Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today marks the 30th anniversary of Walker County Jane Doe's death.

Let's hope and pray that this is the last anniversary date that she remains nameless.

I come back to WS after 2 days away & catch up by scroll down unread messages. CARLK, I noticed your great photo of Halloween prison shirt & cap from 30 yr ago were removed from the post. Didn't the moderator deleted it due to inapproximate post?

I come back to WS after 2 days away & catch up by scroll down unread messages. CARLK, I noticed your great photo of Halloween prison shirt & cap from 30 yr ago were removed from the post. Didn't the moderator deleted it due to inapproximate post?

When I posted it, I thought it was kind of an interesting side-note and a odd coincidence that others might find interesting. But I decided to ask Cubby to remove it because I started thinking that others might interpret it as a little too self-congratulatory. The thread should be about WCJD and any possibles. Not about me.

A dental ID can happen over night....why the wait I wonder if both have dental records on file? Anyone know what makes a legal ID in TX??? Usually it is DNA, dental, fingerprints etc...

A dental ID can happen over night....why the wait I wonder if both have dental records on file? Anyone know what makes a legal ID in TX??? Usually it is DNA, dental, fingerprints etc...

It may have already been done, but if it is a match, they might want to make arrangements to notify the family.

If it is Deborah, they would probably want Lt. Perkins to fly to Illinois to be present when the family is notified so that he can explain the details of what happened to her. The Downer's Grove PD would not be as privy to the details of the case.

When I posted it, I thought it was kind of an interesting side-note and a odd coincidence that others might find interesting. But I decided to ask Cubby to remove it because I started thinking that others might interpret it as a little too self-congratulatory. The thread should be about WCJD and any possibles. Not about me.

In case anyone is interested, I reposted the photo in the blog section of my Public Profile page.

If DNA is listed as "available" on doenetwork, does that mean it is in codis?

Deborah's DNA is listed as "available" on doenetwork and on namus the DNA status is listed as "Sample submitted - Tests complete". Would that mean it's in codis or just that they have DNA?

The reason I ask is because we know that WCJD has DNA in codis, and if Deborah's DNA is already in codis then that means if they were a match, codis would have already detected that automatically, correct?

I know that DoeNet saya that she is in CODIS, but Lt. Perkins told me that WCJD is not in CODIS (or at least, not a mtDNA profile). IIRC, he said that University of North Texas is still working on a mtDNA profile.

The mtDNA profile is what would be necessary to compare to family members.

Deborah McCall definitely looks promising.... I can't wait to hear! I want this poor girl to have her name back so badly. Thank you for everything you do, Carl!

Yes that is so true..I am on pins and needles waiting for u to hear back..

And this maybe exactly what is taking so long..I think it was in 89 or 99 that they exhaumed the body..and still the DNA has not been worked as of July 21 2010 when I was there.. he was gonna contact them about the DNA..even he did not know why it was taking so long..I am PRAYING that with such a good candidate for a possible match maybe they will step it up!!!

Had to laugh was looking for the link to the website I set up for WCJD(have changed puters and have to refind it) anywho someone questioning my ways of getting the info out about the website hence getting info out about our Jane doe.. made another site with some crude comments about my methods of advertising..BUT by doing so helpes the image of WCJD get spread farther online.. check out the link..

http://www.cavitieszine.com/walker-county-jane-doe/

I just posted this one on the Caledonia Jane Doe thread, but she also fits fairly closely to Walker County Jane Doe.

Deborah A. McCall

DMcCall1.jpg
DMcCall3.jpg

91UFTX.jpg
91UFTX1.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2975dfil.html

* Height is right.
* Age is right.
* She wore a yellow-gold necklace, just like WCJD.

ETA: I called it in to the Walker County Sheriff’s Office

I spoke with Lt. Perkins again. He has not yet taken the dental records to a forensic Odontologist, but he said that his gut impression is that WCJD is not Deborah McCall. He said that although he is not an expert in forensic odontology, he took a preliminary look at the dentals "to see if things matched up", and said that it didn't look to him like like a match.

He also said that she did very strongly resemble WCJD, but he feels pretty confident that WCJD was a little bit younger than 17.

He is, however, going to take the records to a Forensic Odontologist to get a positive ruling, and he will let me know when he does.

I've spent the last week absolutely certain that this was going to be a good match. But oh well, the search continues.

I took down my recon when I put up the Debbie McCall comparison because I thought the official sketches looked more like Debbie McCall. But since Debbie is looking more doubtful (based on today's discussion with Lt. Perkins), I am putting my reconstruction back up for an alternative version of how WCJD may have looked in life.

I have put quite a bit of additional work into this since I first put it up on this thread, and I think it is much improved over what I had orginally posted. I also revised it to include the necklace and the scar next to her right eyebrow. This one has been quite difficult because (1) the three postmortem photos all look like three different people, and (2) her face was quite bruised and swollen and distorted from postmortem effects, and (3) the photos were of poor quality.

e711c51f-1aeb-48e4-8511-ce146545ed8a.jpg

::bump::

thinking about you everyday, hoping that you can have your name back soon.

I'm new to this forum but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to help. I live in San Antonio, which is somewhat far from where WCJD was found, but I'll do what I can...

Perhaps the necklace might help in identifying her. Does anyone know details beyond what's been given already (i.e., were the pendant and chain made of real gold)? I'll see if I can find any like it and information such as potential sources. If it was a piece of fine jewelry, there might be purchase records available.

Any ideas?

I'm new to this forum but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to help. I live in San Antonio, which is somewhat far from where WCJD was found, but I'll do what I can...

Perhaps the necklace might help in identifying her. Does anyone know details beyond what's been given already (i.e., were the pendant and chain made of real gold)? I'll see if I can find any like it and information such as potential sources. If it was a piece of fine jewelry, there might be purchase records available.

Any ideas?

Welcome to WS WingedAtrocity! Quite a bit of effort has been spent on this case, and I'm not sure what you could do from San Antonio that hasn't already been done.

The person who last spoke with WCJD reported that WCJD claimed to be from Aransas Pass / Rockport Area (i.e., near Corpus Christi). She was probably lying, but I would want to look into it nevertheless.

I'm not suggesting that you drive the 150 miles to Aransas Pass, but the one thing that I would do if I lived anywhere near there, would be to go to the local High Schools and Jr High Schools and ask them if I could browse through their 1979 and 1980 yearbooks. Classmates.com has recently started putting yearbooks on their site, but they haven't yet added any from Aransas Pass High School.

Maybe Law Enforcement already though of doing that, but if I ever was in the Corpus Christi area, I probably would do that. A couple of hours at the Aransas Pass HS would be nothing compared to the hours I've spent browsing through MP sites.

Welcome to WS WingedAtrocity! Quite a bit of effort has been spent on this case, and I'm not sure what you could do from San Antonio that hasn't already been done.

The person who last spoke with WCJD reported that WCJD claimed to be from Aransas Pass / Rockport Area (i.e., near Corpus Christi). She was probably lying, but I would want to look into it nevertheless.

I'm not suggesting that you drive the 150 miles to Aransas Pass, but the one thing that I would do if I lived anywhere near there, would be to go to the local High Schools and Jr High Schools and ask them if I could browse through their 1979 and 1980 yearbooks. Classmates.com has recently started putting yearbooks on their site, but they haven't yet added any from Aransas Pass High School.

Maybe Law Enforcement already though of doing that, but if I ever was in the Corpus Christi area, I probably would do that. A couple of hours at the Aransas Pass HS would be nothing compared to the hours I've spent browsing through MP sites.
I go to Port Aransas/Rockport at least once a year with my father, actually, so maybe next time we go we can extend our stay a little bit. In addition to the distance, I'm also a college freshman and that means I'm not TOO useful, but hopefully something is better than nothing.
:iamashamed0005:

I am wondering if there is anyone willing to contact the Illionis detective in charge of Deborah's case about the possible match? I'm sorry, but I'm too chicken. I could send an email, but based on previous experiences that would more than likely take forever to get a response.

I know she has tentatively been ruled out based on dentals. However, people do make mistakes (I'm wondering if the detective compared x-rays between the two or simply based his comparison on dental chart notes). Case in point, in the Jason Doe case a possible match was ruled out based on dentals, but too many people thought the case deserved a different approach and now DNA comparison is in th works. So far there is no happy ending but at least all efforts are being made, leaving no room for doubt.

Anyone up for the challenge? At least to try to find out the kind of dental work Deborah had?

I have a couple more days off and am catching up on the reading here. CarlK, what a find! Please stay on a certain LT in Walker co. about this possible match. It looks more like "probable" to me, but I have not seen a better comparison. I know many who don't know the workings of that area think he is the cake and the icing too. but I am very familiar with le in and around that area from waaaay back and for many, punching the time clock means getting coffee, donuts and a eight hour nap. Just sayin;........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove