TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smurfette's body was found Oct 16, 2012. Natasha went missing March 2013. So unless the information is wrong she is not a candidate. She does have the stats of our gal......

Erica Lynn Parsons was missing a long time before she was reported missing.

It's possible that some people are missing and not reported as missing until much later.

I hope I'm making sense.

Wow! Marianna looks like she could be a match. Distance between her eyes matches the sketch which is one of the things that is definite in the sketch. The nose shape in the sketch is a guess so it could be her.

I looked through family members Facebook's, many of the family members look like they have loving, well taken care of children and like other posters said no mention of Marianna.

I wish there was more information on her disappearance. The single friend listed under Marianna Peevy's FB has Aunts & Uncles listed who list all their siblings under relatives. I tried researching those. Five of the ten siblings are on FB and none appear to be the Mother/Father of Marianna. So I would guess it would be one of the other five, two have different last names that don't appear to be through marriage so possibly different Father's which would make them unlikely parents of Marianna. The three left I can't find much info on when googling.

I'm curious if it hasn't be reported all this time or if it's an error and she went missing Sept. 2013 but it was mistakenly entered as 2012?

I did think it was interesting that there was no mention of Marianna being missing on the FB pages I looked at of others with her last name also. One or two said something last year that made me "hmmm" but now I'd have to go back and retrack who or what (I found that FB page and then all the others after a very long day and fell asleep in the process so should have been keeping track of more).

The one or two things I remember giving me pause definitely weren't overt by any means, but just made me think they may be vague references to something going on and not being able to share what type of thing. If that makes sense?

There just are too many little connections that seem worth noting for me to have not kept looking. Especially b/c the last name isn't all that common and the location ties, etc. Even if we've not found the page of one in her immediate family, it still seems like it's not too far out there to think that they're somehow related.

Like a black sheep in the family type son could be her dad, and not one mentioned by others if they weren't close, or something? We have one of those in my family and most people wouldn't even know there was a third sibling, let alone anything about him.

What irks me is that many communities have more information on missing pets than missing people! I've found quite a few wandering dogs in my time and it is not that hard to find their owners. ARRRRRGGGGHHH

I did think it was interesting that there was no mention of Marianna being missing on the FB pages I looked at of others with her last name also. One or two said something last year that made me "hmmm" but now I'd have to go back and retrack who or what (I found that FB page and then all the others after a very long day and fell asleep in the process so should have been keeping track of more).

The one or two things I remember giving me pause definitely weren't overt by any means, but just made me think they may be vague references to something going on and not being able to share what type of thing. If that makes sense?

There just are too many little connections that seem worth noting for me to have not kept looking. Especially b/c the last name isn't all that common and the location ties, etc. Even if we've not found the page of one in her immediate family, it still seems like it's not too far out there to think that they're somehow related.

Like a black sheep in the family type son could be her dad, and not one mentioned by others if they weren't close, or something? We have one of those in my family and most people wouldn't even know there was a third sibling, let alone anything about him.

Exactly my thoughts, when I was looking through the FB's yesterday I thought to myself this is a very large family so a one family member could easily be off the radar and that could be the mother/father of this child.

I tried looking through the family members FB's to see if Marianna had a FB under a nickname which is quite popular these days. I didn't see anything but I only looked through briefly. In the past, I looked for birth records so I could find the middle name of the missing and usually if they have a FB under a different name, it's first and middle. But I couldn't find OK birth records on ancestry.

I think it would be worth putting Natasha forward to see if Dr Derrick likes the match enough to double check the date she was last seen.

As for Marianna, its all looking very, very possible indeed. Loads of coincidences.

One thing that has occurred to me regarding the lack of mentions on facebook, is that the Peevy family might be unaware that Marianna is missing. If Peevy is her father's surname then it may be a situation where Marianna has little or no recent contact with her father or his family.

It could be possible that Marianna (perhaps going through one of those difficult teenage phases) has a few arguments with her Mum and decides to run away. She might have decided to head to that particular part of Texas because she knows that her father lives/has lived there and she has this fantasy of finding her father and everything being perfect.

