TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why we parse every word that a person says who isn’t used to public speaking and who hasn’t prepared remarks in advance.

And I've heard women say 'there's my two favourite guys!' when talking about their partners and sons, so I don't think it's so weird that a nickname for HB and little M is 'beautiful women', nor do I think it's weird he says that when talking about them, especially under (whatever type of) stress.

I can imagine how a pet/sweet name became 'beautiful women' in just two weeks, and how it could slip out without all us strangers needing to know its backstory.

Even thinking on all sides, if someone has done something, I really don't see how this comment is a big deal, just like whatever he did with the sandwich when they got home.

I wouldn't call it a cookie cutter PC. It is what it is up to this point.

There is no reason for LE to lie to the public when he said they dont have a POI.

I believe at this juncture of the ongoing investigation that is a correct statement. LE is not in the habit of lying to the public. Being known as trustworthy in what they tell their citizens in all of the jurisdictions LE serves in is most important. I think he was totally honest when he said they do not have a POI. Of course that can change if they find the evidence they need pointing to a specific POI. If LE does come to that point in the ongoing investigation with having supporting evidence they won't even bother announcing they have a POI, but will hold a PC announcing the suspect has been arrested, and charged, imo.

I know many were hoping the PC would be that they had arrested someone. I wanted that myself, but I highly doubted it would happen, so I wasn't surprised when he said they have no POI.

While we have our own speculations, and opinions, right or wrong it's far different in any ongoing investigations such as this one or any other for that matter for all LE investigators, as it should be.

They will continue to vigorously investigate this case hoping they find the evidence they need that leads them to who is involved.

Imo, they aren't there yet. Hopefully tips will help them solve this case. It only takes one tip if its verified as credible.

Praying for all of Heidi's family members.

Jmhoo

Yes but you’ve been here a long time and you’ve seen multiple cases where LE has stated they have no suspect or POI or that so and so isn’t a suspect when we later find they were all along.

He says “7ish, 715, 730, something like that” he also says “they got here around 730, I think”

his dad also steps in to answer.

calling at 730 and police getting there at 730 are two different things. I’m sure LE saying they received the call at 730 is the accurate time and investigation began even later than that.

There’s a lot of time from the 8:15 am time he last spoke with her to the 7:30 pm 911 call. It’s a long time from having to pick up the son from daycare because his mom didn’t and calling 911.
Moo
bbm
Eta : Cleared this up, thanks.

Last edited:
Just an observation about this part:

""It’s possible that Heidi and Margot have left on their own accord," Herries said. "It’s also possible that there may be something nefarious or foul play involved. To be honest, we don’t know the answer to that question.""

Speaking of "tells", the "to be honest" part at the end tells me that LE does not necessarily always give us all the information they know. The fact that qualification was used is a pretty good sign that other times in the answers we heard, we may have not been hearing everything that is known to them. And Im fine with that so long as they eventually get to the bottom of a case and so long as withholding anything does not hurt the case.

Hi there my friend!

Again, imoo, he's being honest. At this point in the investigation LE has no verifiable evidence either way. They really don't know if she is willingly missing on her own accord or if foul play is involved.

I was afraid that was going to be the case. So evidently they havent found any evidence in their apartment or elsewhere showing she, and her baby has been harmed.

If it was foul play I think whoever took her, and her baby did so when she was outside when she may have gone back to her vehicle holding her baby in her arms.

I know most don't believe she could have been kidnapped by someone who saw her alone with her baby, but I havent ruled any possibility out at this point. I dont think LE has either, and are looking at all possibilities. Imo, LE doesn't have tunnel vision in this case which is good.

It only takes mere seconds to force someone into their vehicle as we have seen in other cases discussed here.

I dont think she was taken to be sex trafficked, but I think it's highly possible she was taken to be sexually assaulted. An infant wouldnt be able to ID anyone, plus having her baby would be a sure way to control Heidi.

I'm just not convinced her fiancee is involved although it is certainly one of the possibilities to consider.

As far as what he has said or how he says things, it seems it's become very commonplace that anyone who speaks out in the media in this same situation never is able to please the internet masses no matter who it is. I dont have any opinion about that one way or the other. All I know is several family members of missing loved ones were also accused falsely in the past many times. Will this one be guilty? Perhaps he is or perhaps not.

That's why I prefer to just patiently wait for LE to tell us the facts/evidence as they uncover them. Hopefully soon they will get the evidence they need to solve Heidi's whereabouts along with determining who did it if foul play is involved.

Jmho tho and nothing more.

Yes but you’ve been here a long time and you’ve seen multiple cases where LE has stated they have no suspect or POI or that so and so isn’t a suspect when we later find they were all along.
Yup, the Mackenzie Lueck case was a prime example.

The chief went on tv to conduct an interview with a national broadcaster. As he was saying “we have no POI at this time,” law enforcement was almost simultaneously initiating a search of the POI’s house.

Little did we know, that he had already been called in for an interview, lied his butt off, and was a prime suspect.

Sometimes, it's also to clear up misinformation.

He stated that 7:30 is the time a missing persons report was filed.
Not the 911 call itself unless it means the same thing. It generally takes at least a few minutes after initial contact with LE to determine whether a report should be filed for a competent adult who is unaccounted for only several hours. There was obviously, but no time of initial call. Sounds right to me that he called around 7 pm and the report filed at 7:30. You make the call, LE doesn't file it at that moment because they can't take the info at face value. They also would need to see the house, car, etc before making the determination.

No one asked questions about similar cases or if the public should be worried for themselves, if there'd been other attempted kidnappings... so many questions could or should have been asked and while he probably wouldn't answer directly, we'll never know because they weren't asked. Any answer would give a direction.

I thought it was a fine public statement. He gave descriptions and asked for the public's help. He stated what was being done and which entities were involved. He didn't give away anything overtly that might put someone on alert (she may have left voluntarily).

As for DV calls, if there were, it could have been for either one and stating a simple "yes" without elaborating, would only add to public speculation and accusations and it wouldn't help find her.

Like the phrase "I can neither confirm nor deny XYZ", it leaves a lot to our imaginations. And frustrations, but that's not his job to fulfill our curiosity. Argh. No bones thrown.

BBM:

That's not what he said, though.

Starts at :57 into the video:

He stated, "They were first reported missing to us at the Austin Police Department at around 7:3o."

Not that a missing person's report was filed at 7:30.

I interpret his statement to mean that LE got the initial call at 7:30.

JMO.

Last edited:
Wait ETA: the clothes dryer dinged. Thought the backspace key deleted everything but now time for dinner/supper so . ..

AFAIK, the general public can search for crimes, e.g. family disturbance, but you can't get the exact address or apt # for that call. It just gives you the block.
Geocortex Viewer for HTML5
ok. thanks. that's like the crime map they have in tucson. i'm wondering if adjudicated cases under perps names can be found?

bbm
Thanks for this tidbit.
I read the transcript and I missed this part.
Didn't know his dad answered any questions at all for SC !

Question: If SC's dad wasn't there when Heidi and baby went missing (& we have no reason to think SC's dad was-- he was most likely at work himself)-- should he (SC's dad) be answering any questions at all ?
What does everyone else think ??
SC’s dad started to answer, but then SC answered so his dad just nodded along. So probably why it’s not in the transcript.
Moo

In a video interview with Shane on NBC news (Sam Brock NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt on Twitter), he said he DID tell Heidi he was getting out of work early.
  • Why did they not arrange for him to pick up the son, then? She had a newborn with her.
  • Why wasn't he all the more alarmed she wasn't there when he got home "at ~2"?
  • What else did they arrange in that call - e.g., to meet elsewhere?
NBC asked Shane if there was a reason Heidi would have left, a disagreement or anything? Shane says "nope not at all, not a disagreement nothing. It was a beautiful morning, and I said I was getting off early too".

More of this interview will be available tonight.
NEW: Shane Carey, whose girlfriend and daughter have been missing since Thursday, spoke to @SamBrockNBC today outside his home in Texas. More tonight on @NBCNightlyNews at 6:30 p.m. ET / 5:30 p.m. CT (or check your NBC station).

Carey told KVUE, “I don’t know why anybody would ever harm or touch these two beautiful women together.” Ummmm Whaaaaaaat?????? he just referred to his new born, infant daughter as a woman.

There is another curious reference in that same statement. ‘Together’.

‘I don’t know why anybody would ever harm or touch these two....together’.

Can’t help but think this is relevant.

NO FAMILY was shown at the presser or part of the presser, how about that?

I think a couple of things:

2) They're out searching or home taking care of the child.

3) They may have been asked by LE not to speak to the press and once the press sees them (at press conference), they'd be hounded for information they may or may not have
...... a) because family may have been given information (to ease their mind or that there's a POI) and LE doesn't want to jeopardize the investigation by having that info made public.

I don’t know that I would call her “much older”. She’s 33. And people don’t walk around with an age bubble above their heads showing how old they are. To me, from the pics I’ve seen, I wouldn’t have guessed she’s 33. And someone seeing her with a newborn might conceivably guess that she is younger than 33.

By the way, the average age of a trafficking victim is 27. And 33% of trafficking victims are age 30 or older. Counter-Trafficking Data Collaborative (CTDC)

And when you talk about the earlier cited article referring to targets that are youthful - there were six populations that were cited and only two of them (foster children and runaways) are what I would consider youthful by definition.

I have no idea if Broussard is a victim of trafficking or not. Just trying to help keep facts straight.

Yes. And they’re prostitutes.

Show me one confirmed case of a missing white woman in the US snatched off the street for the sex trade and who wasn’t homeless/runaway or already a prostitute. Let alone with a newborn.

Or cite a confirmed case of babies being snatched off the street or from apartments in the states for an underground black market adoption.

For a lot of us veterans we keep seeing these possibilities pop up in every case like this but coupled with a lot of misinformation about what sex trafficking/human trafficking really looks like.

That's not what he said, though.

Starts at :57 into the video:

He stated that "they were first reported missing to the Austin PD" around 7:3o.
Not that a missing person's report was filed at 7:30.

I interpret his statement to mean that LE got the initial call at 7:30.

JMO.
BBM

That is what I heard too which does not line up with SC’s version of events.

moo

Last edited:
Speaking of the border, it is near enough for an escape . Naming a POI too early before you're ready to arrest could definitely end up with your POI at the border. I don't mind LE withholding information from the public that protects the integrity of the investigation. We're curious but we're not entitled to know everything that they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twitchhiker