GUILTY TX - Jake Kimbley, 2, Smith County, 21 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if the early reports about his clothes being found were wrong. I find it hard to believe that a 2 year-old would take off his own clothes in the woods and then accidentally fall into a septic tank.

Found the answer to my own question!

"On Tuesday, volunteers reported clothes and footprints were found near a creek near the home. Authorities are now saying no clothes were found, and knowing the children played at the creek often, they believe the footprint was made by Jake before he went missing."

http://www.wafb.com/story/19337952/missing-two-year-old-boy-found-dead

It wasn't officially released. It was in a comment on a news article and now it seems to have been deleted.

In the article I linked in post #72 is stated it right in the article and claimed the media had been told that the 8 year-old had reported it to LE. I guess it's possible that the media overheard LE talking to one another but that seems a little sloppy.

Here is the link, it is directly in the article not the comments.

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/19342318/missing-2-year-olds-death-under-investigation

The media may have overheard it.

ETA: I sent an email asking why it was removed from the article.

Thanks for doing that! I found that it is still in the cbs19 article that I just reposted but yes, it does seem to have disappeared from everywhere else. I wonder if LE squashed it.

KLTV says they never reported the part about the 8-yr old, so it must have just been the cbs article? And they still are reporting it?

Does anyone else think it's odd that the 8 year-olds statement was released before they arrested the dad? It seems like something LE or the DA would come out with after an arrest has been made but wouldn't they want a witness statement like that kept out of the media, at least until an arrest was made?

It is odd, but wasn't it the grandfather who was arrested? I think he's the RSO in this case.

So... no idea about the statement about the dad. The rumors around the news sites are just a'flying. There are no absolute facts yet, except that this little one was found in a septic tank and grandpa was arrested... waiting to hear more, but the hinky meter on my desk is going bananas.

KLTV says they never reported the part about the 8-yr old, so it must have just been the cbs article? And they still are reporting it?

Not only are they still reporting it but they just updated the article with info I'm not seeing anywhere else. I just posted it. Not sure if they are perpetuating rumors or getting a scoop.

Wow. Named as suspects. So Le does do this sometimes...(names people).

It is odd, but wasn't it the grandfather who was arrested? I think he's the RSO in this case.

So... no idea about the statement about the dad. The rumors around the news sites are just a'flying. There are no absolute facts yet, except that this little one was found in a septic tank and grandpa was arrested... waiting to hear more, but the hinky meter on my desk is going bananas.

Yes, the grandfather was arrested for being a SO around children, I think he has since been released. I just think it's weird that they would release the statement about the father before actually arresting the father. That's usually the kind of thing that comes out after an arrest.

There is a Jake Kimbley on FB, although nothing on the page.

I have it open in another window so I can still see her page, but when I try to look at pictures I get the error message.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back