What irks me is that many communities have more information on missing pets than missing people! I've found quite a few wandering dogs in my time and it is not that hard to find their owners. ARRRRRGGGGHHH

Agreed! It would be nice if who the missing were reported missing by was listed. There are so many missing people I've looked at and wondered due to the circumstances who they were reported missing by. Whether it was family, foster care, group home, whoever made the report could really help connect the dots on what happened.

I'm hoping I will get an email from Dr. D tomorrow morning, if not i will definitely follow up with her in the afternoon, she is pretty good at relaying information once she has it. She is waiting on a call from either namus or OKPD, it will most likely be namus because LE has not responded to her voicemails. Not quite sure how they will rule her in or out unless they have dentals or DNA that have not been added yet. Her missing date is 09/20/2012, smurfette is believed to have been deceased by then, if marianna is smurfette is it possible she died in OK(before 09/20)and was brought to houston to be dumped? That would be a long risky drive, but its possible. It's hard to wrap my head around all of this excellent information, IMO marianna is the best possible match we have ever come across, we have absorbed so much information on this girl. Good information. Give yourselves a pat on the back!! Houstonmom, excellent job keeping an eye on the namus listings!

I have decided before submitting anymore PMs I would like Marianna to be ruled out. She seems like an excellent PM and I don't want any emails regarding marianna being overlooked. Dr. D should have an answer for us sometime next week. I'm hoping as early as tomorrow, but that could be wishful thinking.

Someone mentioned looking up birth records in OK for marianna, smurfette likely lived some of her life in north texas, did you check birth records for the great state of TX? : )

I'm hoping I will get an email from Dr. D tomorrow morning, if not i will definitely follow up with her in the afternoon, she is pretty good at relaying information once she has it. She is waiting on a call from either namus or OKPD, it will most likely be namus because LE has not responded to her voicemails. Not quite sure how they will rule her in or out unless they have dentals or DNA that have not been added yet. Her missing date is 09/20/2012, smurfette is believed to have been deceased by then, if marianna is smurfette is it possible she died in OK(before 09/20)and was brought to houston to be dumped? That would be a long risky drive, but its possible. It's hard to wrap my head around all of this excellent information, IMO marianna is the best possible match we have ever come across, we have absorbed so much information on this girl. Good information. Give yourselves a pat on the back!! Houstonmom, excellent job keeping an eye on the namus listings!

I have decided before submitting anymore PMs I would like Marianna to be ruled out. She seems like an excellent PM and I don't want any emails regarding marianna being overlooked. Dr. D should have an answer for us sometime next week. I'm hoping as early as tomorrow, but that could be wishful thinking.

Someone mentioned looking up birth records in OK for marianna, smurfette likely lived some of her life in north texas, did you check birth records for the great state of TX? : )

I didn't check any particular state, I tried running her by name through ancestry but nothing came up. Some states don't release birth records, for example Florida doesn't release birth records for 100 years due to identity theft issues. I will search around today and see if I can find anything else.

The only hesitation I have on Marianna is the lack of info, usually when there are few search results regarding a missing person they are no longer missing. I'm really curious what Dr. Derrick comes back with.

I find it very odd that she went missing September 20, 2012 and wasn't added to namus until September 19, 2013...364 days, why?

Florida has the highest rate of identity theft than any other state, so I understand that. I will see if I can find anything. Is it possible when she was born she took her mothers last name and then eventually took her fathers last name? I don't know how that would work and if doing so if it would alter the original birth certificate?

I find it very odd that she went missing September 20, 2012 and wasn't added to namus until September 19, 2013...364 days, why?

Florida has the highest rate of identity theft than any other state, so I understand that. I will see if I can find anything. Is it possible when she was born she took her mothers last name and then eventually took her fathers last name? I don't know how that would work and if doing so if it would alter the original birth certificate?

