Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great - it's really going to be DNA work that solves so many of these old cases I think. How exciting to think about how many families will get closure and/or get reunited with their loved ones in future.

They're solving a lot with the new fingerprint technology and updates to AFIS, too. It may not help in this case, but a handful were solved last year.

Great news. Hope this leads to more and more opportunities to provide closure to families in this one and similar cases.

Yes, I'm the one who asked! lol. I really hope she looks into it and I explained that she's a very popular case that would get funded quickly.

Since you guys are talking about the DNA Doe Project you might all like to know that Lyle Stevik's DNA passed quality control and they are now taking donations for DNA sequencing.

I have questioned that myself. Yes they had his truck in AZ, when they arrested him. From Graveyard Shift "In Robert Ben Rhoades's truck, authorities recovered a briefcase filled with sex toys and torture devices which the hitchhiker said the trucker had used to abuse her over the course of several hours. Inside the briefcase, officers found dildos, alligator clips, handcuffs, leashes, and whips, as well as pins which Rhoades had used to pierce the young woman's nipples and genitals".
he-had-a-briefcase-filled-with-sex-toys-photo-u1
They also searched his Houston area home, where they found nude pictures of Walsh and Walters. He was one sick puppy!

I got another tip on WWWCJD. Not sure if it is credible, but it is interesting. I have to redact the tipster's name and the name of the Huntsville resident referenced in the woman's tip.

[Redacted]
Awhile back I saw the Walker Co Jane Doe feature on my Facebook feed. At frst, I wondered why I didn't remember the case since there had to be a Huntsville media blitz, but then I didn't take the newspaper or listen to the radio.

Anyway, some details in the article triggered a memory of a young girl my husband and I gave a ride to from Oakhurst to Huntsville years ago. The photo didn't jump out at me, but the clothing similarities was spot on, odd necklace, yellow clothing, strappy sandels. My nagging gut feeling says the young girl was possibly this Jane Doe.

She didn't give a name that I recollect but did say she was from Aransas Pass area on the coast. At the time, I wasn't familiar with that area and asked if it was near Three Rivers...a town Dad had talked about. When I asked about family, she offered up, who cares. My first thought was she may be a runaway from a juvenile detention center in Oakhurst...if one existed.

We dropped her off at the [Redacted] house on 13th Street in Huntsville and I think he may have worked at TDC. I don't know why my husband thought she could stay there or how he even knew them. I knew the daughters from school. Later on when I asked him if he had heard anything else about how she was doing, he said Mr. [Redacted] said she had headed out to somewhere else.

I didn't notice the model of [Redacted] car, but he could have been the one that dropped her off at service station. If he did work for TDC, maybe she was trying to contact him. The [Redacted] girls may remember something, but I don't even know if they were still living at home at the time.

Irregardless, do you think this information would provide any new leads in this unsolved tragedy.

I contacted Walker County Sheriff's Office and shared this information a few months ago.

I got another tip on WWWCJD. Not sure if it is credible, but it is interesting. I have to redact the tipster's name and the name of the Huntsville resident referenced in the woman's tip.

I think it's very interesting CarlK.

Interesting possibility, CarlK
Thanks for passing it along.

AddiesMom found something very interesting. The name of the man referenced in this tip is the exact same somewhat uncommon name as a man arrested in Guadalupe county in 1981 for "aggravated attempted rape". The man (whose initials are BRS) attempted to rape a 13 year old Mexican immigrant girl, threatening her with a shotgun. As the girl attempted to flee, he fired the shotgun at her (which missed), and then rammed her with his truck, knocking her into a barbed wire fence before driving away.

This BRS is not the same BRS referenced in the tip who lived in Huntsville. The arrested man was born about 1945. Huntsville BRS was much older.

Incidentally, TDC mentioned in the tip is the Texas Department of Corrections.

Wow! Definitely worth looking into. Gave me the goosebumps reading that. Hope something comes of the info, she deserves her name back.

AddiesMom found something very interesting. The name of the man referenced in this tip is the exact same somewhat uncommon name as a man arrested in Guadalupe county in 1981 for "aggravated attempted rape". The man (whose initials are BRS) attempted to rape a 13 year old Mexican immigrant girl, threatening her with a shotgun. As the girl attempted to flee, he fired the shotgun at her (which missed), and then rammed her with his truck, knocking her into a barbed wire fence before driving away.

This BRS is not the same BRS referenced in the tip who lived in Huntsville. The arrested man was born about 1945. Huntsville BRS was much older.

I know it's not the same BRS but that incident in Guadalupe county feels so oddly coincidental in timeframes, same name, etc!

I sure hope that isn't an attempted troll. I am still a bit leery after someone attempted a troll job on the Buckskin Girl thread.

Odd question, but the Walker County Jane Doe looks a lot like the girl on the right in some sketches,
attachment.php

On the right, this is from Aransas Pass Cold cases,
https://ap-police.com/1980-cold-case-homicide-involving-guadalupe-gomez/
Could she be related and be visiting a relative? Sorry if this has been discussed before.

If I'm looking at this correctIy, I think the person on the right is a male, and is actually a younger version of the person on the left? Is anyone else seeing it that way, too, by chance?

Maybe the person who dropped her off came back by, saw her, and picked her up again?

Maybe the person who dropped her off came back by, saw her, and picked her up again?

That part of it really doesn't make sense. BRS would not have been the person who dropped her off at the South-End Gulf Station. But perhaps she was returning to Huntsville to meet BRS some time after the tipster's husband took her to Huntsville..

"When I asked about family, she offered up, who cares. My first thought was she may be a runaway from a juvenile detention center in Oakhurst...if one existed." Does anyone else think this makes no sense?
The "who cares" is the exact thing she said to the truck stop waitress. Ok ,that could have been her token response to that question. The part that makes no sense to me is: to imagine she may be from a place that she didn't even know existed. That is very bizarre. The town of Oakhurst is very very small. I don't fully understand how she made that leap after she asked if it were near three rivers. I'm baffled.

I don't know if I buy this... kind of fishy that WCJD possibly said 'who cares' to the tipster as well as the restaurant worker and that she remembers the WCJD's exact outfit and 'weird necklace' from decades ago but not her face?? And never asked the girl for her first name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove