TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 wks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE NO DISCUSS

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DEC 18, 2019
FBI joins search for missing mom, newborn
[…]

FBI teams have been going door to door at her apartment complex in suburban Austin.

“I see kids like this on the news you’re NEVER thinking it’s going to be yours,” said DB, Heidi’s father.

“Whoever it is knows anything just please come forward,” her mother, TB said.

[…]

Heidi’s car is still parked at a parking lot near her apartment with a baby car seat inside.

[…]

“Our assumption is that they’re alive and the sooner that we can find them, the better,” said Detective Brad Herries with the FBI.

[…]

There is an independent search group with people and technology that is waiting for the FBI to give them the green light. A church group is also going out this weekend to continue their own search.

[…]

DEC 18, 2019
Heidi Broussard: Friend shocked that missing mom was back with fiance after ‘rocky’ breakup. Exclusive details as search for mom & newborn continues
[…]

During a conversation in May, according to the friend, Heidi spoke about her living arrangements. Foster said Heidi wanted to move to a vacant home in Kyle, Texas, that belongs to Carey’s father. The friend said she had no idea that Heidi never moved to the home, and was surprised to hear she was still living in her Austin apartment.

Foster added that Heidi planned to drive her son 40 minutes each way from Tyler to a school in Austin so that the child could stay in a good school.

[…]

“She was willing to drive 40 minutes out of her way to have them in a better school. That’s not a mother that leaves…..I feel like everybody is focusing on her running away and knowing Heidi I doubt that.”

CrimeOnline spoke with the Austin Police Department’s Cold Case Missing Persons’ Unit, who confirmed that the friend informed them of Heidi’s plans to move to a house 40 minutes away from her Austin apartment.

The friend said she was also surprised when Heidi told over the summer that she had gotten back together with Carey. The pair had apparently previously broken up, according to the friend.

[...]

Further, the friend said Carey’s recent behavior after Heidi disappeared differed from his previous behavior, when he allegedly showed up to her house almost immediately after Heidi didn’t answer her phone.

“Why would that not scare you as a husband? I specifically remember a time she [Heidi] was at my house and didn’t answer her phone. He [Carey] showed up to my house freaking out right after he got home.”

[…]

DEC 18, 2019
Police searching for Texas mom, 3-week-old daughter missing for 6 days
[…]

Though her cellphone was missing, everything else, including Broussard’s white Honda Fit and Margot’s car seat, remained at their apartment, Carey said. CBS Austin reported that the vehicle still sat in the parking lot of the complex Tuesday.

Melanie Barden, a reporter with the CBS affiliate, said a grocery list was visible on the car’s dashboard.

[...]

Gabriela Vidal on Twitter (Video)
ICYMI: 33-year-old Heidi Broussard & 3-week-old Margot Carey have been missing now for six days. I spoke with a former FBI agent, who explains why the agency's involvement is significant in this case and why the public shouldn't jump to conclusions about what might've happened.
3:33 PM - 18 Dec 2019

Tony Plohetski on Twitter
Authorities have now set up command center in Heidi Broussard case, made up of growing number of federal, state and local investigators.
5:43 PM · Dec 18, 2019 from Austin, TX·Twitter for iPhone

from the FBI’s Child Abduction Response Deployment team also on ground in #Austin made up of 60 agents nationally.
5:44 PM · Dec 18, 2019 from Austin, TX·Twitter for iPhone

That team has special expertise although officials say it is still unclear if this case is an abduction. #heidibroussard
5:45 PM · Dec 18, 2019 from Austin, TX·Twitter for iPhone

DEC 18, 2019
FBI, Texas Rangers, DPS assist in search for missing Austin mother, baby
[…]

KVUE can reveal authorities have set up a command post at a police substation in South Austin to coordinate efforts by a growing number of state, federal and local investigators.

By Wednesday, members of the FBI's Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team were in Austin. The team, which as been in place for more than a decade, has about 60 agents from across the country, who have special skills in finding missing children.

Investigators have been divided into teams to help review forensic evidence, including hours of video footage from security cameras throughout the area and to continue interviewing those who know Broussard.

[…]

Investigators are scouring forensic data and conducting on-the-ground investigation, including interviewing all of Broussard's close friends and family and in some cases building a timeline of their whereabouts and alibis around the time Broussard and the baby disappeared.

[…]

Investigators are also looking at hours and hours of video, not only from the South Austin apartment complex where Broussard lives but also from nearby businesses. They tell KVUE they have knocked on every door in the complex to interview neighbors and they have done an analysis of the apartment for any possible forensic evidence.

[…]

Officers remain on the scene of Broussard's apartment as the investigation continues.

[…]

Courtesy of @CrimeDawg123

Transcript of first full Fox7 interview with SC:

Reporter is on the phone conducting the interview. In the room with Shane is at least one cameraman, and probably at least one second reporter or news staff person. Possibly his Dad is there also. I can’t tell who is there, and I can’t tell who in the room is talking, so I have labelled them “Reporter” for the woman on the phone, and “Camerman/Reporter2” for the other people talking in the room with SC.

Reporter: <unintelligible>

SC: Yes it's my fiancee, yes ma'am. Yeah I look down when I talk I'm sorry I'm only looking down the whole time probably.

Reporter: .. what kind of day was it...<unintelligible>

SC: Just a basic Thursday, we have basically have a routine every day. I get up around 6:00 a.m. and pretty much hit the snooze button a couple times and then I finally wake up around 6:15, drink some water, uh, wake up the kids around 6:30, wake up Heidi and Silas right before I leave, uh. So like once I got them up on Thursday it's kind of a later morning it was around 6:40 whenever I got them up and cause it was Heidi's first day to actually take Margot by herself with uh Silas so first gave Heidi kiss, the baby kissm and Silas a kill, said 'have a wonderful day', left the Apartments, went to work and then she takes her kids to school and she she was making lunch like right before I left, uh. Uh, she took the kids school so, I don't know, ah. Uh so at around 8 o'clock she called me, answered the phone like right before I got in my truck, I work for Unicorn Moving, so she called me around 8:00 and she told me that she went to the book fair, she bought three books, costs about $25, it was amazing that she couldn't wait to read to Silas and I told her ‘I love you goodbye’ and uh… This is hard.

Reporter: Take your time

SC: Yeah. So uh… Oh man. I don’t know right now. I’ve just been repeating it all day

Reporter: Let me know if you want me to move on to another subject

SC: No, no it's a good question, it’s just that we’re in a situation right here. So I don’t know. I don’t know, she’s just an amazing mom. I don't know. Pause. I don’t know. I need to stand up, I don’t know, I can't sit here, this is making me so … I feel funny.

Cameraman: Do you want … standing…

SC: I don't know, yeah, I’m not good in this situation, uh, yeah …

<SC STANDS>

<CAMERMAN REFRAMES CAMERA>

<INTERVIEW RESUMES>

Reporter: How long have you and Heidi lived in Austin?

SC: So we've been living in Austin, we moved from Louisiana about five years ago. So we’ve been here so what about five years? I believe so, …

Camerman/Reporter2: Yeah, something like that, yeah, yeah.

SC: Four or five years. We came from Louisiana, long story short my ex-wife with my beautiful daughter Addison came down here as soon as my dad got cancer. He's cancer freed now, that’s not the main story but yeah. So we were on the pipeline traveling so we had to come down here so we moved back to Austin, all my family's here so.

Camerman/Reporter2: …Don’t do that man. I know it’s hard to not be swaying… <unintelligible, trying to get SC to stop moving>

SC: OK yeah. I’m sorry.

Camerman/Reporter2: No, you’re doing great.

SC: OK yeah.

Camerman/Reporter2: I just want you to look good.

SC: Yeah, thank you. So uh yeah, we moved down here about five years ago.

SC: Yes I found amazing friends… oh this is so hard <he can’t hear the reporter>…I can’t pick up the phone? Did you say did I make any friends?

<Lots of overtalking while they coach him to pick up and hold the phone so he can hear the reporter better>

SC: Yeah yeah yeah okay so it's like I'm uh I'm originally from Austin, like I want to Leander high school…

Camerman/Reporter2: Just pick up the phone and then just hold it.

SC: Just hold it? OK, so just down here.

Camerman/Reporter2: Yeah

SC: So I basically went to Leander high school, I I like already have friends over here and they have been very supportive since what happened with Heidi and Margot. It’s hard to <?look up?> But uh…

Reporter: Is there anyone in Austin who you don’t have a good relationship with? <unintelligible>

SC: Uh there's nobody now where this is, we have a loving and great family, Heidi has great friends, she is the most awesome person in the world, loving mom, she supports everything everybody does, she could have like four dollars in the bank account and just still want to give. So she's a great person, so is Margo our beautiful three week old daughter, so uh yeah. There's no no enemies there's there's nothing that would be negative or anybody would want to harm us at all. No.

Reporter: And was Heidi, you know, the morning she weant missing, was her demeanor any different, or ..

Camerman/Reporter2 <they talk over reporter>: Should I get some kleenex?…Do you want some kleenex?...

SC: No, I’m good. Yeah. What's that <to the reporter on the phone>? I’m sorry.

Reporter: The morning Heidi went missing, did her demeanor seem any different? Or was it, you know, just like a regular day for her too?

SC: It was a regular day so like what I was trying

Camerman/Reporter2: Make sure <?> that phone down a little bit?

SC: Oh. OK. So like what I was trying to explain it was a normal day, it was uh I woke up at six like I pretty much do my thirty minutes of my routine right before I get them up, they get a little extra 30 minutes of sleep and then I get them up and then my fiance Heidi wakes up with the kids and we start making lunch, or she started making lunch and I kissed them goodbye, told him have a great day school, and then I pretty much leave for work, and then once I get to work by the time she drops him off I'm like getting to my trucks around like seven forty seven forty five and we always made contact like right before I get in my truck and then go to work which they just went to the book fair and they bought three books it's like twenty five dollars and she couldn't wait to read to Silas whenever she whenever his house got home we just bought three brand-new books which is right here inside the house and that's the last time I actually made contact with her.

Camerman/Reporter2: Shane so drop that phone down a little bit, try to talk <unintelligible>

<They talk over each other while readjusting SC>

SC: It doesn’t feel natural at all.

Camerman/Reporter2: I know, I know, I’m sorry.

SC: It’s like … doesn’t feel natural.

Camerman/Reporter2: I know.

SC: OK, um. Um. What was the next question?

Reporter: Yeah, yeah, can you just talk a little bit more about when and where was the last time you saw Heidi?

SC: Yeah it was actually like before I left this morning at 6:40. I left the house at 6:40. Um. Yeah. <distracted by the light> Yeah I like I left the house <unintelligible, ?gonna look at the light?> I lef the house at 6:40 and that's the last time I spoke to my uh son yeah I can't this is this is weird …

Cameraman/Reporter2: I know, I know.

SC: You’re moving my dad, you’re …

<talk over each other>

SC: Like I can't be professional, okay I'm I'm gonna call you back or something <says to reporter on the phone>.

SC: I don't know what to do man you make me nervous <walks off camera>

Cameraman/Reporter2: Do you want a different phone?

SC: I don’t know. <raises voice> I just want to be natural, man, I just want to like, this is not, I don't know…

<Video stopped>

<Video started. Shane now back in camera>

Cameraman/Reporter2: …try to look at the camera, where you want to look at …<unintelligible>

SC: Yeah, man I’m sorry.

Cameraman/Reporter2: No, you’re doing OK…. <they talk over each other>….

<Is this possibly his dad speaking?:>…no pressure, no nothing, if it works it works, if it don’t it don’t. That’s just the way we gotta do it.

SC: I just want to get the word out there I don't care how I look.

<talking over each other>

SC: OK

Reporter: Yeah, so my other question was um is there anything important of Heidi’s that’s like missing right now, like is her cell phone there, um you know anything valuable missing…

SC: There's nothing valuable missing, her purse and her wallet and everything was up here, her cell phone is missing it’s been turned off whenever I pulled up around 1:40 it's been off since then. So uh like the car seat, everything is upstairs, there's no signs of anything. There’s…

Reporter: Alright, and um how like how long have you and Heidi been together, I mean as long as you’ve known her, has she ever disappeared before? Has she ever you know, just you know gone off the grid? Or anything like that?

SC: No. No ma’am, she would never disappear, she is an amazing mom she would never we have a six-year-old son named Silas, beautiful kid she would never leave him. Nah… she would never do this. She just she wouldn't do this.

Reporter: If you could confirm a couple of details though, how old is Margot?

SC: Margo, uh she was born on the 26th of November, so three weeks, how? Yeah three weeks, about three weeks.

Reporter: OK and um this is one of my last questions, but, you know, if you could say anything to Heidi right now, like if she was gonna watch the newscast, what would you want to tell her?

SC: I want to tell her to uh please come home, you know your family's here, she wouldn’t do this. I'm not telling her this. I'm telling for the sake of the family, she has a beautiful kid, she has beautiful family, a beautiful dog named Zeus, she uh she would not do this by herself, she would she would not be doing this. This is definitely something that happened that was wrong, so anybody that could share, post, do anything, one second helps to save a beautiful family, beautiful kid, just anything you could do, just reach out. If you don't know me, I don't care, if you see the post, if you see this news, reach out keep your eyes open, just be open-minded. Anything suspicious, do anything you can to help. Please. This is a three week old baby out there, and a mom, and a son that’s missing her mom, and family.

Reporter: And if you could say anything to the person that she and Margot might be with, what would you say to them?

SC: Her and Margot might what? I’m sorry.

Reporter: If you could say anything to, you know, the person that she might be with, like the person, cause you said she wouldn’t do this on her own. So if you could say something to the person who may be involved in the disappearance … <unintelligible>

SC: If you’re involved, uh, I don't care, uh set her to the side, she’ll find her way home, just bring her home safe, or put her somewhere safe, her and the baby just feed the baby, only three weeks old. Just find a way you won't be in trouble, just drop her off, she has a beautiful family. Drop her off anywhere, I don't care, just make sure she's safe and okay, and the baby's okay. And then right away I don't know. I just want her home safe, doesn’t have to be here, just drop her off somewhere safe. If it is somebody, just please come home, or drop her off by my doorstep, I don’t care. Just bring my family home.

Reporter: Alright Shane, well that was all of my questions. Um, if there is anything else you wanted to say or wanted to talk about? Anything that I missed?

SC: No just I love you Heidi, I love you more … Just anybody that could support us in any way possible. I’m about to be off, so there's any support any old friends, share, post, like, anything, contacting anybody if you see her, just do whatever you can, we definitely appreciate it.

Reporter: Well Shane, thank you for taking the time to speak with us. It’s been a very difficult interview. We greatly appreciate it. Um, and yeah, we’re going to get the story out and hopefully they’ll come home soon. So thank you again for the interview.

SC: Yeah thank you so much.

<end>

DEC 18, 2019
Friend reveals Heidi Broussard went through 'rocky break-up' with fiancé earlier this year | Daily Mail Online
[…]

Carey told Fox7 that when he first noticed Broussard was missing, he walked around the apartment complex 'going through dumpsters' to see if he could find her keys.

'I sat outside to see any suspicions, anything that was weird,' he said.

'The next morning I sat out here for hours asking everybody if they'd seen or heard screaming, anything that was off or suspicious. They're all saying no.'

Carey repeated his account in a phone interview with KVUE on Sunday during which he appeared unsettled and overwhelmed.

'Okay I'm gonna I'm gonna call you back or something, I don't know what to do man. You make me nervous, you know...I just want to be natural man,' he told the reporter.

'I just want to like... this is not... I don't know... get the word out there.'

[…]

22292050-7808299-Carey_said_he_last_saw_Broussard_at_around_6_40am_and_spoke_to_h-a-6_1576731832076.jpg
22402010-7805687-image-a-5_1576677723242.jpg
22401808-7805687-image-a-7_1576677740608.jpg

22402020-7805687-image-a-19_1576678004936.jpg
22401818-7805687-image-a-10_1576677779883.jpg

DEC 18, 2019
FBI asking to search homes near missing mother, newborn apartment
FBI agents are searching homes near Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey's South Austin apartment. ...

[…]

TR lives two floors below Heidi and Margot. He tells us an agent asked for consent to enter his apartment and looked around. "They did their flashlight thing checked around checking in closets stuff like that—trying to make sure there was nothing hidden or strange and out of the ordinary," says TR.

People living in homes behind the fence that backs up to the complex tell CBS Austin they, too have gotten knocks on the door. One woman says FBI agents asked to come in her backyard and looked near the fence line of her property.

[…]

In the meantime, community members are planning a search for Heidi and Margot this weekend. Organizer Sarra tells us people are on standby and prepared to help.

However, Austin Police say at this time, a community-led search will likely not help them and they will request assistance if needed.

[…]

DEC 18, 2019
Search for missing Austin woman, infant draws feds' interest, social media speculation
[…]

The case has garnered international coverage and attention. People following the case online created a Reddit page and over two dozen Facebook groups to discuss the details of the investigation and speculate about what might have happened to Broussard and her daughter. ...

[…]

Around four to five FBI agents were at Broussard’s apartment complex on South First Street and William Cannon Drive on Wednesday, talking to residents and knocking on doors.

MT, who moved into the apartment complex two weeks ago with her boyfriend, said the FBI visited her unit Wednesday afternoon, asking her if she knew anything about the situation and requested information about the make and model of her car.

SA, who has lived in the complex for about a year, said FBI agents visited her apartment on Wednesday afternoon and also asked to search her home and her car. That was the fourth time they visited, she said.

[…]

Have you seen this child? MARGOT CAREY
NCMEC: 1377219

posterTitleMissing.png

Margot Carey
NCMC1377219c1.jpg
Missing Since: Dec 12, 2019
Missing From: Austin, TX
DOB: Nov 26, 2019
Age Now: 23 days
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Grey
Height: 1'10"
Weight: 7 lbs

Margot and her mother, Heidi were last seen on December 12, 2019 at approximately 7:30 a.m.

Associated companions

Heidi Broussard
NCMC1377219a1.jpg

DOB: Jun 15, 1986
Age Now: 33
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 150 lbs

dontHesitate.png
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
call911.png
Austin Police Department (Texas) - Homicide Cold Case Unit - 1-512-974-5100

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin
mpDetails

Missing Person Details

M12-18-20194-30-35PM-0.jpg
Date Picture Updated: 12/18/2019

Name: Margot Elizabeth Carey
AKA:
Case Number: M1912006
Case Type: Other

Height: 2'
Date of Birth: 11/26/2019
Eye Color: Grey

Weight: 7 lbs.
Age Missing: 0

Last Seen in: Austin (Travis)
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Last Seen on: 12/12/2019

Circumstances: Margot may be in the company of her mother, Heidi Broussard.

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin
mpDetails

Missing Person Details

M12-18-20194-10-51PM-0.jpg
Date Picture Updated: 12/18/2019

Name: Heidi Elizabeth Broussard
AKA:
Case Number: M1912005
Case Type: Other

Height: 5' 03"
Date of Birth: 06/15/1986
Eye Color: Blue

Weight: 150 lbs.
Age Missing: 33

Last Seen in: Austin (Travis)
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Last Seen on: 12/12/2019

Circumstances: Ms. Broussard may be in the company of her infant daughter.

FBI asking to search homes near missing mother, newborn apartment

SABBM:

Taylor Riordan lives two floors below Heidi and Margot. He tells us an agent asked for consent to enter his apartment and looked around. "They did their flashlight thing checked around checking in closets stuff like that—trying to make sure there was nothing hidden or strange and out of the ordinary," says Riordan.

People living in homes behind the fence that backs up to the complex tell CBS Austin they, too have gotten knocks on the door. One woman says FBI agents asked to come in her backyard and looked near the fence line of her property.

In the meantime, community members are planning a search for Heidi and Margot this weekend. Organizer Sarra tells us people are on standby and prepared to help.

However, Austin Police say at this time, a community-led search will likely not help them and they will request assistance if needed.

I've alerted on the mod's lockdown post over on the discussion thread asking that it be reopened; hopefully, a mod or admin will take care of it soon.

When that thread's reopened, I'll copy this article over there, too.

Transcript of Fox7 second interview with SC (out front of their apartment, with his dad)
12/16/2019

Reporter: <unintelligible>… routine?

SC: We wake up around 6:30 <phone rings in his pocket> and uh ...
Reporter: That's OK, you can take it.
<SC shuts phone off>
SC: .. yeah…I don't care what’s …alright …

<continues>

SC: Every day we uh I wake up first because I have to go to work first, and then I do a little morning routine, do everything, they start waking up around 6:30, and so like I start waking them up, give em kisses goodbye <cries> have a good day at school, and then she starts making their sandwiches and um so I went to work, she took Margo with Silas she dropped him off at school to the book fair and after the book fair she called me around 8:00 something on her way home from the Book Fair says she spent $25, I was like that's okay and I told her I have to go cuz I was on my way out, and I told her I love you, bye, and pretty much I worked all day till about 1:00 something and then I got here around 2:00, I seen her car, walked upstairs, she wasn't here, and her phone was off so I thought she was at a friend's house cuz the friend lives in the same complex so she might be over there with her phone off, so I thought nothing of it but she was not back yet so then I went and picked up my son from daycare, and brought him home, and he didn't finish his lunch so he told me to grill it for him. <cries> And uh. Basically then after a little bit I called my dad, he said don't worry about it too much right now, and I called her friends and she wasn't heard from them, her friends didn't hear from her, so then I called the cops, and then they came over here I think it was around 7:30. I think. And ever since then it's just been trying to reach out, just just help, I don't know. She’s a great mom, she needs to be back.

Reporter: So the last time you heard from her was around 8:30?

SC: Yeah yeah 8, 8, even probably before then like 8:15, I would say.

Reporter: And you called the cops around 7, right?

SC: Yeah 7ish, it was like 7:15 or 7:30 maybe something like that, yeah

Reporter: Tell me a little bit about about Heidi and Margot.

SC: Oh, they're amazing, they're um beautiful, loving, loves everybody she has the best group of friends. Margot <cries> is the sweetest she’s only 2, 3 weeks old and she's like the cutest little puckered lips. Gorgeous little baby and you just play. <cries> Um she's just <unintelligibile> can’t do anything mean, I don't know <someone’s phone alerts> just beautiful people loving people, loving friends, loving family, everyone's here to support. Uh. I don't know, like the smallest little baby, she's only seven pounds and it's a teeny tiny lovable baby. Keeps you warm at night.

Reporter: Margot’s not not your only child with Heidi, right?

SC: No I have a six-year-old boy named Silas. He's amazing, plays sports <cries>, great baseball
player, does karate, beautiful little kid as well, so fun very intelligent, loving, he’s just like his mom. He needs his mom back. <cries> He needs you back. Anybody, I don’t care if you think it's a look-alike, just
call it in. And help. Please.

Reporter: What have the past, I don’t even know what has it been, two days now? What has this been like for you, have you guys received a lot of calls? Have you…

SC: Yes we received a lot, a lot of support of people I mean news stations, uh just random people on Facebook, old friends that I forgot about from like high school are like I'm hoping you're doing okay,
so we have a lot of support, and uh it's just people coming over here, and just sitting back and just wishing I could do more, and not knowing what to do is the hardest part cuz I don't know where she's at, I don't know if she's suffering, I don't know anything and I can't help I'm helpless, and that's the worst feeling in the world. Just to be helpless, and I know the cops and investigators are doing their job, they're doing a great job. I just want to do more, it feels like we could do more. And that's where everyone comes in. This is a group, so I'll do it together.

Reporter: Can you just um talk about, you know, the way the car was left, the way that the home was left…

SC: Uh, everything was like she was home, I mean, that's why I thought she was at her friend's house like she walked to the apartment complex. The car seat’s upstairs, her purse is upstairs, her ID, wallet, there's no signs of her taking the baby. She she would never leave her car door unlocked, her car door was unlocked, so that's that's a weird sign. So um I don't know anything about that. Her purse was inside her car with all the money still inside it, of it, her ID, her cards her full purse it's just the only thing gone is her, the baby, her keys, and her cell phone which has been off since I tried to call her at 1:40.

Reporter: So her keys um is that her her car keys or …?

SC: Car keys, apartment, mailbox, it's it’s it’s like a set of keys. Yeah.

SC: Yes and she never leaves the car door locked but I mean she does have a 3 week old baby so I don't know. But she she would not leave the car unlocked. I’m I'm a big pusher on that so I push her to lock everything, so…

Reporter: One of the things we first talked about when we first got here was obviously there’s a lot of scrutiny on you.

SC: Mm huh

Reporter: And I imagine that’s got to be tough when you’re going through this absolute nightmare

SC: Yes

Reporter: And then people obviously have to check you off the list, that’s that’s got to be really difficult.

SC: Yeah, it’s I mean like I don’t even like I pretty much just ignored that. I I don't know how to handle it, but like I know it's a question. But <chuckles> I mean <chuckles> I don't I don't know a er like I don’t know how to, I just ignore it cuz I know it's just not true.

Dad: It’s negative

SC: Yeah it’s negative, so I don't wanna, yeah.

Dad: We’re trying to be positive and and find her, you know, you know we can’t do help anything about what anybody thinks…

SC: Yeah. I haven’t even seen any comments other than…

Dad: … other than what we think…

SC: Yeah

Dad: …and that’s all that matters.

Reporter: Can you talk about you know you’re trying to find her, talk about things you guys are doing because it seems that you’re doing a ton.

SC: Yeah. I mean the first day we’re I was going through dumpsters over here, to see if <unintelligible> her keys, or just walking around the apartment complex. I sat outside to see any suspicions, anything that was weird, I seen anything, I asked like the next morning and I just sat out here for hours and just asked everybody if they seen or heard screaming, any anything that was off or suspicious, everyone's no but I mean like they're all saying no. And uh…

Dad: Checked the cameras…

SC: Yeah we uh we went across to the HEB, we asking everybody for if they had cameras on their car I don't know we're just asking all the questions that we can and looking through everything.
That’s that's what I'm saying like there's only I don't know what else to do or this it's already the third day and it's getting scary. This is, it, I don't know

Dad: Checked the traffic lights at both ends there's two uh uh intersections here and all they do is if you break a law or you run light and they film you so that wasn't viable, and then we checked all the HEBs we checked you know they they I guess they have it on all their stores combined and whatever and nothing came from that either, so we're still just trying uh we have a an agency coming tomorrow uh the guy’s name is Tim…

SC: Tim Miller

Dad: … Miller and he has an agency that helps folks. He had the same thing happened to him, as a result he's developed a company that has high-tech equipment to go in and do things very quickly and in some views more efficiently than the local police, so he's going to be here tomorrow and help us with a bunch of it and we're hopefully hopeful that he'll come up with something so. It's all state-of-the-art equipment.

Reporter: How how do you deal with this with, I mean, you’ve still got kids at home, how…

SC: Yes. I haven’t I haven’t told them but I just try to I mean like they're there with this other part of the family right now until we at least get any answer, so that's why I have great support, and their kind of juggling with them right now why all this is going on over here, so I don't want to put that in their brains yet cuz I'm I'm an adult and I cannot even handle it, so I'm not gonna put that in their heads until we know something <cries> they’re too young.

Reporter: What uh what else do you want people to know?

SC: That this is amazing family, I mean <cries> she's so supportive and she just wants to help everybody as well. She wants to help. I mean she's the most giving person, if she only has four dollars in the bank account and she’s still helping somebody out, you know. She's a great person, she wouldn't, she needs to be back, her son needs her, I need her, her family needs her. Just… anyone with a little baby that kind of looks like her, please give anybody a call. News, 911, I don't care.

Dad: We’re open to anything

SC: Anything, any help, any any help

Dad: …uh get a hold of Austin PD, or we're soon to have a cell phone number that you can call and we'll keep everybody posted on that, or we can people can give tips there probably we're gonna try and get a reward going for the for information leading to finding her so that's in the near future.

Reporter: Thank you so much is there anything else that I’m missing?

SC: Just everybody be on board the more shares the more likes, comments, any platform that you could do, share. If you don't know me, I don't care just put it out there and just let it get around. You don't have to know me, you just post and share as much time as you can, it only takes one second. Want our family to be happy, just one second.

Dad: We’ve gotta find her, we’re not taking no for an answer, we’ve gotta find her.

SC: Yeah

Boyfriend of missing South Austin woman, baby speaks out

Transcript of Austin Police Department press conference Dec. 17, 2019:
(Note: I don't know the identity of the reporters who asked questions, or whether some reporters asked more than one question. I simply labelled them sequentially.)

Det. Herries: Good afternoon. My name is Brad Herries. B-R-A-D H-E-R-R-I-E-S. I'm a detective with the Austin Police Department Violent Crimes Unit. Today I want to provide a update on the current state of our search for Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey. I'll reiterate their, their descriptions. Heidi is a 33 year old white female. She stands 5 foot 3, 150 pounds. She has dark hair with highlights in it, and Margot is now a 3 week old child. Her last doctor's appointment she was 7 pounds 7 ounces and 22 inches long. Heidi and Margot were last seen on Thursday, December 12th here in Austin Texas. It's believed that Heidi and Margot's last known location was at their apartment complex in the area of William Cannon and South First, and we believe them to be there sometime the morning of that Thursday December 12th. Heidi and Margot were reported missing to us the Austin Police Department at approximately 7:30 that night on Thursday. Patrol went to the scene, conducted an initial investigation, and contacted detectives with the Austin Police Department. Since that moment we've been working this case continually. We have asked for the help of the FBI. The FBI is sending in the CARD team, that's the child abduction response deployment team here to Austin to assist with this investigation and with this search for Heidi and for Margot. Throughout this investigation we've had the assistance of a number of units both locally, statewide, and nationally, including Austin Police Department missing persons unit, the Austin Police Department Special Investigations Unit, the Texas Department of Public Safety, the Texas Rangers, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Travis County Search and Rescue team, as well as the Texas Parks and Wildlife. Those units have continued to support us and continue to support us as we move on with this investigation in our search for Heidi and Margot. I want to thank the community for tips that we've received in this case. We’ve received numerous tips from all different mediums and all different sources. We ask that those tips that are made be reported to the Austin Police Department. We've seen a lot of tips that are posted online and with those tips, we may not find them we're aware of a lot of a lot of Facebook pages a lot of online channels where people are posting comments that may be relevant to our investigation. We ask that you also share those with the Austin Police Department. Our resources, we’re we're doing our best to keep up with the number of posts, the number of tips that are being posted online but we ask that you contact us the Austin Police Department at area code 512-974-5250 with any tips. If you see Heidi or Margot please contact the Austin Police Department or your local law enforcement agency if you see them out and about. We continue to search, we've been working continually since Thursday night to try and find Heidi and Margot.

Reporter1: Detective, can we ask some questions here, given where you are right now with the investigation is Shane Carey a person of interest?

Det. Herries: So we have an ongoing current investigation and I'm not ready to get into anyone that we have as a person of interest, to be perfectly honest with you, this case is unique in that we don't have a person of interest right now. We're exploring every avenue that we have and every possibility, and to be perfectly honest, anything is possible at this point. We're working down every angle to try and exclude possibilities and narrow that down to locate Margot and Heidi, and that's why we need the public's help, and if you see Margot or Heidi or have any information about their whereabouts please contact the Austin Police Department.

Reporter2: …<unintelligible> … that Heidi left on her own?

Det. Herries: It's possible that the Heidi and Margot have left on their own accord. It's also possible that there may be something nefarious or foul play involved, and to be honest, we don't know the answer to that question, and that's what we're continuing to work on as we speak right now.

Reporter3: The possiblity that Heidi could have left on her own is why the child abduction response <unintelligible>

Det. Herries: The introduction of the FBI to the investigation is to help us, and the acronyms and and titles that they use for specialized units are not an implication of the direction or, or thoughts of this investigation. We're asking for any help that we can get and the FBI is being very gracious and helping us out with with that specialized unit.

Reporter4: You named several agencies that are helping you with the search effort, but there hasn’t been visible boots on the ground that we’ve been able to see. Is there a certain area that you guys are looking into? Is there not an area? I guess, where are those boots on the ground efforts to find her happening?

Det. Herries: So ever since Thursday night there have been officers on scene at their last known locations, at areas that would make sense for them to have been out doing video canvasses, knocking on doors, talking to neighbors, and doing anything we can do to try and find the current state, current position, or current location of Heidi and Margot.

Reporter5: Can you tell us what <unintelligible> when she got back to her apartment where she was last seen?

Det. Herries: So it was released earlier on she was dropping a child off at a school here in Austin and then returns to the apartment and that's where our our investigation begins is at the time she returned to the apartment.

Reporter6: It's been it's been five days now, are you any closer to finding out what happened to her or finding the location? And what if anything have you been able to do to push the needle forward, have you recovered any new video that may be out there?

Det. Herries: So we haven't released and to be honest with you it's an ongoing investigation we will not release all the information on what we're doing right now but I can assure you that continual investigations whether that be video canvass, speaking to neighbors, family, friends, co-workers, past co-workers, anything along those lines as well as forensic searches of their digital footprint and any electronic devices are all being continually evaluated and investigated by us.

Reporter7: What can you share about any previous calls or disturbances at Heidi's apartment?

Det. Herries: So the previous calls investigations those are something I would defer, but those are part of the ongoing investigations.

Reporter8: You say that there you're still searching for her, you still assume that she is alive at this point like but the baby as well?

Det. Herries: At this time we have no reason to believe that Marty, that Margot nor Heidi are harmed. We are still looking for them in a in a search and recovery manner with them being alive. Our assumption is that they're alive and the sooner that we can find them, the better, that's why again we asked for the community's assistance, for the public's assistance, and if you see either of them, or have any information related to Margot or Heidi and their whereabouts or the circumstances surrounding their past five days, we ask that you contact the Austin Police Department.

Reporter9: Can you please confirm whether there have, or have not, actually been any domestic instances, incidents reported at that address?

Det. Herries: I’d uh I can't go into the details of that, that's part of the ongoing investigation.

Reporter10: Are you reaching out to or trying to work with any out of state law enforcement agencies <unintelligible> across state lines <unintelligible> looking into that she possibly went back home to Louisiana in the middle of this?

Det. Herries: So our partners with the Department of Public Safety are helping out associating, helping out reach out to those other states and those other law enforcement agencies to conduct those investigations that are, frankly, outside of our jurisdiction, and we are continuing to work on those angles.

Reporter11: There are a lot of questions about why there was not an Amber Alert issued when she went missing and when Margot went missing asked on our website.

Det. Herries: So an Amber Alert carries with it a very specific set of circumstances and the circumstances surrounding this offense, this this call for service, don't don't match that Amber Alert. I'll defer you to DPS for their their criteria specifically for the Amber Alert. I can tell you that it didn't match that.

Reporter12: Detective, you mentioned the fact that you had moved up the time now from 7:50 in the morning at the school to some time in the morning that the mother and child were seen at their apartment complex. Was that due to surveillance video that was on scene then?

Det. Herries: So that's just part of our ongoing investigation. We have reason to believe that both of them were back at the apartment complex after being at the school.

Reporter13: There had been some suggestion that her keys and her purse were found either in her car or in the apartment. Where were her items of personal property found?

Det. Herries: So that's part of the scene that we're processing and continuing the process as we speak and those questions I'm gonna, I’m gonna say are part of the ongoing investigation…

Reporter14: Have you been able to nail down about where Shane was on Thursday throughout the day, and at what point he got home, and all of that?

Det. Herries: The timeline of all people surrounding Heidi and Margot, whether it be family members and friends, are things that that we've been investigating and speaking to them about, and that's part of the ongoing investigation into this case.

APD Spokesperson: Thank you.

<end>

We’re at the apartment complex where missing mom Heidi Broussard and her newborn baby Margot Carey live. Stark difference from previous days where APD and FBI have talked to neighbors. Today, with the exception of a couple of APD cruisers passing through, it has been empty.

EMLIs3ZXYAAjdA3.jpeg
Christian Flores on Twitter
1:43 PM (CST) · Dec 19, 2019 from Austin, TX

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members