The date missing is a giant question mark to me! I mentioned that in a prior post. I'm really wondering if she went missing Sept. 2013 but I guess that wouldn't make sense since she was added Sept 19th and went missing Sept 20th. It's very odd.

I researched Oklahoma birth records, they are not public. I really think she was born in OK because Texas birth records are public and NOTHING comes up under her name.

I looked through the FB's again, totally a guess but I'm thinking if her Father is a Peevy but she was living with her Mother so she wasn't close to the Peevy family. There are actually two FB's for Marianna Peevy, both created on the same day but one wasn't used at all. The other only has the one post and one friend.

One interesting thing, a lot of the family members have huge gaps in postings in 2012. It's most likely coincidence. I didn't see anything that made mention of a missing family member.

I'm not sure where else we can look for info on her to see if she is still missing. Any one have any ideas?

WOW! I just hit the jackpot!

I decided to look through the older Peevy's again, for a male that isn't on FB. The one that is left with the last name Peevy, I looked his name up on Google and found an arrest record that list his tattoo's. Guess what! He has several name tattoo's one which is "MARIAUNA" I'm guess that whoever noted the tattoo's at the jail took the spelling down wrong.

So this guy has to be her Dad. Going to continue searching and see if I can find the other names on FB, they are most likely her siblings.

Update:

Ok.. Wow... So those names in the tattoo's gave me a TON of info thanks to FB.

I found the guy who I believe to be Marianna's father on FB.

Most of the names are definitely spelled wrong. I found two of the five names, I'm pretty sure the names are the children of the guy with the tattoo. It would make sense.

The two oldest (Marianna may be between the two, not sure) have FB accounts but neither of them are very active and there is nothing helpful.

Another tattoo was a woman's name on his chest, so I looked through his friends list and there she was! With a different last name. She is clearly remarried and has a lot of photos of her kids, she names 8 children but NONE are Marianna. No mention of Marianna, nothing in Sept. 2012 that indicates anything about Marianna going missing.

So.... Maybe Marianna has a different mother? It's just interesting that all the other kids in the tattoo do belong to the Mother I found.

Updating AGAIN:

SO after searching some more, the Mother in question commented on one of her photos that she has 4 children by so&so (the guy with the tattoo's) and 5 by so&so (new husband). I couldn't figure out who I was missing, since I only counted 8 kids in her photos. I went back and looked through them again, I missed one of them but it is NOT Marianna. SO that pretty much confirms my suspicions that Marianna has a different Mom.

Unfortunately that doesn't help us much, but it does give us an idea how she may not have had much contact with the other Peevy's. I will keep looking til I find her!

Well after all that searching, I haven't found her Mother. I know so much about her half siblings and everyone else but not Marianna.

First and last comment from Marianna Peevy on FB, "Hey erybody". Heart breaking.....

Hey, do any of you know if Smurfette's been buried yet? I recall Dr. Derrick said they were going to keep her for a little while after the facial approximation was drawn up, in case she is identified.

I think it'd be a great idea if the people in charge of the case organized a public funeral/vigil and had it televised. Everyone could wear blue, since she was found in a Smurf shirt. I think it'd be even more effective since she was basically still a kid and possibly disabled - both things that would generate more sympathy and make people more likely to help. A public event can get you a lot of leads, like it did in the Castro Valley Jane Doe and Baby Grace investigations.

Hey, do any of you know if Smurfette's been buried yet? I recall Dr. Derrick said they were going to keep her for a little while after the facial approximation was drawn up, in case she is identified.

I think it'd be a great idea if the people in charge of the case organized a public funeral/vigil and had it televised. Everyone could wear blue, since she was found in a Smurf shirt. I think it'd be even more effective since she was basically still a kid and possibly disabled - both things that would generate more sympathy and make people more likely to help. A public event can get you a lot of leads, like it did in the Castro Valley Jane Doe and Baby Grace investigations.

I will definitely be at the burial, but I get the feeling Dr. D is going to keep her till her family is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne