.
I'm assuming he's being as cooperative as possible.

If this was myself (thankfully I've no experience in losing someone in such a frightening manner) I might be so nervous for my loved ones that I'd explain the whole day and timeline ; and then think of something later and rush to tell LE what it was.

Every molecule of that day needs to be looked at for clues to the kidnapper --if someone took her.

Or she might have fled due to PPD or reasons of her own and is hiding ?

Would she left her son in that case? I would think she would never leave her son.

It’s baffling to me. That is a major issue for me in this case. Something that I can’t figure out.

That, the four hour gap in time and the general lack of concern for six hours between the time he came home and saw what he saw and determined her phone was off and the time he finally called the police.
I keep thinking he may have taken a nap and didn't want to tell LE in case it made him look bad ?
Nothing wrong with that.

Did he go anywhere in that time span of arriving home and getting the call from school to pick up their son ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB